HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins Re-Sign Harry 'Scrabbles' Zolnierczyk [1 year/$550,000/2-way deal]

Old
07-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Gwydyr
Allons-y Alonso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoPuntzJones View Post
You are the devil.
Indeed. He's booking a flight to the KHL as we speak.

Gwydyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoPuntzJones View Post
You are the devil.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 12:47 AM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post

Crafton is real, working in spirit
You can see him and hear him on this board every day

BrunoPuntzJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:57 PM
CrosbyMalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Cooke> Jokinen
Kennedy>D'Agostini

I know some people won't admit that but it's true. Yes Jokinen put up a lot of points in the dog days of the season but Cooke was more physical, better down low, & a better penalty killer.

Kennedy despite his chest sniping flaws was a NHL player. D'Ago struggled to stay a float last year.

I'm not saying "We aren't going to make the playoffs" I'm saying it's a downgrade & after being ***** slapped by the bruins we should look to move a d-man & find a impact 3rd liner by playoff time. I think Shero will do that.
Yes we got swept but the Bruins did not have a better team. Crosby and Malkin had 0 points in the series and the Pens could not beat any NHL team in a 7 game series if that happens. Despite Crosby and Malkin not scoring 3 of those 4 games could of went either way so I hardly think the Bruins were the better team. Also in case you want to argue that the Bruins had something to do with Crosby and Malkin being pointless I will strongly disagree with that. Both had plenty of scoring chances but did not finish them. It was not like the first Cup against Detroit when it felt like they had 7 guys on the ice at all times when they beat us in 6. Players and teams hit lows and highs and the Bruins should of been out the first round if not for 2 goals in the last minute of game 7 so if that happened should they of said lets make a bunch of changes?

Also saying Kennedy is better than D'Agostini is not a fact at all. They are the same age and both had 1 season with the same decent stats. They both have the speed and the shot but the same holes in their game. I will wait and pass judgement on who is better when I see how D'Agostini does with the Pens.

Jokinen and Cooke are different players so it is unfair to say one is better than the other. Jokinen scored 30 goals and 65 points in a season and Cooke could never come close to doing that. Jokinen is also great at faceoffs and has the ability to play a top line center spot when Crosby or Malkin are out which also adds value. Even last year when in the dog house and playing with less than optimal line mates he still was on pace for more than 20 goals. Cooke brings better PK although atleast Jokinen can play PK also. Cooke also brings that physical in your face play in the corners and in front of the net which is also nice. They are very different players but both have value.

Also now that Iggy and Morrow are gone Bennett will get to play regularly which also is an upgrade. Scuderi also is a big addition to this team so overall I think the Pens will still score the most points like last year but now with Scuds will be even better defensively.

CrosbyMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Til the End of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyMalkin View Post
Yes we got swept but the Bruins did not have a better team. Crosby and Malkin had 0 points in the series and the Pens could not beat any NHL team in a 7 game series if that happens. Despite Crosby and Malkin not scoring 3 of those 4 games could of went either way so I hardly think the Bruins were the better team. Also in case you want to argue that the Bruins had something to do with Crosby and Malkin being pointless I will strongly disagree with that. Both had plenty of scoring chances but did not finish them. It was not like the first Cup against Detroit when it felt like they had 7 guys on the ice at all times when they beat us in 6. Players and teams hit lows and highs and the Bruins should of been out the first round if not for 2 goals in the last minute of game 7 so if that happened should they of said lets make a bunch of changes?

Also saying Kennedy is better than D'Agostini is not a fact at all. They are the same age and both had 1 season with the same decent stats. They both have the speed and the shot but the same holes in their game. I will wait and pass judgement on who is better when I see how D'Agostini does with the Pens.

Jokinen and Cooke are different players so it is unfair to say one is better than the other. Jokinen scored 30 goals and 65 points in a season and Cooke could never come close to doing that. Jokinen is also great at faceoffs and has the ability to play a top line center spot when Crosby or Malkin are out which also adds value. Even last year when in the dog house and playing with less than optimal line mates he still was on pace for more than 20 goals. Cooke brings better PK although atleast Jokinen can play PK also. Cooke also brings that physical in your face play in the corners and in front of the net which is also nice. They are very different players but both have value.

Also now that Iggy and Morrow are gone Bennett will get to play regularly which also is an upgrade. Scuderi also is a big addition to this team so overall I think the Pens will still score the most points like last year but now with Scuds will be even better defensively.
that first paragraph and especially the bolded are some of the most inane homerific stuff ive ever read on here.

good job.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Malkin and Crosby didn't have points because of Boston. They went up against the leagues best defensive team and their excellent goalie and you don't want to give them any credit. Its ridiculous.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Ally22

I think Boston played an incredible defensive game, and a lot of that was evidenced by how every time Sid seemed to touch the puck there'd be like 4-5 Bruins sweaters on him. I don't think it's fair to say that it was ALL Boston though (not saying they didn't deserve to win, because they most certainly did, just talking about the 0 points thing). Cooke was the only forward that showed up to that series 100%--Geno at times, and Sid when he had his helmet knocked off. Sid played really uhh not good games though and melted down due to i don't even know--getting sucker punched/pissed off at the refs/frustration, and he really shouldn't have.

Maybe they should've realized they couldn't dick around with such a good defensive team like Boston and thought hmm maybe Sid can't do everything himself/would have an easier time if they put him with someone who would create some space for him...thinking about it just makes me sad and mad though

Ally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

I will never not call this guy "Scrabbles" from here on out. Actually, I'm probably gonna get lazy and call him "Scrambles" instead, since it sounds more like a spazy cat name. Yep, Scrambles it is.

Tasty Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Gwydyr
Allons-y Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
I will never not call this guy "Scrabbles" from here on out. Actually, I'm probably gonna get lazy and call him "Scrambles" instead, since it sounds more like a spazy cat name. Yep, Scrambles it is.
Wouldn't that be a better nickname for Martin though? Scrambled eggs McMartin, aka Scrambles.

Old
07-15-2013, 02:46 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
that first paragraph and especially the bolded are some of the most inane homerific stuff ive ever read on here.

good job.
To a degree. However some of the actual answer to how the two teams, as constructed when they met, actually compare involves the unanswerable question of whether a better coach would diminish to difference, if not eliminate the difference. We all, even you I think, agree that Bylsma has a huge ugly blind spot that played right into Boston's wheel house. Bylsma refuses to adjust to teams who go all out defensively. Now if we had a coach, say a Scotty Bowman for instance, who could adjust would it make a difference? Certainly. Enough that we would have advanced past Boston? The is one of those hypotheticals you can not answer as it is just that, hypothetical.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydyr View Post
Wouldn't that be a better nickname for Martin though? Scrambled eggs McMartin, aka Scrambles.
Yeah, but Martin is pure composure. And his name is really easy to type. Zolneriustcheirk's nickname comes out of necessity more than anything.

Tasty Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Gwydyr
Allons-y Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
Yeah, but Martin is pure composure. And his name is really easy to type. Zolneriustcheirk's nickname comes out of necessity more than anything.
We could just call him woodchuck then. I mean, they do possess similar facial expressions:

Old
07-15-2013, 04:25 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
We could just call him woodchuck then. I mean, they do possess similar facial expressions:

How much puck could Zolnierczyk chuck if Zolnierczyk could chuck puck?

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Fire Shero*

I hope the Pens at least get a tax write-off for signing him as a charitable donation.

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:45 AM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
He looks like a version of Craig Adams that dropped out of Harvard and then dropped out of Vo-Tech.

Last edited by UnrealMachine: 07-16-2013 at 08:18 AM.
UnrealMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:24 PM
SgtJoseph*

Its easy to Joke about Harry Z , BUT he will be the fastest skater on your club. He can flat out fly on skates and can fill a nice niche on your club.I liked him here at Philly to the dismay of many Flyers fans, good resign in my view.

Last edited by SgtJoseph*: 07-19-2013 at 11:42 PM.
SgtJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:18 AM
nhindian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Its easy to Joke about Harry Z , BUT he will be the fastest skater on your club. He can flat out fly on skates and can fill a nice niche on your club.I liked him here at Philly to the dismay of many Flyers fans, good resign in my view.
So what? Fast doesn't mean anything. Look at Grabner.

nhindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:38 AM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Are you using a guy who's turning into a perennial 20-30 goal scorer as a bad example?

BrunoPuntzJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:46 AM
BigBenSF*

Yea, I don't know how Grabner can be seen as a "bad thing". Every team would want him on their roster.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Little Potatoes

vCash: 2563
I'd love Grabner on this team. Everyone should.

The proper example would have been Rico Fata.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:59 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Look at fata or koltsov would have been better, but he's probably not a pre-crosby era fan.

Grabner makes no sense, haha

OnMyOwn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:20 PM
MonsterSurge

Bobby Farnham > Harry Z.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote