HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Marlies Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2013, 08:32 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

vCash: 500
Having watched the Marlies quite a bit the past two years, I believe we'll be seeing Brennan, Holzer and D'Amigo as the extra men with the Leafs, and Colborne as the 4th line C.

With that in mind, I think the Marlies line-up will look similar to this...

Ashton - Smith - Abbott
Leivo - McKegg - Biggs
Ross - Carrick - Ryan
Broll - Crescenzi - Bodie
Devane

Marshall - Blacker
Percy - Granberg
MacWilliam - ______

MacIntyre
Sparks

I think we'll have a couple more signings for dmen and perhaps one more C signing. The dmen signings will push players down a spot and the other will be the extra man, while the C will likely be a for the Top 6.

It's one hell of a grinding team, we'll be fighting for a bottom playoff spot, but it will be a fun team to watch with all the kids.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:11 AM
The Nic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinae View Post
With players that are currently under contract (only assumptions made are Ashton and Holzer making the Leafs and Abbott re-signing as RFA)

Leivo - Wright - Abbott
D'Amigo - McKegg - Ross
Broll - Ryan - Biggs
Devane - Crescenzi - Lasch

*Wright and Abbott are without a question the best offensive players on this team and will likely be paired together on the top scoring line. I think Leivo is a really good fit with them as he adds size and is skilled.
*D'Amigo and Ross both have chemistry with McKegg afaik so this is a line based solely on familiarity. McKegg and D'Amigo are probably the 3rd and 4th best forwards on the roster and Ross should add a physical presence and be given a chance on a scoring line.
*Broll and Biggs and Devane... that's just messed up dude. That's scary messed up. This team is big and mean and scary. Ryan, Carrick and Crescenzi all good soldiers, defensive players.

Brennan - Blacker
Marshall - Granberg
Percy - MacWilliam

*idk the defense is up in the air. Management will likely add another veteran. I don't see a place on the Leafs for Brennan and view Gardiner, Franson, Liles and Rielly as superior options.

MacIntyre
Sparks
The roster as it stands right now would not be competitive... but I'm sure that there are still more veteran minor leaguers to be added. Smith and Bodie missing from this list... I expect at least 2 or 3 more signings up front and on defense. The jump from junior to the AHL is surprisingly tough... and the youngsters need veteran leadership.

Who the heck is Wright?

Last edited by The Nic: 07-14-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old
07-14-2013, 09:45 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

I'm excited to see what Kenny Ryan can do with increased responsibility. He thrived in Windsor, when he was handed the increased role, and he became a vital part of all aspects of the Spits' approach. Spott has seen this first-hand, so I'm hoping he gives him the opportunity.

There's hardly a player anywhere that will give you that kind of effort, and that kind of devotion to the cause, on a shift-to-shift basis.

Old
07-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Machinae

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nic View Post
The roster as it stands right now would not be competitive... but I'm sure that there are still more veteran minor leaguers to be added. Smith and Bodie missing from this list... I expect at least 2 or 3 more signings up front and on defense. The jump from junior to the AHL is surprisingly tough... and the youngsters need veteran leadership.

Who the heck is Wright?
Wow.. I wrote Wright instead of Smith. How is that even possible. Who the hell is Wright?

Old
07-31-2013, 02:46 PM
TOG26

https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/statu...57868572405763

Spencer Abbott signed to a 1 year deal. Interesting to see what he can do with the Marlies next year. Had a pretty good year last year for his rookie season. Even though his age, never know....

Old
07-31-2013, 02:55 PM
BertCorbeau
The Sidebartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG26 View Post
https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/statu...57868572405763

Spencer Abbott signed to a 1 year deal. Interesting to see what he can do with the Marlies next year. Had a pretty good year last year for his rookie season. Even though his age, never know....
Could be a later bloomer ... Not very big, but small and fast .. Lots of skill .. One of our few skilled prospects

Quite happy the resigned him ... A big year this year with the Marlies is very plausible IMO, if there's a top 6 injury to the Leafs he could get a call up

Noticed on Capgeek we gave Gibson a 3 year deal, as does Sparks ... I'm very happy that these two tenders in our system will have 3 full years of development to put it ... They've got some upside if they develop properly

Old
08-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Dylan Yeo has also been re-signed to an AHL deal.

https://twitter.com/KyleTheReporter/...80477910904832

08-02-2013, 11:13 PM
BIitz
RIP LL

Could be the captain eh?

Old
08-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
Could be the captain eh?
Yeah, possibly. There's been alotta changes to the roster over the offseason and he's one of the few veteran guys that stayed.

Old
08-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Sergei Berezin

Yeo?

Last season was his first season with the Marlies and he bounced around the lineup.... he played forward and defence... I don't think he's captain material...

Old
08-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Sergei Berezin

Holzer will most likely get the C, even if he's bound to play games with the big club.

Old
08-09-2013, 02:23 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

I still hope we can sign Stefan Della Rovere.

Always been a big fan of him, Marlies can use a few more forwards and Della Rovere needs a fresh start, maybe he can refound his game with us.

Old
08-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
I still hope we can sign Stefan Della Rovere.

Always been a big fan of him, Marlies can use a few more forwards and Della Rovere needs a fresh start, maybe he can refound his game with us.
Agreed. really don't mind giving him a shot however we are prolly not going to due to us giving our prospect more time this time around.

08-09-2013, 11:32 PM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

It's going to be exciting to follow the Marlies this season with few AHL vets and so many fresh faces. Not going to win a lot but seeing so many prospects get a chance will be worth it.

Old
08-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Bullseye
straight shooter

Keys to Marlies ad Leaf's season:

Find a replacement for Komorov. (Carter Ashton?)
Hope Franson and Fraser have the same mojo. (May be Ranger and Fraser if they don't sign Franson)
Hope Gunnarsson justifies his salary. (They must see something in his game I don't)
Hope Vesa Bernier isn't the stiff I firmly believe he is. (Too small, too selfish, too many holes imho)

Marlies Captaincy candidates:

D'Amigo, Ranger (thinking Holzer will be traded)

Marlies to watch:

Broll, Ross (waiting for the "dirt bag"), Leivo.

Devane. With Broll and Biggs around what is his role with the Marlies. I always liked his size but is he on the outside now?

Carrick is the kind of player Carlisle is constantly looking for. Wouldn't be surprised to this guy succeed with the Marlies and get a shot with the Leafs sometime during the season.

Old
08-15-2013, 11:54 AM
feeel10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
I heard broll crushed Finn today in a scrimmage and Finn was slow to get up
Granberg too got destroyed by broll.. Im not sure if its a case of broll beeing a real monster or our d prospects not beeing quite ready to handle playing with stronger competition..

Old
08-15-2013, 12:09 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeel10 View Post
Granberg too got destroyed by broll.. Im not sure if its a case of broll beeing a real monster or our d prospects not beeing quite ready to handle playing with stronger competition..
broll is a monster.

Old
08-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Yeah, Broll is a monster.

He will fit in nicely with the Leafs soon

Old
08-15-2013, 01:34 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

I'm excited to see percy develop with the marlies.

Old
08-15-2013, 01:58 PM
The Saurus

For more competition in net at the AHL and ECHL level, why not sign SJ Broadt out of the University of Delaware? He was quite impressive in his four years there, winning MVP honours in 2011-12.

Old
08-15-2013, 02:14 PM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
For more competition in net at the AHL and ECHL level, why not sign SJ Broadt out of the University of Delaware? He was quite impressive in his four years there, winning MVP honours in 2011-12.
Quite a few players that could be added to AHL deals for depth purposes. We lost quite a bit of it this past off-season.

Spott did say they would run a much younger team but you still need a pro veteran or two to help out the younger players. Losing Ziggy, Hamilton, Mottau, Gysbers, Acton, Scott, etc hurts a lot.

With that said, I'm really glad they are finally going with a younger lineup and giving their young players the keys. They won't be dominant probably but it should help their development.

Old
08-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
I'd agree that internal competition never hurts, but the Leafs kinda already have enough goalies in the organization, IMO. Reimer and Bernier in the NHL. MacIntyre in the AHL and Sparks/Gibson should compete with each other for the backup role with the Marlies, with the loser of that battle going down to the ECHL. Also, keep in mind they share their ECHL affiliation with the Minnesota Wild, so theoretically the Leafs get one of the goalie spots with Orlando and the Wild get the other. Plus they just drafted Bibeau, who is eligible to turn pro next year because he's a '94.

Old
08-15-2013, 02:54 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Marlies are speculated to want to go with 14 forwards and 8 defenseman on the year.

Kyle Cicerella (@KyleTheReporter) posted a rough lineup with who are most likely Marlie bound as of now:

http://kylethereporter.com/2013/08/0...013-14-season/

D'Amigo - Smith - Ashton
Leivo - McKegg - Abbott
Ross - Crescenzi - Biggs
Broll - Carrick - Ryan
Devane, Bodie

MacWilliam - Holzer
Brennan - Blacker
Percy - Granberg
Yeo - Marshall

MacIntyre
Sparks
Gibson

Very young team this season that hopefully won't get into injury trouble.

08-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
Marlies are speculated to want to go with 14 forwards and 8 defenseman on the year.

Kyle Cicerella (@KyleTheReporter) posted a rough lineup with who are most likely Marlie bound as of now:

http://kylethereporter.com/2013/08/0...013-14-season/

D'Amigo - Smith - Ashton
Leivo - McKegg - Abbott
Ross - Crescenzi - Biggs
Broll - Carrick - Ryan
Devane, Bodie

MacWilliam - Holzer
Brennan - Blacker
Percy - Granberg
Yeo - Marshall

MacIntyre
Sparks
Gibson

Very young team this season that hopefully won't get into injury trouble.
Thanks. Are you the one responsible for the Leafs prospects grades for the draft and the prospect pool on HF? Just wondering if you know when they will be up since almost all but 3-4 teams have theirs done.

Old
08-16-2013, 08:18 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
broll is a monster.
whats his upside? is he like a less offensive clutterbuck?

could he be a 3rd liner? 4th liner like mclaren?

Closed Thread