HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Streit

Old
10-28-2006, 10:11 PM
ryanghg

vCash: 500
Mark Streit

Am I the only one that was freaking out when I saw Mark get on the ice for the shoot out? If he would of scored it would have made my week. Or year even. I was screaming like mad. The RDS guys were like WAIT what the ****....MARK STREIT IS ON THE ICE

It would of been perfect. Oh well, He still played a good game. (relatively....to the horrible game we played )

GO STREIT

ryanghg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Ross MacLochness

He plays like a little girl when the puck is in our zone.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:14 PM
znk

I thought we'd see him at some point after I saw Lemaire leave Gaborik on the bench and send a swiss D as a 2nd shooter recently. And he did a pretty nice move, beat the goalie but barely missed the net. It's weird but I thought he looked more comfortable than some forwards we send.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:14 PM
deandebean

Yeah, but why tonight?!? Against the Laffs, man...

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:15 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanghg View Post
Am I the only one that was freaking out when I saw Mark get on the ice for the shoot out? If he would of scored it would have made my week. Or year even. I was screaming like mad. The RDS guys were like WAIT what the ****....MARK STREIT IS ON THE ICE

It would of been perfect. Oh well, He still played a good game. (relatively....to the horrible game we played)

GO STREIT
He actually had the goalie beat but bad angle missed the net...oh well.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:15 PM
ryanghg

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Yeah, but why tonight?!? Against the Laffs, man...
I don't think we will get to see it too often

Old
10-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Live Forever

I wasn't surprised. He's got great puckhandling skills and his decision making time is very efficient. He is more crafty than some of our wingers. I was glad to see Carbo reward him with the penalty shot.

Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GSK*

The Kovalev's move was nice IMO.

Streit was very near to score.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
deandebean

I mean, you need those points against division rivals. Why playing it risky with a guy like that?!? Carbo has not impressed me on this one.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:17 PM
barfy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
The Kovalev's move was nice IMO.
That reminded me a lot of a move....Datsyuk maybe? did last year...

barfy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:17 PM
znk

Quote:
I mean, you need those points against division rivals. Why playing it risky with a guy like that?!? Carbo has not impressed me on this one.
Quite the opposite for me. I love the fact that he tried it. And the way Streit played that I think we'll see him again.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:

It would of been perfect. Oh well, He still played a good game.

GO STREIT
There is no way you put a 5th/6th Dman as the 4th guy on a shootout. I was freaking out when I saw that. How do you put Streit before Souray or Markov? If you're going with a defenseman on a shootout at least make it one that produces offensively. Bad call by Carbonneau.

And Higgins should have been there rather than Kovalev or Ryder or before Koivu for that matter.

Koivu is simply attrocious in Shootouts. He does the same move to his backhand every single freaking time.

Ryder goes back to trying to deke on the Shootout when he knows what works for him is his shot. Hasn't Ryder learned?

Very furstrating considering we came back down 2 goals and Aebischer played amazingly.

Habs looked flat tonight and got a point out of it. I'm growing tired of this not showing up to play. They stunk out the joint against Boston as well. These are teams they should beat handily IMO.

Anyways, Ottawa is next.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Pascal

Kovalev's move was a lot like the one Datsyuk pulled last week.. a real beauty.

Streit played a great game, he is the reason (with kovalev) why we scored that 4th goal (or 3rd)

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
There is no way you put a 5th/6th Dman as the 4th guy on a shootout. I was freaking out when I saw that. How do you put Streit before Souray or Markov? If you're going with a defenseman on a shootout at least make it one that produces offensively. Bad call by Carbonneau.

And Higgins should have been there rather than Kovalev or Ryder or before Koivu for that matter.

Koivu is simply attrocious in Shootouts. He does the same move to his backhand every single freaking time.

Ryder goes back to trying to deke on the Shootout when he knows what works for him is his shot. Hasn't Ryder learned?

Very furstrating considering we came back down 2 goals and Aebischer played amazingly.

Habs looked flat tonight and got a point out of it. I'm growing tired of this not showing up to play. They stunk out the joint against Boston as well. These are teams they should beat handily IMO.

Anyways, Ottawa is next.
How was it a bad move? He beat the goalie, obviously. It was better than what Koivu did, so where's your reasoning?

Old
10-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Live Forever

Quote:
Higgins, Ryder, Koivu, Perez, and Kovalev all got their chances but they missed. I don't see what was wrong with letting Streit have a go at it. I understand that this was a divisional game, but Streit is just as creative as the majority of our skilled forwards. Who would you have chosen instead?

Old
10-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Better With Age*

Other than Sammy's goal, Streit made the best moves and beat the goalie. What are you complaining about. What do you know about Streit's one on one abilities?

Better With Age* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:23 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
How was it a bad move? He beat the goalie, obviously. It was better than what Koivu did, so where's your reasoning?
He didn't beat the goalie. It hit his pads and ricocheted out the other side mssing the net. He didn't score. And considering it was a division rival you don't make a gamble like that. I'm still against that decision. I'd rather lose knowing our best shooters were out there or whoever produced the most, offensively throughout the night (combination of both). Higgins (habs leading goal scorer) should have been out there along with Ryder and Sammy. Kovalev has not had success in SO.

And I already said I didn't agree with having Koivu out there, especially before Higgins.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:23 PM
NewGuy

Quote:
Souray in the shootout? Brilliant. You should definitely be the coach.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Live Forever

Quote:
He didn't beat the goalie. It hit his pads and ricocheted out the other side mssing the net. He didn't score. And considering it was a division rival you don't make a gamble like that. I'm still against that decision. I'd rather lose knowing our best shooters were out there or whoever produced the most, offensively throughout the night (combination of both). Higgins (habs leading goal scorer) should have been out there along with Ryder and Sammy. Kovalev has not had success in SO.

And I already said I didn't agree with having Koivu out there, especially before Higgins.
You are not making sense...Our entire top 2 lines + Streit got a shot. Only Sammy scored. What is there to complain about?

Old
znk

Quote:
He didn't beat the goalie. It hit his pads and ricocheted out the other side mssing the net. He didn't score. And considering it was a division rival you don't make a gamble like that. I'm still against that decision. I'd rather lose knowing our best shooters were out there or whoever produced the most, offensively throught he night (combination of both). Higgins (habs leading goal scorer) should have been out there along with Ryder and Sammy. Kovalev has not had success in SO.

We've tried our best shooters multiple times and they arent doing it. Believe me I'd put Streit in the shootout again.

I realy dont know why anyone is making a fuss about this. I loved the dicision and I'm glad we finaly have a coach that's not affraid to take decisions....instead of playing the old conventional dinosaur way.

Old
Pascal

Quote:

You're talking as if Streit is an amputee or something. Sure it wasn't a pick most ppl would have done, but he did well and proved you wrong along the way.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:27 PM
jcpenny

Quote:

First, he made a good move and made Aubin look like a fool
secondly, his shot idnt even touch Aubins pads
Third, Kovalev shoul always be in the shootout no matter what cuz when he misses its always his fault rather than a good save by the goalie

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
Souray in the shootout? Brilliant. You should definitely be the coach.
I'd love to see that....walks in...passes the blue line and just fires a laser at the net. That would be funny.

Old
ryanghg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
You're talking as if Streit is an amputee or something. Sure it wasn't a pick most ppl would have done, but he did well and proved you wrong along the way.
lollllllll

Come on guys! No arguing.....we are just admiring Streit's INSANE MOVES...I bet Afinogenov is jealous

Old
10-28-2006, 10:29 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

It would of been perfect. Oh well, He still played a good game. (relatively....to the horrible game we played )

GO STREIT
when they pratice shootouts, Streit is always the best player. It was written in Lapresse a few days ago.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote