HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

EDM and CLB

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2013, 06:16 AM
  #1
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,256
vCash: 515
EDM and CLB

Ok. This is based on me knowing Hemsky and Perron are both roving wingers. Hemsky worked best with Samsonov --who was a roving winger-- and hasnt had a real chemistry with any other player before or since. I catch 15-20 STL games a year and feel the same about Perron. He likes to roam and stick handle and normally ends up boxing himself to limited options. I think they might work well together, having seen Sammy and Hemmer click instantly.
So as much as i would have loved to have sold Hemmer and gotten out of the circle and give away game... since we picked up Perron id love to see if they mesh. Which means I need to trade Gags AND get a centre back. We have no shortage of offense so we can drop the offensive upside of incoming C who isnt over his head in a top 6 role... i just need a dependable C in draws and a physical winger.

I propose

TO CLB
Gagner


TO EDM
Dubinsky
Foligno


I am also keeping in mind CLB acquired Horton and being a big Bs fan I think if Gags ever was his pivot, Horton would make Gags better and in return feed perfect passes to Horts.
close?

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 06:59 AM
  #2
ZeroPT*
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Ok. This is based on me knowing Hemsky and Perron are both roving wingers. Hemsky worked best with Samsonov --who was a roving winger-- and hasnt had a real chemistry with any other player before or since. I catch 15-20 STL games a year and feel the same about Perron. He likes to roam and stick handle and normally ends up boxing himself to limited options. I think they might work well together, having seen Sammy and Hemmer click instantly.
So as much as i would have loved to have sold Hemmer and gotten out of the circle and give away game... since we picked up Perron id love to see if they mesh. Which means I need to trade Gags AND get a centre back. We have no shortage of offense so we can drop the offensive upside of incoming C who isnt over his head in a top 6 role... i just need a dependable C in draws and a physical winger.

I propose

TO CLB
Gagner


TO EDM
Dubinsky
Foligno


I am also keeping in mind CLB acquired Horton and being a big Bs fan I think if Gags ever was his pivot, Horton would make Gags better and in return feed perfect passes to Horts.
close?
Alot more will have to be going the other way for this to happen. CBJ is getting fleeced

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 07:22 AM
  #3
nzoilerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 744
vCash: 500
Ummm yea we would have to add quite a bit to Gagner to make this deal. I like it as a start though.

CBJ used to be rumoured to be interested in Hemsky. Would they take him at 2.5m along with say a 3rd then a conditional 2014 3rd if he doesn't resign

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 07:52 AM
  #4
TaketheCannoli
RIP
 
TaketheCannoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 9,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Ummm yea we would have to add quite a bit to Gagner to make this deal. I like it as a start though.

CBJ used to be rumoured to be interested in Hemsky. Would they take him at 2.5m along with say a 3rd then a conditional 2014 3rd if he doesn't resign

No

I suggest everyone go back to the drawing board. The OP made a trade from the Oilers perspective with barely a cursory glance at Columbus's needs. Additionally, while no one is untouchable Dubinsky is a team leader who is as likely as anyone to be named captain.

Putting Hemsky in the deal just makes it worse. Edmonton fans have been trying to ship Hemsky to Columbus for years. I think this started because supposedly Scott Howson just loves Hemsky's game. If so, then everything is right with Hemsky because Howson is back with the Oilers. A match made in heaven (or hell.)

Columbus needs a young scoring left wing. Center is a position of strength.

Edmonton needs leadership and grit.

Try again

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 08:22 AM
  #5
Matt Foley
Meh
 
Matt Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Meh Meh
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
Edmonton needs leadership and grit.
Some decent defensemen and an upgrade in goal wouldn't hurt, either.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 08:25 AM
  #6
Turrican*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Some decent defensemen and an upgrade in goal wouldn't hurt, either.
What's wrong with Dubnyks stats?

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 08:50 AM
  #7
Matt Foley
Meh
 
Matt Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Meh Meh
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
What's wrong with Dubnyks stats?
Nothing - I just don't believe that he's the guy that will take your team to the next level. Just my opinion - if I'm wrong, so be it.

Leadership, grit and better defense are higher priorities for the Oil, though.

Otherwise...

Agreed re: Cannoli's point about the Jackets needing a winger (with grit, preferably) more than a center.

Also, can the ideas of Hemsky to Columbus please stop? Howson is no longer GM of the Jackets, which Oiler fans of all people should realize by now.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:28 AM
  #8
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Ok. This is based on me knowing Hemsky and Perron are both roving wingers. Hemsky worked best with Samsonov --who was a roving winger-- and hasnt had a real chemistry with any other player before or since. I catch 15-20 STL games a year and feel the same about Perron. He likes to roam and stick handle and normally ends up boxing himself to limited options. I think they might work well together, having seen Sammy and Hemmer click instantly.
So as much as i would have loved to have sold Hemmer and gotten out of the circle and give away game... since we picked up Perron id love to see if they mesh. Which means I need to trade Gags AND get a centre back. We have no shortage of offense so we can drop the offensive upside of incoming C who isnt over his head in a top 6 role... i just need a dependable C in draws and a physical winger.

I propose

TO CLB
Gagner


TO EDM
Dubinsky
Foligno


I am also keeping in mind CLB acquired Horton and being a big Bs fan I think if Gags ever was his pivot, Horton would make Gags better and in return feed perfect passes to Horts.
close?
You only move guys like Dubinsky and Foligno in that type of package if you're getting a game changer. Like I could've seen that package go for Gaborik let's say.

Now, Gagner is extremely underrated on these boards. The guy is still only 23 and accomplished more in the NHL than the majority of 23 year old young players discussed around here. That said though, he's going to be tough to move right now to get what the Oilers need in return. They'll need another C for sure.

So you look at the teams that have that or a top pairing D for sale and there's just not many out there. StL would've been a great fit until they signed Roy. Dallas might still be a good fit. Depends if they are convinced Seguin can play C or not. Maybe the Islanders would like more now than later and peddle Nelson (although I wouldnt) and Matt Martin or the rights to Ullstrom.. It would have to be a trade like that at this point. Fair value but teams that just might be looking for a different element.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:31 AM
  #9
pete goegan
Registered User
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 12,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
CBJ used to be rumoured to be interested in Hemsky. Would they take him at 2.5m along with say a 3rd then a conditional 2014 3rd if he doesn't resign
There has never, ever, been a trade proposal regarding Hemsky to Columbus started by a CBJ fan. Fine player, and all, but not what the Jackets need or want, he just does not fit with what is being built in Columbus by Davidson and Kelelainen. As for the original proposal, both Dubinsky and Foligno are highly valued by the CBJ for their attitudes, work ethic, and toughness. Both were a bit disappointing on offense this past season, but a rebound is expected (hoped?) for both. Center is not a position of need, at the moment, so Gagner doesn't make much sense.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:32 AM
  #10
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
The Oil should trade for Nikitin from the CBJ. Him and Belov were combined on the top pair in Omsk during the lock-out.
Won't trade neither Foligno nor Duby for Gagner.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:35 AM
  #11
pete goegan
Registered User
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 12,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
The Oil should trade for Nikitin from the CBJ. Him and Belov were combined on the top pair in Omsk during the lock-out.
Won't trade neither Foligno nor Duby for Gagner.
Nikitin could be available, bizzz, who would you think the Jackets would want from EDM for him?

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:48 AM
  #12
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Nikitin could be available, bizzz, who would you think the Jackets would want from EDM for him?
I'm not good at making trade proposals. But Nikitin is UFA next summer, so I don't think he could fetch high value from Edmonton. I don't think the Jackets need Hemsky or Gagner, they just don't fit the new team's identity. So I guess it could be for picks or prospects.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:53 AM
  #13
55
Registered User
 
55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,127
vCash: 500
Do the Jackets need another RW? Wouldn't Hemsky be going from a situation where he's stuck as the 3rd line RW (and not suitable for 3rd line duties) to another? Columbus has Gaborik and Horton, both of whom are probably above Hemsky on the depth chart.

55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:10 AM
  #14
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Do the Jackets need another RW? Wouldn't Hemsky be going from a situation where he's stuck as the 3rd line RW (and not suitable for 3rd line duties) to another? Columbus has Gaborik and Horton, both of whom are probably above Hemsky on the depth chart.
You've answered your question.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:35 AM
  #15
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
No

I suggest everyone go back to the drawing board. The OP made a trade from the Oilers perspective with barely a cursory glance at Columbus's needs. Additionally, while no one is untouchable Dubinsky is a team leader who is as likely as anyone to be named captain.

Putting Hemsky in the deal just makes it worse. Edmonton fans have been trying to ship Hemsky to Columbus for years. I think this started because supposedly Scott Howson just loves Hemsky's game. If so, then everything is right with Hemsky because Howson is back with the Oilers. A match made in heaven (or hell.)

Columbus needs a young scoring left wing. Center is a position of strength.

Edmonton needs leadership and grit.

Try again
The last five years on these boards, summed up in one post.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:37 AM
  #16
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 20,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Do the Jackets need another RW? Wouldn't Hemsky be going from a situation where he's stuck as the 3rd line RW (and not suitable for 3rd line duties) to another? Columbus has Gaborik and Horton, both of whom are probably above Hemsky on the depth chart.
You are correct, I think. If, that is, your point is "The Jackets do not want Ales Hemsky. Stop bringing him up in propsals that involve the CBJ."

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:19 AM
  #17
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 27,009
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I have to admit, as soon as I saw the name "Hemsky" be the first player mentioned I was shaking my head and saying "this will not end well"...

* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
I'm not good at making trade proposals. But Nikitin is UFA next summer, so I don't think he could fetch high value from Edmonton. I don't think the Jackets need Hemsky or Gagner, they just don't fit the new team's identity. So I guess it could be for picks or prospects.
...and if we trade Nikitin, I want an NHLer. Preferably a LW.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Down With Dr. Evil - Fire Kekalainen.
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:24 AM
  #18
55
Registered User
 
55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
You are correct, I think. If, that is, your point is "The Jackets do not want Ales Hemsky. Stop bringing him up in propsals that involve the CBJ."
Honestly, I just saw the Hemsky stuff at the top of the thread and thought the proposal was for Hemsky to CBJ. Probably because I've seen that proposed about a million times on here.

55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:29 AM
  #19
McSuper
5-14-6-1
 
McSuper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Ok. This is based on me knowing Hemsky and Perron are both roving wingers. Hemsky worked best with Samsonov --who was a roving winger-- and hasnt had a real chemistry with any other player before or since. I catch 15-20 STL games a year and feel the same about Perron. He likes to roam and stick handle and normally ends up boxing himself to limited options. I think they might work well together, having seen Sammy and Hemmer click instantly.
So as much as i would have loved to have sold Hemmer and gotten out of the circle and give away game... since we picked up Perron id love to see if they mesh. Which means I need to trade Gags AND get a centre back. We have no shortage of offense so we can drop the offensive upside of incoming C who isnt over his head in a top 6 role... i just need a dependable C in draws and a physical winger.

I propose

TO CLB
Gagner


TO EDM
Dubinsky
Foligno


I am also keeping in mind CLB acquired Horton and being a big Bs fan I think if Gags ever was his pivot, Horton would make Gags better and in return feed perfect passes to Horts.
close?
Funny i was going to post this trade . Only thing it was going to be a one for one deal Gags for Dubinsky . I think is fair Gags is better on offence . Dubinsky is bigger better on the D side of things . I think it would be a good trade for both teams . I am not sure how CBJ feels as i do not watch them enough to know their needs .

McSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:52 AM
  #20
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 9,012
vCash: 500
If it hasn't already been stated...

NO from a CBJ perspective. Dubinsky and Gagner are similar (if not equal) in value so why would they add Foligno?

It's essentially a 2nd line center and a 2nd line winger for a 2nd line center. That's terrible value.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:39 PM
  #21
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 27,009
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Funny i was going to post this trade . Only thing it was going to be a one for one deal Gags for Dubinsky . I think is fair Gags is better on offence . Dubinsky is bigger better on the D side of things . I think it would be a good trade for both teams . I am not sure how CBJ feels as i do not watch them enough to know their needs .
Gagner is of some small interest - additional scoring skill is generally always welcome. Giving up Dubinsky is very much against our interests - he's arguably our best defensive forward and one of the frontrunners for the C. So... not really.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:12 PM
  #22
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Sorry, but the Oilers don't need to add anything more in this deal. Foligno at best will be a 30 point, checking center. Dubinsky more often than not is a fat, out of shape slob who goes into 20-30 game stretches where he does squat. IMO, he has little desire to be a very good NHL player. Gagne is by far the best player in this deal. He's also the youngest player in this deal. If I was the Jackets, I would make this deal in a second. Considering the amount of picks they had this year, you can easily find a Foligno in the draft. So basically it's Gagne for Dubinsky which is a clear win for the Jackets.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:35 PM
  #23
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 9,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
Sorry, but the Oilers don't need to add anything more in this deal. Foligno at best will be a 30 point, checking center. Dubinsky more often than not is a fat, out of shape slob who goes into 20-30 game stretches where he does squat. IMO, he has little desire to be a very good NHL player. Gagne is by far the best player in this deal. He's also the youngest player in this deal. If I was the Jackets, I would make this deal in a second. Considering the amount of picks they had this year, you can easily find a Foligno in the draft. So basically it's Gagne for Dubinsky which is a clear win for the Jackets.
1. Foligno doesn't play center. He's a winger.
2. He has already surpassed 30 points last year when he got 47.
3. Dubinsky is actually in very good physical shape.
4. It's Gagner not Gagne.

You basically are wrong on every point except for stating that Gagner is the youngest player in the deal. I would recommend learning a bit more about the players and lurking the forum before posting more comments.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:47 PM
  #24
HeavyMcHitter97
Registered User
 
HeavyMcHitter97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
Sorry, but the Oilers don't need to add anything more in this deal. Foligno at best will be a 30 point, checking center. Dubinsky more often than not is a fat, out of shape slob who goes into 20-30 game stretches where he does squat. IMO, he has little desire to be a very good NHL player. Gagne is by far the best player in this deal. He's also the youngest player in this deal. If I was the Jackets, I would make this deal in a second. Considering the amount of picks they had this year, you can easily find a Foligno in the draft. So basically it's Gagne for Dubinsky which is a clear win for the Jackets.
Everything about this is wrong and that's coming from an Oiler fan. We need to add to Gagner here easily.

HeavyMcHitter97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:49 PM
  #25
stevo61
Registered User
 
stevo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
Sorry, but the Oilers don't need to add anything more in this deal. Foligno at best will be a 30 point, checking center. Dubinsky more often than not is a fat, out of shape slob who goes into 20-30 game stretches where he does squat. IMO, he has little desire to be a very good NHL player. Gagne is by far the best player in this deal. He's also the youngest player in this deal. If I was the Jackets, I would make this deal in a second. Considering the amount of picks they had this year, you can easily find a Foligno in the draft. So basically it's Gagne for Dubinsky which is a clear win for the Jackets.
We'll just take our chances with our fat slob and our checking center that doesn't play center

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.