HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who will rise? Who will fall?

Old
07-14-2013, 10:46 AM
kovazub94

vCash: 500
People who put Hagelin in a riser category are setting themselves for a disappointment. He is coming off a SHOULDER surgery, going to miss the whole camp and early part of the season. This is not a good set up to produce better than last season.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Not saying it hasn't happened yet--but my hazy brain does not remember Staal ever playing on the right side before. With his eye injury I think there is less likelihood as the injury was to his right eye and he'd be dealing with a bllind spot and on the wrong side where he'd be forced into using his backhand a lot more. It's almost like accentuating one handicap with another. It doesn't make a lot of sense.
I know he hasn't played the right side at the NHL level, and it was his right eye that took the hit. But by moving him to the right side, he has to see less and perceive less along side that wall, so he will have less ground, and ice to cover and make decisions on that side (much like how DZ plays the left).

It will be on Staal, to play off of his weak side, but he proven to be perfectly capable of playing with his back along the walls. I also think it will open him up offensively to take quick shots as he is skating in and not be the guy that has to lug the puck up the ice as much since the Rangers have McD, DZ, and Moore who are all better puck carriers than Staal.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 01:53 PM
NYR2007

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
i'll wager that if he tests FA, hes going to make closer to 6mil. And I suspect Toronto is the best fit for him.
Girardi was not drafted and the rangers gave him the opportunity to play in the NHL. That means something to most people

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 03:22 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
Girardi was not drafted and the rangers gave him the opportunity to play in the NHL. That means something to most people
More money does too.

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2007 View Post
you could say the same thing for Clarkson and the Devils. Money talks and G gets to play close to family.

That being said, Girardi should be the #2 priority after Lundqvist in re-signing upcoming UFAs.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Idlerlee
Always play Richards

vCash: 387
Risers: Stephan, Stralman, Zucc

Failers: Kreider, Richards.

Idlerlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

Risers:

Zuccarello: I expect him to put up 50 points if AV uses him correctly. I also expect to see highlights of him knocking ginormous guys over, just because he's so short he'd be skating right into Chara's center of gravity.

McDonagh: 40-50 point season, Norris finalist.

Kreider: 20/20 season.

Del Zotto: Pair him with Staal and he'll be able to play his game, instead of being relied on as the defensive guy in the pairing. 40 points, but looks a lot better.

Fallers:

Stralman: He's going to revert to how he was in 2011-2012. I think he'll be scared to be as physical just because of his injury.

Moore: he's young, he's going to be just as inconsistent as Del Zotto was.

Callahan: I think he'll get 25/20 at most. It's really hard to play hockey after surgery to repair a torn labrum. I haven't had one, but my high school teammate did.

Last edited by Kris Chreider: 07-14-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 06:40 PM
mullichicken25

If 82 points is going to be where the bar is set for Stepan then you kids better start getting your "Stepan + Boyle for Malkin" trade proposals ready

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:11 AM
NYR2007

Wonder what krieder will put up

NYR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:50 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
I know he hasn't played the right side at the NHL level, and it was his right eye that took the hit. But by moving him to the right side, he has to see less and perceive less along side that wall, so he will have less ground, and ice to cover and make decisions on that side (much like how DZ plays the left).

It will be on Staal, to play off of his weak side, but he proven to be perfectly capable of playing with his back along the walls. I also think it will open him up offensively to take quick shots as he is skating in and not be the guy that has to lug the puck up the ice as much since the Rangers have McD, DZ, and Moore who are all better puck carriers than Staal.
Not going to happen. Rangers need Staal to get back or close to his best. They're not going to push him outside his comfort zone coming back from a major vision issue. It makes no sense. Much more likely they'd move one of the two and if Marc's value is too low due to those vision concerns he won't be the one to go.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote