HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it the right time to deal Souray?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2006, 03:38 PM
  #26
fredez
Registered User
 
fredez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Souray is not a good defense man.
Yes he is. Without him our record would look very different son!

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 03:52 PM
  #27
Ghost of Saku
Registered User
 
Ghost of Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
Yes he is. Without him our record would look very different son!
So far he's proved to be a better offenseman than DEFENSEman

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 03:53 PM
  #28
Duster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
He pretty well has to stay all year. The team needs him for the playoffs.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:04 PM
  #29
White Snake*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
What a stupid post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

If you are thinking we should trade him because he is ON FIRE then I could see your point. But why would we want to trade our most important peice right now. I loved his emotion last night, he picked up the whole bench. HE played an amzing game in his own zone last night. HE WON EVERY SINGLE BATTLE. And lets be honest that was the worst game Rivet played ever so he was playing for two last night. He cant cover every man out there.

Yes lets trade Souray Kovalev and Samsonov our best three players last night, what a brilliant idea. Better yet lets trade Aebischer, he played too well so we dont want him anymore.

OH wait Koivu had a off night last night so lets trade him oh and Higgins missed a wide open net so he is also a gonner.

Lets just get prospects and draft picks and then bring up Kost, Lapp, Ferland and Jancevski. THAT WOULD MAKE US A GREAT TEAM. UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!


As stupid as all that sounds this is basically what some fools are asking for around here. Lets win the CUp in 2015 , yaaaaaaaaaaa! WE just spent the last 5 years rebuilding but lets do it all over again, that is exciting. SMARTEN UP.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:04 PM
  #30
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1587 View Post
Trade Souray? Not a bad idea if we can get



A very good center like Marleau

Or a no1 d-man like Nierdermayer , pronguer , redden


But not for a 3rd line center or a 3rd d-man if he play like that.We can put him like our 6th d-man and use him in PP and PK
Souray alone will never be worth Marleau/Nieds/Pronger/Redden.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:06 PM
  #31
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Well...yeah...sell high buy low. But not when it could have a devastating effect on the teams results. Unless you can get someone who will bring as much right now to the table...I dont think its a good idea. We want to make the playoffs.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:07 PM
  #32
White Snake*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Yup, ship Sheldon away.
R U a leafs fan?

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:09 PM
  #33
Tucker316*
 
Tucker316*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Yeah, let's trade Souray so we can stock our team with another euro.


NO THANK YOU!!

I kinda like being able to watch a guy like Souray play for us.

Tucker316* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:10 PM
  #34
White Snake*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
I know I know... don't trade him... he has a monster shot... he's the main reason why our PP is 2nd... some will say he's a stud on D (but I don't think so)

The best way to make a great deal, sell high... buy low.

So I would suggest a deal surrounding Souray to LA for Visnovsky. On Spectors, they say that Visnovsky is on the block. He's a bit cheaper than Souray (1.8 instead of 2.3) and won't be a UFA this year like the other D that we have.

Discuss?
DId you watch the game last night??? He played amazingly defensicely and if I may say was our only good D man last night. I looked forward to him being paired up with Boullion we he returns and theat will solve alot of problems right there. Remember you are only as good as your d partner and we all know who Souray plays with. As for suggesting a trade, what is wrong with you pal? What is wrong with you? SOuray makes me proud to be a Habs fan!!!! I love it when he sticks up for his mates, no one will mess with him.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:11 PM
  #35
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
What a stupid post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

If you are thinking we should trade him because he is ON FIRE then I could see your point. But why would we want to trade our most important peice right now. I loved his emotion last night, he picked up the whole bench. HE played an amzing game in his own zone last night. HE WON EVERY SINGLE BATTLE. And lets be honest that was the worst game Rivet played ever so he was playing for two last night. He cant cover every man out there.

Yes lets trade Souray Kovalev and Samsonov our best three players last night, what a brilliant idea. Better yet lets trade Aebischer, he played too well so we dont want him anymore.

OH wait Koivu had a off night last night so lets trade him oh and Higgins missed a wide open net so he is also a gonner.

Lets just get prospects and draft picks and then bring up Kost, Lapp, Ferland and Jancevski. THAT WOULD MAKE US A GREAT TEAM. UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!


As stupid as all that sounds this is basically what some fools are asking for around here. Lets win the CUp in 2015 , yaaaaaaaaaaa! WE just spent the last 5 years rebuilding but lets do it all over again, that is exciting. SMARTEN UP.
It's not a stupid post if you take time to think it over. Souray is UFA next summer. Does he want to sign here again? who knows...What kind of contract will he be looking for if he keeps up with those stats? There are alot of things to consider. I think it's to early to think serioulsy about trading him. But near the trading deadline something might happen. We have Souray,Markov,Rivet who are UFA on D. Higgins and Ryder will need new contracts. So please dont say this is a stupid post....just take time and think about all of those things.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
  #36
LeGars Du Cable
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: longueuil
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
yes its the BEST TIME to trade Souray !! I hope they trade him while he's still hot

LeGars Du Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:12 PM
  #37
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316 View Post
Yeah, let's trade Souray so we can stock our team with another euro.


NO THANK YOU!!

I kinda like being able to watch a guy like Souray play for us.
Well wouldnt that beat losing him for nothing to free agency ? read my previous post for more info....Do I want to trade him? no. Do I think we have to think about it at some point this year? yes.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:20 PM
  #38
White Snake*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
It's not a stupid post if you take time to think it over. Souray is UFA next summer. Does he want to sign here again? who knows...What kind of contract will he be looking for if he keeps up with those stats? There are alot of things to consider. I think it's to early to think serioulsy about trading him. But near the trading deadline something might happen. We have Souray,Markov,Rivet who are UFA on D. Higgins and Ryder will need new contracts. So please dont say this is a stupid post....just take time and think about all of those things.
Trust me I have thought about it ever since the first nitwit mentioned we should trade Souray. You mentioned we have Rivet, Markov and SOuray looking for new contracts. ANd? Of those three who do you think sould be the odd man out? If Markov looks for something aorund 5 then Gainey would look elsewhere. If SOuray looks for around 4 then the same will happen. THis we will find out come January. I dont know about you but I willing to pay three a year for HEART, TOUGHNESS, LEADER, BEST SHOT, FAN FAV. WE need him in the playoffs. Remember Game 6 last year agaisnt Carolina. The whole locker room beahved as if they had lost already and that our chances to win that game were slim to none. BUT SOuray took over that team in that game and lead on teh ice and on teh bench it was marvellous to see. WE deserved to win that game but it did not happen. BUt Souray s actions which probaly went unnoticed by most uneducated people will NEVER be forgotten on my part.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:22 PM
  #39
White Snake*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 267
vCash: 500

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:33 PM
  #40
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
I know I know... don't trade him... he has a monster shot... he's the main reason why our PP is 2nd... some will say he's a stud on D (but I don't think so)

The best way to make a great deal, sell high... buy low.

So I would suggest a deal surrounding Souray to LA for Visnovsky. On Spectors, they say that Visnovsky is on the block. He's a bit cheaper than Souray (1.8 instead of 2.3) and won't be a UFA this year like the other D that we have.

Discuss?
Keep him and hope that Dandeneault and Bouillon are back soon to pick up the slack in that "defensive" brigade.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 04:42 PM
  #41
LeGars Du Cable
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: longueuil
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post

LeGars Du Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:14 PM
  #42
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
Trust me I have thought about it ever since the first nitwit mentioned we should trade Souray. You mentioned we have Rivet, Markov and SOuray looking for new contracts. ANd? Of those three who do you think sould be the odd man out? If Markov looks for something aorund 5 then Gainey would look elsewhere. If SOuray looks for around 4 then the same will happen. THis we will find out come January. I dont know about you but I willing to pay three a year for HEART, TOUGHNESS, LEADER, BEST SHOT, FAN FAV. WE need him in the playoffs. Remember Game 6 last year agaisnt Carolina. The whole locker room beahved as if they had lost already and that our chances to win that game were slim to none. BUT SOuray took over that team in that game and lead on teh ice and on teh bench it was marvellous to see. WE deserved to win that game but it did not happen. BUt Souray s actions which probaly went unnoticed by most uneducated people will NEVER be forgotten on my part.
The question is not if we want him back.. The question is does he want to move west to be closer to his family. See..I'm one of Souray's biggest fans as show by this post.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...be#post6020194
But I'm keeping an open mind. It would be a shame for him to leave as a UFA and us not getting anything in return...and By something I mean something decent that could help us right away. But I dont think right now we could get anything that comes close to him in return. But if we have to package him to get something that would help us...then I'm open to it.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:18 PM
  #43
Boulette Cannon
Registered User
 
Boulette Cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
So I would suggest a deal surrounding Souray to LA for Visnovsky.
Weird... I was thinking the same thing the other night, except, I would put in Kovalev and Samsonov to get Kopitar in exchange!!!


Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:53 PM
  #44
Reboot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 15
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post
DId you watch the game last night??? He played amazingly defensicely and if I may say was our only good D man last night. I looked forward to him being paired up with Boullion we he returns and theat will solve alot of problems right there. Remember you are only as good as your d partner and we all know who Souray plays with. As for suggesting a trade, what is wrong with you pal? What is wrong with you? SOuray makes me proud to be a Habs fan!!!! I love it when he sticks up for his mates, no one will mess with him.
Wow... you're quite in it my friend... i'm no GM and hopefully you're not. No worries... I hear you clear... but everyone on this board wanted to trade him last playoffs... and were just 10 games in... that's making a season right?

I'm a big fan of his play sure... but do you really want to sign him like we saw in the market for UFA last summer? Kubina's money a 5 mil? you got to be kidding right? he's gonna ask for a lot of dough

Reboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 05:55 PM
  #45
gars59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Trois-Rivières
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,668
vCash: 500
Funny , remember last year : mccabe was a god cause he produce offensivly ....

gars59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 06:05 PM
  #46
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars59 View Post
Funny , remember last year : mccabe was a god cause he produce offensivly ....
McCabe's far from a god.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 06:07 PM
  #47
HabuseMoi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,328
vCash: 500
Souray is the best defenseman scorer in the league, so let's trade him for a forward even if our team is too full to have all our nhl-ready prospect in the NHL.

what are you guys been smoking?

I'm glad you're no habs DG

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 06:15 PM
  #48
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!
 
ROCKZO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Souray has '' Some '' Value because of these 10 points :

1 - He'll destroy your face with his right fist
2 - He'll destroy your face with his left fist
3 - He'll destroy your face with leadership
4 - He'll destroy your face with his slapshot
5 - Many women find him attractive
6 - Many men find him attractive
7 - He ain't too shabby on the Pk
8 - He ain't too shabby on the PP
9 - He will devaluate any Defensive D-man he plays with ( good for resigning Chris Pronger etc... )
10 - He has a PHD in trash talking

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 06:18 PM
  #49
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!
 
Vinceee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amos, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,412
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
You have to keep him for his leadership, presence, toughness and of course his PP work.
amen...

this guy has the CH tatooed on the heart

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 06:24 PM
  #50
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I would definately consider trading souray,
BTW i was always for trading theo when is value was high !
Souray is amazing on the PP but IMO good team dont just need 2 or 3 good individuals they need good overall depth like carolina last year and tampa the year before.
I wont trade away souray for fun but ill sure look what other teams might offer, the fact that hes a UFA make the decision to trade him a little easier.

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.