HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

perezhogin appreciation thread

Old
10-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Boulette Cannon

vCash: 500
What a game by Perez! I just can't wait till he can get the nervousness and flimsyness out of the way.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Vintage93

Pretty sick goal, made White look like Hal Gill.

Vintage93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:02 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I don't agree. Perez has been on the checking line which means he's been playing against opponents #1 scoring line and he still has best +/- on the team.
That's the whole point. He was playing with Bonk & Johnson, which are the best 5-on-5 so far this season. No shot against him there by any means. His defensive play has improved imensely since last season. But this is exactly what I mean by proper usage - he was surrounded by the right players. We'll see how he does with different partners.

Quote:
Goals against during special teams don't count on +/-.
Edited - I originally read this wrong. PP goals against count, PK goals against do not. What I was trying to point out in my first post wasn't related to +/- but his minutes/game stat. The fact he doesn't play PK and I don't think he will any time soon results in less ice time and the minute/game stat we see. He should get increased special teams time on PP though.

Quote:
Having said all that, the kid has played great and deserves for his ice-time to increase.
Can't disagree there. He's earning more ice time and we're already seeing his usage increase with PP time.

Last edited by Turbo: 10-29-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Huh, yes they do. Only PP goals don't count. Goals against always count, whether even strength, PK, or PP. So again, fact that you don't play PK certainly helps the +/- stat.
Just to make it clear (I think you are saying the same thing but I'm not sure):
if you score a goal when you're in PK, you get +1
if you get scored a goal when you're in PP, you get -1
you get nothing in the two other cases.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Just to make it clear (I think you are saying the same thing but I'm not sure):
if you score a goal when you're in PK, you get +1
if you get scored a goal when you're in PP, you get -1
you get nothing in the two other cases.
Actually yes. Looks like I originally read Schooner's post wrong - what he first said was right. I'll fix my reply.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I dont know. But right now, I'd kill to get a 2nd line center so Perezhogin can play with Plekanec again.

I truely think we'd be in for a great ride if that was to happen.

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-other center-Kovalev
Begin-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Plekanec-Latendresse

That would not be a typical 4th line, as i think they could play their fair share of playing time right now.

Plekanec like to carry the puck in the neutral zone and feeding Perezhogin on the fly entering the offensive zone wouldnt be a bad thing right now imo.

Screw Murray, he's horrible this year.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:41 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Perez has been the biggest surprise for me this season. I thought the guy played with no heart or grit, but since adding those 10+ pds this off season, he seems to be getting more physical out there and doesn't seem to mind to drive the net as much as he did last season. I'm loving his play and hope he keeps it up. Here's to the All-Russian line

Indeed. Sammy-Kovalev-Perezoghin is the best second line for the habs for a long time ago... Each together going to get a very good offensive season IMO.

But why everybody said Russian Line ?

Kazakhstan is a country, he's born in a city in Kazakhstan... (That was a part of URSS but for a long time ago.)

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:44 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
I dont know. But right now, I'd kill to get a 2nd line center so Perezhogin can play with Plekanec again.

I truely think we'd be in for a great ride if that was to happen.

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-other center-Kovalev
Begin-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Plekanec-Latendresse

That would not be a typical 4th line, as i think they could play their fair share of playing time right now.

Plekanec like to carry the puck in the neutral zone and feeding Perezhogin on the fly entering the offensive zone wouldnt be a bad thing right now imo.

Screw Murray, he's horrible this year.
Euh! We got our second center.

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Sammy-Kovalev-Perezhogin
Lats-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Plekanec-Downey/Murray/

You can switch Plekanec and Lats.

Our second line is very nice. 7pts yesterday + 1 SO goal.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:06 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

I like when perez scored a goal he always jump in the air like he was 10years old and just got to love his smile and he his a great kid

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Sammy-Kovalev-Perezhogin
Lats-Bonk-Johnson
Begin-Plekanec-Downey/Murray/

You can switch Plekanec and Lats.
I don't think either Plek or Lats deserve 3rd line duty at this time. Both need to work their way up from the 4th. Though position to be in, but I do think it's a necessity in both cases. So my third and 4th would look like :

Begin-Bonk-Johnson
Murray-Plekanec-Latendresse

I'd also consider playing Lapierre in Murray's spot.

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:57 PM
VGTvidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
I like when perez scored a goal he always jump in the air like he was 10years old and just got to love his smile and he his a great kid
Did you see when Muller was congratulating him on the bench, Perezo looked sooo happy, I love to see players like that, always looks like its their first NHL Goal (ie : Crosby & Malkin are also like that)... The guy is just better than last year, always run for the puck like a little dog running for his ball, he's funny to watch playing and I like that!! Keep it up Zhoggy!

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:05 PM
MathMan

It was his first of the season and he'd been snakebitten (two posts, was it?) so it was a huge monkey off his back.

If the Russian line keeps clicking there'll be a lot more, I'm sure.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 03:08 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I don't think either Plek or Lats deserve 3rd line duty at this time. Both need to work their way up from the 4th. Though position to be in, but I do think it's a necessity in both cases. So my third and 4th would look like :

Begin-Bonk-Johnson
Murray-Plekanec-Latendresse

I'd also consider playing Lapierre in Murray's spot.
Bégin is strictly a 4th line player and yes Plekanec should be the LW on the 3rd line.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:02 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
What a dandy old fashioned rush that was !

Thanx man, great quality !
That's why I prefer to use putfile over youtube. The youtube server converts the files and downgrades quality when you upload on it.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
I fully agree with you, was going to write it if nobody did

It's so refreshing to see his face when he scores, you see that the kid cares if he does well or not, and hopefully now he plays more, and his confidence goes way up.

He's a diamond in the rough, he just needs someone to polish him well enough (Carbo, Muller) and light to make him shine (confidence, playing time, experience)

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Namso

Quote:
Indeed. Sammy-Kovalev-Perezoghin is the best second line for the habs for a long time ago... Each together going to get a very good offensive season IMO.

Kazakhstan is a country, he's born in a city in Kazakhstan... (That was a part of URSS but for a long time ago.)
actually perezhogin was born in the ussr (but in a part which is now kazakhstan) however he now plays for the russian team rather than the kazakh team so u could consider him russian.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:26 PM
bipolarhabfan

One word to use with Zhogin: Patience.

One NHL player to compare with Zhogin: Afinogenov.

If he reaches his potential, we will have ourselves one of the best players in the NHL. He has the raw ability to do so and all that will be required to achieve this inherent potential is time. During the lockout when many NHL stars went to play in Europe, he was playing in Russia and amassed 33 points in 43 games, which was good for 5th in the league. If he played a whole season he would have had 46 points and would have been third in total points. Therefore, he does indeed have the potential to reach superstar status. Lastly, in order for Zhogin to realize his potential he needs to start believing in his abilities and become more confident on the ice, which can only happen if he is actually playing more than 7 to 8 minutes a game.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:

He was born in Ust-Kamenogorsk and moved to (Omsk) Russia at the age of 14.

Quote:
Ust-Kamenogorsk is predominantly Russian and Ukrainian, with ethnic Kazakhs constituting less than thirty percent of the total population of 305,000.

Home city of NHLers Nik Antropov, Vitaliy Kolesnik,Evgeni Nabokov and Alexander Perezhogin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskemen

They are all ethnic russians from the russian enclave of Ust-Kamenogorsk.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote