HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Tyler Wright Leaves CBJ Organization

Old
07-12-2013, 04:00 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
...I wouldn't put too much stock into what wait staff thinks of a person. We hate everyone
I always have suspected as much!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Interesting that Wright would take a demotion to work for the Wings (I'm guessing he's not their director of amateur scouting), but not the CBJ. Guess the question is how much of a demotion he was offered.
Hot dog vendor? Usher? Guy who stands by the cannon?

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 08:01 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Leaves Columbus for the dark side..

Good luck Tyler, you were the Hats for heroes guy & those that do charitable work deserve good outcomes.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:46 AM
lotsaluv4cbj

Another one of those situations where we can all speculate what happened but we'll never know....

lotsaluv4cbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Matthew got it right:

Blog-Rakers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Tyler Wright is a disgusting traitor

Posted: 14 Jul 2013 10:51 PM PDT

Normally when a person moves on from the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey organization, I wish them well in their future endeavors.

Unless, of course, they leave the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey organization for the Detroit Red Wings.

What Tyler Wright did is unforgivable in this writer's eyes.

Some (those who believe Aaron Portzline's "reporting") believe that Wright was offered a different job within the organization, and did not want to accept it. A move brought on by Jarmo Keka-whatever to make room for his guys/henchmen.

I even believed that myself.

Until a source gave me these whopper quotes:

"I'm glad to be moving from an average-at-best hockey market to an original six paradise."

"Those Buckeye nut-huggers got old after the first year. I'm glad to be moving on to a market with real fans that will appreciate real hockey. That Mickey Mouse organization will regret the day they forced me out."

Go to hell, Tyler Wright. Oh wait, you're already on your way.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:15 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Matthew got it right:

Blog-Rakers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If he really said that it is a classless move and it repulses me that he has joined the Wings organization. Most around Detroit have been chalking it up to his lake home and close relationship with Holland and former goalie Chris Osgood who has now joined the Wings organization himself. The reaction has been mixed in Detroit and some of these poor comments are made by fans themselves. But for an actual member of an organization for 8 years to betray a city, fans, and team like that speaks very poorly. I guess we will have to see, but he should be severely reprimanded by the Wings if he leveled these comments, completely unacceptable.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
If he really said that it is a classless move and it repulses me that he has joined the Wings organization. Most around Detroit have been chalking it up to his lake home and close relationship with Holland and former goalie Chris Osgood who has now joined the Wings organization himself. The reaction has been mixed in Detroit and some of these poor comments are made by fans themselves. But for an actual member of an organization for 8 years to betray a city, fans, and team like that speaks very poorly. I guess we will have to see, but he should be severely reprimanded by the Wings if he leveled these comments, completely unacceptable.
Appreciate the comments, but Blog-rakers specializes in satire. I can't imagine Wright actually made those comments.

Nanabijou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:49 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
Wings fan here.

Give it to me straight: is this a solid addition for us? I get the impression that it's not. If it's not, just how bad are we talking?
The problem was, the window for the "grade" was incredibly small. I believe Wright was only here for, what, 5 years? And from that time, he went from Development Coach to Director of Amateur Scouting virtually overnight and only because others above him, that were in their positions for what seemed like forever, finally felt the ax.

A lot of the problem I have isn't with Tyler as a person as I've never met him, it is the fact that as the old guard was moved aside, Tyler kept getting elevated by the regime that had well documented troubles of finding front office talent outside the organization. A regime that refused an organizational housecleaning despite having the green light from ownership to do so. Is he suited to be working in a front office? Probably in some capacity, but his rise from basically an NHL role player to running an NHL team's draft in under half a dozen years scared me a bit.

As I've said earlier about Tyler, he was was dangerously close to becoming "The Next GM" (in my opinion, Which could have been before this season with the way the fans had pretty much voiced their displeasure with Howson and Priest running the show), If Ownership and Priest and Company didn't wise up and bring in some overhead in the form of JD when then did.

Its sink or swim time for Tyler. He went from the kiddie pool to jumping in the deep end without his water wings.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:52 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
This is from a fake blog that one of our posters here runs.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 08:17 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
As I've said earlier about Tyler, he was was dangerously close to becoming "The Next GM" (in my opinion, Which could have been before this season with the way the fans had pretty much voiced their displeasure with Howson and Priest running the show),
Little chance a disciple of Howson would have been in a position to take over his duties this soon into his development, especially if Howson has been ****-canned (in your fantasy scenario).

Howson really respected Wright. No idea why.

I would like to think that our owners are a bit smarter than the Islanders.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:03 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

dont expect him to have much autonomy

Holland runs a pretty tight ship all the way around in dead thing land.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Nordique

When I think of Wright as a scout, I think of actors like Juliet Lewis and Joaquin Phoenix that start their own rock bands.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote