HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2013, 03:29 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Did Kristo end up doing anything at the draft? (streaking, underage drinking, frostbite?)
Kristo did the smart move, getting traded to NYR for Christian Thomas. Bergevin has a really good player there. I was surprised that Thomas didn't go in the 1st round instead of to the NYR at 40th OV.

I have a feeling that Thomas will be one of the first callups this year and he might end up taking Gionta's position until he comes back. If not then the Bulldogs will be much better this season, the additions of Martin St. Pierre, Nick Tarnasky, Stefan Fournier, Steve MacAulay and Sven Andrighetto will make them a contender.

Magnus Nygren and Darren Dietz on defence should help offensively as well.

I hope they have Dustin Tokarski as the #1 goalie and Condon as backup instead of giving the icetime to Mayer again, remains to be seen i guess.

Old
07-09-2013, 11:26 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Very surprised that Josh Ho-Sang didn't even get an invite to the Hlinka camp. His puck skills are insane.

Old
07-09-2013, 12:25 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Very surprised that Josh Ho-Sang didn't even get an invite to the Hlinka camp. His puck skills are insane.
And yet they invited a Midget AAA player. Julien Nantel is a good player but he wasn't even the best in Midget AAA.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:26 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
And yet they invited a Midget AAA player. Julien Nantel is a good player but he wasn't even the best in Midget AAA.
Nantel was the best player in Midget AAA. There is more than points. Best two-way player in that league. Also amongst the top 3 Québec players at U17 which factors heavily in Team Canada's selection process.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:34 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Nantel was the best player in Midget AAA. There is more than points. Best two-way player in that league. Also amongst the top 3 Québec players at U17 which factors heavily in Team Canada's selection process.
Let's agree to disagree...

Old
07-10-2013, 08:03 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
No, Aubé-Kubel, Pépin, Audette and Bilia all fared better than he did.

Old
07-10-2013, 08:52 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
No, Aubé-Kubel, Pépin, Audette and Bilia all fared better than he did.
Nope, Aubé-Kubel and Audette had great games and very average ones while Nantel was very good in his versatile two-way game every game. Agreed on Bilia and Pépin though.

Funny how every Q follower underrates Nantel because he chose to go back to Midget AAA instead of playing on Rouyn's 4th line yet of the 13 Québécois chosen in the top-64 in this year's NHL draft, 8 played Midget AAA at 16... I feel Nantel ends picked in the 20-40 range when it is all said and done, with only Barbashev and Pépin going before him from the LHJMQ.

Old
07-10-2013, 09:03 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He didn't get the U18 invite when they won gold either. Garlent and Verhaeghe made it.... HC scouts don't like his lackadaisical play and "too cute" style. Pender spoke about it politely in interviews but the common idea is like I said.

Old
07-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Hansman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay so let's talk seriously. Goal here isn't to improve the Habs but to continue the tradition. People, if we don't draft a future Wolverine next year, we won't have a future Habs in a Wolverine jersey which is just unacceptable. But I have one name so far that will fix all that.

- Hayden Lavigne: Yeah. I know. We just drafted a goalie. Well I don't care. Nothing is ever sure in this goalie business, and this kid looks to me like a future stud. Will have some rebounds to take care of but is big, challenges the shooters, stands tall, he looks really really good.

Here's a vid...

Pads out,square to the shooter and good lateral movement.
Reminds me of Tom Barrasso.

Old
07-11-2013, 11:14 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Nope, Aubé-Kubel and Audette had great games and very average ones while Nantel was very good in his versatile two-way game every game. Agreed on Bilia and Pépin though.

Funny how every Q follower underrates Nantel because he chose to go back to Midget AAA instead of playing on Rouyn's 4th line yet of the 13 Québécois chosen in the top-64 in this year's NHL draft, 8 played Midget AAA at 16... I feel Nantel ends picked in the 20-40 range when it is all said and done, with only Barbashev and Pépin going before him from the LHJMQ.
I didn't say anything against Nantel, of whom I know very scarcely of.

All I said is that in the games that I attended(games vs USA/Sweden), there were at least 4 players who fared better than he did. Maybe I should have precised which games.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that he played in MAAA last season, but rather with what I saw when I went to Drummondville.

You can think elseway if you feel the need.

Old
07-11-2013, 11:16 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Nantel and Ho-Sang don't fill the same roles. Ho-Sang wouldn't be able to play on a 3rd/4th line like Nantel would.

Old
07-13-2013, 03:23 PM
Count of DannyKristo

I really liked what I saw from German forward Leon Draisaitl at the WJC. He's big with offensive flair and already put up close to a PPG with Prince Albert in the WHL. I think he'll be out of our range though. Future Considerations ranked him 8th overall for 2014:

http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-re...014-nhl-draft/

1). C Sam Reinhart, Kootenay (WHL), 6-0, 180
2). C/RW William Nylander, Sodertalje J20 (SuperElit), 5-10, 170
3). D Aaron Ekblad, Barrie (OHL), 6-4, 215
4). LW Blake Clarke, North Bay (OHL), 6-2, 190
5). C Michael Dal Colle, Oshawa (OHL), 6-2, 180
6). LW Nick Ritchie, Peterborough (OHL), 6-2, 215
7). D Roland McKeown, Kingston (OHL), 6-1, 185
8). C Leon Draisaitl, Prince Albert (WHL), 6-2, 200
9). LW Sam Bennett, Kingston (OHL), 6-0, 165
10). RW Anton Karlsson, Frolunda J20 (SuperElit), 6-1, 190
11). C Jake Virtanen, Calgary (WHL), 6-1, 190
12). C Jared McCann, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL), 6-0, 175
13). LW Ivan Barbashev, Moncton (QMJHL), 6-0, 185
14). D Jacob Middleton, Ottawa (OHL), 6-4, 190
15). RW Jakub Vrana, Linkoping J20 (SuperElit), 6-0, 165
16). C Tyson Baillie, Kelowna (WHL), 5-10, 180
17). RW Josh Ho-Sang, Windsor (OHL), 5-11, 160
18). D Jack Glover, USNTDP U17 (USHL), 6-2, 180
19). C Brayden Point, Moose Jaw (WHL), 5-9, 170
20). RW Conner Bleackley, Red Deer (WHL), 6-0, 200
21). D Julius Bergman, Frolunda J20 (SuperElit), 6-0, 185
22). C Adrian Kempe, Modo J20 (SuperElit), 6-1, 180
23). RW Oskar Lindblom, Brynas J20 (SuperElit), 6-0, 185
24). D Haydn Fleury, Red Deer (WHL), 6-3, 200
25). LW Matt Mistele, Plymouth (OHL), 6-2, 185
26). RW Austin Poganski, St. Cloud Cathedral (USHS), 6-1, 190
27). RW Nikolay Goldobin, Sarnia (OHL), 6-0, 165
28). RW David Pastrnak, Sodertalje J20 (SuperElit), 5-10, 150
29). D Anthony DeAngelo, Sarnia (OHL), 5-11, 165
30). LW Spencer Watson, Kingston (OHL), 5-10, 160 - See more at: http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-re....S1REqt8l.dpuf

Old
07-14-2013, 09:14 AM
ForeverHabs97

2014 is looking weak compared to 2013.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Too early to say that. 2013 actually looks a lot weaker post-draft than it was hyped to be. I don't think it's going to turn out to be a year with a lot of late round steals.

Old
07-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Too early to say that. 2013 actually looks a lot weaker post-draft than it was hyped to be. I don't think it's going to turn out to be a year with a lot of late round steals.
What do you mean? How can a draft looks a lot weaker after only 2 weeks? We will have to wait at least 5 years before juging.

Old
07-14-2013, 10:31 AM
S Bah

Hoping the Habs can load up with a couple of 2nd round picks and a late 1st, allowing them to choose these four players;

Ritchie
Goldobin
Aube Kubel
Schmaltz

Besides being good forwards all four have the name Nick and would give the Habs great depth in a few years.

Shame on me for my omission of Claude Lemieux's son Brendan, the 6'0 - 194 lbs. LW that's playing for Dale Hawerchuk in Barrie of the OHL. Another player in the OHL for Hab fans to watch, besides Connor Crisp, of Erie, Brady Vail & Jacob De la Rose in Windsor and last but not least, the Beast of the East Mike McCarron with the London Knights. Sorry Mike but I couldn't resist the urge to finally use that term, maybe Connor Crisp actually is more deserving or not. I hope they all turn out to be good players not typecast as goons, like so many fans from other teams will suggest. Crying foul whilst their teams have relentlessly beat on the Habs all these years now, "May the Force be with you All".

Last edited by S Bah: 07-15-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old
07-15-2013, 08:05 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Hoping the Habs can load up with a couple of 2nd round picks and a late 1st, allowing them to choose these four players;

Ritchie
Goldobin
Aube Kubel
Schmaltz

Besides being good forwards all four have the name Nick and would give the Habs great depth in a few years.

Shame on me for my omission of Claude Lemieux's son Brendan, the 6'0 - 194 lbs. LW that's playing for Dale Hawerchuk in Barrie of the OHL. Another player in the OHL for Hab fans to watch, besides Connor Crisp, of Erie, Brady Vail & Jacob De la Rose in Windsor and last but not least, the Beast of the East Mike McCarron with the London Knights. Sorry Mike but I couldn't resist the urge to finally use that term, maybe Connor Crisp actually is more deserving or not. I hope they all turn out to be good players not typecast as goons, like so many fans from other teams will suggest. Crying foul whilst their teams have relentlessly beat on the Habs all these years now, "May the Force be with you All".
Is it confirmed that JDR is going to Windsor?

Old
07-16-2013, 04:33 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Not yet just putting it on paper seems to make it feel right. Mind you if he stays in Europe he can play for Hamilton in a year. So win/win I guess.

Old
07-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
The opposite.

Old
07-16-2013, 08:09 PM
S Bah

I know I've mentioned the "Four Nicks" in the 2014 draft, then of course there is also Daniel Audette that is born to be a Hab in my eyes. If the Habs can't get Ritchie then Alex Pepin would more than be a good pick. Nick Schmaltz is a player that has been on my list for a few years, along with Audette and Pepin would be a good draft indeed. Talent, talent, talent in abundance with those three, Ritchie would be overload. Goldobin and Aube - Kubel can be other picks if we can't get those four.

Old
07-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I know I've mentioned the "Four Nicks" in the 2014 draft, then of course there is also Daniel Audette that is born to be a Hab in my eyes. If the Habs can't get Ritchie then Alex Pepin would more than be a good pick. Nick Schmaltz is a player that has been on my list for a few years, along with Audette and Pepin would be a good draft indeed. Talent, talent, talent in abundance with those three, Ritchie would be overload. Goldobin and Aube - Kubel can be other picks if we can't get those four.
I believe it would be wiser to just talk about the prospects for the 2014 draft instead of rushing in and say who should the Canadiens draft. The draft is in 1 year... there will be LOTS of rising and falling prospects. You speak as if it's a sure thing with those prospects.

Old
07-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's a no from Leksand.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens...suede-16072013

Old
07-17-2013, 04:30 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I believe it would be wiser to just talk about the prospects for the 2014 draft instead of rushing in and say who should the Canadiens draft. The draft is in 1 year... there will be LOTS of rising and falling prospects. You speak as if it's a sure thing with those prospects.
There is nothing wrong with fans predicting the players they think will be good and may be chosen by their team. It's all fun not a competition, just enjoy watching and see how your choices turn out in a year.

Old
07-17-2013, 09:45 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
He didn't get the U18 invite when they won gold either. Garlent and Verhaeghe made it.... HC scouts don't like his lackadaisical play and "too cute" style. Pender spoke about it politely in interviews but the common idea is like I said.
It just seems characteristic about what I don't like about Hockey Canada sometimes. So much emphasis on grit and character and hard-work all to bring home a bronze medal, while the skilled guys sit at home because they don't "fit the mould".

That said, all I know about Ho-Sang is what I see on the ice...I've heard the whispers about him not being a team player but they'd have to be pretty bad to keep him off a team...in my opinion.

Old
07-18-2013, 02:31 AM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Unfortunately, it's a no from Leksand.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens...suede-16072013
That's a shame. Would have been good for DLR to play with Rychel and Vail in Windsor and develop his skills and get a lot of ice time.

Closed Thread