Jets sign Matt Halischuk

Old
07-13-2013, 01:55 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I love seeing the amount if hate and vitriol that Scheifele gets from opposing fans. I don't care if it is because they call him a diver and a cry baby, I like that he gets pissed off about losses and will do anything to win. If he can bring those things to the next level it should be fun to watch.

The skill part of his game took off this year, but it seems to me that his physical and pest elements grew too. I like that.
Yea I want more guys on our team that are hated by the other teams fans for byproducts of their competitiveness and wanting to win at all costs

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:00 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Agreed, I'd include Scheifele as well. Both work extremely hard and don't like to lose. To two of them will fit right into the culture that Chevy is trying to create. I am seeing a changing of the guard so to speak: Guys that maybe didn't fully buy in and exhibit that attitude are now more or less off the roster. The only two players I have questions about are Pavs and Buff. Buff is apparently putting in a lot of work this summer and if he can come into camp in excellent shape it would go a long way to helping this team. I'm hoping that Pavs also really puts in the work and can give us better goaltending this year which would also help us out.
Where did you hear that Buff is putting in a lot of work this summer? If true, that's good to hear.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:16 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Halischuk sounds a lot like Thorburn 2.0 without the occasional fights.
The big difference is this:

Thorburn on average gets a point in just over 60 mins of 5v5 icetime.

Halischuk on average gets a point in just under 30 mins of 5v5 icetime.

They both are fairly bad at pushing the play forward, but we have some bottom 6 pieces who do that well (Frolik and maybe Tangradi... hopefully one or all of UFA, Scheifele and O`Dell).

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:17 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

He also had 15 goal two years ago. Thorburn has had 15 in 3 years. Not comparable at all.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote