HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Beer Thread II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-14-2012, 11:06 PM
  #201
KingNothing4
Registered User
 
KingNothing4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Basement of Staples
Country: United States
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
I'm going to San Diego this weekend and I'm looking for some recommendations on a brewery to visit. Looks like there are quite a few in the area and my first choice would probably be stone, however its about an hour away from the hotel and I'd like to find something no further than about 30 minutes out.

Do you guys know of any worth visiting in that proximity? I believe I'm staying at the Hilton. Also, any restaurant/bar recommendations in that area?

Thanks!
Stone Brewery in Escondido had a fun tour when I took it 4 years ago. The guy was cool and was pretty passionate about his beer. He even mentioned some other micro breweries that he enjoyed nearby because you can't drink the same stuff all the time. I do enjoy their really hoppy, strong beers, too. At the the end of the tour they mentioned that you are only allowed two samples (some sort of law or regulation I believe), but they said it was up to you to keep track. I got to sample everything they had to sample, fun time.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM
  #202
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,030
vCash: 500
The Sierra Nevada Tumbler Autumn Ale is really good. Think...better Newcastle.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 02:24 PM
  #203
karapaks
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Hi,

Ths chokeberry brandy sound soo yummy! Any chance you still know where to get it or even better how to make it?

Thx,
RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Well my imbibing friends, today being one of the days that I drink out of the year firstly I would like to say cheers to you all!

Secondly I have had two pilsner and one honey lager that had generational hops? Who knows but as someone who tends to like fruit flavored girlie drinks I enjoyed each of these beers. One is called Fingerlings Ale and the other two were called Verboten Brau which I thought was kind of a funny name.

Other than that my good old home made chokeberry brandy which I would share with each of you given the opportunity. It is just so perfectly balanced. I am heathen so I serve it in a 50/50 mix of soda water and it tastes like a chokeberry Italian soda sort of. Don't care, its really good and always makes everyone who drinks it smile and have a happy time.


So here is to you all each and every one of us! God bless us Kings fans tonight and for the rest of the year!

karapaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 03:01 PM
  #204
kings11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
HOPPY POPPY is a damn good beer to try if you love beer

kings11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 03:27 PM
  #205
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,704
vCash: 500

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 04:02 PM
  #206
Maynard
Registered User
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Not a beer expert but I'm absolutely loving Orange Wheat by Hangar 24. The brewery is in Redlands.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 02:19 PM
  #207
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Youngs double chocolate stout at BevMo.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 02:28 PM
  #208
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,878
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
That's a damn good beer

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 02:54 PM
  #209
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
That's a damn good beer
The best.

So happy they've finally gone national with distribution. Best thing that's happened to beer since Leinekuegal's being bought by Miller. Can finally get it most places I go for a decent price, instead of insanely high prices when not on the east coast.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 03:04 PM
  #210
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,878
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
The best.

So happy they've finally gone national with distribution. Best thing that's happened to beer since Leinekuegal's being bought by Miller. Can finally get it most places I go for a decent price, instead of insanely high prices when not on the east coast.
Where do you live? I am not buying these Antarctica shenanigans for another minute

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 04:58 PM
  #211
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Where do you live? I am not buying these Antarctica shenanigans for another minute
Minnesota... So basically Antarctica 4 months of the year.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:11 AM
  #212
Jonteeh
Registered User
 
Jonteeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Corona.. Probably the best beer in the world..

Jonteeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 02:54 AM
  #213
Roxo
Registered User
 
Roxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNothing4 View Post
Anyone having some of these? Bud Light isn't good beer to me, but a beer with Kings SC logos is pretty awesome.

OMG I missed the boat on that. they did'nt sell those here in hawaii. WreTF did you get that! Even if its just frat boy beer, I want one, you lucky sob!

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 12:34 PM
  #214
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Wells banana bread beer. Best beer I've ever had. At bevmo.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:49 PM
  #215
ElKingsFan92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hollywood/Lakewood
Country: United States
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Hey, so I was thinking about going to BevMo tomorrow and picking up a 6-pack for the weekend. I was thinking about getting the Paulaner Hefeweizen, but before I fully commit to it, do you guys have any other suggestions that may sway me away from the Paulaner?

ElKingsFan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 10:51 PM
  #216
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKingsFan92 View Post
Hey, so I was thinking about going to BevMo tomorrow and picking up a 6-pack for the weekend. I was thinking about getting the Paulaner Hefeweizen, but before I fully commit to it, do you guys have any other suggestions that may sway me away from the Paulaner?
Youngs double chocolate stout. It'll change your life.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 11:32 PM
  #217
TheContinental
Registered User
 
TheContinental's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 65
vCash: 50
Bard's. tastes like real beer. And they sent me a free tshirt

TheContinental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 07:33 AM
  #218
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
Wells banana bread beer. Best beer I've ever had. At bevmo.
Quote:
Youngs double chocolate stout. It'll change your life.
You've had them both. But have you had them both together in the same glass? It's a religious experience...

Found this in the Magic Hat summer sampler;

Hibiscus and cucumber ale... Mind blowingly good!

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 05:27 PM
  #219
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,704
vCash: 500
Angel City Brewing east LA... anyone been? How about Beachwood Brewery in Long Beach? I'll probably go to Beachwood eventually but just curious if anyone has any feedback.

Mammoth Lakes brewing makes some of the best beer I've ever had. If you are ever in Mammoth Lakes, stop by and do tasting. The only place that sells it in So Cal right now is High Times in Costa Mesa.



Speaking of Magic Hat.. Magic Hat #9 - bought that on a whim a few months back. It was pretty good. I see it at bars all the time now. I'll have to check for that hibiscus/cucumber beer.

I've been sampling a lot of the $2 22 ounce beers at Trader Joes lately. Some of them are pretty good but I can't think of their names off hand.

I had one of these guys last night and it was real good:



These guys too:


Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 05:31 PM
  #220
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,704
vCash: 500
Anybody drink Whisky/Whiskey? I've been on a long Whisky journey for a few years now. I started with single malt scotch, then blended scotch, then Rye and now Bourbon. I really like Bourbon but I'm still trying to find my favorite. So far my favorite is Woodford Reserve. That stuff is delicious. Now that I've been drinking bourbon and what not, Scotch tastes less flavorful. I'm not sure why but maybe I should start drinking it neat to really enjoy it.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 12:15 AM
  #221
TheContinental
Registered User
 
TheContinental's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 65
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Angel City Brewing east LA... anyone been? How about Beachwood Brewery in Long Beach? I'll probably go to Beachwood eventually but just curious if anyone has any feedback.

Mammoth Lakes brewing makes some of the best beer I've ever had. If you are ever in Mammoth Lakes, stop by and do tasting. The only place that sells it in So Cal right now is High Times in Costa Mesa.



Speaking of Magic Hat.. Magic Hat #9 - bought that on a whim a few months back. It was pretty good. I see it at bars all the time now. I'll have to check for that hibiscus/cucumber beer.

I've been sampling a lot of the $2 22 ounce beers at Trader Joes lately. Some of them are pretty good but I can't think of their names off hand.

I had one of these guys last night and it was real good:



These guys too:

Why have I not heard of this 2$ TJ 22oz deal before? Is it all TJs?

Not been to Angel City but heard good feedback. Also Golden Road up the 5 fwy. Nearer to Angel City is Wurstkuche -- beer and sausage, belgian fries. Winner. Plus, La Chouffe on tap.

TheContinental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:02 AM
  #222
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 9,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheContinental View Post
Why have I not heard of this 2$ TJ 22oz deal before? Is it all TJs?

Not been to Angel City but heard good feedback. Also Golden Road up the 5 fwy. Nearer to Angel City is Wurstkuche -- beer and sausage, belgian fries. Winner. Plus, La Chouffe on tap.
I've heard of that german place too but never been. I used to work in DTLA and the bars is what I miss most.

Mission Street and Boatswain or the Label names but they both make a variety of brown ales, ipa's and hefeweizens. They all cost $2 for a 22 ouncer bottle or $6 a 6-pack I believe. This top picture has some of the other beers at trader joes. For $3.50 a 6-pack, I like to stock my fridge up with Simpler Times and Name Tag. That's cheaper than Coors/Budweiser.





Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 12:05 PM
  #223
TheContinental
Registered User
 
TheContinental's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 65
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Mission Street and Boatswain or the Label names but they both make a variety of brown ales, ipa's and hefeweizens. They all cost $2 for a 22 ouncer bottle or $6 a 6-pack I believe. This top picture has some of the other beers at trader joes. For $3.50 a 6-pack, I like to stock my fridge up with Simpler Times and Name Tag. That's cheaper than Coors/Budweiser.
Ah yes Boatswain. had that one before. Not bad for 2$/22oz. Must stock up.

TheContinental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 03:05 PM
  #224
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,878
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheContinental View Post
Ah yes Boatswain. had that one before. Not bad for 2$/22oz. Must stock up.
The mission anniversary ale for $3 a 22 was a steal too

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 01:59 PM
  #225
TheContinental
Registered User
 
TheContinental's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 65
vCash: 50
No beer posts in over a week? Doesn't anybody like beer anymore?

TheContinental is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.