HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryan White signs 1 year/700 000$/One way deal

Old
07-13-2013, 03:02 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I expect Moen to have a solid season next year. Not sure what was wrong with him this past season but he was just off. Not at all the regular Moen.
I forget who brought up the theory first, but someone mentioned that he had suffered a concussion at the end of the previous season, and so coupled with his reluctance to drop the gloves... maybe he just became a *****? Who knows?

But everyone has down years, so it might just be nothing.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 03:18 PM
rickthegoon

Love this White kid, good move by our adm. How can you go wrong with a kid that loves his role so much ?
Ok, he could smarten-up a bit.....but not too much, wouldn't want him to change into something he's not......
Next year when Therrien says 'release the hounds !', he has to think 'Rothweiller' instead of 'Australian wild dingo' ?.....Controlled assault is what I'm thinking. Could be a great agressor for 5-7 minutes a game with Parros by his side

rickthegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I forget who brought up the theory first, but someone mentioned that he had suffered a concussion at the end of the previous season, and so coupled with his reluctance to drop the gloves... maybe he just became a *****? Who knows?

While is level of play was way less intense and I admit that, he still got 5 fights in half a season, so I wouldn't say he had any reluctance to drop the glove. It's his usual pace.

I love how some people were saying that White was a bum to go to arbitration, way to overreact lol.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:18 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Hopefully he buys a brain with it.
Why? Is he playing with Brandon Prust or Marcel Prust?

Good signing hopefully he'll play to his strengths and get Bouillon money next season.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Hesitating to fight? He took on a much bigger Cowen with a pierced lung.

Come on, guys...

Old
07-13-2013, 06:32 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Nice for him to be able to get settled in. Could you imagine being able to go buy a beautiful $500,000 home and not having a mortgage.........I can only dream.
Go get em Whitey I'm happy for ya.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Habstract

Good stuff!

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:

That must be it ...looking at hockeyfights.com he went with both Simmonds and Thorburn, pretty tough guys, I don't think Moen is turning into a *****, it's gotta weigh heavily on someone like him being one of two tough guys on what is essentially a pretty soft team. Having Parros, should definately take some pressure off Moen, I expect a nice bounce back year from him.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

Maybe Moen simply didn't expect the lockout to end and didn't seriously work out so he wasn't in shape for most of the season?

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 06:49 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
He has been on one way contracts for the last two years. Why would he have taken a two-way contract?
Finally figured this mystery out.

Ryan White did indeed have two one-way deals in 11-12 and 12-13.

However, because he played only 26 games last year, and had not played 180 games in the last three years, he was eligible to receive a two-way offer, and apparently this is what Marc Bergevin did, pursuant to Section 10.2 (a) (iii) of the CBA.

White decided not to accept this offer and asked for arbitration. An arbitrator would surely have sided with White, so Bergevin tore up the right to pay a lower AHL salary, in exchange for giving him just a 2% increase instead of 5% on his NHL salary, and Ryan accepted that to avoid the slight chance he loses in arbitration.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:31 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

However, because he played only 26 games last year, and had not played 180 games in the last three years, he was eligible to receive a two-way offer, and apparently this is what Marc Bergevin did, pursuant to Section 10.2 (a) (iii) of the CBA.

White decided not to accept this offer and asked for arbitration. An arbitrator would surely have sided with White, so Bergevin tore up the right to pay a lower AHL salary, in exchange for giving him just a 2% increase instead of 5% on his NHL salary, and Ryan accepted that to avoid the slight chance he loses in arbitration.
Bergevin wasn't here when Whitey was scrapping still while his head looked like the Elephant man, that one game a couple of years ago. Talk about heart and soul Hab he's that type of player, maybe not in Nilan's league but so very close.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:34 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Maybe Moen simply didn't expect the lockout to end and didn't seriously work out so he wasn't in shape for most of the season?
I found that a lot of veterans around the league had subpar seasons, so many that I'm willing to chalk it up to the lockout and waiting to see if they can bounce back this year. Moen especially falls into that category.

I also thought, for whatever it's worth, that Moen looked a lot like his old self in the playoffs. So that's encouraging, at least.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 12:27 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Maybe less?
Parros has been playing almost full seasons for pretty much his whole career. So don't get your hopes up.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Bloumeister
Certifiable

Quote:

I think it was Vincent Dampfrousse () on L'AntiCHambre

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:02 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Bergevin wasn't here when Whitey was scrapping still while his head looked like the Elephant man, that one game a couple of years ago. Talk about heart and soul Hab he's that type of player, maybe not in Nilan's league but so very close.
He does have same kind of fearlessness as Nilan but not as good scrapper.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:12 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

Happy to have White back. He has proven to be pretty effective/useful when he is playing smart hockey

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:20 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Parros has been playing almost full seasons for pretty much his whole career. So don't get your hopes up.
And like most players, and especially bad ones, Parros is only getting worse and worse every day. He was Florida's worst player all year long. And that's saying something. Kaberle was playing full seasons up until recently, too, so that argument doesn't seem all that water-tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

Wow, great job figuring that out man. Was scratching my head over this thing for the past few days.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:12 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
And like most players, and especially bad ones, Parros is only getting worse and worse every day. He was Florida's worst player all year long. And that's saying something. Kaberle was playing full seasons up until recently, too, so that argument doesn't seem all that water-tight.

Wow, great job figuring that out man. Was scratching my head over this thing for the past few days.
You DO know an HW is being played 5-6 minutes per game, right? 7-8 at the very most?
In a physical division such as ours, there's no way this guy gets anything less than 40 games in the worst of cases.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Teufelsdreck

The signing of White means there's zero room for signing free agents. Which player could be traded or released to make room? I don't see any realistic moves.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
This is my theory on many vets around the NHL, including many vets with the habs, specifically looking at Moen and Gorges.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
While is level of play was way less intense and I admit that, he still got 5 fights in half a season, so I wouldn't say he had any reluctance to drop the glove. It's his usual pace.

I love how some people were saying that White was a bum to go to arbitration, way to overreact lol.
He "dropped" the gloves five times but even when he fought there was a reluctance to go toe to toe. His concussion came at the end of the 11-12 season and I find there was just somethign different about him after that.

Even just little things like blocked shots in same amount games he had half as many as season before.. It's hard to say, maybe the shortned season got to him, maybe playing fourth line again regularly got to him. I'm just hoping whatever it was he gets over it and starts to play with more of an edge next season.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
You DO know an HW is being played 5-6 minutes per game, right? 7-8 at the very most?
In a physical division such as ours, there's no way this guy gets anything less than 40 games in the worst of cases.
40 games? I hope not.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:00 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
40 games? I hope not.
Yep. More fun watching the game like the 5 against Ottawa where the team was physically beaten down.

You do remember our hottest goal scorer at the time, Gallagher........the guy who missed some games with a concussion.....getting run on almost every shift.

Sure, we don't want Parros in the lineup.

Bollig played in over half of the Hawks games and didn't score a single point. Stanley Cup champions regards.........

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:27 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Bollig played in over half of the Hawks games and didn't score a single point. Stanley Cup champions regards.........
Yeah, that's why they won the Stanley Cup.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:59 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah, that's why they won the Stanley Cup.
You and Andy are on the wrong side of reality.

Good job on projecting onto my post something (false) that I did not even imply. Congrats.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote