HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mikhail Grabovski [MOD Warning Post #17]

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2013, 04:21 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
Hanifin or Marner ❤

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
He's so NJ bound.
yep.

Old
07-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Pyrophorus

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Depends on who you talk to. With the heavy need of second line C, it would be puzzling he's receiving no interest if he actually was one..

Look... Good player who was forced to play up in Toronto. He did ok in those roles but nothing special. The only reason he wasnt a 3rd line C the last few years is pretty simple. Those teams had no other real option.
Didn't he just fail as a 3rd line C?

Old
07-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Velo

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc View Post
The Devils need a scoring winger, not another center.
They got Ryder. But I think they'd be more interested in Jagr now than Grabovski, even if it's just a stopgap for a year.

Old
07-11-2013, 11:07 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rthstar View Post
Grabo is awesome, abit taken back by the fact that he hasnt been signed yet, puzzling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
The lack of interest is a tell what NHL GM's think of him.
He got married a week ago. He's on a honeymoon. Are you a teenager?

07-12-2013, 06:23 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He got married a week ago. He's on a honeymoon. Are you a teenager?
Ease up, guy. Not everyone know the personal life of an NHLer..

Old
07-12-2013, 10:43 PM
HenriquesJawLine

Yes please

Old
07-12-2013, 11:11 PM
CapsInsider
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
But the insider who says this has 3 posts
So if you post more you get more trusted? I'm not hear to spread false rumors or anything just am one of those people who know people that know stuff we don't due to me being Caps season ticket holder for many years reps I have had move up in the organization and I still keep in contact with him. That's all believe what you want I'm just posting what I hear from people that I trust you don't have to.

Old
07-13-2013, 01:21 AM
GoGoGrabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsInsider View Post
So if you post more you get more trusted? I'm not hear to spread false rumors or anything just am one of those people who know people that know stuff we don't due to me being Caps season ticket holder for many years reps I have had move up in the organization and I still keep in contact with him. That's all believe what you want I'm just posting what I hear from people that I trust you don't have to.

I also heard this as well. Also, not sure if it was reporter earlier in this thread or not but Ovie has been in contact with Grabo. No clue what it all means, but I heard the same thing you posted earlier through someone who is in the "know"

Old
07-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Ease up, guy. Not everyone know the personal life of an NHLer..
But the same post knows what every NHL GM is thinking?

Old
07-13-2013, 01:44 AM
N o o d l e s

I think Washington is a perfect fit for both parties. I could see NJ as well, but I think he's more of a need in Washington.

Old
07-13-2013, 06:34 AM
sommervr

Grabo needs to get signed, have a great year and shut up all his haters. Leaf boards are full of them and they are happy as pigs in ***** that we released our best center.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommervr View Post
Grabo needs to get signed, have a great year and shut up all his haters. Leaf boards are full of them and they are happy as pigs in ***** that we released our best center.
Best centers are not -10 in the playoffs, can only get 2 assists, and suck overall. The only time we noticed Grabovski this entire season was when he was making a mistake or getting hit hard.

His buyout was the best move the Leafs made besides acquiring Bolland for picks.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:09 AM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Best centers are not -10 in the playoffs, can only get 2 assists, and suck overall. The only time we noticed Grabovski this entire season was when he was making a mistake or getting hit hard.

His buyout was the best move the Leafs made besides acquiring Bolland for picks.
Why is it so many chose to not acknowledge the obvious? Grabo is a talented offensive top 6 center, and was thrusted in a checking role last year. Someone is going to get a pretty good hockey player when it is all said and done.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:13 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
Why is it so many chose to not acknowledge the obvious? Grabo is a talented offensive top 6 center, and was thrusted in a checking role last year. Someone is going to get a pretty good hockey player when it is all said and done.
Yes and if Marc Savard was still playing, Bergeron would have been the third line center. He's a talented top 6 center that can play on the third line and be good at it.

I just ask myself this question:

When and if the Leafs are Cup contenders, is Grabovski going to be a #2C for them?

The answer is no for Bozak and Grabovski. We got rid of one of them. I am happy.

The other will be shown the door sooner or later.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:27 AM
rocky7
Tell itlikeit Isn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRagingBolshevik View Post
Haha. Never heard of a 2A and a 2B line. Interesting. By no means though is Carolina a "perfect fit".
Roboturner is correct and because you haven't heard of a 2A/2B concept before doesn't mean it doesn't exist. are you aware of carolina's situation or needs? grabo does fit well. your opinion is fine but not worthy of a Haha imo.

Old
07-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
But the same post knows what every NHL GM is thinking?
yes, here on HFboards, posters know more then the actual GM's/NHL associates, and players.

This thread is getting ridiculous now lol HE JUST GOT MARRIED

Old
07-13-2013, 11:07 AM
hlaverty06

Honestly Don't see Grabo coming here unless he'll take a paycut and play for 3.5 million per year

then he may fit

Old
07-13-2013, 11:10 AM
HenriquesJawLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Honestly Don't see Grabo coming here unless he'll take a paycut and play for 3.5 million per year

then he may fit
Would be an interesting team with Grabo and Brunner

Elias - Grabovski - Ryder
Henrique - Zajac - Brunner
Clowe - Loktionov/Josefson - Zubrus
CBGB

Old
07-13-2013, 11:15 AM
gqmixmaster

Grabo should sign in Nashville

Old
07-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

Quote:
Yes and if Marc Savard was still playing, Bergeron would have been the third line center. He's a talented top 6 center that can play on the third line and be good at it.

I just ask myself this question:

When and if the Leafs are Cup contenders, is Grabovski going to be a #2C for them?

The answer is no for Bozak and Grabovski. We got rid of one of them. I am happy.

The other will be shown the door sooner or later.
Bergeron is one of the strongest defensive centres there is. Grabo is an offensive centre. Obviously Bergeron would do better in a bottom 6 roll than Grabo..

Old
07-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Mandelbaum View Post
Bergeron is one of the strongest defensive centres there is. Grabo is an offensive centre. Obviously Bergeron would do better in a bottom 6 roll than Grabo..
But the advanced stats nerds who slobber all over Grabo are the ones who are purposely ignoring the fact that Grabovski lost his 2nd line center gig because he was playing terribly in the role he was supposed to be good at.

Old
07-13-2013, 11:46 AM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

Quote:

Yep, saving 1.3M and keeping Bozak who averaged more mins under Carlyle was addition by subtraction.

Also the only other time we noticed Grabo was when he was doing his blind speedball in a tunnel routine.

Old
07-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Yep, saving 1.3M and keeping Bozak who averaged more mins under Carlyle was addition by subtraction.

Also the only other time we noticed Grabo was when he was doing his blind speedball in a tunnel routine.
so the Leafs have a ton of cap space right? why would they not give Grabo another yr cause we all know he has talent to score

Bolland in , Grabo out is not an offensive upgrade, Defensive sure

Kadri, Bozak are not good number 1 Cs, 2nd line maybe. Mclement is one of the best 4th though.

All in all I dont see how the Leafs got much better. Clarkson is overrated, sure he will bring physical play but he wont score a ton.

Bernier is the key

Old
07-13-2013, 11:58 AM
AuraSphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommervr View Post
, no one on the leafs board is happy... his contract was just too big, they saw it coming, it was bound to happen. I was depressed the whole day when he got bought out are you kidding lol

Old
07-13-2013, 12:28 PM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:

Hey its the +- guy again. Do you get tired of consistantly posting the same flawed stat over and over. We all know you hate the guy. Its the guys who do not like him that post the most. Sergei Kostitsyn, is that you?

Closed Thread