HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2013, 07:34 PM
irunthepeg
Mr. 2 Milli

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBIF View Post
Very casual 2.5 ppg pace over 1800 games
Look at some of those seasons... only 9.9x... taking days off

20g46g in 27 games for Maksim Knazyev! Over half way to Gretzky's record. This game is weird for point scoring... it will periodically say a player has points or goals in 5/10 games.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 07-11-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old
07-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post

Most recent season he turned 42 in February.

And it's funny how Kovalchuk is regarded as such a beast in this game.
Wow nice, is he a player you created or just a normal player you drafted from the game? If it's the latter, then that's pretty damn impressive.

Old
07-11-2013, 11:46 PM
DanltQC

I was 5th in the West (2014-2015) and got Shea Weber, Brent Burns, Dany Heatley and Michael Frolik for the playoff push.

From there, my team lost almost all the games to finish the season 9th losing the last game who would of put us in the playoff. I also have no future because it all got traded.

Tips: Don't destroy chemistry with new talents.

Old
07-12-2013, 02:24 AM
ficohok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Wow nice, is he a player you created or just a normal player you drafted from the game? If it's the latter, then that's pretty damn impressive.
Afaik he created Fedor...

Old
07-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Afaik he created Fedor...
Haha I figured as much. The most points I've seen a player get is my franchise center who got 150, and I deploy a high offensive system. I've never been intrigued by the idea of adding in players, although it would be cool to put myself in the game. Maybe I'll try that one day.

Old
07-12-2013, 07:55 AM
irunthepeg
Mr. 2 Milli

Quote:
Haha I figured as much. The most points I've seen a player get is my franchise center who got 150, and I deploy a high offensive system. I've never been intrigued by the idea of adding in players, although it would be cool to put myself in the game. Maybe I'll try that one day.
Oh yeah I created him. I'm the same as you. Best I've ever gotten with a non-created player was around 150 points. I put myself into the game as well so there's been Fedor (all 20s in everything except mental, which is still basically all green numbers) and then myself (a slightly less powerful version... you know true to real life ).

I think over the time I've played this file (it says I have over 90 days logged but I let it run over night a lot of times), which was over a year ago, I think I've learned a lot more about tactics, especially personal tactics.

I think I want to implement a hard-hitting, defensive system in my next NHL club if I can.

Also, as far as points, I think Richie has gotten guys to 200+ points without creating them as perfect players?

Old
07-12-2013, 08:08 AM
ficohok*

Quote:
Oh yeah I created him. I'm the same as you. Best I've ever gotten with a non-created player was around 150 points. I put myself into the game as well so there's been Fedor (all 20s in everything except mental, which is still basically all green numbers) and then myself (a slightly less powerful version... you know true to real life ).

I think over the time I've played this file (it says I have over 90 days logged but I let it run over night a lot of times), which was over a year ago, I think I've learned a lot more about tactics, especially personal tactics.

I think I want to implement a hard-hitting, defensive system in my next NHL club if I can.

Also, as far as points, I think Richie has gotten guys to 200+ points without creating them as perfect players?
Can you post one that you had most success with ?

Old
07-12-2013, 08:25 AM
irunthepeg
Mr. 2 Milli

Quote:
Can you post one that you had most success with ?
Personal tactics depend on the player. Gotta let them play to their strengths. I don't remember if it's part 10 or part 9, but I posted the relation to personal tactics to a player's stats. Search for it, it tells you what needs to be good for each type of tactic in personal tactics.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

There's no universal magic tactic. You'll have the best success catering the individual player's tactics to his strengths and weaknesses.

Old
07-12-2013, 12:41 PM
ficohok*

Quote:
Personal tactics depend on the player. Gotta let them play to their strengths. I don't remember if it's part 10 or part 9, but I posted the relation to personal tactics to a player's stats. Search for it, it tells you what needs to be good for each type of tactic in personal tactics.
Thanks, I will look it...

What's the story with some bug if you sign your player to 10 milion contract that he actually plays for only 50k !? I signed Patrice Bergeron to 10milion, but it didn't switch to 50k ?

Old
07-12-2013, 01:12 PM
irunthepeg
Mr. 2 Milli

Quote:
Thanks, I will look it...

What's the story with some bug if you sign your player to 10 milion contract that he actually plays for only 50k !? I signed Patrice Bergeron to 10milion, but it didn't switch to 50k ?
I've for sure mentioned that one before too but for me, it only works if you change the current year too (like you can hit the drop down on the current year and up it to above 10 mil). The way without doing that doesn't work every time because sometimes I see guys with salaries above $10 mil and other times I see the 50k. I won't lie, I still use it sometimes, but usually just on older vets who I want to keep with the team yet I know they're not worth $5-6 mil anymore so I rationalize it like that. Next NHL team I do though I'm not doing any cheating except by offering young guys long deals early on before their rep is high.

Old
07-12-2013, 02:43 PM
TBIF

My current self created player, aka me, is by far the best in the game, so naturally I tried locking him up long term with the 50k thing. Didn't quite work the way I wanted :haha:

He currently makes 16mil for the next three years.

Old
07-12-2013, 02:55 PM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBIF View Post
My current self created player, aka me, is by far the best in the game, so naturally I tried locking him up long term with the 50k thing. Didn't quite work the way I wanted :haha:

He currently makes 16mil for the next three years.
Can't help but laugh at you.

Old
07-12-2013, 03:46 PM
TBIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JI123 View Post
Can't help but laugh at you.
I can't help but laugh too, I'm trying to get his number retired though so I didn't want to risk RFA thing.

Old
07-12-2013, 05:02 PM
ficohok*

Quote:
I've for sure mentioned that one before too but for me, it only works if you change the current year too (like you can hit the drop down on the current year and up it to above 10 mil). The way without doing that doesn't work every time because sometimes I see guys with salaries above $10 mil and other times I see the 50k. I won't lie, I still use it sometimes, but usually just on older vets who I want to keep with the team yet I know they're not worth $5-6 mil anymore so I rationalize it like that. Next NHL team I do though I'm not doing any cheating except by offering young guys long deals early on before their rep is high.
Works now !

I don't consider this bug as cheating . It is fault of those who were working on the game.

My prospect Dlouhy had 145 points in the AHL and won 5 or 6 individual AHL awards. Will post screenshot tomorrow...

Old
07-12-2013, 07:06 PM
irunthepeg
Mr. 2 Milli

Glad you got it working game on!

I've never had a moral dilemma with cheating in video games. If I want more challenges, I'll start playing without exploits but I don't judge myself for doing it.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Intoewsables
real gudbranson

vCash: 93
I don't know how you guys get 150+ point seasons out of players...

My team's scoring is always really balanced. I'll generally end up scoring 300+ goals a season but it's because most of my top-9 players are scoring at a PPG rate. It's not like they're getting equal ice-time either.

Old
07-12-2013, 08:47 PM
irunthepeg
Mr. 2 Milli

Technically I'm cheating, but even without that I find getting the right players I can for sure have multiple 100-point seasons. The key is tactics and getting the right players for the roles.

Old
07-12-2013, 09:13 PM
TBIF

I swear by over playing my top guy.

Can't role 4 good lines? No problem, he can play #1C & #3C and who needs a fourth line anyway. 90 Second Shifts? No biggie. 40Mins an average game, well he's got great stamina.

So far my CAP has missed roughly 5 games with injury, we're 0-5 without him in the line up

Old
07-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
I don't know how you guys get 150+ point seasons out of players...

My team's scoring is always really balanced. I'll generally end up scoring 300+ goals a season but it's because most of my top-9 players are scoring at a PPG rate. It's not like they're getting equal ice-time either.
Do you use forwards on the point for you PP units as well? My team usually scores around 320~ goals in a season and my top 6 ranges from around 1-1.5 points per game. Since my third line doesn't really get any PP time they usually range from 30-50ish points.

Old
07-13-2013, 01:20 AM
Intoewsables
real gudbranson

vCash: 93
Quote:
Do you use forwards on the point for you PP units as well? My team usually scores around 320~ goals in a season and my top 6 ranges from around 1-1.5 points per game. Since my third line doesn't really get any PP time they usually range from 30-50ish points.
Not unless I have 3 really good players at one position and one of them can play D as well (e.g. 3 top-6 centers, one of them is the Fedorov regen).

It's weird. I've had 40+ point seasons out of my fourth liners before but I rarely see my top liners getting 100+. I can't really complain though...having scoring depth like that seems to work wonders in the playoffs.

Old
07-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Doc Scurlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanltQC View Post
I was 5th in the West (2014-2015) and got Shea Weber, Brent Burns, Dany Heatley and Michael Frolik for the playoff push.

From there, my team lost almost all the games to finish the season 9th losing the last game who would of put us in the playoff. I also have no future because it all got traded.

Tips: Don't destroy chemistry with new talents.
This is true. I built a team of waiver pick-ups and guys from Europe and squeaked into the playoffs the first year. Second year it was conference finals. Third year I decide I'm going to revamp the roster and get better players so I wheel and deal making trades and signing a bunch of more talented free agents. I missed the playoffs the following two seasons.

Old
07-13-2013, 09:17 PM
irunthepeg
Mr. 2 Milli

I always seem to get my bottom 6 depth from waivers. Or they get put on the block and then I give up nothing for them. Guys with green checking/pokecheck. I try and get fast defensive players for my lower lines/PK.

Holy ****... first time ever (in my dynasty of like 15 straight Cups) I got taken to game 7 in the SCF. I had to go to OT to win. Against Columbus! Usually I sweep or lose one game. Most playoffs I go like 16-2. They've got the Sundin regen, Ovechkin regen, some great Canadian center, a few really good defensemen and two great goalies. Don't even know how they assembled that team but they earned my respect. If a bunch of my guys retire this year, I see them winning the Cup in my file next year.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 07-14-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old
07-14-2013, 01:54 AM
chessarmy

Its really too bad that the NHL league structure can't be updated to reflect realignment next season

Old
07-14-2013, 03:33 AM
ficohok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
Its really too bad that the NHL league structure can't be updated to reflect realignment next season
I read at EHM blue line forums that member Archibalduk (spelling ?), who is also member of this boards, is working with one more guy so league structures (divisions, conferences,etc.) can be changed.

Closed Thread