HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines for next season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-10-2013, 03:16 PM
  #126
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
I would guess the opening line-up would look something like:

Stalberg - Cullen - Wilson
Bourque - Fisher - Hornqvist
Smith - Legwand - Forsberg
Hendricks - Gaustad - Nystrom

Weber - Josi
Klein - Jones
Bartley - Ellis

Rinne
This looks spot on. Beck and Watson to Milwaukee, Spaling traded, and Clune and Ekholm on the pine.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:20 PM
  #127
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Do not want Beck in Milwaukee, IMHO he's far better than Smith.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:35 PM
  #128
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
I would guess the opening line-up would look something like:

Stalberg - Cullen - Wilson
Bourque - Fisher - Hornqvist
Smith - Legwand - Forsberg
Hendricks - Gaustad - Nystrom

Weber - Josi
Klein - Jones
Bartley - Ellis

Rinne
This except a few changes for me.

Stalberg - Cullen - Wilson
Forsberg - Fisher - Hornqvist
Beck - Legwand - Bourque
Hendricks - Gaustad - Nystrom

Weber - Josi
Klein - Jones
Ekholm - Ellis
Bartley

Rinne

Smith and Spals traded

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:49 PM
  #129
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Do not want Beck in Milwaukee, IMHO he's far better than Smith.
One factor here may be waivers. I believe Beck doesn't have to clear to be sent down.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
  #130
preds1
Registered User
 
preds1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
One factor here may be waivers. I believe Beck doesn't have to clear to be sent down.
Kinda what I was thinking too.
Really impressed with Beck last year though. Easy spot to fill if Smith is traded.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 04:50 PM
  #131
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Do not want Beck in Milwaukee, IMHO he's far better than Smith.
Agreed. Waivers be damned. Trade Smith or scratch him. Beck is penciled in the lineup till Smith shows something on an NHL sized rink against NHL competition...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:18 AM
  #132
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,660
vCash: 500
Great article on Forsberg. Looks like he'll make the team and have a big role. I'm really thinking that Poile is relying on him to have a big rookie year.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...dy-full-season

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:30 AM
  #133
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,506
vCash: 500
They should let me fact check for hockey articles printed in the Tennessean. He didn't score a goal

edit: Good article, though. I like the confidence the club has in Forsberg, and the confidence he has in himself while still remaining humbled by the opportunity. I know a lot of people aren't keen on the way Trotz coaches and Poile builds teams, but I certainly place a lot of trust in both of them when they are evaluating talent in younger players. They've been around the game long enough to notice the nuanced differences in players. Often times it is those subtle differences that make great players great.


Last edited by TMI: 07-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:36 AM
  #134
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
They should let me fact check for hockey articles printed in the Tennessean. He didn't score a goal
He didn't, but he did have an assist.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:38 AM
  #135
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,506
vCash: 500
Yeah I read that line and thought, "wait, I thought he only had an assist." I had to go back and check to be sure, though I was 99.9999% confident in my own recollection.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:31 PM
  #136
preds1
Registered User
 
preds1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,765
vCash: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Great article on Forsberg. Looks like he'll make the team and have a big role. I'm really thinking that Poile is relying on him to have a big rookie year.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...dy-full-season
Good article. I really hope he does well this year.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 02:11 AM
  #137
Bruise Bros 2426
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
With Nystrom and Hendricks on the 4th line,has Rich Clune's time in Nashville ended? Any word on his role next season?

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 07:18 AM
  #138
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,338
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
With Nystrom and Hendricks on the 4th line,has Rich Clune's time in Nashville ended? Any word on his role next season?
Gotta think with evryone healthy he is at best gonna be the 13th or 14th forward. But probably stays as the injury replacement on that 4th line. Is he under contract or is he an RFA?

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 07:28 AM
  #139
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Gotta think with evryone healthy he is at best gonna be the 13th or 14th forward. But probably stays as the injury replacement on that 4th line. Is he under contract or is he an RFA?
I believe he's got one more year.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 07:56 AM
  #140
Persona5
Registered User
 
Persona5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
I see a lot of people putting Stalberg on the top line. I really think there is no chance for that to happen. With that said, I think our top 3 lines will split minutes for the most part when it comes to 5 vs 5 so what line he ends up on won't really affect his TOI. I can see him on the PP though and that should elevate his minutes a good bit.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 02:26 PM
  #141
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
Would you say our top three offensive players for next season 'should' be,
Hornqvist, Wilson and legwand??

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 02:32 PM
  #142
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Would you say our top three offensive players for next season 'should' be,
Hornqvist, Wilson and legwand??
pretty anemic

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 02:43 PM
  #143
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Forsberg could show up and have a Pat Kane like rookie season, so it's not out of the question. Trotz and Poile seem to think he's got elite talent. If he just matched Wilson's pace for last season, it would be incredible. Even still, I think he could do a 50 points season.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:21 AM
  #144
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
I think that's expecting too much. Obviously poile and trotz are high on him, they brought him in and didnt replace erat. They gotta sell him and hope he delivers.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:17 AM
  #145
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Would you say our top three offensive players for next season 'should' be,
Hornqvist, Wilson and legwand??
Offensively gifted forwards

Wilson
Beck
Forsberg

Players who'll give us most offense

Wilson
Stalberg
Weber

Forwards who'll give us most offense

Wilson
Stalberg
Fisher/Legwand/Hornqvist/Beck/Forsberg/Cullen

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 07:58 AM
  #146
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
I wonder if Shea weber is leading scorer again this season?

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:05 PM
  #147
thecloser
Registered User
 
thecloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brentwood, tn
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 500
All I'm gonna say is Stalberg and Forsberg.

Too many haters that hate on our own team.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:15 PM
  #148
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
All I'm gonna say is Stalberg and Forsberg.

Too many haters that hate on our own team.
Well there is 60 points combined, best case scenario.

Forsberg has 1 assist in his games last season, '1'. People think he is going to be our top six answer this year?? Hell no! Maybe in a few years. Same with beck.

Stalberg is pushing thirty and has barely done anything in the NHL. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but this is the worst offensive team in the NHL. If we are relying on guys like stalberg, fisher, hornqvist, yeah we won't do much this season.

All of our games will be 1-0 or 2-1. We can shut down opposition and are probably best team in NHL for defense, but our offense is just sad.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:34 PM
  #149
Flgatorguy87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Nasty
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Well there is 60 points combined, best case scenario.

Forsberg has 1 assist in his games last season, '1'. People think he is going to be our top six answer this year?? Hell no! Maybe in a few years. Same with beck.

Stalberg is pushing thirty and has barely done anything in the NHL. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but this is the worst offensive team in the NHL. If we are relying on guys like stalberg, fisher, hornqvist, yeah we won't do much this season.

All of our games will be 1-0 or 2-1. We can shut down opposition and are probably best team in NHL for defense, but our offense is just sad.
Stalberg just turned 27, so he is closer to 25 than he is 30. I know your not a fan, but at least give him credit that he is young and has offensive upside rather than say he is pushing 30 and done nothing in the NHL.

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:36 PM
  #150
maplepred
Registered User
 
maplepred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flgatorguy87 View Post
Stalberg just turned 27, so he is closer to 25 than he is 30. I know your not a fan, but at least give him credit that he is young and has offensive upside rather than say he is pushing 30 and done nothing in the NHL.
I will definitely give the guy a shot, but I just don't think he will be a legit top six IMHO.

But I am not meaning to hate on him, just think he is getting big overhypage on this board.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.