HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Officially Introduce Alain Vigneault As Coach

View Poll Results: What do you think of the hire?
Good hire 142 66.67%
Bad hire 7 3.29%
Neutral; will wait and see... 64 30.05%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Oak
Hockey Connoisseur

vCash: 397
Lol the only player AV had spoke with is Beav. "Hey Beav you sure you can still play man you look terrible!?"

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
The Rangers lacked a few things under Torts.

A strong power play for starters. Actually, I dont even care about having an elite PP but we had a horrible one. And there were no signs in years of change. This ultimately is on Sullivan, but under Torts I believe Sullivan would stay long term. So this needed to be changed.

I think under AV, the team will be better offensively as a whole. They have to be because under Torts the team was quite restricted. Defensemen had to stay back for the most part. Bad line changes, forcing 1 on 2 and no assistance or dump ins which was basically a turn over. I think under AV our offense will be more creative.

I also feel that AV will put players into better positions to succeed.

A more creative, free flowing offense along with better player coaching will result in a better offense. I think Torts ran the best conditioning in the NHL, so its tough to say he AV will come close to that but I hear hes good with players so ultimately I am fine with this.

I think Vancouver and New york are very similar roster wise, so it should be a nice transition.

I also feel that Torts is horrible in managing his roster. He always had hard times with farm league players, or taxi players. I dont like that from a head coach. Coaches should know your available players and other teams players as well.

AV I expect to do his homework.

So I liked Torts, but ultimately think a change was needed.

Thesensation19 is offline   Reply With Quote