HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Pleased to meet you

Old
07-13-2013, 11:27 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
Name:
White Plains Batman real name is Mike

Where are you from:
Born in Nassau County Long Island but been living in Westchester and defending it for just over 20 years

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Late 80s. My uncle was a big hockey fan growing up and would always tell me stories about the Rangers and Islanders wars of the early to mid 80s. There was a feud between Cabelvision in Long Island and MSG and the games weren't on for most of a season (87-88 I believe) so once I found out the games were on, I started watching and the rest is history.

First Rangers match you attended:
On the road it was against the Islanders at Nassau, a 4-2 defeat before the 1991-92 All Star game. I remember Richter started and Ogrodnick and Amonte scored. I finally made it to MSG in 2000 and saw them play the Caps. Since I've got out of college I try to go to about 2-4 games every year and a road trip every two or three years.

Favorite Ranger:
I loved Sandstrom before he was traded. Then it was Leetch, Richter and Gartner. Then Tikannen, then York. Since the Lockout it's been Henrik, Cally, McD.

Best Ranger moment:
So many. Winning the Division in 1989-90 and beating the Islanders in the playoffs. The entire 1991-92 season, The 1994 playoffs. Since the lockout the 2005-06 season because of what it represented, the game three 7-0 drubbing of Atlanta, the Winter Classic 2012, and winning the Atlantic Division last season.

Former Rangers you miss:
Artem Anisimov for sure. Really one of the prospects I paid close attention to from the day he got drafted. I even asked him a few questions on the BeyondTheBlueshirts website while it was still active.

Any non-Rangers you like:
I know it's trendy now but Kopitar. He's like the most under-appreciated superstar in the league. Jason Pomminville. Dustin Byfuglien. Marcus Krueger. Gabriel Landeskog.

Any other sports:
New York Football Giants for sure. I try and follow the Mets but not as crazy as the Rangers or Giants. I've been getting back into basketball so the Knicks too.

How did you find HF Boards:
I think from HockeyBird or the Hockeyrodent I was redirected to here from a link, after the Sykora trade I think. Been hooked (too hooked!) ever since and when things get intense at work, this place is the best breather.

How do you watch Rangers games:
Usually at home alone yelling at the TV in a very intense zone. I do try and go to the city and meet up with some friends every now and then but it can never be background or I don't do it. My last g/f was very cool about me watching games at her place even though she didn't really have a hockey background. She even joked about sending Frolov a get well card the next season

I don't really have a favorite HFer, you all bring something unique to the table and even though we argue and sometimes get on each other, it's all out of a love for this team. It would mean very much to me seeing this group win a Cup together.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 12:50 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Name: I Eat Crow

Where are you from: NJ

How old: 23

Rangers fan since: I remember watching games since 1995-1996. Didn't become a diehard until 2004. Figures the team blows it up and there's a lockout the next season

First Rangers match you attended: Rangers vs. Sabres at the Garden in 2001. Messier had a multi point night if I remember right.

Favorite Ranger: Lundqvist right now. Drury from recent years, he broke my heart when he scored the tying goal in Game 5 with the Sabres. Great player that played his heart out every night even though he didn't live up to his bloated Rangers contract. From the 90's era I have to go with Richter and Leetch.

Best Ranger moment: Game 5 last year against Washington was pretty awesome. Flipping Gomez for McDonagh and actually knowing what we were getting was pretty validating. I'll never forget my dumb ass Devil fan friends that said the Rangers made a horrible trade. I told them wait and see. Waiting for the celebration of a Cup win that I'll actually remember.

Former Rangers you miss: Rumun Ndur, Mike Eastwood, and Dane Byers. Kidding aside, I hated the Korpikoski trade when it happened.

Any non-Rangers you like: Tavares, Toews, Parise, Stamkos

Any other sports: Yankees, Giants, don't care for basketball but will root for the Knicks.

How did you find HF Boards: College roommate used to post here. He showed me the site and I registered.

How do you watch Rangers games: TV mostly. If I have to work (night shift ), I watch Rangers in 60 the next day.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Name:
Anthony

Where are you from:
Long Island

How old:

Rangers fan since:
My whole life, but the earliest I specifically remember was 1998ish. I remember vividly Gretzky's last game. I became a diehard specifically those late 90's to early 00's. I grew up with the Rangers sucking. We had season tickets and I was obsessed even though the teams sucked.

The first I remember was the first game in 2001, after 9/11 when they wore the jerseys that said New York across the front and Messier came out with the fireman helmet on, I was there.

Favorite Ranger:
Mike Richter. I idolized the guy, he's the reason I became a goalie. My dad used to tease me so bad, when Richter was rumored to be going to Nashville. He would chant "Khabi-bulin" at me saying that Khabibulin was coming to the Rangers.

Best Ranger moment:
I went to Mike Richter night with my dad. That was awesome. Grown men were crying all around me. That is my favorite in person. Also was at the 4th game in the playoffs in 06 when we got swept by the Devils. That was nice because they saluted the crowd and everyone went nuts. We went from a team picked to be dead last and made the playoffs. Also when I was a kid, I think the 00-01 season, my uncle who has connections arranged for my brother and me to go into the locker room after the game and meet the players. I have pictures with so many players like Graves, Fleury, Richter, Leetch and everyone else from the team like Sylvain Lefebvre, Rich Pilon, Eric Lacroix and those legends lol. Also have a pic with Sam and J.D and coach Ron Muckler. Also have a jersey autographed by everyone on the team, had them sign right on it as I wore it. I wore it to every game too until I outgrew it, it has stains all over it lol. My favorite lately is Richards' tying goal with 6.6 left. I was sitting there on the couch so mad that they weren't doing anything, they had no sustained pressure the last 10 minutes. I was complaining so bad, wanted to shut it off, then he scored. I jumped and yelled so loud, my heart rate didn't slow down until Staal scored lol.

Former Rangers you miss:
I was a huge Gaborik fan and I miss Arty, I really liked him Dubinsky too. I loved Tyutin, Ortmeyer and Straka a lot too.

Love Tavares, I hate that he's on the Islanders. I'm a big fan of Patrice Bergeron too. Ironically two of my favorite players in the league were Brad Richards and Rick Nash before they were Rangers.

Any other sports:
Well, I consider myself a fan of the Yankees, Giants and Knicks. But I'm a casual fan to those sports. I'm not heart broken when they lose. Hockey is my favorite sport and really the only sport I care about so for me it's 99% Rangers.

I read on blueshirtbanter.com a lot and someone over there mentioned hfboards (i think they mentioned the stupid trade proposals) so I came over here and enjoyed the conversation. Now it's probably my most visited site.

On the couch. Occasionally go to a bar with friends or to friends' houses to watch but I like watching at home more for some reason. I'm not a recluse but I like watching at home and paying attention most games. I know so much about hockey and obsess over the Rangers so much that I find the need to watch the games at home and analyze.

Last edited by Glen Sathers Cigar: 07-14-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Glen Sathers Cigar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Miz

Name:
Mike

Where are you from:
Central CT

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Whalers left, it was a toss up between Bruins or NYR. Wolfpack came into town and derek armstrong threw me a puck. Was a fan ever since.

After the 2004 lockout, against the devils. I remember Prucha winning it in the 4th round of the shootout

Favorite Ranger:
Leetch. I secretly loved Jamie Lundmark too.

Best Ranger moment:
Went to a few viewing parties at either mohegan or foxwoods and got to meet Graves, Matteau, Dugay, and others.

Former Rangers you miss:
Currently playing? Prust or Jagr

Love American players...Kane, Brown, Quick. Used to play hockey with Bonino.

Any other sports:
Huge Giants fan and causally follow the Knicks and Magic.

Back in 01-02. I use to go on hockeybird when someone on the message boards posted a link to this site. Have followed ever since, used to post under another user name back in '06 ish.

Lazy boy with a brewski

Miz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 05:36 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
I thought you were 9?
I'll pretend to be however old you want me to be.

Cresto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 07:19 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

am i the only one who started singing The Rolling Stones when they saw the title of the thread?

Name: Teresa

Where are you from: South Brooklyn, NYC.

How old:

Rangers fan since:
1994. might have actually ended up an Islander fan, had the Rangers not won the Cup in 94. *shudders*

i honestly don't remember the date, which makes me sad, but i know it was in 2000 because Richter was still there, and he happened to not be playing that night. it was either against the Tampa Bay Lightning or the San Jose Sharks. think it was Tampa, though.

Favorite Ranger: Past: Brian Leetch and Mike Richter. Present: Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan.

Best Ranger moment: any time i go and see them play the Devils and the crowd dogs Brodeur. not exactly a team moment, but a fan moment. i think my favorite team moment, though, and i was there for this, was the game vs Pittsburgh where Zherdev roofs one on Fleury with like 7 seconds left. and we ended up winning in a shootout. Hank stood on his head during that OT period. it was awesome.

Former Rangers you miss: this sounds really weird, but Freddy Sjostrom. guy had passion.

Any non-Rangers you like: there are too many to name. Eriksson, Datsyuk, Bergeron, Giroux, Hamonic, Eberle, Rinne...the list goes on, really.

Any other sports: i watch soccer on occasion. i really REALLY enjoy the X-Games and all that stuff. skateboarding, bmx. i uh...was raised a Jet fan but uh...they...yeah. i'm still a fan, but not so much of the offense. lets go Jets defense.

How did you find HF Boards: probably was just looking for more hockey to read about. it was the summer and i was hungry for the sport, so i searched for message boards and here i am

How do you watch Rangers games: usually alone. i yell at my tv when someone screws up/a non-call/David Clarkson or Danny Briere is on the screen

FultonReed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Muh
Beadle

vCash: 50
Name:
Mike

Where are you from:
Sloatsburg NY

How old:

Rangers fan since:
As long as I can remember, my mom is a big hockey fan

Sometime in the early 90's, cant remember the year. Against the Blues.

Favorite Ranger:
Lundqvist, Callahan

Best Ranger moment:
Obviously the cup, but Matteau!! was awesome too.

Former Rangers you miss:
Prust, Dubinsky

Bobby Ryan, and many others.

Any other sports:
Huge fan of all 4 major sports. Rangers, Giants, Mets, Knicks. I have Giants season tickets

Jbuds!

Regular season, I could watch with brother or whoever. But come playoff time, I watch alone in my room.

Added categories:

Favorite HFers:
Anyone who knows what they are talking about. I don't post much on this Ranger board, I do a lot of reading.

Favorite band/artist:
Queen and Talking Heads

Favorite TV Show:
Homeland, Newsroom, Big Bang Theory

Favorite movie:
Club Dread, Miracle

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:29 AM
iamthewalrus

vCash: 920
Name:
IAmTheWalrus (player formerly known as Mouse Cop)

Where are you from:
Connecticut. We have farms, UConn, and gambling

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Pretty young. Around 6 probably

When I was around 6 haha

Favorite Ranger:
Dubinsky(RIP), Mcdonagh

Best Ranger moment:
The 2012 season. Still don't see why any trades were made afterward and I'm still bitter.

Former Rangers you miss:
Dubinsky, Boogaard and Prust. Anisimov and Gaborik to a lesser extent

Dats, Ovi, Jack Johnson, P. Kane

Any other sports:
I've played baseball my entire life.

I honestly have no idea

I go to UConn and we only get NESN, no MSG so I usually stream. Although there are many streams that are higher quality than the **** cable I get at school. Not many of my friends watch hockey, and those who do are Bruins fans

iamthewalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Captain Monglobster

Name:
Steve

Where are you from:
Born in Queens, raised in LI

How old:
28 in two weeks

Rangers fan since:
I was indoctrinated by my father since before I could walk

1990 Rangers v Penguins. You can guess who won that one.

Favorite Ranger:
Adam Graves. First one to stick up for a teammate, last one off the ice. Lucky enough to attend a meet and greet w/him a few years back, only two other people there so got to talk hockey with my only sports hero.

Best Ranger moment:
The Cup

Meeting Messier on Messier Night - Me and a friend sitting in the 400s, we hear a weird commotion up behind us I turn around and Mess is standing there with a giant smile, his hands held out like Jesus, and people draped all over him. I climbed up the chairs and grabbed a piece of his hand. He had been going around the 400s by elevator to surprise fans. It was a religious experience.

Former Rangers you miss:
Bure, Barnaby, Avery, Zubov, Domi

Lucic, Emery, Mike Richards, Evander Kane, Roenick, Ciccarelli, Hasek

Any other sports:
Giants

Probably looking up who the **** Hugh Jessiman was

Listening to this in my head

Still get goosebumps

Last edited by Captain Monglobster: 07-14-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Name:
Steve

Where are you from:
Long Island

How old:

Rangers fan since:

Favorite Ranger:
Captain Cally, Eddie Giacomin

Best Ranger moment:
1994 Belmont race track Eddie Olyzcyk brought the Cup, and my son and I took pictures with it

Proudest moment:
My son has been a member of the Rangers game night staff for 4 years

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 10:59 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

My favorite Rangers moment is when Marcel Dionne cried like a baby in an interview with Prime Ticket from some golf course after he was traded for Carpenter in 1987.

He kept saying "I don't want to leave L.A." over and over again and was crying in his hands.

On the real, though, the 6-0 comaback agains the Caps.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:03 AM
NYR27

Name:
NYR27

Where are you from:
Grew up on Long Island (lake grove)....now living in Baltimore

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Can't remember....it was passed to me by my grandfather and mom and I have been watching games since I can remember

Too young to remember by the first game I remember being at was a pat verbeek OT winner at the garden. I remember withing games on Tv....my first vivid game memory onto was Lindy Ruff against Mario Brunetta penalty shot...Ruff scored....Sam with the call

Favorite Ranger:
Vanbiesbruck....I called him pee head cuz I couldn't pronounce his name as a kid...loved Graves as a kid....was crushed when he went to SJ...now Hank or Cally, with Mac Truck fast growing

Best Ranger moment:
Stanley cup. Hands down. I remember being in 5th grade and literally crying when they lost game six....I was sure they were finished and the forever cynic was born

Former Rangers you miss:
For some reason losing Niklas Sundstrom always bothered me....wanted better for the Ferraro bros

Ovechkin....wish everyone played hockey like that....and Luongo....I just met him and his gfamily at Disney about 3 weeks ago and he was just super super nice and down to earth

Any other sports:
Yankees and Giants....and I played lacrosse growing up and had a scholarship to play in college so I love the game

Internet search at the best job ever in college...overnight security at the freshman girls dorm.....it was never boring but HF was a big reason why

NHLCI....on my recliner in my basement....like a habit

NYR27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:28 AM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Name: Drew

Where are you from: Brooklyn

How old: 16

Rangers fan since: Watched a bit pre-05 lockout, but really got into watching more during the 05-06 season.

First Rangers match you attended: Rangers @ Devils in 06. Can't remember the score or the date, but I remember that the Rangers lost. First game at MSG was the following year against Toronto. The Rangers won that game and I believe Avery had 2 goals.

Favorite Ranger: Derek Stepan and Henrik Lundqvist.

Best Ranger moment: Can't say I have a particular favorite moment. The 2012 Playoffs brought a lot of awesome memories and there are a couple of scattered memories over the years. Best moment at the Garden would have to be Adam Graves's retirement night, Callahan's first hat trick or the 2011 comeback game against the Bruins when Prospal scored 2 goals and Cally broke his leg.

Former Rangers you miss: Naslund, Leetch, Zherdev (Dem skills), Jagr and Straka

Any non-Rangers you like: Duchene, Grabner, OEL, C. Wilson, P. Kane, Varlamov and Zetterberg

Any other sports: Mets and Jets.

How did you find HF Boards: Saw it mentioned on an old board 2 years ago and decided to give it a shot. I don't post frequently and pretty much lurk at this point, but I'll post if summoned or I feel the need to provide input.

How do you watch Rangers games: Typically by myself or with my dad at home. Nothing special besides sitting on the couch and staring at the television.

That Stepan Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:51 AM
EvilEmpire94

Name:
EvilEmpire94 (Bryan)

Where are you from:
Long Island, NY

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Early/Mid-90ís

A Tampa Bay Lightning game at the garden in 1995

Favorite Ranger:
Current Ranger: Marc Staal
Former: Jagr

Best Ranger moment:
Marc Staal scoring shorthanded to tie the game against the Pens.

Former Rangers you miss:
Probably Jagr, but Dubi and Artie as well.

Tavares, Logan Coture, Brent Burns. I really wish we could get Brent Burns. His toughness and all-around game would be much appreciated here.

Any other sports:
NFL sort of. Jets fan here

Googled for an active Rangers forum

With my family or when Iím up at college I have a few people there that I watch with.

Favorite Band:
System of a Down

Favorite TV show:
Breaking Bad, The IT Crowd

Favorite Movie:
Batman Returns

EvilEmpire94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:58 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Name:
John (formerly Coldshot, GretzNYR99)

Where are you from:
Long Island, NY

How old:
I'll be 28 in November

Rangers fan since:
90-91. Kelly Kisio was still the captain at the time.

I was there for Messier's first game as a Ranger.

Favorite Ranger:
All-time: Gretz, Mess, LaFontaine, Leetch. Previous: Amonte, Gartner, Zubov. Current: Stepan, Nash, McD, Hank

Best Ranger moment:
Being at over 10 games of the 94 cup run, including all 4 against the islanders. Seeing Richter putting up back to back 6-0 shutouts against the isles was golden. Oh and Gretzky's magical run in 97.

Former Rangers you miss:
Jagr (from his first season), Fleury (before substance abuse - was leading the league in scoring in 01) and the Czechmates Line.

Current: Kopitar (arguably my favorite in all of hockey right now), Doughty, Datsyuk, Stamkos, Toews, P. Kane, M. Richards, Perry

Any other sports:
Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Wrestling (prefer old-school), MMA

I used to speak a lot with RangerSteve and followed him from HockeyTradeRumors.com to here. That place was a real ****show. No moderation whatsoever.

Home, out, wherever. I've also had access to out of market games since 1998. I also regularly watch the
Kings, Hawks, Blues and Oilers and have been for a long time. Used to watch Vancouver a lot before the Bertuzzi incident.

Favorite Band(s): Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Foo Fighters, Slayer, Led Zeppelin, Alice In Chains, Sublime, 311, A Day To Remember, Bayside, Rancid, Pennywise, NOFX, Notorious BIG, Nas, DMX. I listen to almost everything except for country, house, EDM, garbage like that.

Favorite Movie(s): Slapshot, American History X, American Psycho, Empire Records, Fight Club, Rounders, Star Wars

Last edited by CM Lundqvist: 07-14-2013 at 12:12 PM.
CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 12:11 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
am i the only one who started singing The Rolling Stones when they saw the title of the thread?
I was going to respond with "hope you guessed my name". Didn't think anyone would understand though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
Listening to this in my head

Still get goosebumps
Still hate that they got rid of that theme.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 12:44 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Name:
Kevin

Where are you from:
Middletown, New Jersey

How old:

Rangers fan since:
98-99 season. It's tough to remember when exactly because I was only 8 years old, but it was the first time I went to a game. I started following the team intensely right after the lockout. Always a casual fan before that.

Rangers vs. Predators sometime back in 99. I remember Graves scored and Beukeboom fought some guy. It was awesome.

Favorite Ranger:
McDonagh. Use to be Callahan, but he sometimes has a tendency to dive. It's pretty annoying to watch. McD is just a world class athlete. And I love my Americans.

Best Ranger moment:
Has to be Gaborik's Triple OT winner. I was sitting in my Rutgers dorm studying for a final. I was studying in between breaks and sitting on the edge of my seat during game play. Gabby scored and I started jumping up and down in my dorm. Luckily my roommate was gone because he would have been pissed. I ended up having to pull an all nighter and got a D on my final, but it was 100% worth it.

Former Rangers you miss:
Adam Graves (favorite Ranger of all time). Anisimov, Dubinsky, Betts, Sjostrom, Drury, Prospal

David Backes, Pavel Datsyuk, James van Riemsdyk and Bobby Ryan

Any other sports:
I like all sports, but my favorite after hockey would be either football or soccer.

Just browsing the web

On my TV in my basement or in my room.

Added categories:

Favorite HFers:
Too many to name. Solid people all around

Favorite band/artist:
Streetlight Manifesto and Dropkick Murphys

Favorite TV Show:
Breaking Bad, The Sopranos

Favorite movie:
The Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars, Goodfellas, Forrest Gump and Pulp Fiction

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
We have a lot of guys here in their 40s and 50s.
And isn't chosen like 75?

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 12:56 PM
HankTheTankYoLo

Name:
HankTheTankYolo (formerly knownd as frolundasweden)

Where are you from:
Gouthenburg Sweden

How old:

Rangers fan since:
I became a rangers fan after that Henrik Lundqvist went to Rangers after Frolunda won Elitserien 2004/05 (the lockout)

I havent been on any game yet, was supposed to do that this year, but when i was in NY it was lockout

Favorite Ranger:
Henrik Lundqvist, Legend in Frolunda, will be a Legend in NY, comes from Frolunda, Vezina, now just give him the cu

Best Ranger moment:
2012 season is my best Rangers moment, becuase it was that season i started to watch every game, it isnt easy to watch NHL games here in sweden cuz they playing on the night, but 2012 season i saw every ranger game!

Former Rangers you miss:
Artem Anisimov and Jagr

Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Ovechkin and Sergej Bobrovsky

Any other sports:
In sweden it is Frolunda Indians who is my team and i have had season tickets since i was 6 years old.
I also watches alot of soccer games, and there my team is GAIS (local team) And in europe i like Manchester United.
I can watch basketball sometimes and then it is Knicks cuz i find Carmelo Anthony amazing

I searched for trade rumours and stuffs like that, and i got to HF site, then i have been around alot on mock drafts etc. so this site is perfect, i learn more about NHL, english etc.

Almost every time rangers plays the time is 01.00 in the night, and it is hard to be awake cuz schools starts 09.00.

But mostly times i watch it on a stream and have the GDT thread up and posting etc.
And sometimes on the weekends etc i watch the games on my TV.

LGR 2013/14

HankTheTankYoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Name:
Matt

Where are you from:
Westchester

How old:
18 in September

Rangers fan since:
After watching a few games before the lockout year and became a big fan the year after.

Jan.28,2004 against the Caps, Lindros got concussed again that game in a loss, one of the three losses I've been in attendance (26-3)

Favorite Ranger:
Two favorites right now are Stepan and McD

Best Ranger moment:
Probably the OT win in Pitt a few years ago, Grandma passed away the night before in Italy and got me distracted during that time

Former Rangers you miss:
Jagr was one of the big reasons why I started to love the game and the Rangers, loved Avery too, and loved Ortmeyer, put his heart out on the ice.

Datsyuk, Letang, Bobby Ryan, and Stamkos

Any other sports:
Huge Knicks and Jets fan, casual Falcons fan(love Matt Ryan), hate baseball, and love soccer(Inter,Man City,Borrussia, and Barca)

My older cousin read the site and showed me and decided to join too

Days games in my room, Night games in my living room(very superstitious)
Without the GDT bc the **** that goes in there makes me pissed off about the team even more

Ave Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 01:54 PM
RangerBlues

Name: John

Where are you from: Born, raised and still reside in the beautiful Bronx

How old: 43

Rangers fan since: Forever

First Rangers match you attended: 1976 Vs Buffalo. They lost 6-2

Favorite Ranger: Brian Leetch
Best Ranger moment: At Game 7 Vs the Devils, and Game 7 winning the Cup with my newborn son in my lap(at home)

Former Rangers you miss: John Davidson

Any non-Rangers you like: Clarke Gillies, Scott Stevens, Patrick Roy, Joe Sakik, Mike Modono. Alaxander Ovetchkin. Jeremy Ronick, the list is endless.

Any other sports: Baseball. Yankees Baseball

How did you find HF Boards: Dont remember

How do you watch Rangers games: On TV

RangerBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 04:01 PM
petejudge

Name:
Pete Judge

Where are you from:
Queens originally, Westbury Long Island now

How old:

Rangers fan since:
Grew up in a Rangers family..watched most of the games with my brother since the time I was a toddler. Had a few years around 10-13 where we didn't have cable and I focused more on my own hockey/lacrosse playing, but then got back into watching in HS and have been a diehard since

It was a Rangers/Islanders game at the Coliseum, wish I knew the year but I'm pretty sure it was the 97-98 season. Was never able to afford games growing up, this was a pretty big deal and my first sports game period

Favorite Rangers:
All-Time are Adam Graves and Dave Maloney. Currently, Callahan and Moore

Best Ranger moment:
Vague memories of the 94 cup run, mostly remembering the experience with my family more than the games themselves.

Former Rangers you miss:
Dubinsky, Dawes

Evander and Patrick Kane, Oshie, Dubinsky

Any other sports:
Loves the Knicks and Jets, watch a little Mets but not hyped about it

User Jonathan. Was lurking for a long time before I actually started posting

TV usually

Added categories:

Favorite band/artist:
The Fullblast, Judge, Hum

Favorite TV Show:
Trailer Park Boys, Arrested Development, The Wire

Last edited by petejudge: 07-14-2013 at 04:11 PM.
petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

I think you're supposed to give your first name in real life for name. I think we all know what our usernames are

Cresto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
I think you're supposed to give your first name in real life for name. I think we all know what our usernames are
Check the OP. Do you really think my parents named me Pass art by Brassard? Would be cool though

07-14-2013, 04:10 PM
petejudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
Usually why I just make my username my real name haha

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote