HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2014

Old
07-13-2013, 01:46 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

vCash: 500
Question, how playable is the Historic part of the game and is it enjoyable, since that's what I have the most interest in. Also, when using the historic mode, do You have the option of using the real life draft picks or re-doing each draft as You go?

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:10 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
Question, how playable is the Historic part of the game and is it enjoyable, since that's what I have the most interest in. Also, when using the historic mode, do You have the option of using the real life draft picks or re-doing each draft as You go?
Actually, that is going to be the most interesting mode, at least for me, of course along with KHL due to my team joined KHL.

Imagine drafting, if you play with Montreal, Savard Denis instead of Wickenheiser...or losing just to get Lemieux to your team.

Historical mode will be my primary mode (along with KHL). Actually when this game comes out I am worried how my social life will look like and how the hell I will do at college.

Last edited by ficohok*: 08-04-2013 at 07:42 AM.
ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Braeden

Mac version keeps crashing for me.

Braeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 05:59 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden View Post
Mac version keeps crashing for me.
is this the Braeden from the WHSL Sim league?

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Braeden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
is this the Braeden from the WHSL Sim league?
Yes...

Braeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 10:18 PM
harisH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsandOilers View Post
So is the Beta worth it? I play FM all the time and a hockey manager game would be great.
Quote:
This is the part that has me on the fence. Why pay for a beta when you don't even know if by September they decide to scrape the project and no refund would be available.
They are updating it continuously, its getting better. This is more of a question do you want to support this developer in the hopes that the game becomes like OOTPB eventually. OOTPB is a game with a long development that keeps getting better and better.

They won't scrape it, this isn't a major game studio. Its a small team that will see the game through, the guy who is making the game started this as his hobby.

harisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:39 AM
TT1

is there a guide or anything available? i just pre-ordered it but i have no idea how to play =/

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:43 PM
harisH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
is there a guide or anything available? i just pre-ordered it but i have no idea how to play =/
I don't think there is. You will just have to play around with it and figure everything out.

harisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
There's a bunch of stuff on the forums, no complete guide yet as far as I know.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 04:06 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

Will definitely get this if online leagues get going. Also looking for a new Sim league to join Baseball and hockey. (never done a baseball one, im interested though)

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:20 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Am I dumb? I'm having trouble finding a link to pre-order

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 07:18 PM
EspOrrsito
edumacated

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
Am I dumb? I'm having trouble finding a link to pre-order
https://store2.esellerate.net/store/...ageCatalog.htm

EspOrrsito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Man its so nice to see someone make one of these again, its been a long time since the flawed eastside game was released.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:36 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

tryin to bring jori lehtera over to N.A. Sibir accepted my transfer offer... how do i get him on my team now? i can't sign him or anything

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Sounds like a big update is coming within the next couple of days, can't wait.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 11:07 PM
ekcut

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
The new update is up!

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 03:05 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
The new update is up!
Will be downloading it when I'm home from work. We're a month from final release and the game is still rather unplayable. Hoping for good things from this update.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Ruki

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Will be downloading it when I'm home from work. We're a month from final release and the game is still rather unplayable. Hoping for good things from this update.
Is it still unplayable? Balls. I tried it the day it went on pre-sale, and haven't touched it since because of that. Was hoping it'd be closer to a finish product since, you know, release is in a month.

Ruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 02:55 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
Is it still unplayable? Balls. I tried it the day it went on pre-sale, and haven't touched it since because of that. Was hoping it'd be closer to a finish product since, you know, release is in a month.
after some bad experiences with EHM and Football Manager i pay such game after first patch.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 07:16 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

It's really irritating that they are using time and effort on historical play-mode, fictional leagues and all that ******** when the game itself has obvious lacks and the release date is near. Why not skip all that nonsense for now and try to make a workable hockey manager game? Those features could be implemented at later editions once the main pieces of the game are properly put together.

(I'm by no means bashing the game and its developers, just criticizing their priorities which are totally off IMO)

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 07:43 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
It's much better than first build. It gets frustrating, though, when I can't even complete an offseason because the game crashes everytime trying to get past July 1st.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
It's really irritating that they are using time and effort on historical play-mode, fictional leagues and all that ******** when the game itself has obvious lacks and the release date is near. Why not skip all that nonsense for now and try to make a workable hockey manager game? Those features could be implemented at later editions once the main pieces of the game are properly put together.

(I'm by no means bashing the game and its developers, just criticizing their priorities which are totally off IMO)
The problem with that is that the most vocal sector of the fans/posters on the official site are the historical replayers.

I'm all about the customization stuff, but the game has to be playable first for me to be willing to spend all the time and effort it takes to create a world of leagues...I'm not going to do that if the game is just going to crash in the 5th off-season every time.

I probably won't be spending much time with it until the 3rd or 4th post-release patch as it looks right now. I still have extremely high hopes going forward, but the game has a lot of work to be done right now.

On the new build I didn't touch anything and just let it go and sim...the Penguins lost the final 38 consecutive games of the season because they kept icing 40 year-old cast-offs from Russia and 18 year-olds (Crosby flanked by Troy Josephs and Vitali Yachmenev at the end of the season), the President's Trophy was won by the Sabres, and the Stanley Cup by the Hurricanes...and then it crashed in the first off-season. Yeesh.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 08-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 06:12 AM
smetana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
On the new build I didn't touch anything and just let it go and sim...the Penguins lost the final 38 consecutive games of the season because they kept icing 40 year-old cast-offs from Russia and 18 year-olds (Crosby flanked by Troy Josephs and Vitali Yachmenev at the end of the season), the President's Trophy was won by the Sabres, and the Stanley Cup by the Hurricanes...and then it crashed in the first off-season. Yeesh.
My experience on the latest build was the same, Big. The Pens sent their entire roster to Wilkes Barre, except Sid and Geno, and signed a bunch of scrubs. Ended up falling to last in the league.

I am seriously doubting that they can possibly get this game into a playable condition in time for its scheduled release. Too many game-breaking issues, so little time.

smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Yeah, I checked the roster after the draft...5 players on the NHL roster (both goalies, Crosby, Malkin, and Paul Martin) and roughly 100 players in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, almost all 35+ years of age...most of which haven't sniffed the NHL in a decade, if ever, and had played numerous games with the Penguins as part of a tryout contract.

That's not a great thing to see happening to multiple people this close to release.

My favorite was Mike Craig, a 43 year-old who hasn't had regular work in the NHL since 1996-97 and played in Switzerland for a decade before retiring a year ago, played 7 games for the Penguins.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 08-09-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Very pleased I never got the beta.

I was actually all set to do it the day of the beta release but decided to hold off, and it looks like its STILL unplayable

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote