HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect developmental camp

Old
07-11-2013, 06:13 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Being from Halifax, and watching Straka play against us in the finals, this does not surprise me in the slightest. I never questioned that we lose that series, but when Straka was on the ice, your nuts got a little tighter, and you legitimately worried a bit. Guy has unreal talent
How does that work?

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 07:40 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
How does that work?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8004915AA6C1Wx

I guess he was really excited???

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Buff and his big man boobs (or mits aka man ****) can stay in Winnipeg. Let him be their $5 million dollar out of shape problem.
I agree...hence the "target" for Bogo.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:20 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:27 AM
Akanon

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 09:00 AM
54fightin

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanon View Post
Great video, thanks for posting

54fightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanon View Post
Thank you

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

I want to say Hagg looked better offensively, but I feel ridiculous judging players based on clips from a prospect camp.

Stolarz looked infinitely more composed than Chubak in the 10 seconds we saw Chubak.

07-13-2013, 10:34 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I want to say Hagg looked better offensively, but I feel ridiculous judging players based on clips from a prospect camp.

Stolarz looked infinitely more composed than Chubak in the 10 seconds we saw Chubak.
Stolarz def looks quicker. Chubak is an ex Flin Flon Bomber tho, so im pulling for him.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:36 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:

Gotta love to watch Haggs skating. Well...maybe thats because he was paired with Morin whos skating is....yea.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:39 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Gotta love to watch Haggs skating. Well...maybe thats because he was paired with Morin whos skating is....yea.
Morin skates better than i thought. To be that big at 17 is awkward as hell. I was surprised actually.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:41 AM
SgtJoseph*

I really liked Stolarz positioning and his movements left and right. his fundamentals looked very solid from what I saw in this clip. kids got good size as well.

SgtJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:44 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

Stolarz looked a lot more agile than Chubak in that clip. It also helps that he's 6'6" compared to 5'11" like Chubak.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Broad Street Elite

Not much to see, but a couple casual observations (99% of which we already knew):

1. Laughton's skating looks phenomenal. Change of direction, acceleration, its all the there. If you took the names off the video, it was clear just from watching that he is the closest to touching the NHL, which is great to see.

2. Hagg looked very solid in the net front drills even against the mush larger Morin. Used body positioning and protected the prime real estate and puck against the much bigger player quite well.

3. Morin and Hagg both skate quite well.

4. Neither Hagg nor Morin demonstrated much, if any, ability to shoot from the point. When you compare it to Gostishere, neither player showed remotely the zip or the accuracy. On some of those shots Hagg took, I just shook my head.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:07 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I was happy that near the end of the video that both Hagg and Bourdon had a laugh. I'm sure it feels real good to be on the ice again having some sort of fun, especially for Bourdon.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:14 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
4. Neither Hagg nor Morin demonstrated much, if any, ability to shoot from the point. When you compare it to Gostishere, neither player showed remotely the zip or the accuracy. On some of those shots Hagg took, I just shook my head.
The shots that Ghost took in that clip were all prime shooting scenarios. The ones of Morin and Hagg were all in drills that were meant to be awkward situations where the goal is just to get the puck on net, not to rip it by the keeper. If you notice, in the drill where I presume you shook your head at Hagg (~6:05), it's clear that the players are being told to catch the pass, take a quick step, and shoot. Not easy to get a lot on it when you don't get your legs behind the shot.

I agree, though, I was impressed with Hagg's handling of Morin in front of the net, though.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:31 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Now, maybe it's just me, but is anyone else excited about the prospect depth the Flyers are starting to put together again? There's center depth with Laughton and Cousins, winger depth in Straka, Noebels, Akeson and Leier, and defensive depth in Alt, Morin, Hagg and Gostisbehere. Not to mention, a blue chip goaltending prospect in Stolarz. Honestly, this is a really solid group of players with the potential to be something real special down the road. I'm really starting to like the collection of players that Holmgren and company are putting together.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:39 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Now, maybe it's just me, but is anyone else excited about the prospect depth the Flyers are starting to put together again? There's center depth with Laughton and Cousins, winger depth in Straka, Noebels, Akeson and Leier, and defensive depth in Alt, Morin, Hagg and Gostisbehere. Not to mention, a blue chip goaltending prospect in Stolarz. Honestly, this is a really solid group of players with the potential to be something real special down the road. I'm really starting to like the collection of players that Holmgren and company are putting together.
It's getting better and it's much better than it's been in the past 2-3 years, but it's still a bottom 10 prospect pool if you ask me.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:16 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Yea agree with billy. Not sure it's great but brings us out of the bottom 2 we were in.

Is stolarz considered a blue chip prospect?

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:37 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

I need to see more from stolarz over a larger stretch of games to consider him a blue chip prospect.

Lets see how he fares in wj camp and over a whole chl season first.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 02:57 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Is stolarz considered a blue chip prospect?
It's too early to tell for comparison John Gibson didn't really start being considered an elite prospect until the midway point of this year.

IF he starts the WJC's this year for the US it will mean he jumped some pretty good prospects which will get him some more attention.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:10 PM
hockeyfreak7

I personally wouldn't pass any judgment on goalie prospects until they prove something at the NHL level. I honestly don't believe in such a thing as a "blue chip goalie". They're just so hard to predict even when they dominate the junior and minor levels.

It's nice to have a good goalie prospect in the system, but I want more just to increase our odds of one panning out. I really wish we didn't lose Eriksson...

Old
07-13-2013, 03:44 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Morins wrist shot looked atrocious in that video. Just simply skating up and ripping a wrist shot at the top of the circle is not an awkward position to shoot. But its not on target at all and looks like it has no power. The only redeeming quality is he kept it low which I'm not sure was intentional.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
It's getting better and it's much better than it's been in the past 2-3 years, but it's still a bottom 10 prospect pool if you ask me.
It may be bottom 10 but most of the teams that are higher up are the kind of teams with older stars or are pretty garbage teams that are regularly in the lottery. The Flyers have a bunch of people on there team that are very young and are just a few years removed from being top prospects themselves, this group is definitely good enough to carry us until for years while they continue drafting promising players and contending in the playoffs.

Basically, I would rather be in the Flyers position than in the position of most of the teams with great prospect pools.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:59 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Morins wrist shot looked atrocious in that video. Just simply skating up and ripping a wrist shot at the top of the circle is not an awkward position to shoot. But its not on target at all and looks like it has no power. The only redeeming quality is he kept it low which I'm not sure was intentional.
Yes, an NHL draft pick doesn't have the ability to intentionally shoot the puck low...right...

The only shots I saw him flub were the ones in the one drill around 6:05 and that drill was not designed to let the players get a lot on the shot. I saw nothing in that video to indicate any players shooting ability, good or bad.