HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread: Eskies 1-3

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2013, 11:31 PM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Charles is looking beastly.
Speaking as a Rider fan, we made a mistake in 2011 letting Charles sit on the Bench while ol' Wes Cates was punchin' it up the gut for 1 yard at a time. He had potential, but just couldn't get on the field because Ken Miller was too loyal to Cates. Cates was done by 2011.

But our loss is your gain.

But the Riders also have Kory Sheets now, so meh.

Old
07-13-2013, 11:37 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

and you wonder why no one shows up for Esks games anymore

this game is beyond terrible...I know weather has played a role but the Esks look awful

at least BC is moving the football

Old
07-13-2013, 11:38 PM
aleshemsky83

Well skies are cleared up, doubt it makes a difference now though

Old
07-13-2013, 11:38 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
2nd and 23 and the Lions convert easily.

This game will be out of reach if the Lions score again.

Old
07-13-2013, 11:49 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Denver Broncos

Reilly is a ****** QB. The playcalling is almost as ******.

Kavis Reed is not a head coach. Water boy maybe.

Old
07-13-2013, 11:52 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Our defense is almost as bad as our offense.

10 wins?

Old
07-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

10 wins?

I see them going 6/12 this season . Relly does not cut it Defence is good but offence a joke.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:03 AM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I see them going 6/12 this season . Relly does not cut it Defence is good but offence a joke.
Either Reilly needs time to throw, or receivers need to get open. I lost count at how many times Reilly was pressured out of the pocket. Eskimos are missing Stamps.

Reilly and Lulay are actually very similar QBs... predictable, because they worked together for a while, but Lulay has the protection, receivers and an offense that works around him. Reilly doesn't... yet.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Either Reilly needs time to throw, or receivers need to get open. I lost count at how many times Reilly was pressured out of the pocket. Eskimos are missing Stamps.

Reilly and Lulay are actually very similar QBs... predictable, because they worked together for a while, but Lulay has the protection, receivers and an offense that works around him. Reilly doesn't... yet.
Its going to be a long season fro ESKS imo. Kavis is a stubborn we seen this last season with Joesph , We have a bad coach a bad offence recipe for lots losses.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:14 AM
AJGass4

We truly have the dumbest bunch of players ever assembled.

What a disgrace. Don't blame Reilly, the man was running for his life all night. Only to be nullified by stupidity time and time again.

Kavis Reed - WORST COACH EVER!

Old
07-14-2013, 12:19 AM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Its going to be a long season fro ESKS imo. Kavis is a stubborn we seen this last season with Joesph , We have a bad coach a bad offence recipe for lots losses.
I didn't like Kavis as a coach in Saskatchewan, and I don't think he's the man for the job in Edmonton. Hervey made a mistake giving him a contract extension so early in the season - especially after a loss. I'm really surprised that Hervey didn't rid himself of any Tillman connections. When you have a guy like Paul LaPolice working at TSN... C'mon man.

Now it would be bad form to fire a coach during a season where he gets an extension.

But I do wonder... Who lasts longer? Reed or Hawkins in Montreal?

Old
07-14-2013, 12:19 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 875
Ok that last sack on Reilly was pathetic. He dodges one and them the oline lets the other guy ram him from behind. The worse coverage

Old
07-14-2013, 12:22 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
I didn't like Kavis as a coach in Saskatchewan, and I don't think he's the man for the job in Edmonton. Hervey made a mistake giving him a contract extension so early in the season - especially after a loss. I'm really surprised that Hervey didn't rid himself of any Tillman connections. When you have a guy like Paul LaPolice working at TSN... C'mon man.

Now it would be bad form to fire a coach during a season where he gets an extension.

But I do wonder... Who lasts longer? Reed or Hawkins in Montreal?
Hervey had nothing to do with the decision to retain Reed.
That was decision was made for Hervey....Len Rhodes (a non football man) is the genius behind this debacle.

Anyone else see a problem with that?

Old
07-14-2013, 12:27 AM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Hervey had nothing to do with the decision to retain Reed.
That was decision was made for Hervey....Len Rhodes (a non football man) is the genius behind this debacle.

Anyone else see a problem with that?
A non-Football guy was behind the Riders decision to hire Greg Marshall too. That didn't end good. When you have business men making football decisions, it's a recipe for disaster.

Everyone in the Esks organization should try hard to rid themselves of the Tillman stink. But hey, if there's one thing Rider fans and Esks fans have in common, it's dislike for Eric Tillman.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

5 mins left in the game, and the play that personifies this useless offense.

Reilly scrambling for his life at his 1 yd line, heroically does it all on his own and scrambles to the 20 gaining an apparent first down. He had to run it as no recievers were within 40 yds of him. But get this, play called back on the basis of Marcus Henry going offside.

ffs!!!

Plays like that make you wonder if we even have receivers.

I hope people are realizing what I been putting down for years is this receiver pac is pathetic.

On the telecast they were just reaming out the Esks receivers for chronically not coming back to the ball. Not even looking back. Just ****ing pathetic.

Marcus Henry just had the worst game I've seen from any Esks receiver since Ed Gant. This guy wasn't even trying to work open in this game. Beyond useless. In the telecast they nailed him for being invisible. Did absolutely nothing.

I said it last year, and I'll say it again no QB is going to accomplish much with this group of receivers.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:29 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
5 mins left in the game, and the play that personifies this useless offense.

Reilly scrambling for his life at his 1 yd line, heroically does it all on his own and scrambles to the 20 gaining an apparent first down. He had to run it as no recievers were within 40 yds of him. But get this, play called back on the basis of Marcus Henry going offside.

ffs!!!

ffs plays like that make you wonder if we even have receivers.

I hope people are realizing what I been putting down for years is this receiver is pathetic.

On the telecast they were just reaming out the Esks receivers for chronically not coming back to the ball. Not even looking back. Just ****ing pathetic.

Marcus Henry just had the worst game I've seen from any Esks receiver since Ed Gant. This guy wasn't even trying to work open in this game. Beyond useless. In the telecast they nailed him for being invisible. Did absolutely nothing.

I said it last year, and I'll say it again no QB is going to accomplish with this pathetic group of receivers.
Go ahead and admit it...last year had very little to do with the receivers.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:32 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Go ahead and admit it...last year had very little to do with the receivers.
You should begin to question how hard it is to accomplish any offense with this receiver pac which is the identical same group of recievers as last year save for one player, McSweeny.

Could you imagine how bad this offense would be without Charles who the Eskimos again amazingly forgot about in the second half.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:35 AM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

10 wins?

Brown banana.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:36 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
You should begin to question how hard it is to accomplish any offense with this receiver pac which is the identical same group of recievers as last year save for one player, McSweeny.

Could you imagine how bad this offense would be without Charles who the Eskimos again amazingly forgot about in the second half.
That we agree on....Charles has been the best story on offence so far.

Honestly outside of 1 quarter (this season) this offence looks completely out of sync. Reilly is making poor decisions...the receivers are making poor decisions. Offensive line looks porous again.
Bad penalty after bad penalty killing any and all momentum.

The execution has been so bad I cant even determine if the OC is a problem.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Auguste Escoffier

Once again this offense is far too predictable. Is the o-line so bad that Reilly is forced to scramble every down? Just terrible.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
Once again this offense is far too predictable. Is the o-line so bad that Reilly is forced to scramble every down? Just terrible.
Well heres the deal. When they actually mixed up the offense and ran the ball last week and used motion in the backfield on several plays to confuse the Ticats the blocking was no problem at all.

Today we're back to passing on nearly every down, telegraphing that, and telling the Lions to just send the house. Lions even had our snap count down. Probably had our one page single sided playbook as well..

Old
07-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
That we agree on....Charles has been the best story on offence so far.

Honestly outside of 1 quarter (this season) this offence looks completely out of sync. Reilly is making poor decisions...the receivers are making poor decisions. Offensive line looks porous again.
Bad penalty after bad penalty killing any and all momentum.

The execution has been so bad I cant even determine if the OC is a problem.
Its incomprehensible. Week to week they forget what actually works. We had motion in the backfield last week to disguise plays and give different looks and options. It was a credible looking offensive scheme. We ran the ball. Fast forward to this week and its as if they didn't scheme anything.

What one play did you see today that worked for the Eskimos that wasn't involving Charles.

WE gave the Leos D nothing to worry about in this game.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:52 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Some curious numbers.

31K announced as attendance today. This figure of course being paid attendance. I doubt 12K of those people bothered to show up or stuck around. Kinda hard to stick around for 3hrs of pouring rain while your team puts 3 pts on the board.

Get this as well. This offense put 3 pts on the board in a game in which they scrimmaged starting from the opposition end 4 times. Twice they took over the ball in FG position. Think about how absolutely pathetic an offense has to be to *accomplish* that.

97 passing yds tonight. Somewhere Steven Jyles is drunk and pissing himself laughing. 70 yds rushing tonight with most of that From Reilly scrambling for his life with no receivers in his area code.

Passes attempted: 23, yes we threw 23 passes to gain 97 yds..

longest completion: 18yds. lmfao. Somebody ask every receiver, in a game in which this was our longest catch why the **** they're running downfield 40 yds on most downs.

Most yds for any Esks receiver. 28. I wish I was making this stuff up.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:53 AM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Its incomprehensible. Week to week they forget what actually works. We had motion in the backfield last week to disguise plays and give different looks and options. It was a credible looking offensive scheme. We ran the ball. Fast forward to this week and its as if they didn't scheme anything.

What one play did you see today that worked for the Eskimos that wasn't involving Charles.

WE gave the Leos D nothing to worry about in this game.
I think last week was a bit of a mirage as the team really only played about 15 min of good football and the conditions will likely never be duplicated.

Charles ran for about 100yds in 2 plays ( kick off return and rush from scrimmage).

The Ticats game didn't show me much at all in terms of consistency especially on offence.

Still far too many penalties and poor execution.

Reilly threw for 136 yds last week and 96 yds today.

Not good enough.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
I think last week was a bit of a mirage as the team really only played about 15 min of good football and the conditions will likely never be duplicated.

Charles ran for about 100yds in 2 plays ( kick off return and rush from scrimmage).

The Ticats game didn't show me much at all in terms of consistency especially on offence.

Reilly threw for 136 yds last week and 96 yds today.

Not good enough.
One of the things I detailed exhaustively last year is how inexperienced, and how ordinary, our receiver pac was. None of these guys other than Stamps has been stellar anywhere. None of them have appreciable yds anywhere else. None of them have appreciable TD catches anywhere else. This is just a piss poor Reciever pac.

How does a QB toss 250-300yds when he's got a bunch of targets that just don't get open, just don't produce catches, yards, move yardsticks. This is a dead offense for a reason.

People keep saying one of these guys is going to jump up and be impressive. Who? Koch and Stamps thats it. I'd cut the rest and start over with some imports. Coohoern is beyond useless. One on one in the flat all day, all year, all last year, and can't break a tackle to save his life. I don't know Coohoern has a dozen first downs in his career here.

How do you create, maintain any offense with all these duds as targets?

Closed Thread