HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Murray

Old
10-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Kruky

vCash: 500
Murray

Bring up Kosty or Lapierre.

Murray was ok last year but this year he's not very good. I think it would be better to have Kosty or Lapierre. They are the future of the organization. Not Murray.

French 4th line would be awsome.

Kruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:49 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruky View Post
Bring up Kosty or Lapierre.

Murray was ok last year but this year he's not very good. I think it would be better to have Kosty or Lapierre. They are the future of the organization. Not Murray.

French 4th line would be awsome.
He can drop the golves if required...Kost cant. Lapierre I dont know.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:49 AM
tchendoh

Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
I like Murray but i gotta agree, he's terrible this year.

tchendoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Kruky

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post

Not very important now a days. Souray can drop the gloves. So is Rivest and Komisarek.

I'm sure Latendresse could drop the gloves too. If he wants to be like Bertuzzi, he will have too eventually.

Old
10-29-2006, 12:53 AM
Kruky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchendoh View Post
I like Murray but i gotta agree, he's terrible this year.
I like him too. But not this year, not right now.

Old
10-29-2006, 12:58 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Lapierre would be a better fit on that line than Kostitsyn, especially with Kosts back troubles. I wanna see Lats-Bonk-Johnson, and Begin-Plekanec-Lapierre.

That way Lats is with two vets who can handle the growing pains of learning, and our fourth line is solid defensively, with a little bit of offensive punch too.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:01 AM
Sthabs

Me too I d like them to call Kost when Downey comes back
and Murray s not really a fighter, he s a ok Pker, good forecheker, but that s it, he did dropped the gloves last year and did not impress anyone....Still hasnt done anyting this year...
but somehow i dont think it s gonna happen before an injury...

How about this ?

21-11-73
Samso-Kovy-Perez
Johnson Bonk Lats
Begin Plek Kost

Sthabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Kruky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Lapierre would be a better fit on that line than Kostitsyn, especially with Kosts back troubles. I wanna see Lats-Bonk-Johnson, and Begin-Plekanec-Lapierre.

That way Lats is with two vets who can handle the growing pains of learning, and our fourth line is solid defensively, with a little bit of offensive punch too.
I agree with you about Lapierre.

Any of those two would be an upgrade on Murray. I too prefer Lapierre.

Old
10-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Oh you better believe Lapierre can 'chuck the knucks' when called upon.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:17 AM
marvelousmotion

I think it's about time Lapierre gets his chance. Murray is well.. Murray. He played over his limit last year. Unfortunely, it's hard to play your top game every game when you don't have the natural skills. I appreciate his hard work.. but he simply does not have the talent.

On the other hand, Lapierre is still improving and can easily become a better player than Murray. He has better hands, better vision of the game, better size, can be as gritty, shows a good work ethic too, and not but not least, will be a lot harder to play against. I'm confident that he'll be able to bring a lot more to our 4th line than Murray at the moment. Just like Murray, this guy will give his 100% night in, night out. The difference is that he has more skills and more potential..

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:22 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Let's do the trade back...

Hossa for Murray

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:26 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I think Murray simply overachieved last year...I wouldn't mind seeing Kostitsyn in his spot just for the heck of it. I mean, Kostitsyn played all the way up to my top line (ousting Ryder!) in my NHL 2007 Habs season so there's no reason why it couldn't happen in real life

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I think Murray simply overachieved last year...I wouldn't mind seeing Kostitsyn in his spot just for the heck of it. I mean, Kostitsyn played all the way up to my top line (ousting Ryder!) in my NHL 2007 Habs season so there's no reason why it couldn't happen in real life
I agree that we should call up Lapierre/Kostitsyn, although I would probably put Kostitsyn on the 3rd line and Latendresse on the 4th if Kostitsyn was the one that was called up.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:56 AM
-_-

I'm sorry guys but I don't agree this time.

I think Murray played very well in the first few games on the season... he blocked a few shots, made some good forechecks.... I'm not saying he hasn't played bad a few games, it's just that I think it's to early to make a definite move like you guys are suggesting. Murray did played bad tonight versus the Leafs, but we need to calm down a little before jumping to conclusion...

the guy has heart, grit and speed... he also doesn't mind stepping up for a teamate and his defensive game is decent at least... what else could you ask to a 4th liner ? He has the tools.

Also, I would say he played as solid as Begin so far ! If there's a thing that is bothering me about hockey in Montreal, it's the whole situation regarding the importance of having a couple of good ''québécois'' on the team... don't get me wrong, I'm 100% québécois, as you can judge by the quality of my english, but I sometimes wonder why langage should be such an important thing when it comes to professional sport... anyway thats just an opinion... like I said don't get me wrong I like Begin a lot, but I wonder if he would be in the heart of the fans that much if he wasn't a good guy from the province. Nobody is talking about his difficult start of the season... at least in Montreal's media world.

(Another example : Perezhogin vs. Latendresse... almost nobody in the medias is talking about giving an offensive role to Perezhogin... right now the only rookie who should have a chance to shine in their opinion is Latendresse... It sucks because medias should pay attention to the things a player can bring when he's ON the ice, not outside !)

On this, I wish you all to enjoy our beautiful sport as much as you can ! ''Nuestro equipo jamas sera vencido'' (for those of you who know the song ''El pueble unido, jamas sera vencido'' - Victor Jara)

-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:18 AM
Traitor8

I don't remember where I read this but I read that Carbonneau told Kostitsyn(when they cut him) that they gonna do an evaluation of the team after 20 games or so games...

so give management another 10 games or so and we might see some different people called up and other sent down.

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Say word son! Did the exact same thing in my season. Then he went and played himself onto the bench.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 06:41 AM
RC51

I don't think Murray is playing worse, it's he not playing better.
It's a lot more like this, his line mates are playing better and Murray has not (or cannot) play better. Sure every player can have a good game, over 10 games a truer picture comes out.

NHL Hardly any fights anymore, it's all about speed now.
You can always insert a policeman if the other guy brings one to a game. But the Habs have good prospects that need at least SOME NHL action. Injury's will happen and at some time prospects will be called up. The better they are prepared for NHL speed the better.

SO rotate the last spot, the 3rd guy on the last line, its like a halfway house. Keep the duos, Begin-Bonk, or Begin-Pleks.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Mike8

Murray needs to sit for a few games. Get him hungry again.

I don't think he overachieved last season. He's simply off to a cold start on a line that's had a cold start.

Downey or Lapierre would be better options.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 07:51 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I believe theres MANY teams now that we play where we dont really need an enforcer. Colorado was one example where Kosty would have been a better choice than any grinder. Against our division, Downey is nearly ready to play and he should be the one on the ice. I believe Murray doesnt have to clear waivers right?

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Mike8

Murray should need to clear waivers, actually.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Live Forever

Please change your title. I got the impression he was injured or something.

I think Murray should stay in the line-up. He is a character guy who sticks up for his teammates. It's hard to win game or rally back from a deficit without a grinding line. As much as I love Kosty and hope that one day we'll make a spot for him in or pro-roster, I don't think the 4th line is where he belongs. Come playoff time, you'll see how valuable a grinding line can be, whether it's getting a garbage goal, creating havoc for the goalie, laying big hits, playing borderline dirty and getting into the oppositions head. Personally I'd say Lats should sit before Murray.

Last edited by Live Forever: 10-29-2006 at 08:01 AM.
Live Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Murray has struggled a little bit this year, but he's also had his good moments. One problem with a guy who only plays 7 mins a game is that mistakes get amplified, especially when they lead to goals. Higgins was a turnover machine last night compared to Murray, but it didn't seem so bad spread out over 20 mins, and none of them directly led to a goal against.

Carbonneau sent a message by benching him in the 1st period. Murray knows he sucked. He'll bounce back. The bigger problem, IMO, is Begin, who just hasn't been very good at all. Maybe he should play wing, maybe he's injured. I'm one of those who thinks Begin is better at wing. He's not very good at defensive coverage as a C, and it seems to take him out of his fireball forechecking game too. If the lines stay the same way, that 4th line should be much better with Plekanec at C.

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised to see Lapierre get another call. Carbonneau might want to have the extra body around to give him some line-up flexibility and a hammer to use against guys like Murray and Begin who know they should be playing better.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Let's do the trade back...

Hossa for Murray
let's try it with Atlanta.

Otherwise, no.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:11 AM
mcphee

davedave, I was just going to ask why Begin was getting a free pass ? Murray hasn't contributed much, made a few soft plays in his own zone last night, but Begin hasn't been a factor either. I agree with Mike8 as to why, but the fact remains.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

If we bring up Laps or Kosts, I'd try these lines:

Higgins Koivu Ryder
Perezhogin Kovalev Samsonov - Seemed to work last night. Might as well try again.
Begin Bonk Johnson - Checking line
Lats Plekanec Lapperiere/Kosts - Kid line

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote