HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

I just picked up NHL 13 and i am totally lost

Old
07-09-2013, 02:24 PM
RtooDtu

vCash: 500
I just picked up NHL 13 and i am totally lost

I haven't really used my PS3 for over 2yrs (school and crap) so i decided to start playing it again and picked up NHL 13 last night. I never played a NHL game in my life and i am totally lost.

I have done all the tutorials and i am still totally lost. Not really able to score goals. I cant defend what so ever. Game is very confusing.

As for Be a GM. I am having a ton of fun with this. Making terrible trades and just goofing around trying to figure things out. As a Leaf fan I want to throw Reilly into the lineup but I have no idea how. Can anyone help me out here?

I also tried Youtube'ing some help, and i've had some help but not a lot. This game is very overwhelming!!! BE A GM is so detailed. Playing the game is so complex. Having some fun playing and I hope to get the hang of it pretty soon.

RtooDtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 02:26 PM
n00bxQb

It's not a game you pick up and master right away. Keep playing and you'll get better.

I wouldn't even touch online until you can consistently win on All-Star/Normal (or higher) difficulty against the CPU.

In terms of difficulty:
Rookie < Pro < All-Star < Superstar
Casual < Default < Normal < Hardcore

I would skip Rookie and Casual altogether as they just teach you bad habits. Start with Pro/Default. Once you feel you're ready for a bigger challenge, move to Pro/Normal then to All-Star/Default and, finally, on to All-Star/Normal. All-Star/Normal is the standard online setting.

I would avoid Superstar and/or Hardcore until after you've mastered All-Star/Normal.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Ilya Bryzastor

Keep playing online games , watch and learn how to the other people play , learn from the losses. Cycle the puck a lot on powerplays , slap shot/clear the zone when on the Penalty kill , to play defense , only go for the hit if you are 100 percent sure you can take you're man , if not then stay square with the forward and use you're stick , you are going to lose a lot of game at first , don't worry it is part of the learning curve , just gut it out and you should have some skill in a week.

Ilya Bryzastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:51 AM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
It's not a game you pick up and master right away. Keep playing and you'll get better.

I wouldn't even touch online until you can consistently win on All-Star/Normal (or higher) difficulty against the CPU.

In terms of difficulty:
Rookie < Pro < All-Star < Superstar
Casual < Default < Normal < Hardcore

I would skip Rookie and Casual altogether as they just teach you bad habits. Start with Pro/Default. Once you feel you're ready for a bigger challenge, move to Pro/Normal then to All-Star/Default and, finally, on to All-Star/Normal. All-Star/Normal is the standard online setting.

I would avoid Superstar and/or Hardcore until after you've mastered All-Star/Normal.
I would disagree, I think playing online is the best teacher.

Who cares if you lose every game?

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 11:10 AM
skacore

I think if you want Reilly in your line up you have to go to GM options -> roster moves and move him up on your roster during the pre-season. I could be wrong but I think that's what you do

skacore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Go to the creation zone and edit all the players (attributes) on your favourite team to meet the standards you think they should be at.. and if you want Reilly on your team, I especially suggest editing his attributes beforehand.

What I always do before I play online in any NHL game is go into "Be a Pro" and unlock all the necessary boosts and boost slots. Otherwise, you'll go into a game (especially when it's nearly a year old) and get destroyed, completely suck, and more than likely get frustrated because you can't do anything you want.

At the end of the day, just play the game and you'll get better and the most important piece of advice I can give you is to go into a team practise mode and screw around with a custom camera setting, until you find one that you like. You won't be able to get anything accomplished online with the 'Be a Pro' camera setting. Tunnel vision.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 10:54 PM
travhave

To call up Morgan Reilly, you need to go to GM Options>Roster Moves>then move down to the minor league section, and click on him to call him up. I'm not sure if he's in the minors for TOR yet or if he's an unsigned pick. If he's unsigned you need to sign him during the off-season.

It's a kind of game where the more you play the better you get. Things will seem frustrating at first and will be hard to score. Just keep at it.

travhave is offline   Reply With Quote