Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Anglesmith
Fancyman of Cornwood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
It's alright. Has some issues but it's the first year of it so a lot of people can let them slide. The load times are abhorrently slow - you can end up waiting for up to 5 minutes just to get into the stupid GMC hub. The games are fun though and it uses a faux email system to notify you of trade offers and waivers. The draft is done pretty poorly so I hope they fix that in 14.
A lot of people in my GMC complained about the draft, too, but I guess it's just a matter of setting up your list. One of the biggest flaws in the game mode was the ability for someone to offer sheet TJ Brodie during the off-season during the same sim period that I had made a trade to clear cap space. Because the trade wouldn't execute until the end of the sim period, and because the end of the sim period was more than one week, and because I was 'currently' over cap, it wouldn't let me match the offer sheet, and I lost Brodie.

Old
07-13-2013, 01:30 AM
RaginStajan
Johnny Hockey

vCash: 50
I got over the waiting times. After going in and out of the GMC hub I got used to it. I'm looking forward to playing it in 14...would you guys like a NHL 14 flames board league? If not, it doesn't really matter. There are going to be other leagues.

Old
07-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Anglesmith
Fancyman of Cornwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFeasterWeTrust View Post
I got over the waiting times. After going in and out of the GMC hub I got used to it. I'm looking forward to playing it in 14...would you guys like a NHL 14 flames board league? If not, it doesn't really matter. There are going to be other leagues.
Last year I would have jumped at the chance, but I've found that with my new schedule my playing times are really inconsistent. I've just dropped out of a GM Connected league because I felt bad never being there to play my games and I knew it would be creating tension for the commissioner.

Old
07-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

"How much lube do you need for anal sex?

A buttload

Old
07-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Proof that independent thought is not required to report the news.

then the follow up

07-13-2013, 02:09 PM
TherapyforGlencross
Regular HFer

Just download GTA IV. Fun to create havoc.

Old
07-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Flames CBA Guy
Y is Colborne in SO?

vCash: 100
I thought about buying GTA IV on Steam with the DLC's, I think it was $15 or something? But I already have GTA IV on 360, just not the DLC's. I bought The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC, though.

Old
07-18-2013, 03:59 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Anyone planning on investing in a new gen game system? Not gonna lie, I'm pretty damn excited for the ps4.

Old
07-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Trae

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Anyone planning on investing in a new gen game system? Not gonna lie, I'm pretty damn excited for the ps4.
I preordered one for sure, although Future Shop had some issues and I may have preordered two.

Old
07-18-2013, 04:07 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I preordered one for sure, although Future Shop had some issues and I may have preordered two.
How does this happen lol, I pre ordered mine from futureshop as well, how much did you pay?

Old
07-18-2013, 04:37 PM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

Quote:
Eventually. I will be switching to the PS4 but I'm in no rush to do so yet. My 360 works perfectly right now and I don't have $400 to drop right now

Old
07-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Quote:
Not gonna lie, I know nothing about the PS4 except it'll be better.

Can I play my PS3 games on it?

Old
07-18-2013, 04:51 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post

Neither system will be backwards compatible unfortunately, but there will apparently be a huge selection of ps3 games to download on ps4. And I've read rumors of possible cross platform online play between ps3 and 4. Not sure if its true or not

Old
07-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Abbotsford Heat

Quote:

i think ps2 played ps1 games and ps3 played ps2 games, so I assume they will keep with that trend

Old
07-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Anglesmith
Fancyman of Cornwood

I might upgrade when they stop making NHL games for 360.

Old
07-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Anglesmith
Fancyman of Cornwood

Seeing as this is a kind of boring time in the calendar, and the conversation is on video gaming, I thought I'd share something I made last year. I found myself in my last semester of my degree, and I had the rare opportunity to actually enrol in an elective in something other than pure science. So I chose video game design.

Long story short, I made dis: Space Golf!

I'm told it's devilishly difficult, but given I tested each level about 1000000000000 times while making the damn thing, I can get through it pretty quickly.

Old
07-18-2013, 06:01 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
i think ps2 played ps1 games and ps3 played ps2 games, so I assume they will keep with that trend
I'm not sure if ps2 ever played ps1 but the first gen ps3 did play ps2, but it was taken out due to the problems it was giving the bluray drive I believe.. Ps4 will not have backwards compatibility due to it having a whole different system architecture.

Old
07-18-2013, 06:04 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

I'm going to get excited for GTA V before I get too excited for the PS4.

Anybody even know anybody who's getting an Xbox One? Sounds like it might be a massive flop already.

Old
07-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Abbotsford Heat

Quote:
I'm not sure if ps2 ever played ps1 but the first gen ps3 did play ps2, but it was taken out due to the problems it was giving the bluray drive I believe.. Ps4 will not have backwards compatibility due to it having a whole different system architecture.
I know for sure ps2 played ps1, I used my ps2 for ps1 games quite often, that was the only part i was 100% sure on since i got rid of my ps2 years before I got a ps3

Old
07-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Nordberg

Will likely get a PS4 once the inevitable colossal price tag drops and it's hacked. Very unlikely I get one before that what with the business practices of major game companies these days. I purchase games that I like and whose developers I want to support, but those are few and far between these days really.

The whole lack of backwards compatibility these days is pretty BS, but emulators tend to take care of that problem as things move along given that you have a decent PC.

Old
07-18-2013, 06:44 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
I'm going to get excited for GTA V before I get too excited for the PS4.

Anybody even know anybody who's getting an Xbox One? Sounds like it might be a massive flop already.
A couple of my buddies are getting the "Xbone", both huge fanboys, although one said he plans on getting both. I think we're going to see a lot of the casual gamers go to ps4 while the fanboys will do what they do, I don't see Xbox winning this war, all the major sites have been doing polls and the ps4 is blowing the Xbone out of the water. Almost all my friends are 360 players, yet only 2 are staying with Xbox for the new gen, and that's saying something considering how much **** I caught for playing ps3.

Old
07-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Nordberg

On another note I advise everyone who uses Steam to get Dark Souls for 7.49(75% off) right now.

EXCELLENT game, it's not so great of a PC port, but if you have a controller you can use it works fine(plays exactly like the console versions). Make sure to get DSfix(google it) to fix blurriness caused by the game forcibly rendering in 720p.

Even if you don't have a gaming PC you should get Dark Souls. It's a bit unforgiving but once you get into it you can easily sink hundreds of hours into it. Make sure to get Prepare to Die edition which includes the DLC.

Last edited by Nordberg: 07-18-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old
07-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
It's cheaper, has the better specs, and doesn't force a camera/microphone that may potentially be co-opted by the US government in the name of 'safety'.

Quote:
No. Neither the PS4 or Xbox one have native backwards compatibility. But Sony is promising the ability to stream PS3 games to the system through Gaikai, which should be out sometime in 2014.

In any case, buying a new console at launch is rarely a good idea. Better to wait until they iron out the kinks and game library gets bigger.

Old
07-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Trae

Quote:
How does this happen lol, I pre ordered mine from futureshop as well, how much did you pay?
So confusing...

They were doing preorders initially for $50 which I missed and then since the demand was so high it was full price of $400 and online only which is what I got, then preorders stopped cause of demand, and then Sony allocated more preorders again for $50. At this point I hadn't seen a charge on my card for $400, so I assumed I never got it and so i went and got one of the recently allocated preorders instore for sure at $50. After that I was informed that it wouldn't charge me for the other $400 until release. Then, I got an email saying some information might be incorrect on the $400 preorder, so I may have lost it. So it will be a crapshoot. As it stands right now I've only spent $50, but if I get a second PS4 I'll either sell it if the demand is high, or return it to future shop.

Old
07-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Abbotsford Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
So confusing...

They were doing preorders initially for $50 which I missed and then since the demand was so high it was full price of $400 and online only which is what I got, then preorders stopped cause of demand, and then Sony allocated more preorders again for $50. At this point I hadn't seen a charge on my card for $400, so I assumed I never got it and so i went and got one of the recently allocated preorders instore for sure at $50. After that I was informed that it wouldn't charge me for the other $400 until release. Then, I got an email saying some information might be incorrect on the $400 preorder, so I may have lost it. So it will be a crapshoot. As it stands right now I've only spent $50, but if I get a second PS4 I'll either sell it if the demand is high, or return it to future shop.
sell it for a profit. you know when the demand is high some idiot will pay like a grand for it.

Closed Thread