HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the Habs Are Lacking

Old
10-28-2006, 10:14 PM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
What the Habs Are Lacking

No, not another stud defenseman...
Not a power forward...

What they lack is desire. Yes, desire. Much like the Buffalo Sabres, they have speed and have proven they can skate with the best and outskate most teams when they want to. That's what separates our Habs from Buffalo. The hunger and desire.

The Sabres skate with authority and are very much in touch with their strength which is speed. And they use that weapon every game. Yes, all teams have let-downs every now and then, but I've seen it on too many occasions with the Habs thus far in only 10 games. They stunk up the joint with lacklustre play against Chicago, Ottawa, Boston, and now Toronto.

We were lucky to get a point tonight vs a mediocre Leafs team with a depleted defense core and weak goaltending. Thank Aebischer for the point.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
ummm..

down 3-0 to Colorado, win 8-5
down 2-0, 3-1, and 4-2 to Toronto and lose 5-4 in 7th shootout round

thats fighting back, thats character, thats hunger

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
No, not another stud defenseman...
Not a power forward...

What they lack is desire. Yes, desire. Much like the Buffalo Sabres, they have speed and have proven they can skate with the best and outskate most teams when they want to. That's what separates our Habs from Buffalo. The hunger and desire.

The Sabres skate with authority and are very much in touch with their strength which is speed. And they use that weapon every game. Yes, all teams have let-downs every now and then, but I've seen it on too many occasions with the Habs thus far in only 10 games. They stunk up the joint with lacklustre play against Chicago, Ottawa, Boston, and now Toronto.

We were lucky to get a point tonight vs a mediocre Leafs team with a depleted defense core and weak goaltending. Thank Aebischer for the point.
if it is strictly desire then montreal and buffalo could switch defensemen and buffalo would still be 9-0-1? i find that hard to believe.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:21 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
ummm..

down 3-0 to Colorado, win 8-5
down 2-0, 3-1, and 4-2 to Toronto and lose 5-4 in 7th shootout round

thats fighting back, thats character, thats hunger
Funny, how I never mentioned Colorado as one of those lacklustre games. And you've gotta be kidding me if you think that the score tonight was indicaive of how the Habs played. Our habs stunk tonight and, if not for Aebischer we'de have been blown out. We were outskated, and outclassed in all aspects getting outshot 51-22. How are you happy with the way they played tonight. I'm not.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
What the hell?

We somehow salvaged what could've been a total blowout, took the game to a shootout, and we LACK desire?

I bet you also thought Kaberle should've shot a few more pucks at the net and that Aebischer didn't bring his A game, right?

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:23 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
if it is strictly desire then montreal and buffalo could switch defensemen and buffalo would still be 9-0-1? i find that hard to believe.
That makes absolutely no sense. What does switching defenseman with another team have to do with cohesive and collective desire within a team?

Old
10-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Funny, how I never mentioned Colorado as one of those lacklustre games. And you've gotta be kidding me if you think that the score tonight was indicaive of how the Habs played. Our habs stunk tonight and, if not for Aebischer we'de have been blown out. We were outskated, and outclassed in all aspects getting outshot 51-22. How are you happy with the way they played tonight. I'm not.

read this thread, find me where i said i was happy with they way we played.

I repeadidly said its sad and that ABBY WAS GOD!

but neway u look at it, the team still faught back and scored 4 goals.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:24 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
What the hell?

We somehow salvaged what could've been a total blowout, took the game to a shootout, and we LACK desire?

I bet you also thought Kaberle should've shot a few more pucks at the net and that Aebischer didn't bring his A game, right?

well to be honest, they put themselves in that position, that's where they lack desire. Leafs wanted that game much much more and it showed.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Awwwwww, whats a Montreal loss without the countless threads about the sky falling.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
What the hell?

Where in this thread did I say Aebischer had a bad game. I praised Aebischer. Infact I said he was the only reason we got the point.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense. What does switching defenseman with another team have to do with cohesive and collective desire within a team?

"What they lack is desire. Yes, desire. Much like the Buffalo Sabres, they have speed and have proven they can skate with the best and outskate most teams when they want to. That's what separates our Habs from Buffalo. The hunger and desire."

this is what you said. if this is true, then montreal and buffalo should be able to completely switch defenses and both teams would still win as much?

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
well to be honest, they put themselves in that position, that's where they lack desire. Leafs wanted that game much much more and it showed.
ya well they re-gained desire when they battled back

Old
sposman

I dunno. Desire and consistancy are two very different things. They've proven that when they play up to their abilities against teams like the Leafs, bruins, etc. they will easily out play them. They did so tonight in the 10-15 minutes they bothered to show up.They have desire, just not the consistancy. Maybe they just desire to not be consistant over 60 minutes

sposman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:26 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
read this thread, find me where i said i was happy with they way we played.

I repeadidly said its sad and that ABBY WAS GOD!

but neway u look at it, the team still faught back and scored 4 goals.
I dunno about the "fighting back part", but they too advantage of a couple of opportunies in the third and tied it. It still doesn't excuse them for a terrible game for the most part.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:27 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
ya well they re-gained desire when they battled back
indeed but it would be cool had they showed it all game long.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
indeed but it would be cool had they showed it all game long.

they show it all game they win 8-4

Old
10-28-2006, 10:29 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Awwwwww, whats a Montreal loss without the countless threads about the sky falling.
Sorry, bub...this is a habs thread and we're debating about the loss and pointing out flaws as we are entitled to. If you want to put on the pom poms and shout "Rah Rah" in your rosey world then make a thread for that. Some of us are passionate Hab fans and wouldn't be fans if we weren't critical of our team.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:29 PM
KaptainKourage*

Montreal Canadiens have a lack of Sidney Crosby.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:30 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
I dunno about the "fighting back part", but they too advantage of a couple of opportunies in the third and tied it. It still doesn't excuse them for a terrible game for the most part.
how do you not know about fighting back?

they were down by 2, 5 minutes into the game, thats an obstacle, score a goal to make it 3-2 and a fluke goal goes in,thats an obstacle tie the game and Rivet takes a dumb penalty, thats an obstacle/ They had to battle past those obstacles, and they did so they battled back.

Tonights game was brutal, noone will/can deny that, but they still showed grit and desire to fight their own lazyness and salvage a point and come a shootout goal away from taking 2.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:32 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sposman View Post
I dunno. Desire and consistancy are two very different things. They've proven that when they play up to their abilities against teams like the Leafs, bruins, etc. they will easily out play them. They did so tonight in the 10-15 minutes they bothered to show up.They have desire, just not the consistancy. Maybe they just desire to not be consistant over 60 minutes
Agreed. At last a fellow hab fan with some sense. There are teams out there who have desire, but not the talent and vice versa. In our case the desire isn't anywhere near where it should be. IMO tonight's game shouldn't have been a problem for our Habs. This leafs team is rebuilding and has a depleted defense core that we luckily took advantage of late in the third when they decided to show up. I would also like to say the Leafs goaltending is not to be desired either and we failed miserably tonight to capitalize on that.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Sorry, bub...this is a habs thread and we're debating about the loss and pointing out flaws as we are entitled to. If you want to put on the pom poms and shout "Rah Rah" in your rosey world then make a thread for that. Some of us are passionate Hab fans and wouldn't be fans if we weren't critical of our team.
Well the difference is some of us use that amazing game thread to discuss the efforts, positives and negatives about the game. Some of us try and keep the integrity of the board up, and not have 10 threads after each loss saying whats wrong with this team, and throwing their arms up and stomping there feet.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I dunno, it's Game 10 of the regular season, I've seen quite a few teams play some absolute stinkers. Ottawa and New Jersey spring to mind as a couple of those teams. I don't think it's fait accompli that they lack desire just because they didn't show up one night and got thrashed.

Our team just had a miserable game, but at least it wasn't a blowout or anything, we got lucky and had our stinker against a mediocre team, and we managed to salvage a point out of it. Could be a whole lot worse. And I think (outside of Habs fans) most publications and reviewers have us basically as a borderline playoff team. So I don't know what we're expecting? Yeah, our team isn't Buffalo. Does that come as a surprise?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
QFT

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LesHabsRock

Quote:
how do you not know about fighting back?

they were down by 2, 5 minutes into the game, thats an obstacle, score a goal to make it 3-2 and a fluke goal goes in,thats an obstacle tie the game and Rivet takes a dumb penalty, thats an obstacle/ They had to battle past those obstacles, and they did so they battled back.

Tonights game was brutal, noone will/can deny that, but they still showed grit and desire to fight their own lazyness and salvage a point and come a shootout goal away from taking 2.
I guess my whole point is the Leafs are a medicore team and the Habs played down to their level (actually much worse). Getting outshot 51-22 at home to that team is not a consolation for me. Yes, we "battle back", but it was only the last 15 minutes or less they decided to show up. We simply have trouble putting together strings of good games.

Old
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Agreed. At last a fellow hab fan with some sense. There are teams out there who have desire, but not the talent and vice versa. In our case the desire isn't anywhere near where it should be. IMO tonight's game shouldn't have been a problem for our Habs. This leafs team is rebuilding and has a depleted defense core that we luckily took advantage of late in the third when they decided to show up. I would also like to say the Leafs goaltending is not to be desired either and we failed miserably tonight to capitalize on that.
What do you want? A perfect team? Some games you win by by playin some pationate hockey, others you win because your goalie stands on his head. I mean we can demand perfection from every player, but then what will we complain about then?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote