HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Training Camp

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2013, 10:51 PM
cybresabre
Zemgus!

vCash: 921
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
If there's one thing I know about the Bills, we make backups look like all-pros.

Whoever replaces Gronk/Hernandez (if one or both don't play) in their lineup in week 1 will have a career day. Take it to the bank.
Putting the "who?" in Hoomanawanui...

Old
06-21-2013, 12:08 AM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

vCash: 500
Jake Ballard was actually an excellent TE for the Giants.He was out all last year but he is still young and if he is the starter for most of the season I can see him putting up 70 catches, 800 yards and 8+ TDs.

It's sad that Scott Chandler would be the 4th, possibly only 3rd best TE on the Patriots.

Old
06-21-2013, 02:41 AM
cybresabre
Zemgus!

vCash: 921
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Jake Ballard was actually an excellent TE for the Giants.He was out all last year but he is still young and if he is the starter for most of the season I can see him putting up 70 catches, 800 yards and 8+ TDs.

It's sad that Scott Chandler would be the 4th, possibly only 3rd best TE on the Patriots.
Urkel knows what's up.

Old
06-21-2013, 06:16 PM
dma0034

Quote:

So would 24 team's top TE as well. Patriots took risks grabbing Gronk and Hernandez with question marks coming out of college. Now it looks like it has caught up with them. Jimmy Graham (despite not being in the top 100) is the best TE in the game.

Old
06-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Ness
@KetchTime

RT @RoobCSN: "Gee, I wonder who Aaron Hernandez learned to destroy video evidence from?"

Old
06-24-2013, 12:37 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Jim Kelly is cancer-free after surgery.

Old
06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Excellent news on the Kelly front

Aaron Hernandez is being held without bail after being charged for murder.

Old
06-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Djp

Quote:

the Patriots broke an unwritten rule in player transactions when they claimed Ballard from waivers.

Ballard was known to be out for the season after the injury in the Super bowl. The team had to have him clear waivers to open up a roster spot and for him to go on the PUP/LTIR type of list....no other teams filed a claim on him except for NE.

Old
06-26-2013, 04:35 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Patriots release Hernandez, in case you hadn't heard Looks like Ballard was a timely pickup, unwritten rule or no.

Old
06-26-2013, 04:45 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

There's the franchise TE we have been missing since Reimersma and he's available off waivers

What an idiot. Signs a 40 million dollar contract at age 23 and will likely be sentenced to life.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:13 PM
boots electric

And now Hernandez is under investigation for a double-murder in Boston last summer

Old
06-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Old
06-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
When this all started coming out I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that something happened and he didn't report it because that sometimes happens with panic-y idiots. Then it turns out cold-blooded, premeditated murder. Now a possible other double-murder, though I won't make assumptions that there's anything there to that one. There's really no question he was involved in pre-meditated murder in the first case, whether he gets convicted or not.

What a *******.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:43 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
There's a pic of him in college of a self pic holding a gun in a mirror. As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!"

Old
07-01-2013, 07:08 PM
dma0034

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantas...183313275.html

Quote:
The only person in the NFL who's had any success stopping Spiller is Chan Gailey, and he's no longer a threat
Awesome

Old
07-02-2013, 04:30 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Bills released WR Kevin Norrell from Reserve/Injured.

Old
07-09-2013, 12:45 AM
CraniumCram
Bring back BJS

Secret Superstar: Alex Carrington, Pro Football Focus/

Pretty cool article, can't wait to the see Defense this year with Pettine, very very stoked.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:02 PM
whiplash

Does NFL.com even vet their articles before allowing them on the front page?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...r-starting-job

After Dareus's slow start last year, he and K Williams didn't just improve, they were beasts inside. It's an article about defensive tackle playing time and they don't even mention Alan Branch's name. Jay Ross (who?) is Dareus' competition for a starting spot on 4 man fronts.
Unless there is a direct soundbite of Pettine or Marrone saying "Yeah, he might not start" there isn't a snowball's chance in hell Dareus isn't a feature player on the defense.

Old
07-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Nibbler

vCash: 50
I don't really understand why the Bills won't just pay Byrd what he wants... and should they need the cap space in a year or 2, trade him or cut him.

Old
07-12-2013, 11:10 AM
JEvans14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahrahguy View Post
I don't really understand why the Bills won't just pay Byrd what he wants... and should they need the cap space in a year or 2, trade him or cut him.
They might not think that he's worth $8 or $9 million.

From what I've been hearing though, Byrd really wants to be here and has been in constant contact with his teammates, it's his agent that's keeping him from signing at this point. So I guess at this point we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out unfortunately.......

Old
07-12-2013, 12:06 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEvans14 View Post

From what I've been hearing though, Byrd really wants to be here and has been in constant contact with his teammates, it's his agent that's keeping him from signing at this point. So I guess at this point we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out unfortunately.......
If that's true and he doesn't end up signing a long term deal, then it would behoove him not to sit out, have an awesome season getting paid as a top 5 safety and then either re-sign here or make a ******** of money somewhere else. It would make absolutely no sense for him to not accept the tag and sit out a season

(unless I've got my Franchise Tag rules completely wrong, in which case IGNORE ME)

Old
07-12-2013, 12:16 PM
dotcommunism

Quote:

Yeah I really doubt his agent is "keeping him from signing". It's not part of an agent's job to keep his client from signing if he really wants to. On the other hand, taking flak for his client for PR purposes is part of the agent's job.

Old
07-12-2013, 01:13 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:

That's not how it works. He is the agent's boss. The agent simply does what his client wants him to do.

Old
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM
JEvans14

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
If that's true and he doesn't end up signing a long term deal, then it would behoove him not to sit out, have an awesome season getting paid as a top 5 safety and then either re-sign here or make a ******** of money somewhere else. It would make absolutely no sense for him to not accept the tag and sit out a season
Absolutely agree. We'll see him on the field this year for sure. He'd be hurting his career pretty badly sitting out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcommunism View Post
Yeah I really doubt his agent is "keeping him from signing". It's not part of an agent's job to keep his client from signing if he really wants to. On the other hand, taking flak for his client for PR purposes is part of the agent's job.
Agents do it all the time. They do it to push the market up and in turn get larger deals for his clients that aren't at Byrd's level. I forget who it was a couple of years ago but this same agent did the same thing. Michael Crabtree or Dez Bryant maybe? I don't remember specifically......

Old
07-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Djp

His agent gives him advise.

His agent is also looking at him as a trend setter in terms of setting a pay standard for Safeties.

there is abig difference in starting CB salary and starting Safety salary.

I think under the new CBA you can only use the franchise tag on a player once (I could be wrong). Last year the Pats did that to welker then this year he left as a UFA.

Buffalo needs to give him a longer contract than just one year. Otherwise he is done.

The other problem....the coaching staff is all new...thus the DC may view his skill set as not ideal for a safety in his system. thus they plan on trading him for a 1st.

Closed Thread