HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Habs should be focused on the RFA defencemen and acquiring the best one to suit Subban as their 1st pairing, even if that cost is two 1st's and a 2nd round picks. A. Pietrangelo and A. Bogosian being two Dmen that are up for new contracts this summer. This would give them opportunity to fill out the forwards necessary to build a dynasty in the near future.
Great idea. Poach other teams top RFA's. I'm sure they won't match offer sheets for their franchise players at all.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Habs should be focused on the RFA defencemen and acquiring the best one to suit Subban as their 1st pairing, even if that cost is two 1st's and a 2nd round picks. A. Pietrangelo and A. Bogosian being two Dmen that are up for new contracts this summer. This would give them opportunity to fill out the forwards necessary to build a dynasty in the near future.
Might be able to get a 1st and two seconds/equivalent prospects by moving Markov and Gionta. So our stream of incoming talent wouldn't be hampered too badly. It would pretty well guarantee us being saddled with a bad contract though if we're to keep WPG/STL from matching. Subban would also expect a similar or greater salary when negotiating his new contract. Risky but could be worth it.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:58 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Great idea. Poach other teams top RFA's. I'm sure they won't match offer sheets for their franchise players at all.
Just an attention grabber, the Habs have never resorted to these tactics and won't unless provoked I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Might be able to get a 1st and two seconds/equivalent prospects by moving Markov and Gionta. So our stream of incoming talent wouldn't be hampered too badly. It would pretty well guarantee us being saddled with a bad contract though if we're to keep WPG/STL from matching. Subban would also expect a similar or greater salary when negotiating his new contract. Risky but could be worth it.
As above there are always ways to acquire these talents, teams only need to become creative, as you've shown. Having the required draft choices is the better alternative to forcing a move.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You really disliked the poor AK.
Him and Kovalev, no doubt. The thing is while I appreciate talent, I strongly dislike lazyness while I respect a constant, genuine effort. If a player has both, the better.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Him and Kovalev, no doubt. The thing is while I appreciate talent, I strongly dislike lazyness while I respect a constant, genuine effort. If a player has both, the better.
You must have detested cammy. Laziest player I've ever seen.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
You must have detested cammy. Laziest player I've ever seen.
If by lazy you mean a sniper.. yes. Sniper tend to look lazy, or floater, but that's just how they got succeful, by buzzing around in the slot and scoring goals. Typical winger sniper.

The difference between Cammy and Kostitsyn, Cammy was bringing it come playoff time.

Old
07-14-2013, 06:35 PM
TT1

soooooo

"sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 42m
@Eklund Rumor from RDS is that Sabres, Oilers, and Canadiens talking 3 team trade. Hearing anything similiar?

"Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 6m
@sciffa yup"

Old
07-14-2013, 06:39 PM
HABS win CUPS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Working in QC city airport, we often get to see the regional hockey players (just saw Tanguay yesterday. I said ''hello Mr. Tanguay!'' and looked so shy and slightly embarassed. no wonder he didn't stay long in Mtl.). Anyways one of my very hockey intensive (and sadly pro Nordiques) collegue had a talk with Vermette. When asked if he'd be happy if the Coyotes moved to Qc so he could play here he basically answered ''LOL no'' (I'm paraphrasing obviously ) and said he likes it much better when its quiet and no pressure.

So yeah, I doubt he'd sign in Montreal.

thats sad

Old
07-14-2013, 07:05 PM
MDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
soooooo

"sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 42m
@Eklund Rumor from RDS is that Sabres, Oilers, and Canadiens talking 3 team trade. Hearing anything similiar?

@sciffa yup"

Eklund? Nothing will happen.

Edit -
sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 3h

@EdmCaper @JimmyFingers315 rumor is:Edm get Price & Mont D. Buf gets Gionta, Edm Star, 2 2nds, McCarron. Mont gets Vanek and Miller.
----

fake, lol.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:10 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDN View Post

Edit -
sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 3h

@EdmCaper @JimmyFingers315 rumor is:Edm get Price & Mont D. Buf gets Gionta, Edm Star, 2 2nds, McCarron. Mont gets Vanek and Miller.
----

fake, lol.
looooooool

Old
07-14-2013, 07:14 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:

Edit -
sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 3h

----

fake, lol.
Quote:
soooooo

"sal ciffa ‏@sciffa 42m

@sciffa yup"

Quote:
looooooool
HAHAHAHA, not happening!!

Old
07-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Price My Man Crush

Ahahahahaha, bonne joke. Will laugh again.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Coldplay
Courage

That may be the worst rumor of all time.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The future cup-contending core is:

Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Eller
Pacioretty
-------
Subban
Emelin
Tinordi
Beaulieu
Diaz
------
Price
That's not really how it works though. Teams that have won the cups in recent years had great young talent drafted early in the draft. We do have Price and Galchenyuk (and Subban) that we can count on, but I doubt Bergevin has any of those other names you wrote above as UNTOUCHABLES.

Team status change every off-season. Lots of things come into play. Great seasons, down seasons, injuries, playoff successes. A guy like Eller or Gallagher probably wouldnt have been so up high on our depth chart last off-season. Things change. Teams winning the cup don't identify a 'core', they just try and build the best teams possible, every year, and that's an everyday work.

You can never know when your team clicks and goes on a deep run. Look at us when we went to the east finals with Halak, that wasn't supposed to happen. But it did. We were not supposed to contend. GMs evaluate their teams as the season goes along and make necessary changes, depending on if they are contending, middle of the pack or rebuilding. Nobody knows where they will be at the start of the season, regardless of their core players.

What I'm saying is basically, Eller could never be the same after his concussion, Tinordi could become Komisarek and Beaulieu could be traded in a package. You just never know. Therefore I don't think we should identify a window in which we are supposed to win, but just go along and make the needed changes when Bergevin judges necesary. For exemple, last year we were on top of the conference, but didn't make any major moves at the deadline. Even though we were 2nd, the 7th seeded Ottawa manhandled us. We missed our chance. We ran into injuries and cold streaks. Price had lost his confidence

I believe that ya gotta do what ya gotta do when the time comes. Bergevin will know when the team is ready and go for it. He hasn't established a time in advance though, and the youngsters we have right now might not be the ones with whom we win it all. Who knows if at the deadline everyone is on fire, and suddenly Philly offers Giroux for Galchenyuk and Bergevin is like, let's go all in. You can't know these things in advance.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
HAHAHAHA, not happening!!
Could you imagine if this is the one time that Eklund or one of his people get something Habs related right?

Old
07-14-2013, 07:31 PM
pcamp

So in this rumored trade we give Price, a Def , Gionta, McCarron for a year each of Vanek and Miller... Hope it isnt true

Old
07-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Price hasn't been very good these last two years, but I'd cut my left nut if we get Miller as a replacement.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:46 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUHeffToBMad View Post
Price hasn't been very good these last two years, but I'd cut my left nut if we get Miller as a replacement.
He was good during the 2011-2012 season...without him this team would have had a worse record.

EDIT: I'm talking about Price but yes, I agree about Miller. He has never been the same since Lucic destroyed him.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
He was good during the 2011-2012 season...without him this team would have had a worse record.

EDIT: I'm talking about Price but yes, I agree about Miller. He has never been the same since Lucic destroyed him.
I think that his performance in 2011-2012 was insulated by the overall debacle of the team. He's been displaying the same kind of inconsistency since his great season in 2010-2011. But we can agree to disagree, I don't wanna turn this into a Price thread.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:53 PM
MDN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Could you imagine if this is the one time that Eklund or one of his people get something Habs related right?
Montreal would riot

Old
07-14-2013, 08:25 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Quote:
Montreal would riot
Hell would probably freeze over if and when it happens.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
There's a difference between lazyness and not having that second gear. Don't think you can call these people lazy.

Old
07-14-2013, 08:37 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Part of me is morbidly curious how the NHL world would react to Price playing for another team. Would he suddenly be considered a top-tier goalie? Would he flounder? Would the Habs look like fools or shrewd businessmen?

Old
07-14-2013, 08:49 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Part of me is morbidly curious how the NHL world would react to Price playing for another team. Would he suddenly be considered a top-tier goalie? Would he flounder? Would the Habs look like fools or shrewd businessmen?
The nhl world would be in utter shock....we would look like downsyndromed monkeys

Old
07-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Habitant le colon

In Eklund Wet dreams :

MTL : Vanek Miller
Edmonton : Price Diaz Stafford
Buffalo : Montreal ans Edmonton 2nd 2014, McCarron, Yakupov, Gionta

Closed Thread