HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 17.0 - The "overlords loves football" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2013, 10:46 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
The only one who was good tonight was Smith. He needs to start from now on. Some accountability is badly needed. Sit Bernier, Romero and Nesta. Not even put them on the 18, they don't deserve it. ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!
Only thing I dislike about Smith is that he doesn't run at defenders too often. Nyassi does it pretty well, he just gets the ball at his feet and runs at the opposing full-back. Would love to see Smith do that more often. I guess it comes with confidence though.

Got to say, loved Schalli's move to Sub off Romero. You don't see tactical subs like that so early in a match.

Last edited by LaurentHabs: 07-13-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old
07-13-2013, 11:51 PM
PyrettaBlaze

K so... on to the next game?

Old
07-14-2013, 12:02 AM
Captain Saku

For next game I would play 4-2-3-1

Felipe in for Paponi
Smith in for Romero
Warner in for Arnaud

Maybe Nyassi in for Mapp

I would also seriously think about using Bush instead of Perkins.

Problem on defense is that those are our best option, starting Iapichino, Lefevre or Ouimette would be a step backward.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:19 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

The problem with our defense has been effort and concentration. Maybe sitting Nesta would wake everybody up.

Last edited by JordanStaal#1Fan: 07-14-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old
07-14-2013, 01:04 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Last time Joey Saputo was utterly pissed, he kicked a garbage can and the Impact won the championship.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Last time Joey Saputo was utterly pissed, he kicked a garbage can and the Impact won the championship.
Instead of kicking garbage cans he should write a blank check to De Santis and tell him to get ****ing DP players.

Last edited by Maxpac: 07-14-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old
07-14-2013, 11:09 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Nick Sabetti ‏@NickSabetti 4m
Mondays Impact press conference postponed. Yeah. #IMFC #MLS
Wonder what the reason is. Holding out hope it's for a new signing but I'm doubtful it is.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Wonder what the reason is. Holding out hope it's for a new signing but I'm doubtful it is.
Maybe because Saputo scheduled his head to head meeting with the players on Monday

If Saputo and NDS are serious about aiming for the MLS cup this year, they should take serious actions then.

We already discussed a lot about what we should do, but here are again the moves that I would do to get the team back on track:

1) Trade Arnaud for an intl spot or for a CB or a LB
2) Release Rivas and bring in another defenseman to replace him
3) Sign a DP playmaker

We can't make too many moves in the middle of the season, but at season end, I don't renew any of Romero or Pisanu, and I think really hard about Felipe's role in the team (he's not an ideal starter IMO). I also assume Di Vaio and Nesta will both retire.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:27 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Maybe because Saputo scheduled his head to head meeting with the players on Monday

If Saputo and NDS are serious about aiming for the MLS cup this year, they should take serious actions then.

We already discussed a lot about what we should do, but here are again the moves that I would do to get the team back on track:

3) Sign a DP playmaker

We can't make too many moves in the middle of the season, but at season end, I don't renew any of Romero or Pisanu, and I think really hard about Felipe's role in the team (he's not an ideal starter IMO). I also assume Di Vaio and Nesta will both retire.
This team could look very different next season, but I do agree with those three points. Saputo needs to spend some cash on some DP's.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:15 PM
JunglePete

Quote:

3) Sign a DP playmaker

I HIGHLY doubt Saputa will trade the captain, he values him high. Plus, he is the one with the most experience in MLS in this team followed by Mapp and experience in this league is VITAL. Thats why Toronto FC goes nowhere even with all the quality they have/had. All previous MLS Cup winners had at least 3 players with 100+ Games LA(Donovan, Dunivant, Magee, Franklin) Colorado (Larentowicz, Mastroeni, Casey, Mullan, Moor...), plus Arnaud is one of the most respected players in the league it would be plain dumb to trade him or Mapp.

I expect more Sanna Nyassi to be waived, so we can clear up an Int spot for a potential DP or trade Felipe for a more Experienced AM and not released Rivas until we have someone in mind that can immediately take his spot

Old
07-14-2013, 01:15 PM
PyrettaBlaze

So, Crepeau made his debut today.. as a striker?!

Old
07-14-2013, 01:48 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Our priority should be to find a replacement for Rivas. I don't care if it's a CB or RB since we can move Camara to the middle. Nesta needs to rest. Offense hasn't been a problem this year until now so while a playmaker would be cool, it's not IMO a priority. Bernier and Felipe have good enough playmaking skills for this league.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Our priority should be to find a replacement for Rivas. I don't care if it's a CB or RB since we can move Camara to the middle. Nesta needs to rest. Offense hasn't been a problem this year until now so while a playmaker would be cool, it's not IMO a priority. Bernier and Felipe have good enough playmaking skills for this league.
It would be cool to have better playmakers on the wing. I'm not sold on Pisanu and Romero. While Smith has a very good potential, he is still young. I think it's the second priority (the first is the defence).

Old
07-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Nesta is obviously tired, Ferrari has his head in the clouds and Brovsky looks bad because of it. Camara looks silly sometimes with his sub-par passing, but he's been the most solid player during this slump.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
I HIGHLY doubt Saputa will trade the captain, he values him high. Plus, he is the one with the most experience in MLS in this team followed by Mapp and experience in this league is VITAL. Thats why Toronto FC goes nowhere even with all the quality they have/had. All previous MLS Cup winners had at least 3 players with 100+ Games LA(Donovan, Dunivant, Magee, Franklin) Colorado (Larentowicz, Mastroeni, Casey, Mullan, Moor...), plus Arnaud is one of the most respected players in the league it would be plain dumb to trade him or Mapp.

I expect more Sanna Nyassi to be waived, so we can clear up an Int spot for a potential DP or trade Felipe for a more Experienced AM and not released Rivas until we have someone in mind that can immediately take his spot
I don't understand how someone can be a captain when he looks pissed against his coach whenever he's subbed out. He looks like a big ******* when he does that.

Old
07-14-2013, 07:48 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
I don't understand how someone can be a captain when he looks pissed against his coach whenever he's subbed out. He looks like a big ******* when he does that.
Because he wants to play and help his team?

Old
07-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Because he wants to play and help his team?
We're not talking about Messi here. He's not the only one on the team that does that, but it's totally unnecessary coming from a captain.

Anyway, never liked Arnaud.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
I would give Nesta a rest like everyone is saying. Move Camera to the middle and play Ipachino on the left. As much as everyone rips into him around here he has played a couple decent games this year and is an option. Also only Di Vaio up front. I really think having someone else in the middle would help balance things.

Bernier has been good in a more defensive role (until a few weeks ago) Felipe is good going forward - I think with Arnaud or Warner in there it would help a ton.

They seem to not be focused for the first 10 - 15 mins of games lately and it is proving next to impossible to get back on track after that. Players try and start doing to much by themselves and it looks like puke.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:25 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Well in his game vs Chivas he was probably mad at himself with the way he played but his sub out vs NYRB he probably was thinking that he was one of the few to actually care (whereas Bernier, Camara, Romero, Ferrari just seemed completely careless specially Bernier). And Yes Nesta needs a 2 game rest.

Old
07-15-2013, 05:06 AM
gelu88

So we got into a bit of a situation on NY, on the way to the match.

I was discussing it over at BigSoccer, bit I figure I'll copy paste it here as well.

Quote:
Not sure this is the best place for this, but I was with the Montreal Ultras as they traveled to Harrison this past weekend.

We got into a bit of a situation with the police that was interesting.

Of lesser significance:

A few of us gathered in front of the World Trade Centre and the PATH train Terminal, and the chant of "New York Red Bulls... Are Full of ****" went up.
This was in front of hundreds of tourists, as well as a number of cops, but there was no reaction other than a few strange looks. It did not last long, only 20-30 seconds.

A bit later though, as most of us gathered to board the train, we started doing our thing, standard march to the match stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUOfUiYsXw4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQU3HiP0ksE

Most people gave us strange looks or were amused/bemused but some lady started screaming at us. Saying we were too loud and were disrupting. One of us replied "we are only singing"

At some point before the train was going to depart cops showed up. I can't say if they were confused or genuinely concerned, but they wanted us all to get off the train.

Luckily a few of our leaders got out to explain who we were and what we were doing, and they let the train leave. Though those individuals were detained.

We chanted on and off till we got to RBA, and were concerned that the ones left behind would be arrested or fined. They did show up later though, unfortunately I am unaware of what they went through.

I am wondering if our actions are unique or not. What do Philly or DC fans do when they come over? I know their rivalry is quite fierce.
Just FYI.

Despite the loss, the experience was super fun.

Old
07-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

To me this whole slide has been about Shalilbaum being too afraid to hurt Nesta's pride by sitting him. Camara's natural position is up the middle, not on the wings. Romero is horrendous defensively, he really doesn't like to track back.

When you add up all these factors, Nesta's lack of energy, Camara playing out of position, Romero being lazy, you get easy goals by the opposition.

I can guarantee that Smith will replace Romero to start games for now on. He shows more willingness to track back, and has proven to be just as effective lately on the offensive side of the ball.

Camara must replace Nesta every once in a while, or simply play Camara, Nesta, Ferrari on a rotation and insert Iapachino back into the lineup. The schedule has been way more intense of late, and thats why you see our backline much more out of gas. Shalilbaum's mistake was just rotating midfielders. He should have been rotating defenders as well.

Question: Is Ubiparipovic a player taking up an Int'l spot? I doubt it, but if he is, just waive him. Otherwise, try to get rid of Rivas. I disagree about dropping Nyassi or Arnaud.

Old
07-15-2013, 12:38 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post

Question: Is Ubiparipovic a player taking up an Int'l spot? I doubt it, but if he is, just waive him. Otherwise, try to get rid of Rivas. I disagree about dropping Nyassi or Arnaud.
No he is American and I would like to see the Rodriguez play at least a cameo.

Old
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
_vivelequebec_

WTF Schallibaum to be replaced?!

http://www.mlssoccer.com/es/news/art...ontreal-impact

Old
07-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vivelequebec_ View Post
Wow..... shocking news

Old
07-15-2013, 12:56 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

“@PabloJinko: According to Antena 2 from Colombia Juan Carlos Osorio would be the next Montreal Impact coach. #IMFC http://t.co/W8yw21t3ht”

Wtf...

Closed Thread