HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

perezhogin appreciation thread

Old
10-29-2006, 01:17 AM
Transported Upstater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon_44 View Post
I thought this thread was about Ovechkin.
"Look me, I score goal, very easy. Play for Habs? Yes ok much fun, I pack my wagon and carraige full of power, be there tomorrow."
- waffledave

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:45 AM
Turbo

Extremely solid tonight. That goal was a beauty. Hope he can keep it up!

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:52 AM
znk

For those who missed it in the other thread.
http://media.putfile.com/Perezhogin-goal

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:58 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I was always hard on Perez, and I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong. I've never seen him consistently push himself as much as he has this season and I'm loving the way he's playing. The all-russian line could possibly break out.

You finally see the light.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:59 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I am so happy for Perezhogin, the Russian (Kazak) Trio should be a good one. Too bad the 1st line **** the bed tonight.

Perezhogin has been one of the Canadiens top 5 forwards all year.....when I think back to last year I wish Zednik was out a bit longer (all year) not harping on Zedder because I did love him but could you imagine what Perezhogin would have done all year with big time ice with Kovalev and Koivu.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 03:53 AM
NewHabsEra*

As anyone know, Im a huge Perezhogin fan and Im not surprised to see him doing good, but he will have to improve his play along the board, he loses the puck too easily when pressured... I like what I see but we will have to be patient, expect a development similar to Afinogenov, this kid isnt only very skilled, he has a big hart and will continue to improve thats for sure...

Our D was quite brutal tonight, Carbo and Jarvis have some work to do, they have to make them to move the puck quicker, they are to slow on the puck and too slow to react at the moment, I would spent the next practices on puck movement, skating and intensity.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:48 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post
back to perez, you can see how raw he's playing and how much more work he needs but damn you can see he's oozing with potential, he in my opinion will be a boom there is no middle with him either he won't pan out he'll fringe and go back to europe or he will be a legitimate 1st line winger, though it will take time the kids soo raw.
^ BUMP

i thought he deserved it as he really helped us *steal a point tonight. i can see why every coach the kids had loves him, he's a very hard worker.

BTW that sammy-kova-perez line sure looked good but the two dmen better play conservative if you know what i mean.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:52 AM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Keep in mind that Perezhogin played the first half of the game on the 4th line... not seeing much ice time. He played quite a bit after his goal in the 2nd and in the 3rd.
Oh, I know. Still, he didn't get much ice time.

Once he gets a good 14 minutes I can say he finally got a good deal of ice time. He didn't get more than usual last night.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 06:16 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

I didn't know any Habs had a highlight reel goal in them, and if they did I'd think it was Sammy or Kovy or even Higgins, not #42.

Hopefully he stays on the 2nd line with Sammy and Kovy(Kovy as C)

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 08:39 AM
Form and Substance

Here's his goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkKkB3kOuZo

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 08:58 AM
oli500

Perezhogin has been playing extremly well lately. I like how hes badling out there. Agresive player and theres nothing rong with that. Hes not afraid of physical contact. Reminds me of a younger saku out there. Im not bashing the guy but if there one thing I would like perezhogin to do more often is shot the dam puck. After micheal ryder,sheldon souray and alex kovalev hes probably got the best shot on the team and dosent use his shot as often as he should. I dont know if it the coaching staf who telling him to learn how to play two way hockey but man someone should tell him to shoot the puck. Last night goal was a beauty, he dident try to deke the goalie he used his speed and a nice looking shot.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:02 AM
MXD

He remains an average 2nd liner at best(upside-wise), but he's still the most improved guy on the roster.

At least, he makes something happen every game.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Mr. Hab

PEREZHOGIN is +5 (best +- on Habs)

Perezhogin L MTL 10 1 3 4 5 2 0 0 0 0 14 7.1 10:39 14.6 0.0
Just a little note on Zhoggy...he's the best += on team. I know it's kinda early in the season, but...looking good.

I think he's a very talented spark-plug. So much jump/electricity in his game.
I really hope he gets more than 10 minutes per game from now on...he deserves at least 14-15 minutes/game .

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:18 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Everytime Perezhogin gets the puck, you know you'll probably see something exciting. If he can figure out how to finish regularly and is given the proper chance, he could find some real success.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:34 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreXpo View Post
Everytime Perezhogin gets the puck, you know you'll probably see something exciting. If he can figure out how to finish regularly and is given the proper chance, he could find some real success.
He reminds me of Buffalo's Afeniganov(sp) a couple of seasons back, when he was trying to establish himself as a regular NHL player...hopefully Zhogin will gain some confidence playing with Sammy and Kovy...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Perezhogin L MTL 10 1 3 4 5 2 0 0 0 0 14 7.1 10:39 14.6 0.0
Just a little note on Zhoggy...he's the best += on team. I know it's kinda early in the season, but...looking good.

I think he's a very talented spark-plug. So much jump/electricity in his game.
I really hope he gets more than 10 minutes per game from now on...he deserves at least 14-15 minutes/game .
His excellent +/- record so far is actually directly related to his usage. He doesn't play PK although he's becoming much more responsible on the ice than he was last year. I'm sure you noticed his play is earning him some PP minutes now, so you'll start seeing his per game average slowly go up (probably at the expense of Plekanec who's not showing much on the PP).

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:06 AM
type_v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
That was awesome, great play from Markov and Komo the Sasha dekes half the team, including the cameraman

type_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
His excellent +/- record so far is actually directly related to his usage. He doesn't play PK although he's becoming much more responsible on the ice than he was last year. I'm sure you noticed his play is earning him some PP minutes now, so you'll start seeing his per game average slowly go up (probably at the expense of Plekanec who's not showing much on the PP).
I don't agree. Perez has been on the checking line which means he's been playing against opponents #1 scoring line and he still has best +/- on the team.

Goals against during special teams don't count on +/-.

Having said all that, the kid has played great and deserves for his ice-time to increase.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
I'd love to see him with Higgins on the PK, might earn us a few extra SH goals... but the PK's doing great as for now, no need to rush new players into the system.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:16 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
he made almost an identical rush in the RSL a couple of years ago. It's at the end of this video, he actually makes the defencemen fall over with that same move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjhXBVBgEcI ....anyhow, is he on a line with samsonov and kovalev now?

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:18 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
He reminds me of Buffalo's Afeniganov(sp) a couple of seasons back, when he was trying to establish himself as a regular NHL player...hopefully Zhogin will gain some confidence playing with Sammy and Kovy...
I toyed with that idea last season but now I am really starting to believe it. I definitely think that he is going to be like Afinogenov in a couple of years. I also have to admit that I was a bit of a sceptic about Perez last year. Didn't really see what I wanted from him, but I am getting very excited about him now.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:20 AM
DicAnns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
He remains an average 2nd liner at best(upside-wise), but he's still the most improved guy on the roster.

At least, he makes something happen every game.
I'm not so sure... I really don't see what Higgins or Ryder have skillwise that Perezhogin lacks.
He just doesn't quite have the vision and creativity needed for 1st line duties yet.
Hopefully he'll learn that through experience and playing with good linemates...
Watching him work hard every shift like he's been doing all season makes me a believer.

I think his upside is pretty high... will he achieve it? meh... that's another question.
I guess we'll see pretty soon.

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
he made almost an identical rush in the RSL a couple of years ago. It's at the end of this video, he actually makes the defencemen fall over with that same move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjhXBVBgEcI ....anyhow, is he on a line with samsonov and kovalev now?
Yep, Carbo confirmed it in an RDS comment by saying that he'll be keeping the line against ottawa. I hope it all works out as they can really be our key players.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Shabutie

Perez has been the biggest surprise for me this season. I thought the guy played with no heart or grit, but since adding those 10+ pds this off season, he seems to be getting more physical out there and doesn't seem to mind to drive the net as much as he did last season. I'm loving his play and hope he keeps it up. Here's to the All-Russian line

Old
10-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post

After this summer's bashing, I wanted to poke you everytime Perezhogin played well..but I have to say you have been fair to every player in your comments.
I'm not as bad of a guy as I sound at times Perezhogin has carried over his play from the playoffs last year, and added grit and a bigger physical edge imo. I'm loving him this year and I hope he keeps it up as he'll grow on to become one of our most key players.