HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbo new line? What u think?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2006, 01:14 PM
  #1
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,586
vCash: 500
Carbo new line? What u think?

Higgins-koivu-ryder samsonov-kovalev-perez latendresse-bonk-johnson begin-plekanec-murray i like all of 4line bring everything to the table 2offensive line and 2checking line

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:26 PM
  #2
BLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
I think it looked good in the highlights I saw. Perez deserves the chance. He creates so much, let's see if he can consistantly finish given the linemates and minutes. Remember that early last season he played with Kovalev, and looked good.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:27 PM
  #3
Habs Man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
Higgins-koivu-ryder samsonov-kovalev-perez latendresse-bonk-johnson begin-plekanec-murray i like all of 4line bring everything to the table 2offensive line and 2checking line


I thought that Latendresse had his best game as a Hab and that line managed to put some pressure and create a cople of scoring chnaces in the second and third period. Kovalev at centre seems to be a great move right now. Him Perezhogan and Samsonov clicked pretty well, and should get better.

I'd rather see Plekanec with Bonk and Johnson... that line was dynamite in the pre-season.

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:27 PM
  #4
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
latendresse should stick on the 4th line..and plek should play with bonk and johnson

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:29 PM
  #5
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!
 
ROCKZO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
latendresse should stick on the 4th line..and plek should play with bonk and johnson
100 % agree

but to be frank, I think Maxime Lapierre deserves to be on the 4th ... Latendresse is playing a tough game ... but .... do we want him as a gooinsh checking forward

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:30 PM
  #6
fredez
Registered User
 
fredez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
latendresse should stick on the 4th line..and plek should play with bonk and johnson
Yes, he should.

But can Plekanec or Bonk play the wing?

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:37 PM
  #7
SpezNc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
latendresse should stick on the 4th line..and plek should play with bonk and johnson



The third line is suppose to be our most consistent defensive line, playing against the opponents best players...

latendresse struggle defensively . he really doesn't know what to do in his own zone...!!! he is skating around... Plekenec is more a two-way player with speed and some offensive upside.!!!

In the pre-season Plekanec WAS good with Johnson and Bonk

He deserves to be on the third...

Latendresse is pointless and minus 5.. Plekanec stats aren't superb too. Only two assists and minus 3 in 10 games... but I think he deserves his chance on the third...!

SpezNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:37 PM
  #8
DicAnns
Registered User
 
DicAnns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
latendresse should stick on the 4th line..and plek should play with bonk and johnson
As long as our other 4th liners are Murray and Begin, I rather have Pleks with them than Lats.

Lats - Begin - Murray has been terrible so far.
They are bad defensively and are no offensive threat whatsoever... it's a pointless line.

Having Pleks there would bring much needed defensive awareness, allowing Begin and Murray to go harder on the forecheck.
This would also allow us to play Plekanec on PK where he's been pretty good.

I also think Lats getting icetime on a line who can get something going offensively is better for his development.

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:43 PM
  #9
LouisJCloutier
Registered User
 
LouisJCloutier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gaspésie
Country: Canada
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
I like those lines. I alway thought that Plekanec could never be a great second line center. He's a good player, but is place is on a 3rd or 4th defensive line. Before putting Samsonov away, Carbo should have tried Kovalev and Samsonov with another player.

But even if Kovalev can play at center, Gainey should look for that second line center that we alway wanted. Maybe in march he'll find one....

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:51 PM
  #10
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
Getting Pleky to center the 4th line gives Begin a chance to excell on the wing. We'll see the old Begin come back if Tomas is his center.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 01:54 PM
  #11
oli500
Registered User
 
oli500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 4,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
latendresse should stick on the 4th line..and plek should play with bonk and johnson
Problem is we need to use begin as a winger or else were wasting his aggresivenes.
plekanec centering the fourth line is fine by me. Plekanec to me looks alot better when hes ask to play in a defensive role. Hes alot more comfortable on the 4th line because he can be the go two guy on that line and plays a more high tempo game when hes the go to guy. Hes not the same player when he plays with kovy and samsonov.

I like them and I believe they can work out. I mean lats and bonk had great chemestry in preseason, we should stick with it. Also that latendresse-bonk-johnson is a huge line in size.

Ryder-Koivu-higgins
samsonov-kovy-perez
latendresse-bonk-johnson
begin-plekanec-downey/murray/kid

Like it alot


Last edited by oli500: 10-29-2006 at 01:59 PM.
oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:05 PM
  #12
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,316
vCash: 500
I would call up Lapierre, and but Murray as the regular scratch, at least until Downey's return.

Lapierre would permit us to play Begin on the wing. Pleks would be on the 3rd line.

I also think Lats is ready for an healty scratch game or two, once in a while... And have someone from the coaching staff with him to explain him some things he had to do to have success in the NHL - kind of a video-tape session, but during the game. Melanson could do this?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:08 PM
  #13
VGTvidz
Registered User
 
VGTvidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I would call up Lapierre, and but Murray as the regular scratch, at least until Murray's return.

You mean Downey??

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:09 PM
  #14
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGTvidz View Post
You mean Downey??
Fixed

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:13 PM
  #15
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Ryder-Koivu-Higgins
Samsonov-Kovalev-Perezhogin
Kostitsyn*-Plekanec-Johnson
Latendresse-Bonk-Bégin
Downey

Murray waivers.

*Lapierre, Kostitsyn or Ferland. Personal choice would be Kostitsyn since he's a natural LW and would compliment Plekanec's playmaking abilities. On the other hand, Lapierre and Ferland bring grit and better checking.

IMO, Kostitsyn is a better choice because the Habs need more offensive production and this year's team is far from soft. Ryder and Higgins have been impressive with their physical implication, while Koivu's never been affraid of the traffic.

On the second line, Perezhogin has proven he can play an agressive game and isin,t affraid of digging pucks in the corners, Kovy's 222 pounds nuff said.

On the third, Johnson's not exactly a physical player, but he certainly can contribute in that area. Kostitsyn's not small neither. Johnson and Plekanec are solid in their own zone, Kostitsyn has progessed in terms of positionning.

The fourth line would enjoy the Bonk-Bégin stability, while providing good support (offensively and defensively) to Latendresse.

I like Downey, Murray I don't.. would not miss the Habs if any team grabbed him off the waivers.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:16 PM
  #16
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Ryder-Koivu-Higgins
Samsonov-Kovalev-Perezhogin
Kostitsyn*-Plekanec-Johnson
Latendresse-Bonk-Bégin
Downey

Murray waivers.

*Lapierre, Kostitsyn or Ferland. Personal choice would be Kostitsyn since he's a natural LW and would compliment Plekanec's playmaking abilities. On the other hand, Lapierre and Ferland bring grit and better checking.

IMO, Kostitsyn is a better choice because the Habs need more offensive production and this year's team is far from soft. Ryder and Higgins have been impressive with their physical implication, while Koivu's never been affraid of the traffic.

On the second line, Perezhogin has proven he can play an agressive game and isin,t affraid of digging pucks in the corners, Kovy's 222 pounds nuff said.

On the third, Johnson's not exactly a physical player, but he certainly can contribute in that area. Kostitsyn's not small neither. Johnson and Plekanec are solid in their own zone, Kostitsyn has progessed in terms of positionning.

The fourth line would enjoy the Bonk-Bégin stability, while providing good support (offensively and defensively) to Latendresse.

I like Downey, Murray I don't.. would not miss the Habs if any team grabbed him off the waivers.
Why breakup Johnson/Bonk?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:27 PM
  #17
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Why breakup Johnson/Bonk?


Plekanec and Johnson excelled together in pre-season. The reason why Bonk-Bégin were separated in the first place was because we needed a D and have traded Ribs, Pleks has moved up, so has Bonk.

The third line would not suffer from it, while the fourth line would gain a lot. Bégin is a better player with Bonk, and it gives a lot more flexibilty to Latendresse. Big, physical line with good defensive awerness and good scoring potential. What's wrong?

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:36 PM
  #18
DicAnns
Registered User
 
DicAnns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Plekanec and Johnson excelled together in pre-season. The reason why Bonk-Bégin were separated in the first place was because we needed a D and have traded Ribs, Pleks has moved up, so has Bonk.

The third line would not suffer from it, while the fourth line would gain a lot. Bégin is a better player with Bonk, and it gives a lot more flexibilty to Latendresse. Big, physical line with good defensive awerness and good scoring potential. What's wrong?
I think we should try to at least keep pairs together.

a 3rd line of Kost - Pleks - Johnson is a crapshot IMO...
Kost has 12 NHL games, none this year.
Johnson is a new comer on this team.
Pleks is being moved around, trying to find what his role his on this team.
None have ever played together on a regular basis.


I think it would take quite some time to build chemistry there, and would be a risky experiment.

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:53 PM
  #19
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicAnn's73 View Post
I think we should try to at least keep pairs together.

a 3rd line of Kost - Pleks - Johnson is a crapshot IMO...
Kost has 12 NHL games, none this year.
Johnson is a new comer on this team.
Pleks is being moved around, trying to find what his role his on this team.
None have ever played together on a regular basis.


I think it would take quite some time to build chemistry there, and would be a risky experiment.
Yeah ok, let's have Kosty down in Hamilton and Murray on the roster... he brings so much to the team.

I tell you what's crapshot;

-using Plekanec on the wing of Bonk; which traduces into Latendresse-Bégin-Murray 4th lines.. I wana puke when I see this fourth line. 3 headless chickens trying to hit everything instead of playing hockey.

-use Latendresse with Bonk-Johnson; traduces into Plekanec playing on a fourth line.. hum, oh yeah that's just a great place for a 5'10'' playmaker.. While Latendresse is so great in a checking role; hey noticed the terrible 3 minutes the Lats-Bonk-Johnson line spent in the beggining of the second period vs the Laffs?

What I suggest is bringing back the last year's Bégin-Bonk duo which was quite awesome. And bring back the pre-season Plekanec-Johnson duo which excelled both offensively and defensively... to this, add the most NHL ready prospect we have to fill the needs; which IMO is offensive production. If you think defensive reliabilty is needed, bring Ferland or Lapierre.


Last edited by Slick Nick: 10-29-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 02:59 PM
  #20
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,480
vCash: 500
Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Kovalev-Perezhogin
Plekanec-Bonk-Johnson
Latendresse-Begin-Kostitsyn

Send Murray down. Call Kosty up. Our fourth line would be much more dangerous with a guy like Kosty.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 03:11 PM
  #21
DicAnns
Registered User
 
DicAnns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Yeah ok, let's have Kosty down in Hamilton and Murray on the roster... he brings so much to the team.

I tell you what's crapshot;

-use Latendresse with Bonk-Johnson; traduces into Plekanec playing on a fourth line.. hum, of yeah that's just a great place for a 5'10'' playmaker.. While Latendresse is so great in a checking role; hey noticed the 3 minutes the Lats-Bonk-Johnson line spent in the second period vs the Laffs?
That's what I'd go with. I already explained why a couple posts above...
I don't think you can say Lats-Bonk-Johnson will always suck because they sucked yesterday... to be honest, our 1st line didn't do any better against the Leafs.

oh... and I don't mind, as you suggested, calling up Lapierre if Murray continues to struggle and Downey isn't ready to come back...

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 03:17 PM
  #22
GoHabsGO252006
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
Put Begin on LW with Bonk and JOhnson and you have a shutdown line. Alternatively bring up Kosty , No way Lats plays on anything but the fourht line and for any more than 8 minutes a game. The guy just plain isn't ready.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 03:23 PM
  #23
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,533
vCash: 500
I don't get the fixation over Kosty. He has a hard time producing in the AHL and yet so many want to bring him up as an offensive tool...

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 03:29 PM
  #24
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside Cowboy View Post
I don't get the fixation over Kosty. He has a hard time producing in the AHL and yet so many want to bring him up as an offensive tool...
Because most people (including me) believe that his talents will translate better at the NHL level.

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 03:33 PM
  #25
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,771
vCash: 500
Latendresse needs to play with a genuine center. So does Bégin for that matter. It makes no sense to put two centers (Bonk and Plekanec) on the same line while leaving Latendresse, Bégin, and Murray to flounder together. This line is awful, even worse than the sum of its parts.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.