HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Anything Goes 9: Summer's Here! Festivals Abound!

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Trance Kuja
Burning Heart.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Wow, I just heard. That's awful. Died way too young. It's a damn shame... heart goes out to his friends and family.

Also I hope you're okay TK, that's pretty saddening news.
Thanks for your concern, Marina. I'm taking it pretty hard. Not just because I love Glee, but because he seemed like a great person. I can't help but feel bad for Lea as well. He was also a devoted hockey fan. So there's that connection. Tonight sucks.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:34 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
I can see why they couldn't get him for 2nd degree murder, but I don't see how they couldn't get him on manslaughter.

All George Zimmerman had to do was stay in his car, as he was instructed to do by the Police. He wanted to take the law into his own hands, and as a result, shot and killed a young man.
You've got some outdated information. A lot more facts have come out since the media latched on to the story. Didn't help that the prosecution's case was flimsy at best.

Old
07-14-2013, 02:45 AM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Awful to hear about Cory, I hope that all the famillies and communities he was a part of can recover. 31 is far too young.

Old
07-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
Thanks for your concern, Marina. I'm taking it pretty hard. Not just because I love Glee, but because he seemed like a great person. I can't help but feel bad for Lea as well. He was also a devoted hockey fan. So there's that connection. Tonight sucks.
Awful news. Sorry Trance

Old
07-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Zimmerman should have not been found guilty of murder. He didn't hunt the kid down with the intention of killing him.

However Trayvons death is 100% his fault. Had he not followed him after being told not to by the police both are living today. But because Zimmerman decided to take the law into his own hands a 17 year old boy is dead and his family is grieving his lose.

Zimmerman a murderer no, racists moron? YES!

Old
07-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Zimmerman should have not been found guilty of murder. He didn't hunt the kid down with the intention of killing him.

However Trayvons death is 100% his fault. Had he not followed him after being told not to by the police both are living today. But because Zimmerman decided to take the law into his own hands a 17 year old boy is dead and his family is grieving his lose.

He's also a ***** who can't fight so he carries a gun around with him

Old
07-14-2013, 09:12 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post

He didn't hunt the "kid" down at all. After a string of breakins in the neighborhood, a neighborhood watch guy saw a hooded person walking through the area and followed him. Called the cops, continued to follow him until he was confronted and attacked by the person. Used a gun in self defense. Sucks the dude died, but there is no evidence that zimmerman broke a single law, which you would know if you had followed the case at all past the initial uproar that a white(he's actually hispanic) guy chased down and shot a black teen.

And as for "racists moron", where is your evidence of that?

Old
07-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
He didn't hunt the "kid" down at all. After a string of breakins in the neighborhood, a neighborhood watch guy saw a hooded person walking through the area and followed him. Called the cops, continued to follow him until he was confronted and attacked by the person. Used a gun in self defense. Sucks the dude died, but there is no evidence that zimmerman broke a single law, which you would know if you had followed the case at all past the initial uproar that a white(he's actually hispanic) guy chased down and shot a black teen.

He saw a black kid in a hoodie. Not saying its right or wrong, but he certainly racially profiled Martin

Old
07-14-2013, 11:36 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Something police are trained to do.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:04 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
I can see why they couldn't get him for 2nd degree murder, but I don't see how they couldn't get him on manslaughter.

All George Zimmerman had to do was stay in his car, as he was instructed to do by the Police. He wanted to take the law into his own hands, and as a result, shot and killed a young man.
According to the lawyers in my family, it was all or nothing on murder and man slaughter.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Some of the tweets coming from NFL/NBA players are a tad bit ridiculous.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:22 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Some of the tweets coming from NFL/NBA players are a tad bit ridiculous.
They're law experts, obviously.

Old
07-14-2013, 12:51 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He saw a black kid in a hoodie. Not saying its right or wrong, but he certainly racially profiled Martin
No, he didn't. Listen to the recording. He said something to the effect of "I think he's black or maybe mexican. Yea, he's black". And again, he broke no law and if you followed the case at all after the first 2 weeks when the news had it pegged as "white vigilante shoots black teen headed to father's house", you'd know how ignorant the posts in this thread have been.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
No, he didn't. Listen to the recording. He said something to the effect of "I think he's black or maybe mexican. Yea, he's black". And again, he broke no law and if you followed the case at all after the first 2 weeks when the news had it pegged as "white vigilante shoots black teen headed to father's house", you'd know how ignorant the posts in this thread have been.
I have followed it. I agree the racial issue was incredibly overblown. I think Martin is a wannabe cop and he may have been guilty but they didn't have the evidence to convict him

Old
07-14-2013, 01:35 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
There are few things I have less interest in than that case.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Kurtosis
Win it for Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
There are few things I have less interest in than that case.
Yeah. The only problem is that everyone keeps talking about it. Nonstop.

Old
07-14-2013, 01:46 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Yeah. The only problem is that everyone keeps talking about it. Nonstop.
The woman brought it up earlier this week at dinner. Just nodded and kept saying "yeah" until she was done saying whatever about it.

Old
07-14-2013, 04:06 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:

He wasn't instructed to stay put. He was given a neutral response by the dispatcher because they're held liable for any instructions they give to a caller.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:36 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:

The Cops told him to stop following him, he's at least responsible for being a 'fake cop' vigilante and not listening to law enforcement.

The reason he was acquitted was because of the prosecution not having tangible evidence, the entire case was circumstantial. There is a BIG difference between being found Not Guilty and Innocent.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Blue Liner

Young children get shot and killed here in our own city constantly. More than any other city maybe. Where's the national outcry about that?

Old
07-14-2013, 09:48 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Young children get shot and killed here in our own city constantly. More than any other city maybe. Where's the national outcry about that?
There is a national outcry about that, Chicago has a higher murder rate then Kabul and Baghdad. 66 shootings over the 4th week.

You can thank old commissioner Jody Weis for dismantling the gang units who turned an eye away from some of the illegal things that were going on as long as the violence was minimized. As soon as he took over for Hillard the gang wars spread out like weeds, fighting over corners and stupid crap. They never should have hired Jody, dude was the worst commissioner ever.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Illinihockey

As bad as gun violence is in Chicago, it's way down from the 80's and 90's

Old
07-14-2013, 10:15 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
As bad as gun violence is in Chicago, it's way down from the 80's and 90's
Regentrification has a lot to do with that. CHA was a huge mistake by Richard Daley, keeping the poor segregated to a small area bread the crime that skyrocketed. The West Side, Taylor Homes, and Cabrini Green were complete cesspools. Now Englewood and the West Side are like third world countries in our own backyard.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:28 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
The Cops told him to stop following him, he's at least responsible for being a 'fake cop' vigilante and not listening to law enforcement.

The reason he was acquitted was because of the prosecution not having tangible evidence, the entire case was circumstantial. There is a BIG difference between being found Not Guilty and Innocent.
this post is fraught with misinformation.

1) the police never told him anything. a DISPATCHER told him "you dont need to do that" when he indicated he was following trayvon
2)forensics expert testified in support of zimmerman's account that he was attacked
3) following somebody breaks no laws

the case wasn't even circumstantial, it was a non-case. if it weren't for the media jumping all over it, he probably never would have been tried. the only solace out of all this is that the justice system worked.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:39 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
There is a national outcry about that, Chicago has a higher murder rate then Kabul and Baghdad. 66 shootings over the 4th week.

You can thank old commissioner Jody Weis for dismantling the gang units who turned an eye away from some of the illegal things that were going on as long as the violence was minimized. As soon as he took over for Hillard the gang wars spread out like weeds, fighting over corners and stupid crap. They never should have hired Jody, dude was the worst commissioner ever.
Not even a fraction of the attention that this story garnered and many times it's a worse situation than this was. I'm in the middle of it sometimes, unfortunately.

Closed Thread