HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the Habs Are Lacking

Old
10-28-2006, 10:41 PM
LesHabsRock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Well the difference is some of us use that amazing game thread to discuss the efforts, positives and negatives about the game. Some of us try and keep the integrity of the board up, and not have 10 threads after each loss saying whats wrong with this team, and throwing their arms up and stomping there feet.
Integrity of this board? Explain your deifinition of integrity. This board is built for fans to debate topics, both good and bad about our team. Pointing out flaws in our team after a loss is hardly a discredit to the board. As fans we have every right to be critical after a loss. Heck, I was even critical after some wins.

You want positives from this game: This is for you:

Aebischer was nothing short of miraculous.

Perzhogin and Samsonov had their breakout games as Habs.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:44 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
What do you want? A perfect team? Some games you win by by playin some pationate hockey, others you win because your goalie stands on his head. I mean we can demand perfection from every player, but then what will we complain about then?
Not perfection, just effort. Come on, we lost to the Leafs....It's always a bad day when that happens

I'm a habs fan who is pissed about that and the fact our habs are now 2 wins and 4losses in it's division.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Integrity of this board? Explain your deifinition of integrity. This board is built for fans to debate topics, both good and bad about our team. Pointing out flaws in our team after a loss is hardly a discredit to the board. As fans we have every right to be critical after a loss. Heck, I was even critical after some wins.

You want positives from this game: This is for you:

Aebischer was nothing short of miraculous.

Perzhogin and Samsonov had their breakout games as Habs.
I have no problem discussing the game. Whether win or loss, crap effort, problems, positives, but the question to you i pose, do we need thread after thread about problems with this team after every loss. Can we not have say, a ONE post game thread, or use the game day thread, instead of having poster after poster ranting away.I am not happy with how Rivet played, or Latendresse, or Begin but we use the game thread.

This is the last i will speak on this subject, but i hope you get my point

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 10:55 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
I have no problem discussing the game. Whether win or loss, crap effort, problems, positives, but the question to you i pose, do we need thread after thread about problems with this team after every loss. Can we not have say, a ONE post game thread, or use the game day thread, instead of having poster after poster ranting away.I am not happy with how Rivet played, or Latendresse, or Begin but we use the game thread.

This is the last i will speak on this subject, but i hope you get my point
Unfortunatley, there are specific aspects of hockey that cannot be generalized into one thread. If that were the case we'de have two threads in this board "A Positive game thread" and a "Negative game thread". What's the fun in that? And you'de have 100,000 posts in each thread. Have fun trying to filter through those posts to find the ones you are interested in discussing.

Old
10-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Sthabs

You know what
It s been years that it s the same thing.....

Almost everytime we face teams weaker than us,(supposedly) we always somewhat suck during the game (or at least the first 2 periods)
And everytime we face teams stronger than us, we play good.....

The day we ll be able to fight everynight for 60 min like the Sabre does I believe we ll be as good, end maybe better than them

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:01 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
You know what

Almost everytime we face teams weaker than us,(supposedly) we always somewhat suck during the game (or at least the first 2 periods)

The day we ll be able to fight everynight for 60 min like the Sabre does I believe we ll be as good, end maybe better than them
It's funny you mention that. Sure, a lot of teams "get up" for the good teams, but seldom have the talent to compete with them. The problem we have here is our habs DO have the talent and have shown us brilliant games against the Sabres who have been blowing every team out of their arenas with lopsided scores. If only the Habs can bottle that and use it against other teams who aren't the Sabres. They have the ability ans talent, but, like I said in this thread, not the consistent desire.

Old
10-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
You know what

it should be an interesting week. Ottawa, Carolina and New Jersey coming up

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

After seeing the Habs make two big comebacks in their last three games, I have to disagree with the premise of this thread. They didn't mail in the game after falling behind the Avs or Leafs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:11 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
After seeing the Habs make two big comebacks in their last three games, I have to disagree with the premise of this thread. They didn't mail in the game after falling behind the Avs or Leafs.
The glaring difference between the Leafs game and the Avs game is the Habs had a couple of defensive lapses in the first period against the Avs. Other than that the Habs played an inspiring game. The Leafs game, they were badly outplayed for 45-50 minutes and, if not for Aebischer wouldn't have gotten the point from the regulation tie.

Old
10-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Sthabs

I dont think it s about being able to come back or a lack of desire
But I think there s a lack of intensity
We don t play 60 min every games, and that sthe problem

Old
10-28-2006, 11:14 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
The glaring difference between the Leafs game and the Avs game is the Habs had a couple of defensive lapses in the first period against the Avs. Other than that the Habs played an inspiring game. The Leafs game, they were badly outplayed for 45-50 minutes and, if not for Aebischer wouldn't have gotten the point from the regulation tie.

So all 82 games are diffrent? What do you want them to do, be robots?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:16 PM
fredez

Quote:
No, not another stud defenseman...
Not a power forward...

What they lack is desire. Yes, desire. Much like the Buffalo Sabres, they have speed and have proven they can skate with the best and outskate most teams when they want to. That's what separates our Habs from Buffalo. The hunger and desire.

The Sabres skate with authority and are very much in touch with their strength which is speed. And they use that weapon every game. Yes, all teams have let-downs every now and then, but I've seen it on too many occasions with the Habs thus far in only 10 games. They stunk up the joint with lacklustre play against Chicago, Ottawa, Boston, and now Toronto.

We were lucky to get a point tonight vs a mediocre Leafs team with a depleted defense core and weak goaltending. Thank Aebischer for the point.
The Habs don't lack desire. I think the Habs lacked desire maybe 3 periods since the beginning of the years. The 2nd period against the Leafs today was absolutely horrendous, the 2nd period against Chicago and the 1st against the Avs. So out of 10 games, the Habs lacked desire in maybe the equivalent of 1 game, that's a pretty good ratio and it's even better when you consider that we won 2 of the 3 games in which we have blown a period.

There is a lot of character on this edition of the Habs and if there is one thing that this team doesn't lack : it's desire.

Last edited by fredez: 10-28-2006 at 11:16 PM. Reason: mispell
fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:16 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
I dont think it s about being able to come back or a lack of desire
But I think there s a lack of intensity
We don t play 60 min every games, and that sthe problem
Lack of intensity is directly related to lack of desire.

Old
10-28-2006, 11:17 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
So all 82 games are diffrent? What do you want them to do, be robots?
I'm not even going to answer that

Old
10-28-2006, 11:19 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
The Habs don't lack desire. I think the Habs lacked desire maybe 3 periods since the beginning of the years. The 2nd period against the Leafs today was absolutely horrendous, the 2nd period against Chicago and the 1st against the Avs. So out of 10 games, the Habs lacked desire in maybe the equivalent of 1 game, that's a pretty good ratio and it's even better when you consider that we won 2 of the 3 games in which we have blown a period.

There is a lot of character on this edition of the Habs and if there is one thing that this team doesn't lack : it's desire.
Nobody remembers games by periods, only by games as a whole. As a whole the Habs showed lack of desire, motivation, intestity, etc against Chicago, Ottawa, Boston, and the Leafs. I thought the Avs game, as a whole, was a very good game by the Habs as I thought they outplayed the Avalanche for most of the game.

And let me make one more thing clear. I hear a lot of talk about giving 60 minutes. From a technical standpoint, I don't believe any team gives 60 minutes in a game. I think that statement is used overzealously. I think if you can outplay a team for 45 minutes or more then you can say you outplayed that team, hands down. With all the parity in the league I think all teams have let downs throughout a game and lapses.

Last edited by LesHabsRock: 10-28-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old
10-28-2006, 11:22 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
I'm not even going to answer that
No seriously you can't see my point? You said it yourself, we played and inspiring game aainst he avs with some minor problems with D to start. Then you say that we came back against Toronto playing only what 10 good mins the whole game? So now let's say we beat TO tonight, and we get 2 points, who cares that we didn't win 10-0, all that matters is the fact that you salvage a game, no matter how. They can't play every night the same way, and yes they can play better in some aspects, but what more then what they did tonight do you want.

Oh and don't pull "It's the maple leafs" excuse, it really doesn't work and is really not by any means useful in this conversation

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Sthabs

Quote:
Lack of intensity is directly related to lack of desire.
Yes it s related but not the same
Can you say we work hard every night ? no that s intensity
That doesn t mean we don t have the desire to win the game, because we DO have desire
It means we don t have intensity for 60 minutes, as one guy above said we often suck in the 2nd period, and that s not new
it was the same thing last year

Old
10-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Pascal

this thread is hilarious. the team has shown huge desire so far this year.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:31 PM
NewGuy

No team is going to have the level of desire some people seem expect for all 82 games of the season. Look at the Leafs, they played great tonight and got the win, but spent the last two games getting spanked by the Senators. Those same Senators, who just beat the Leafs two games in a row, got beat by an inferior Bruins team tonight.

It's not realistic to expect a team to play at their highest level every game. Every team has stinkers and it's great if they can come away from those games with a point or two.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Maybe not, although I don't think Aebischer played well in the first two periods. To their credit the Habs scored two goals in the second half of the third period against a Leafs team that was playing to prevent them from tying the score.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2006, 11:48 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
No seriously you can't see my point? You said it yourself, we played and inspiring game aainst he avs with some minor problems with D to start. Then you say that we came back against Toronto playing only what 10 good mins the whole game? So now let's say we beat TO tonight, and we get 2 points, who cares that we didn't win 10-0, all that matters is the fact that you salvage a game, no matter how. They can't play every night the same way, and yes they can play better in some aspects, but what more then what they did tonight do you want.

Oh and don't pull "It's the maple leafs" excuse, it really doesn't work and is really not by any means useful in this conversation
Take a deep breath . Ok, while I don't expect us to win 10-0 (never did) I expected a much better effort against IMO an inferior team to the Habs. As I said, the difference between this game and the Avs game was the Habs effort was there and they outplayed the Avs. You had the sense the Habs would come back. Tonight, you had the sense they were lucky to be in the game at all. I'm not so sure about the "fighting back" theory.

Heck, eventhough we lost to Buffalo I gave our Habs praise...and those were losses. On the contrary, the game against Boston inwhich they won, I questioned the effort. I'm not all about criticizing losses, but wins as well. And you'll also get praises from me in losses.

I don't expect robots, just effort and not for 10 minutes.

Old
10-29-2006, 01:31 AM
Habs_Apostle

I'm happy we may conclude they show heart and desire based on their ability to battle back from 3-0 and 3-1. Now how about showing us the heart and desire (and discipline) it takes to take the lead, keep the lead, and blow opponents away from the first whistle to the last. That's the kind of heart and desire I (and I'm guessing Carbo and company) want to see on a consistent basis.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:51 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle View Post
I'm happy we may conclude they show heart and desire based on their ability to battle back from 3-0 and 3-1. Now how about showing us the heart and desire (and discipline) it takes to take the lead, keep the lead, and blow opponents away from the first whistle to the last. That's the kind of heart and desire I (and I'm guessing Carbo and company) want to see on a consistent basis.
Well said

Old
10-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Demogod*

Defense

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 08:58 AM
AH

The Habs lack a good tactician behind the bench. Carbs could eventually get there, but right now he has little clue.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote