HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSG and Nassau Coliseum

Old
07-13-2013, 11:30 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
I live 10 minutes from the Coliseum so I'd love to see our AHL affiliate there.
I live about 10 minutes from the XL Center so I'd love to see our AHL affiliate stay there....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
buy it, level it, leave it in rubble
Salt the earth.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Baby Punisher

MSG taking over the Coliseum would remind me of when the Federation finally liberated Bajor & forced the Kardasians to abadon their space station that orbited the planet that Startfleet took over & renamed deep space 9.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:01 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
MSG taking over the Coliseum would remind me of when the Federation finally liberated Bajor & forced the Kardasians to abadon their space station that orbited the planet that Startfleet took over & renamed deep space 9.
Terok Nor!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of the HMS Bounty (Klingon Bird of Prey) from Star Trek IV because afterall, the Islanders are pretty much our version of the Klingons and the Coliseum vote that failed was the equivalent of Kronos having an unstable core in Star Trek VI

But back to facts;

Webster Arena to MSG is about 61 miles
Nassau Coliseum to MSG is about 28 miles

So the Coliseum is closer.

I know Long Island has always had many Rangers fans and still does, I just don't know how well a minor league team would do there on a night in and night out basis. Bridgeport to me is a safer move if that's even possible.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Terok Nor!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of the HMS Bounty (Klingon Bird of Prey) from Star Trek IV because afterall, the Islanders are pretty much our version of the Klingons and the Coliseum vote that failed was the equivalent of Kronos having an unstable core in Star Trek VI

But back to facts;

Webster Arena to MSG is about 61 miles
Nassau Coliseum to MSG is about 28 miles

So the Coliseum is closer.

I know Long Island has always had many Rangers fans and still does, I just don't know how well a minor league team would do there on a night in and night out basis. Bridgeport to me is a safer move if that's even possible.

I used DS9 because I feel that MSG will be liberating Nassau & Parts of Suffok county from the oppression of the enity that currently run's the Coliseumm similar to how the Federation liberated Bajor from the oppresive Kardasian regime.

Last edited by Baby Punisher: 07-13-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Salt the earth.
OK, I'm laughing here.

Tempting, truly. One of those if I had a couple billion dollars to throw around.

Good points on both sides, Ha, ha.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 07:22 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
How much do Islanders tickets go for? Can you really get seats for $6? lol
No. He is exaggerating.

patnyrnyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 07:25 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Not everyone there is a Ranger fan.

They would be alienating many hockey fans there--who might otherwise attend games if the Tigers moved there. Look at the number of people who still dislike the decision to move the Wolfpack to Hartford and are unwilling to go to games there.
I disagree completely. If they move the Sound Tigers to the Coliseum, wouldn't they be alienating all the Rangers fans on LI? Unfortunately, you cannot please everyone. They changed the name of the Wolfpack for a while hoping in would appease the old Whalers fans and that didn't work, either.

Old
07-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I disagree completely. If they move the Sound Tigers to the Coliseum, wouldn't they be alienating all the Rangers fans on LI? Unfortunately, you cannot please everyone. They changed the name of the Wolfpack for a while hoping in would appease the old Whalers fans and that didn't work, either.
Apples and oranges. You can't compare moving a minor league team from a rival into Long Island with moving the minor league team of the NHL team that was forced to leave because no one could agree on a new Arena--especially when said NHL team stayed in the area.

This is a Ranger board, I'm not surprised that the fans here think they are in a majority on Long Island. I do question if that's the reality.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 03:36 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Apples and oranges. You can't compare moving a minor league team from a rival into Long Island with moving the minor league team of the NHL team that was forced to leave because no one could agree on a new Arena--especially when said NHL team stayed in the area.

This is a Ranger board, I'm not surprised that the fans here think they are in a majority on Long Island. I do question if that's the reality.
I lived on LI for almost 20 years. Might not be the majority, but there are a lot.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Move the Yotes to Nassau? Any new name suggestions?

I'm down with moving the Wolf Pack to LI. Or just bulldoze that ****hole arena, I've played in better arenas as a high schooler.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Is that why they did it? I thought it was some PC thing. Wolves are too nasty and Whalers are PC death.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote