HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the Habs Are Lacking

Old
10-29-2006, 09:14 AM
oli500

vCash: 500
Im sorry but you are totaly incorect. If the habs lack desire they would never had the energy of coming back in last nights game. They have players who want to win. The only problem with this team is that there missing a puck moving defencemen. This defence is not mobile enough and a result were often in are zone. Defencemen usualy control the pace of a period. We need dandenault and bouillon back really soon. Markov cant do all the work by him self.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:36 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
What the hell?

We somehow salvaged what could've been a total blowout, took the game to a shootout, and we LACK desire?

I bet you also thought Kaberle should've shot a few more pucks at the net and that Aebischer didn't bring his A game, right?
where was the desire in the first two plus periods ? the habs seem to be content to play at or near the level of the team they are playing instead of showing up with their A game every night , they were simply out worked by a less talented team and were very fortunate to earn a point . until they can beat teams like the leafs on a consistent basis in regulation time they will struggle to make the playoffs . we need to see the team that played buffalo in the season opener every night .

habsfan44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
they show it all game they win 8-4
But, isn't that the point. Show up when the game starts & your chances of winning are much better.

They were very fortunate last night; they were rewarded with 1 point for coming to work for maybe 10 minutes. The point of playing the games is to try for at least most of the 60 minutes.

The sky is not falling, but, this team has a long way to go before being a legitimate contender & imo, a better effort from too many players is needed to get there.

Last night was a key game against a divisional opponent, at home & we had defensemen trying desperately not to be the first one into the corners & forwards that just seemed to wish they were somewhere else. We got beaten by a banged up team that wanted it more than the Habs. If that's not a lack of desire, I don't care what you call it, it isn't good enough to win most games & it is a problem.

I expect the coaching/management team to fix it, but, imo it is a legitimate concern at this point. I hope Carbo takes his cue from Maurice & skates their a**es off today. Maybe that will wake some of them up.

Carbo N8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:03 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Im sorry but you are totaly incorect. If the habs lack desire they would never had the energy of coming back in last nights game. They have players who want to win. The only problem with this team is that there missing a puck moving defencemen. This defence is not mobile enough and a result were often in are zone. Defencemen usualy control the pace of a period. We need dandenault and bouillon back really soon. Markov cant do all the work by him self.
I'll agree the desire was there for 10 minutes of the third period. Where was the desire for the other 50? Explain that to me. We were fortunate to grab a point last night.

And every team could use another defenseman and a more mobile defense. I'm sick of that argument. Our defense is fine and proven we can compete with elite teams with the same defense we had play in last night's game vs the Leafs.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:05 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
ummm..

down 3-0 to Colorado, win 8-5
down 2-0, 3-1, and 4-2 to Toronto and lose 5-4 in 7th shootout round

thats fighting back, thats character, thats hunger
caracter or luck?

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 11:10 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
caracter or luck?
That game, in particular vs the Avs was not luck, as you say. The Habs outplayed Colorado that game and got down 3-0 early in the first period because of a couple of defensive lapses. I would say they played with the required desire for 50 minutes that game. They then proceeded to outscore Colorado 8-2 for the remainder of that game.

Old
10-29-2006, 11:29 AM
mcphee

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by desire. Effort ? I don't think effort is lacking. With some guys, the problem is that when thing sgo wrong, they try and do too much, get anxious, leave a zone too early, force a poor % pass.

Getting the most out of your ability and playing cohesively,imo, is a talent in itself. Sometimes, it doesn't work, Koivu mis-reads Higgins, Markov makes a poor cross ice pass to Komi, these things happen, and it's not a question of desire imo. They got caught flat last night aginst a team that was in desperation mode due to their 2 beatings agaisnt Ottawa. It's a long year and there's going to be up and down periods.

It's a matter of identifying areas of concern and adjusting. Getting a point last night after a dismal performance is great for Carbo and co. They didn't lose ground and have something to work on in practice, something to point to.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:01 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
I'll agree the desire was there for 10 minutes of the third period. Where was the desire for the other 50? Explain that to me. We were fortunate to grab a point last night.

And every team could use another defenseman and a more mobile defense. I'm sick of that argument. Our defense is fine and proven we can compete with elite teams with the same defense we had play in last night's game vs the Leafs.
Were not that good of a club yet. The effort wasent there yes, but more than that were missing some important pieces to are defence and as a result we have to rely on rivet,souray,nenima to play some important minuts and when you have to rely on them for minuts like it our not your club is going to be in trouble. Trust me when bouillon,dandenault and cote all come back the leafs wont be able to walk all over us the way they did last night. Are defense right now is not mobile enough to be able to compete for 60 minuts. When other teams cycle the puck down low they really have an advantage because are d right now is prone to mistake. It wasent so much that we lack desire last night, the leafs just took advantage of our depleted D. Its in games like last night were I hope managemant realises that we need a puck moving defencemen. The leafs look good last night because unlike us they had a D in kaberle who was able to skate with the puck out of there zone all night long. It made the hole diference.

Last edited by oli500: 10-29-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old
10-29-2006, 12:12 PM
GSK*

The only thing we need...

Its a shutdown d-men.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Were not that good of a club yet. The effort wasent there yes, but more than that were missing some important pieces to are defence and as a result we have to rely on rivet,souray,nenima to play some important minuts and when you have to rely on them for minuts like it our not your club is going to be in trouble. Trust me when bouillon,dandenault and cote all come back the leafs wont be able to walk all over us the way they did last night. Are defense right now is not mobile enough to be able to compete for 60 minuts. When other teams cycle the puck down low they really have an advantage because are d right now is prone to mistake. It wasent so much that we lack desire last night, the leafs just took advantage of our depleted D. Its in games like last night were I hope managemant realises that we need a puck moving defencemen. The leafs look good last night because unlike us they had a D in kaberle who was able to skate with the puck out of there zone all night long. It made the hole diference.

Oh yeah....funny how the Leafs were even weaker on defense as they were missing Kubina, Coliaccovo, Wosniewski, etc from their defense core, yet they beat us. How do you explain that? Defense was our problem? No. Our defensmen are fine as we've competed with much better teams with this very same defensive core.

Old
10-29-2006, 12:37 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Oh yeah....funny how the Leafs were even weaker on defense as they were missing Kubina, Coliaccovo, Wosniewski, etc from their defense core, yet they beat us. How do you explain that? Defense was our problem? No. Our defensmen are fine as we've competed with much better teams with this very same defensive core.
Are defense is not fine and if you want to think that way will than thats your problem. Most of are penaltys are coming from the D. And if you notice, most of the time the other team score againts us because we fail to clear are zone. Souray,rivet,komisarek and even ninema cannot skate with the puck so what do they do, they try to clear the zone along the boards. The other team blocks the clearing attem and keep cycling the puck in are zone. Notice when markov is not on the ice, were mostly pinned deep in are zone, inlless are fowards are the ones doing all the work in the offensive zone.