HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade and Proposals Thread XXXVII: Is MacT mostly done?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2013, 11:00 AM
  #151
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
From the Blues board:


http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=788



They have an extreme excess of forwards....a few guys that play with a lot of jam. I hope MacT keeps Armstrong on speed dial. Any of Sobotka, Porter, Cracknell, or Reaves would do wonders for our 4th line.
Sobotka is a guy I would over pay to get, he's a shut down center in the making, imo.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:07 AM
  #152
OilerFan4Life
Registered User
 
OilerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Sobotka is a guy I would over pay to get, he's a shut down center in the making, imo.
Agreed. He's also the least likely of that bunch to be moved.

Porter, Cracknell, Reaves were BEAST mode against the Kings in the playoffs. These are the type of heavy guys you need on a 4th line.

I'll take any one of them

OilerFan4Life is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:13 AM
  #153
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Agreed. He's also the least likely of that bunch to be moved.

Porter, Cracknell, Reaves were BEAST mode against the Kings in the playoffs. These are the type of heavy guys you need on a 4th line.

I'll take any one of them
Cracknell's another guy I know I really like, but I wonder if they move him after just re-signing him. He's just a 4th liner, but would add to the depth.

I wonder what Stl would need for Sabotka and Cracknell?

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:15 AM
  #154
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 500
I really think Gagner getting signed is holding up a LOT of potential moves that MacT is willing to make.

He can't go wasting capspace until he's got Gags signed IMO. Once that deal is done he'll have a baseline to make the rest of his moves with.

Groucho is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:20 AM
  #155
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,547
vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
From the Blues board:


http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=788



They have an extreme excess of forwards....a few guys that play with a lot of jam. I hope MacT keeps Armstrong on speed dial. Any of Sobotka, Porter, Cracknell, or Reaves would do wonders for our 4th line.
I'd like Sobotka, can play center, pk, hit and cheap in offensively. Perfect 3rd liner.

Porter is probably the next best player and as exciting as the others are they are kinda 12-13th forwards.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:25 AM
  #156
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,547
vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I really think Gagner getting signed is holding up a LOT of potential moves that MacT is willing to make.

He can't go wasting capspace until he's got Gags signed IMO. Once that deal is done he'll have a baseline to make the rest of his moves with.
Jagr is the hold up IMO. Gagner they have to have a ballpark figure +/- 1mil. But Jagr being the best RW available for free has to be stopping teams from pulling the trigger on Hemsky IMO.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:28 AM
  #157
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood
 
CornKicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,672
vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Jagr is the hold up IMO. Gagner they have to have a ballpark figure +/- 1mil. But Jagr being the best RW available for free has to be stopping teams from pulling the trigger on Hemsky IMO.
we should be a holes and sign jagr so our hemsky market gets bigger

CornKicker is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:30 AM
  #158
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Jagr is the hold up IMO. Gagner they have to have a ballpark figure +/- 1mil. But Jagr being the best RW available for free has to be stopping teams from pulling the trigger on Hemsky IMO.
Hemsky has to be part of it too, but they've said that they're not opposed to him playing here next year either.

If Gagner signs the Oil can go after their 3LW, maybe getting Prospal or Mueller once they know how much they can spend is what I think. I'd be leaning more towards Prospal given his history with Howson in CB.

Groucho is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:30 AM
  #159
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,547
vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
we should be a holes and sign jagr so our hemsky market gets bigger
Lol, that would be assume. If I were the top team in the Jagr market I'd use the media to my advantage and start some crap about pursuing Hemmer.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:32 AM
  #160
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,547
vCash: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Hemsky has to be part of it too, but they've said that they're not opposed to him playing here next year either.

If Gagner signs the Oil can go after their 3LW, maybe getting Prospal or Mueller once they know how much they can spend is what I think. I'd be leaning more towards Prospal given his history with Howson in CB.
I really don't see how we can't sign a 3LW anyway. Not like they will be getting a huge deal at this point. Prospal and Mueller are both guys that are 1-2 years.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:35 AM
  #161
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 500
I'd sign Jagr to be a 3LW, don't think he'd be interested in the price tag though.

Jagr-Gordon-Hemsky would be a nice line

Groucho is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:41 AM
  #162
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY
 
Uncle Grouchy Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 881
vCash: 500
I would suggest Jagr is a pipe dream, much like 99.8% of the trade 'proposals' here.. I also love how Jonesuu is a guy playing for a spot when nobodies even heard of him..

Uncle Grouchy Smurf is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:45 AM
  #163
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,092
vCash: 500
would Hemsly - Gordon - Penner work ar a 3rd line?

all three are used to playing tough minutes. Not physical but all have underated defensive games. very smart veteran third line

Mr Sakich is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:45 AM
  #164
MrCaptain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
we should be a holes and sign jagr so our hemsky market gets bigger
It would be worth it just to prevent him from scorin against us. But his stats would take a dip from not having any games vs. us.

MrCaptain is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:53 AM
  #165
RisingSun
Punky's Whips
 
RisingSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 50
Prospal would be a solid signing for our third line. Say we keep Hemsky.

Prospal - Gordon - Hemsky

Boom. Third scoring line, with some defensive responsibility and some size.

RisingSun is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:54 AM
  #166
Oilception
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St. Albert
Country: Canada
Posts: 861
vCash: 50
On the Main board they are talking about Brian Boyle and it would cost about a second

Would you trade the 2015 2nd for Brian Boyle?

Oilception is online now  
Old
07-12-2013, 11:55 AM
  #167
jsho
Registered User
 
jsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
would Hemsly - Gordon - Penner work ar a 3rd line?

all three are used to playing tough minutes. Not physical but all have underated defensive games. very smart veteran third line
Well...he would give us some swagger we've never had on that line.


jsho is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 12:00 PM
  #168
HeavyHitter99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
I'd take a look at Prospal. only player in history to lead his team in scoring then be unsigned next year
One of the most underrated players in the league and I don't care what anyone says

HeavyHitter99 is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 12:02 PM
  #169
RisingSun
Punky's Whips
 
RisingSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilception View Post
On the Main board they are talking about Brian Boyle and it would cost about a second

Would you trade the 2015 2nd for Brian Boyle?
I like Boyle but his last season was just bad. I wonder why.

RisingSun is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 12:03 PM
  #170
OilDrop37
Registered User
 
OilDrop37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Up North
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,077
vCash: 1725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilception View Post
On the Main board they are talking about Brian Boyle and it would cost about a second

Would you trade the 2015 2nd for Brian Boyle?
Absolutely.

Maybe Lander straight across?

OilDrop37 is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 12:05 PM
  #171
RisingSun
Punky's Whips
 
RisingSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 50
Sign Prospal
Trade 2015 2th + Pitlick for Brian Boyle.


Prospal - Gordon - Hemsky
Joensuu - Boyle - Jones

Not bad...

RisingSun is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 12:05 PM
  #172
ToeDrag83
Down, Not Out
 
ToeDrag83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oil Country
Posts: 1,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Prospal would be a solid signing for our third line. Say we keep Hemsky.

Prospal - Gordon - Hemsky

Boom. Third scoring line, with some defensive responsibility and some size.
The skills brought with that line remind me of the younger Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky. Hemsky still has the skill, Prospal has more legs than Smyth, and Gordon can provide defensive strength down the middle like Horc.

Another plus is that Prospal is fairly conscious defensively if I'm not mistaken, so Gordon will not be overwhelmed. Very balanced 3rd line, count me in on the Prospal train.

ToeDrag83 is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 12:05 PM
  #173
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
He shouldn't, but he probably will. My guess is $5M per over 5 years. Which is pretty on par with what second liner Cs are getting now. Plus he's giving up UFA years. With the cap going up $5M is fair and his contract would still be easily tradable if we manage to ever find a more suitable C
this is very likely the deal that he signs... it's an overpay of 500k IMO, but i think that is what he'll end up signing... maybe 1 year longer for 250k less, or one year less for 250k more, but it will end up being in that range

jadeddog is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 12:05 PM
  #174
HeavyHitter99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
I like Boyle but his last season was just bad. I wonder why.
He bounced back with a better playoffs though

HeavyHitter99 is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 12:06 PM
  #175
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
Since we have Petry, Smid, and SHultlz as right side defence, we have an option to trade one as part of an upgrade. I like petry and think he is improving, Shultz has little vlaue, so the obvious option is Smid

If we retained 1/2 of his salary, he become a very valuable trade chip. I think Philly might trade Coburn straight up for Smid under those conditions.

Petry - Coburn
Ferrence - J Shultlz
Belov - N Shutlz
why would we need to retain any of smids salary? he is signed to a VERY friendly cap-hit contract.... smids contract is likely the best non-entry value contract we have actually

jadeddog is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.