HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2013, 02:41 PM
  #26
CM-
Registered User
 
CM-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntison View Post
Booth a solid playmaker? Does he even know how to pass the puck?
Booth with a solid playmaker please re-read.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:46 PM
  #27
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
This.

They'd give away Booth for a seventh.
No we wouldn't.

Obviously something like this we would do, but we wouldn't just give Booth away for nothing, he's still a good player.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:59 PM
  #28
oobga
Tier 2 Fan
 
oobga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 800
Wouldn't give anything for that broken bag of bones. Would need to follow up this trade with another to get the guy that will fill in for Booth when he's out for 80% of the season.

oobga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:04 PM
  #29
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Do not want psycho Christian hunters on the team.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:10 PM
  #30
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen
 
iFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Do not want psycho Christian hunters on the team.
Don't worry he's always injured so he wouldn't be on the team

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:12 PM
  #31
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
Don't worry he's always injured so he wouldn't be on the team
Yes but then he would be killing animals and thanking god for giving him the arrows and bullets to do so.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:13 PM
  #32
baxtefer
Registered User
 
baxtefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McCracken View Post
I'll personally drive David Booth to the airport!
Hell, I'll drive him all the way to Edmonton

baxtefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:15 PM
  #33
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
So basically, Vancouver wants to unload an overpaid scrub who isn't good any longer and has concussion issues for a good return. This thread should be closed.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:20 PM
  #34
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Horvat2Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,531
vCash: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
So basically, Vancouver wants to unload an overpaid scrub who isn't good any longer and has concussion issues for a good return. This thread should be closed.
Scrub was on pace for 20 Goals in Vancouver just last year, Vancouver would obviously take this deal but a team who lacks scoring and grit will gladly keep a player who can add both those elements when healthy.

__________________
Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose!
Horvat2Virtanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:03 PM
  #35
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,360
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntison View Post
Booth a solid playmaker? Does he even know how to pass the puck?
Booth with a solid playmaker.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:04 PM
  #36
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex
 
Reverend Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,360
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtefer View Post
Hell, I'll drive him all the way to Edmonton
That would be a long awkward drive. Would make for a good version of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles though.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:06 PM
  #37
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 50
so, why is Booth expendable?

AlowlyOilersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:09 PM
  #38
SchultzSquared
Registered User
 
SchultzSquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
So basically, Vancouver wants to unload an overpaid scrub who isn't good any longer and has concussion issues for a good return. This thread should be closed.
If anything it is a risk for both sides...

-Pitlick has good pedigree sure but he had 10 points in the AHL this year and 43 in 100 AHL games total... potential is there but he is a longshot and really 21-year-old AHL depth right now...

-Hamilton is the same... 9 points in the AHL during the year... 20 points in 100 AHL games... he has great size sure but he is a bottom six minor leaguer right now

-Musil is the best thing in the trade besides the draft pick from EDM... lots of potential to be a gritty #3/4 but he is buried on Edmonton's depth chart... really shocked he was not moved at the Draft... since the Oil do not have room for him in OKC... he will be an overager in the Dub and will tear the league apart... but that might not be good for his development

Oklahoma City's lineup next year could be this next year...

Ryan Hamilton (UFA)-Mark Arcobello (UFA)-Toni Rajala ('09)
?-Andrew Miller (UFA)-Matt Ford (AHL)
Ben Eager (Waived)-Wil Acton (UFA)-Derek Nesbitt (AHL)
Kale Kessy ('11)-Ryan Martindale ('10)-Cam Abney ('09)
Tanner House (UFA)

I think the spot left is probably for Joensuu... OKC will see if he makes EDM... if not he goes down and fills out the top six... if he does Barons will find a vet who can step in

So obviously no room left for Hamilton and Pitlick... now look at D...

Martin Marincin ('10)-Philip Larsen ('08)
Joey Leach (AHL)-Oscar Klefbom ('11)
Brandon Davidson ('10)-Taylor Fedun (UFA)
Brad Hunt (AHL)

Just no where for Musil... everybody else either is a fellow top pick and or has played well against men already

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:20 PM
  #39
Anthony
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 8,986
vCash: 500
What?! That is a god awful trade. Are you sure you're an Oilers fan?

Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:32 PM
  #40
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 41,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Do not want psycho Christian hunters on the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Yes but then he would be killing animals and thanking god for giving him the arrows and bullets to do so.
Glad his personal beliefs about religion and his hobbies are all that matter when evaluating him as a hockey player. David Booth is actually a very kind, charismatic person.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:34 PM
  #41
The Overseer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Do not want psycho Christian hunters on the team.
Yeah, can you imagine? I psycho christian hunter in Alberta? He'd stick out like a sore thumb!


The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:42 PM
  #42
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
This.

They'd give away Booth for a seventh.
As a Canucks fan, I wouldn't give away Booth for a 7th...and I wouldn't really trade him for anything less than 2 x 2nds unless a suitable replacement can be found via UFA (i.e. Brunner).

There's no point in clearing cap space at this point since most UFAs that are better than Booth are already gone.

That being said, the value in the op is over the top and way too good for the Canucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
So basically, Vancouver wants to unload an overpaid scrub who isn't good any longer and has concussion issues for a good return. This thread should be closed.
The op is an Oilers fan...VAN isn't trying to unload anything here. The Oilers are trying to add a physical forward who could bounce back and be a 25-25 guy who brings a very physical game.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:09 PM
  #43
biturbo19
Registered User
 
biturbo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,789
vCash: 500
lol.

My favourite part of this whole thing, isn't the trade proposal itself...But the fact that OP promptly lumps David Booth alongside Boyd Gordon whom i presume is intended to be the 'shutdown center'.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:12 PM
  #44
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,961
vCash: 500
not Musil though.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:24 PM
  #45
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
If anything it is a risk for both sides...

-Pitlick has good pedigree sure but he had 10 points in the AHL this year and 43 in 100 AHL games total... potential is there but he is a longshot and really 21-year-old AHL depth right now...

-Hamilton is the same... 9 points in the AHL during the year... 20 points in 100 AHL games... he has great size sure but he is a bottom six minor leaguer right now

-Musil is the best thing in the trade besides the draft pick from EDM... lots of potential to be a gritty #3/4 but he is buried on Edmonton's depth chart... really shocked he was not moved at the Draft... since the Oil do not have room for him in OKC... he will be an overager in the Dub and will tear the league apart... but that might not be good for his development

Oklahoma City's lineup next year could be this next year...

Ryan Hamilton (UFA)-Mark Arcobello (UFA)-Toni Rajala ('09)
?-Andrew Miller (UFA)-Matt Ford (AHL)
Ben Eager (Waived)-Wil Acton (UFA)-Derek Nesbitt (AHL)
Kale Kessy ('11)-Ryan Martindale ('10)-Cam Abney ('09)
Tanner House (UFA)

I think the spot left is probably for Joensuu... OKC will see if he makes EDM... if not he goes down and fills out the top six... if he does Barons will find a vet who can step in

So obviously no room left for Hamilton and Pitlick... now look at D...

Martin Marincin ('10)-Philip Larsen ('08)
Joey Leach (AHL)-Oscar Klefbom ('11)
Brandon Davidson ('10)-Taylor Fedun (UFA)
Brad Hunt (AHL)

Just no where for Musil... everybody else either is a fellow top pick and or has played well against men already
So you are burdening the Oilers with a 4.25 million contract this year and next on a player that may have been compliance bought out if he was eligible (wasn't due to injury) all so that our AHL affiliate has the right line combos? Todd Nelson, is that you?

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:39 PM
  #46
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,845
vCash: 500
Fantastic trade for the Canucks I like it. If booth was playing healthy I'm sure Edmonton would like it as well. But should the oilers be looking for some one to play centre ?

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:40 PM
  #47
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,716
vCash: 500
I'd take the OP's offer easily. I'd take pretty much anything if Gillis can sign one of Brunner/Jagr/Prospal.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:48 PM
  #48
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Do not want psycho Christian hunters on the team.
Psycho's that are christian that hunt?

or

Pyscho's that hunt christians?


LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 06:11 PM
  #49
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
In all fairness, a healthy Booth (small samples I know) has produced like a fringe 1st line player.

I feel like a Hemsky/Booth swap would make more sense.
- Both injury prone
- Comparable cap-hits

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 06:31 PM
  #50
Jesse Joensuu
Registered User
 
Jesse Joensuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Maybe one of those guys and a 4th rounder.

Jesse Joensuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.