HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 28/10/06 Toronto @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS,CBC

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2006, 07:54 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
It's not about nationality. For those who are not on the CRACK, Lats hasn't earned his spot on this team. Patrick Roy nailed it when he said that Lats basically made the team because of his name.
I have to disagree H. I believe that Carbo sees the kid as a project, and one that he'd like to oversee at the NHL level rather than the Q. Yeah, the story of local boy making good is a good one, and pertinent, but I believe he did show enough in pre-season to merit a look.

Every game he progresses,but he's obviously not playing at the same speed as everyone else on the ice. I mean that mentally more than in terms of skating. He was better last night than the game before and so on, so there's progress. Next, he has to actually learn to cycle and win 1 on 1's. If Carbo feels he'd like to educate him first hand, I don't see it as being a big deal. If the kid was a 5'11" slick shooter with no D awareness, I'd say yeah, send him down, we have plenty of those. He's being groomed to be a certain type of player though. I don't see the harm.

I also think Patrick Roy's next genuine comment will be his first. I don't recall an non agenda'd word from him over his many years.

Old
10-29-2006, 07:57 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Higgins played in OT. He was paired up with Samsonov if memory serves me right. Took a shift right after Koivu-Ryder's first one.
I guess I missed it, or my attn. span is not what it was. I thought he had his worst game of the year though. Coming from me who was gaga over the kid after 10 games last year when he was barely on the 4th line.

Old
10-29-2006, 08:28 AM
David_99

Hey guys, what was the lineup at the end of the game?

Higs - Koivu - Ryder
Sammy - Kovy - Perez
??? - Bonk - Johnson
??? - Begin - Murray

Where did Lats and Pleky end up?

Thanks!

Old
10-29-2006, 08:41 AM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

Wait ... Latendresse gets on the ice, creams a couple of leafs players, goes into traffic, creates chances ...

and we'Re complaining ?

as far as i'm concerned he did a much better job than Murray

Old
10-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Hey guys, what was the lineup at the end of the game?

Higs - Koivu - Ryder
Sammy - Kovy - Perez
??? - Bonk - Johnson
??? - Begin - Murray

Where did Lats and Pleky end up?

Thanks!
Latendresse wound up with Bonk and Johnson; Plekanec with Begin and Murray.

Plekanec wound up taking the C's responsibilities on the fourth line.

Old
10-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I guess I missed it, or my attn. span is not what it was. I thought he had his worst game of the year though. Coming from me who was gaga over the kid after 10 games last year when he was barely on the 4th line.
Higgins' shift was forgettable. He turned the puck over and set up a nice Leafs scoring opportunity, so he didn't see any more OT ice-time after that.

He had a rough game. So did Koivu, I thought.

On Latendresse: I think he's starting to put it together as a legit NHL player at this point. The past few games he's started doing little things, such as winning battles at his own blueline then chipping it out to his centerman who's in full flight headed up ice. I also found him stronger on the puck and able to protect it better, while having some idea of what to do and where to go with it, even if he's not quite there yet.

Shifts have got to be shorter though. I remember one play where the Habs had been hemmed in their own zone for a long, long time ... Latendresse managed to dump it into the Leafs zone finally. And Latendresse went in after it, staying out there another 15-20 seconds. He was visibly tired, and he's not going to win many foot-races even when he's fresh, so he needs to get some discipline in that regard.

Old
10-29-2006, 09:42 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
On Latendresse: I think he's starting to put it together as a legit NHL player at this point. The past few games he's started doing little things, such as winning battles at his own blueline then chipping it out to his centerman who's in full flight headed up ice. I also found him stronger on the puck and able to protect it better, while having some idea of what to do and where to go with it, even if he's not quite there yet.

Shifts have got to be shorter though. I remember one play where the Habs had been hemmed in their own zone for a long, long time ... Latendresse managed to dump it into the Leafs zone finally. And Latendresse went in after it, staying out there another 15-20 seconds. He was visibly tired, and he's not going to win many foot-races even when he's fresh, so he needs to get some discipline in that regard.
I think that it shows leadership and responsibility, letting his teammates change while he kept the pressure on. Even a tired forecheck is better than none at all, the last thing we need is to get caught on a change and give up a scoring opportunity.

I agree though, I thought Latendresse played commendably last night. He had more than one very good shift, and his forecheck was one of our better ones.

Old
10-29-2006, 09:49 AM
rafal majka

Don't know if anyone has posted this, but the way the Habs played for 50 minutes last night, it's as if the whole team is suffering from a bout of the flu. Slow, lethargic, lack of effort... they lacked that extra couple of gears they showed against Buffalo at the beginning of the season.

Closed Thread