HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs - nj - col

Old
07-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Leafsforlife98

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
That would be very difficult to get done. But again Kadri isnt even close to getting you Larsson
Wow, I love the thought process of some people. Just cuz he is on ur team doesnt make him the next big thing. Larsson has talent and MAY be a top line defenceman in a few years, but at this point, he has done NOTHING to prove he is worth Kadri. If the trade was based around those 2, it would Larsson + for Kadri. Both are young, play a premium position, but one has proved he is a top notch player, one has not. So how is the player that HAS NOT proven he is top notch worth more then a guy who has???

I dont get it

Leafsforlife98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 11:20 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
I am embarassed to be an Avs fan right now.
To my fellow Avs fans: Stop proposing those nonsensical deals!

Stastny is a quickly declining 4th liner right now who brings nothing to the table, is way overpaid and will walk in UFA next summer anyways.
And you want Captain Phaneuf in return?? Please. Maybe for Duchene...

And the Leafs can't trade Dion under any circumstances anyway right now. With the trade for Bernier they are in great danger of losing April Reimer. After that possible blow they certainly can not afford to lose Elisha Cuthbert as well.
There would be riots..

Last edited by JoemAvs: 07-12-2013 at 11:30 PM.
JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 11:26 PM
AslanRH
Eternal Optimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post
Wow, I love the thought process of some people. Just cuz he is on ur team doesnt make him the next big thing. Larsson has talent and MAY be a top line defenceman in a few years, but at this point, he has done NOTHING to prove he is worth Kadri. If the trade was based around those 2, it would Larsson + for Kadri. Both are young, play a premium position, but one has proved he is a top notch player, one has not. So how is the player that HAS NOT proven he is top notch worth more then a guy who has???

I dont get it
a shortened season is proof Kadri is a top notch player?

He's played 99 career games and has only put up "top notch" numbers this year.

Neither guy has played enough games to prove anything yet. However, defensemen do take longer to develop, so I'd doubt NJ would swap 1 for 1 much less add anything to Larsson.

Old
07-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Diatomic
#FireCarlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
a shortened season is proof Kadri is a top notch player?

He's played 99 career games and has only put up "top notch" numbers this year.

Neither guy has played enough games to prove anything yet. However, defensemen do take longer to develop, so I'd doubt NJ would swap 1 for 1 much less add anything to Larsson.
No one is trading Kadri, the OP is braindead.

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 11:52 PM
AslanRH
Eternal Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsWantStanley View Post
No one is trading Kadri, the OP is braindead.
Nor will Larsson be moved, just trying to find where on the map the poster I quoted is coming from shakehead and all.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsforlife98 View Post

I dont get it
Just dropping by.

Pual Statsny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:06 AM
bobbyt911
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
Disaster is hitting the Devils at the perfect moment ...Brodeur Swan song in the season you give up the 1st rounder, then, Connor McDavid on a silver platter, unless Calgary doesnt improve.

you have the goalie of the future, you have the d-man (Larsson) of the future and the final core piece is 2 seasons away
McDavid's draft year is 2015 so stay the course Devils, he will be yours

bobbyt911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Kb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
This. Phaneuf is a #1 defensman. Stastny is overpaid, overrated, and a 3rd line center on most teams.
stastny is a 2nd line C on most teams and phaneuf is more of a #2/3.

Kb21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:36 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
I feel like Avs fans have united to undermind the Stastny bashing by starting the sterotypical comments...
What? Not at all. We just all finally have come to terms that Stastny is worthless and stating the reality of the situtation, Phaneuf is a #1 D that took his team to game 7 with the Bruins.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
Disagree. Stastny was the 3rd line center last year on the worst team in the league.

Phaneuf was the #1 defensman and 10th in Norris votes or something on a playoff team.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Symbol

Quote:
Disagree. Stastny was the 3rd line center last year on the worst team in the league.

Phaneuf was the #1 defensman and 10th in Norris votes or something on a playoff team.
It's funny cause your sarcasm is true... not sure what you're trying to prove here, but ok if it makes you feel clever then by all means continue

Last edited by Symbol: 07-13-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Symbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 06:00 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Stastny for Phaneuf is a pretty fair swap, it's mixed on both sides for a reason.

Interesting trade for NJ though, not sure either side does either of these. However the value seems fine.
Dion is far more important than Stastny. Like others have said, Stastny is no more than second line center who is grossly overpaid. Losing Dion would create a huge hole on our D.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbol View Post
It's funny cause your sarcasm is true... not sure what you're trying to prove here, but ok if it makes you feel clever then by all means continue
I know right, its funny because he thinks he's making leaf fans look stupid, but really....

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:29 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
Riddle me this, oh fighter of the dayman. What kind of 2nd line C scores 20 goals a year, is a strong faceoff guy, brings a strong two-way game, and managed to stay in the top 30 for Center scoring the two years before this shortened season, despite his most common winger being 4mil per year superstar Davey Jones? If that's not 4th liner/AHLer, then leafs fans have been lying to us.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Stastny for Phaneuf is a pretty fair swap, it's mixed on both sides for a reason.

Interesting trade for NJ though, not sure either side does either of these. However the value seems fine.
I love how you say this with a straight face as though Colorado can really get Phaneuf for Stastny..

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
I know right, its funny because he thinks he's making leaf fans look stupid, but really....
Stupid? No, not at all.

Old
07-13-2013, 09:38 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I love how you say this with a straight face as though Colorado can really get Phaneuf for Stastny..
For seriouslies. Avs would never trade Staz for Phaneuf.

Old
07-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

Quote:
Well if they could, they would have already.

Let's face it, Stastny is trouble. He's a proven loser with nothing to his name. On the other hand, Phaneuf is a consistent winner - he's lived up to his early career hype, has played for a middling playoff team or lottery winner almost every year, and is dating Elisha Cuthbert. Stastny? He's never won anything at any level. I don't even need to watch him to know he's terrible, I can just trust the founded opinions of the other teens on HFBoards.

Pual Statsny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
That's a terrible deal for the Leafs. I'd consider it if we were guaranteed to draft McDavid though.

Paul Stastny sucks. Not worth 6.6M.

1st line center that is 141st in scoring.

Even Bozak is better than that and we trash the guy to no end.

Pi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:40 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
For seriouslies. Avs would never trade Staz for Phaneuf.
The Leafs would never consider trading a legitimate #1 defenceman for a 60 point center either.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:44 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
The Leafs would never consider trading a legitimate #1 defenceman for a 60 point center either.
Good, so start spreading the word around Toronto. Let the Avs keep their C's cause y'all ain't offering up **** that the Avs would want more. And maybe we won't get leafs fans making multiple proposals for our C's every damn week.

Old
07-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbol View Post
I think you misunderstand me.

Stastny IS declining, IS overpaid, and at this point is a #3 center on most teams in the league. He is probably worthy of the type of contract Bozak has. We would be lucky to get the same type of return Derek Roy did(late 2nd, mediocre prospect) It's looking more and more like we will have to move Stastny at some point, and that we we will have to accept any offer we get. I'm actually not sure if he even has value any more if Grabovski got bought out.

It's time for Avs fans to realize Stastny isn't that good.

Old
07-13-2013, 09:45 AM
tucker3434

Quote:
Stasny's a bum! Doesn't deserve to lick the ice off Phaneuf's skates!

tucker3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

The Stastny love-in is getting pretty sickening at this point. Phaneuf for a glorified 3rd line center at this point in his career? Come on.

Leafs don't do the first one either. We don't exactly have the best depth at Center to deal away our most talented one.

07-13-2013, 10:09 AM
pdd

Quote:
He spent most of the year on the second line IIRC?

Also, Joe Pavelski is a third line center. Would you trade Phaneuf for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgeduck View Post
Well if they could, they would have already.

Let's face it, Stastny is trouble. He's a proven loser with nothing to his name. On the other hand, Phaneuf is a consistent winner - he's lived up to his early career hype, has played for a middling playoff team or lottery winner almost every year, and is dating Elisha Cuthbert.
No he's not. Also, being a "winner" doesn't mean constantly missing or almost missing the playoffs, and often not being the best player on your team when you do, then finally pitching a fit and giving up and getting traded (when you lose your #1 job) for a FAIR return (Phaneuf+decent prospect+enforcer for young top-line two-way center, top-four defenseman, middle-six winger, and enforcer) into what turned out the be the exact same situation. Sounds more like being a whiny *****, if you ask me. Look out Leafs Fans; if Franson or Gardiner overtakes Phaneuf, he'll start sulking and "need" to be traded.

Quote:
Stastny? He's never won anything at any level. I don't even need to watch him to know he's terrible, I can just trust the founded opinions of the other teens on HFBoards.
What have Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, or Claude Giroux won? Would you trade Phaneuf for one of them?

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote