HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade and Proposals Thread XXXVII: Is MacT mostly done?

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 09:49 PM
punz101

vCash: 500
First time poster long time viewer. I honestly believe with a solid D infront of Dubnyk he wouldn't be all that bad. Edmonton has to make a BOLD move. We need a number 1 or 2 D-man to help solidify our d core. If Mac T could sign Clearly, Boyes, Connolly, Raymond for bottom 6 roles and Kaberle to play the 5th dman position and make the I have purposed trade below happen. I say we make the playoffs. I know this doesn't help add size to the bottom 6 but it sure helps makes us hard to play against.

Purposed Trade:

EDM: Little, Bogosian
WPG: Ganger + Hemsky + 2014 1st + Klefbom

Hall Little Yakupov
Perron RNH Eberle
Raymond Gordon Boyes
Clearly Connolly Brown

Bogosian Ferrence
Smid N.Schultz
Kaberle J.Schultz

Dubnyk
Labarbera

Old
07-14-2013, 09:49 PM
gqmixmaster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorf View Post
I for one hope we do not make a move for Price. He is too inconsistent and lately has been bad more then good.

I would consider him and Dubnyk to be fairly comparable right now.

If one of our big 5 is moving, it needs to be for a top pairing D or a comparable forward talent.

Any goalie that would be good enough to trade one of the big 5 for would not be available.
I agree with this

Old
07-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
30 way trade. Every team gets a Flames first rounder sometime during the next 30 years. The Flames get a monopoly over every player with the letters or sound "owski" in their name.
Also all the "best players not in the league" from Europe.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by punz101 View Post
First time poster long time viewer. I honestly believe with a solid D infront of Dubnyk he wouldn't be all that bad. Edmonton has to make a BOLD move. We need a number 1 or 2 D-man to help solidify our d core. If Mac T could sign Clearly, Boyes, Connolly, Raymond for bottom 6 roles and Kaberle to play the 5th dman position and make the I have purposed trade below happen. I say we make the playoffs. I know this doesn't help add size to the bottom 6 but it sure helps makes us hard to play against.

Purposed Trade:

EDM: Little, Bogosian
WPG: Ganger + Hemsky + 2014 1st + Klefbom

Hall Little Yakupov
Perron RNH Eberle
Raymond Gordon Boyes
Clearly Connolly Brown

Bogosian Ferrence
Smid N.Schultz
Kaberle J.Schultz

Dubnyk
Labarbera
Holy Overpayment.

Gagner>Little
Hemsky, 1st Round Pick, Klefbom>>Bogosian

Gagner and Little are same size and it's a redundant trade. Bogosian hasn't proven he is a game difference maker. He's good, but isn't proven. If you really want Bogosian, Hemsky, 2nd tier prospect and a 2nd would do it. Or Hemsky and our 1st. But he wouldn't be someone I would target.

And the fact you put RNH on the second line and put Little against the tougher competition makes no sense to me. We want to get bigger not smaller if we are putting someone ahead of RNH.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Fuhryous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
I could see Buffalo trading Miller for picks and prospects. We should be pushing hard for him. They need to rebuild, already have some pretty decent prospects but could of course use some more. I could see them being interested in taking Dubnyk as a stopgap, he's half-decent but won't derail their rebuild.

But then again it seems these are baseless rumours to begin with.
The only thing with chasing Miller is he is a UFA after this season, so who comes in as #1 if he didn't resign? The 2014 crop of UFA goalies isn't looking good after Henrik Lundqvist as he is the top prize. The only other goalie of interest would be Jonas Hiller. We all know Miller wants to be closer to California as his wife is an actress but those teams are all set in goal...unless there is a deal with Buffalo & Anaheim; however, isn't Fasth supposed to be Anaheim's goalie of the future?

I firmly believe Mac-T is set with his goalies for this season as Dubnyk will be a UFA after this upcoming season. He has this year to prove he can be and will be the go-to guy. If Lundqvist doesn't re-sign in NY and it is not for certain he will (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1355839), I'm biding my time and opening the vault for him next July.

Last edited by Fuhryous: 07-14-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old
07-14-2013, 10:01 PM
punz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
Holy Overpayment.

Gagner>Little
Hemsky, 1st Round Pick, Klefbom>>Bogosian

Gagner and Little are same size and it's a redundant trade. Bogosian hasn't proven he is a game difference maker. He's good, but isn't proven. If you really want Bogosian, Hemsky, 2nd tier prospect and a 2nd would do it. Or Hemsky and our 1st. But he wouldn't be someone I would target.

And the fact you put RNH on the second line and put Little against the tougher competition makes no sense to me. We want to get bigger not smaller if we are putting someone ahead of RNH.

Ganger isnt there for Little so much but add to getting Bogosian. Nobody wants Hemsky and we here on Oil forums should realize that. We have to give up a lot to get some serious holes plugged up on D. Little I believe can be a good fit. Reason RNH is on the second line is simply to spread our offence and make pairs. Hall and Yak, Ebz and RNH.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:03 PM
jeetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorf View Post
I for one hope we do not make a move for Price. He is too inconsistent and lately has been bad more then good.

I would consider him and Dubnyk to be fairly comparable right now.

If one of our big 5 is moving, it needs to be for a top pairing D or a comparable forward talent.

Any goalie that would be good enough to trade one of the big 5 for would not be available.
Price is a huge talent. If he Oilers could do a buy low scenario. A new team, new goalie coach, fresh opportunity.... That would be awesome for us.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Ganger isnt there for Little so much but add to getting Bogosian. Nobody wants Hemsky and we here on Oil forums should realize that. We have to give up a lot to get some serious holes plugged up on D. Little I believe can be a good fit. Reason RNH is on the second line is simply to spread our offence and make pairs. Hall and Yak, Ebz and RNH.
That's still a huge overpayment. If we are getting Bogosian and Little, I would rather keep our stuff. Hemsky will get us something. There will be a team that needs offense badly and will pay a decent return for him. Just because a forum says he is worthless doesn't mean he is in the real world...

Old
07-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Dangerdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesY View Post
MacT really needs to resolve the Hemsky question. Sure there is room for him here next year, but it can't be good for either side to have a public statement and not follow through. Yet, in all the rumours out there very few include Hemsky?
He never said he'll trade him for sure though. He said maybe it's time for him to move on, however he may still be here next season.

I hope he is!

Old
07-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Fuhryous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
That's still a huge overpayment. If we are getting Bogosian and Little, I would rather keep our stuff. Hemsky will get us something. There will be a team that needs offense badly and will pay a decent return for him. Just because a forum says he is worthless doesn't mean he is in the real world...

I don't know if this has been suggested or not but what about something based around Hemsky & Ryan Malone? He's the big 3rd line LW the Oilers need and T-Bay needs more offense. Malone has a limited 12 team NTC (teams he would go to) so him being from Pittsburgh, he may not want to come to the Western Conference. Hemsky is paid $1 million more than Malone but with his contract expiring this season, Yzerman could bite if Malone would waive for the Oilers.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
I don't know if this has been suggested or not but what about something based around Hemsky & Ryan Malone? He's the big 3rd line LW the Oilers need and T-Bay needs more offense. Malone has a limited 12 team NTC (teams he would go to) so him being from Pittsburgh, he may not want to come to the Western Conference. Hemsky is paid $1 million more than Malone but with his contract expiring this season, Yzerman could bite if Malone would waive for the Oilers.
See, that I can live with. I just don't want a lateral move that we don't need at this moment.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:16 PM
punz101

Hemsky in the past four years has played 176 games out of 287. In the past 4 years his highest goal production was 14 and highest point production was 42pts. Has scored 20 + goals twice in his carear. Yet has a salary of a consistent 20 goal scorer 50 point producer.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Paralyzer008

MacT just said he's reasonably comfortable with the lineup and the depth.

"I'm ready to turn this group over to the coaches, I'm reasonably optimistic that this team will improve"

Old
07-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

MacTavish is currently speaking on a podcast (I can't remember which one as I just shut it off in disgust) and when asked if he's still aggressively pursuing trades or UFA's he said (paraphrased) "Well, not really. We're open for business and we'll listen and keep our eye out for deals that can potentially help improve our hockey club but when I look up and down our roster now I'm reasonably happy, particularly with our depth up front (wut?)..." and that's roughly where I shut it off.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post

"I'm ready to turn this group over to the coaches, I'm reasonably optimistic that this team will improve"
I guess you were listening as well. Frightening stuff if this management group can't recognize the depth problems on this roster.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Koto

Quote:

so playoffs in 2015 then? maybe....?

Old
07-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Lindo

edit - nevermind, i'm an *******

Last edited by Lindo: 07-14-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old
07-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Asher

Quote:

I've been saying this for a while now. I don't mean to rain on your guys' parade but everything I've heard from MacT makes me think he's done. The only other deal he's looking to make would be trading Hemsky, and even then if he doesn't like what he sees I think he might just bring him back. The free agency part is done though: if he wanted Grabovski, or Penner it would be done by now. If he wanted to sign a 4C like Steckel it would have been done by now. If he were looking to make a minor trade to bolster the bottom 6 it would have been done by now. This is the roster he's going with.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
Holy hell, that was painful to listen to you. Are these guys 12?
Haha, no kidding. As annoyed as I am with MacT at the moment props to him for staying patient during that podcast.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:24 PM
robbiezyg

vCash: 1249
Quote:
Hemsky in the past four years has played 176 games out of 287. In the past 4 years his highest goal production was 14 and highest point production was 42pts. Has scored 20 + goals twice in his carear. Yet has a salary of a consistent 20 goal scorer 50 point producer.
You could say the exact same thing about Malone, except he has a longer contract

Old
07-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:

They're so obviously tanking. Five year rebuild means they want to draft moderately high from 2010-2015.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I guess you were listening as well. Frightening stuff if this management group can't recognize the depth problems on this roster.
We will be fighting for the last wildcard spots in the playoffs. I guess our management would rather build another 8th place team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiahjones View Post
Holy hell, that was painful to listen to you. Are these guys 12?
One guy was fine but the other guy was just awful. Seriously the other guy just asked a question that's a wrap-up question, don't go and be like "btw, a have a question about Dallas Eakins"

Old
07-14-2013, 10:30 PM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
A C his whole career....played mostly wing last year so ill give you half a point.

46.2% last year. Remind me again how snowpants did last year?

Oh, that's right 43.9%.
Bailey is a good player, developing and still have more upside. Not sure if Bailey can be better than Gagner or not down the road. As far as performance since they came into the league, Gagner has been better. And I would guess all 29 GMs in the league would make that deal to give up Bailey for Gagner.

I don't mind trading Gagner, but Bailey one for one is not a good trade.

Just for fun. To respond to your stats in your style:

Last year
Gagner 48 games 38 pts = .79 point per game (.623 career)

Remind me how Bailey did last year?
Oh that's right. 38 games 19 pts = .50 point per game (.422 career)

Career faceoff 42.6% for Bailey.

Remind me what's Gagner career percentage?
Oh that's right. 44.7%

Old
07-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
We will be fighting for the last wildcard spots in the playoffs. I guess our management would rather build another 8th place team.
Fighting for the final spot in our new division is still a stretch. I don't see us finishing ahead of LA, San Jose, Anaheim, Pheonix or Vancouver as is. We simply don't have the depth (despite MacT's claims to the contrary) to withstand one or two injuries.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Fuhryous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
So big moves are still to come!

Mac-T said he was going to keep Krueger...Krueger fired.
Mac-T said he was going to get a goalie to push Dubnyk...signs Labarbara.
Mac-T said he was going to get some meat and potatoes...got some potatoes in Perron, but still no meat.

I'm not ripping on Mac-T, I just find it funny that whatever he said he was going to do thus far, he's done the opposite (except for trading Horcoff).

Closed Thread