HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs - nj - col

Old
07-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Quares27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
He spent most of the year on the second line IIRC?

Also, Joe Pavelski is a third line center. Would you trade Phaneuf for him?

No he's not. Also, being a "winner" doesn't mean constantly missing or almost missing the playoffs, and often not being the best player on your team when you do, then finally pitching a fit and giving up and getting traded (when you lose your #1 job) for a FAIR return (Phaneuf+decent prospect+enforcer for young top-line two-way center, top-four defenseman, middle-six winger, and enforcer) into what turned out the be the exact same situation. Sounds more like being a whiny *****, if you ask me. Look out Leafs Fans; if Franson or Gardiner overtakes Phaneuf, he'll start sulking and "need" to be traded.

What have Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, or Claude Giroux won? Would you trade Phaneuf for one of them?
Was that asked with the expectation that somebody would actually say yes and contradict themselves? LOL nobody would ever even think about trading Phaneuf for Pavelski.

Franson and Gardiner won't overtake Phaneuf because Phaneuf is much better than them. Obviously the same can't be said about Stastny and the other centers

Also, please don't compare some of the best young players in the NHL to an overpaid 50 point 2nd liner. Makes you look dumb.

Quares27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:38 AM
edruga

vCash: 666
Whole lot of whining going on in this thread.

edruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:41 AM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
For seriouslies. Avs would never trade Staz for Phaneuf.

The Avs have too many centers and not enough D and you think they would turn down a trade where they are getting a legit top pairing Dman for a second line center?

Stastny is getting some undeserved crap in this thread but that is an extremely homeristic comment.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:00 PM
cgf

I hope they wouldn't, Dion would be a poor fit next to EJ who'd just be another in a long line of defensemen that EJ has to focus on cleaning up after. Breaking up our awesome top 9 now that we finally have 9 quality forwards, just to get EJ a rich man's Quincey would be very frustrating.

I'd much rather the team add picks and prospects to Wilson and try and get a more reliable guy like Coburn for cheap while we wait on our prospects on D than to break up the depth we've finally assembled.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:02 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
I hope they wouldn't, Dion would be a poor fit next to EJ who'd just be another in a long line of defensemen that EJ has to focus on cleaning up after. Breaking up our awesome top 9 now that we finally have 9 quality forwards, just to get EJ a rich man's Quincey would be very frustrating.

I'd much rather the team add picks and prospects to Wilson and try and get a more reliable guy like Coburn for cheap while we wait on our prospects on D than to break up the depth we've finally assembled.
I can't believe in the past two days I have now seen Phaneuf compared to both Matt Hunwick and Kyle Quincey.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:05 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I can't believe in the past two days I have now seen Phaneuf compared to both Matt Hunwick and Kyle Quincey.
no leafs hating there

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:07 PM
cgf

*shrug* he is a very rich man's quincey. Strong skater who throws his body around and can handle the puck, but gets overaggressive and leaves his partner to clean up for him. That's exactly the problem we had when Courtney was partnering EJ, and that's the exact problem we'd have sticking Dion next to EJ. Dion's obviously a different level of player, like many tiers different, but he's not the kind of guy I want next to EJ for the same reasons I celebrated so hard when we moved Quincey for Downie.

Old
07-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Vor
RIP Lounge

vCash: 50
Kadri, Franson and a 1st for Larsson? No thank you. From both sides.

Vor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't think the majority of Avs fans share that opinion....at least I hope not.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:58 PM
cgf

Hey, Quincey does a lot of things well, he just does as much stupid **** as he does good. Dion's good qualities are better and he doesn't go fullretard as often as Courtney, but he's just not the reliable smooth skating shutdown guy I want next to EJ. That's all the Quincey reference was meant for, an example of a guy EJ has had to play with who forced EJ into a similar cleaner-upper role as he would play next to Dion.

Old
07-13-2013, 01:22 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
*shrug* he is a very rich man's quincey. Strong skater who throws his body around and can handle the puck, but gets overaggressive and leaves his partner to clean up for him. That's exactly the problem we had when Courtney was partnering EJ, and that's the exact problem we'd have sticking Dion next to EJ. Dion's obviously a different level of player, like many tiers different, but he's not the kind of guy I want next to EJ for the same reasons I celebrated so hard when we moved Quincey for Downie.
Dion really isnt that player much anymore. For the past 2 years he has been used in a shutdown roll and excelled.
Hence him facing the highest quality of competition in the league last season.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:33 PM
cgf

I guess I'll just have to pay more attention to him because I saw very little of the Leafs last year, but the year before that wasn't the impression I got when I watched yall and I really want EJ to finally get to play with some he could trust to clean up for him.

Old
07-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

Quote:

No he's not. Also, being a "winner" doesn't mean constantly missing or almost missing the playoffs, and often not being the best player on your team when you do, then finally pitching a fit and giving up and getting traded (when you lose your #1 job) for a FAIR return (Phaneuf+decent prospect+enforcer for young top-line two-way center, top-four defenseman, middle-six winger, and enforcer) into what turned out the be the exact same situation. Sounds more like being a whiny *****, if you ask me. Look out Leafs Fans; if Franson or Gardiner overtakes Phaneuf, he'll start sulking and "need" to be traded.

What have Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, or Claude Giroux won? Would you trade Phaneuf for one of them?
Swing and a miss. Check my post history

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

On top of that, I've heard Stastny likes Nickelback and respects Rush Limbaugh's life choices. His favorite beer is New Belgium's summer seasonal, Dig, and thinks that the Moon Landing was a hoax.

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Dion really isnt that player much anymore. For the past 2 years he has been used in a shutdown roll and excelled.
Hence him facing the highest quality of competition in the league last season.
He really didn't do much of that last season. Honestly besides that horrible pinch in the playoffs you'd be hard pressed to find another example of Phaneuf doing that last season. One of the reasons I was so shocked that he would actually pull that **** in such a crucial game. Didn't (or rarely) pinch in the regular season, but in game 4 to avoid going down 3-1 in the series, you decide to pinch in overtime.

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:32 PM
William Nylander

Quote:

EDIT: I just read that you didn't watch the Leafs last year, makes more sense now

William Nylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:47 PM
morrielly

vCash: 380
Quote:

flew right over your head huh?

morrielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Anth93

With all due respect to Larsson and his POTENTIAL.

We'd get more out of Franson in the coming years and Kadri is our only hope to have a #1 C.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
He really didn't do much of that last season. Honestly besides that horrible pinch in the playoffs you'd be hard pressed to find another example of Phaneuf doing that last season. One of the reasons I was so shocked that he would actually pull that **** in such a crucial game. Didn't (or rarely) pinch in the regular season, but in game 4 to avoid going down 3-1 in the series, you decide to pinch in overtime.
On the same note, I can't recall any really big hits (or even attempted big hits) this season other than the infamous playoff pinch/hit/whatever. Carlyle had him playing pretty reserved and less risky during the season. It was probably the 1st year he's been here that we didn't see a big, open-ice hit by him unless I'm forgetting a really obvious one.

Kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:06 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbol View Post

EDIT: I just read that you didn't watch the Leafs last year, makes more sense now
For cheap was also a big part of that. If Phaneuf is available for Wilson, picks and prospects and he's become much more careful like y'all say I'd be all over it, since I have my doubts about that all being true, Coburn seems a much more realistic target for the Avs.

Old
07-13-2013, 04:10 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Quote:
Gobsmacked.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote