HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Ville Siren, Josef Boumedienne Hired as Scouts

Old
07-15-2013, 08:34 PM
davidbklyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
According to this article by Bucci
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/90...eoffrion-story

The entire article is an amazing read about his whole story, and of course the injury which forced his retirement. Interested in that I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone else in the organization.
Good read.. but article's on ESPN.com. Buccigross probably confusing CBJ with another team

davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
Good read.. but article's on ESPN.com. Buccigross probably confusing CBJ with another team
It is a good article. You put the , but I wondered if he wrote CBJ but meant Predators. I don't see what the connection would be to Jarmo or Davidson that would result in him getting a scout position right away. Jarmo seems to be bringing in a bunch of guys he's familiar with who have a good deal of experience.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:18 AM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
It is a good article. You put the , but I wondered if he wrote CBJ but meant Predators. I don't see what the connection would be to Jarmo or Davidson that would result in him getting a scout position right away. Jarmo seems to be bringing in a bunch of guys he's familiar with who have a good deal of experience.
edit: Buccigross wasn't wrong

Last edited by davidbklyn: 07-16-2013 at 01:22 PM.
davidbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Bringing in someone with absolutely zero experience in that role is "awesome"? Viqs, is 2+2 now 5?
You say "now" as though it's changed recently or something.

I think of it as awesome simply because it means he has a productive job. Whether or not he adds value to the Jackets (or whatever team) is at this point a secondary consideration, and I think it extremely unlikely that he could take value away.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:14 PM
RDriesenUD

https://twitter.com/RobMixer

Quote:
#CBJ announce the additions of @BlakeGeoffrion, Bob Halkidis (pro scouts) & Marshall Davidson (amateut scout) to the hockey ops staff.
Quote:
Halkidis also joins the pro scouting side & is a former NHL veteran. Davidson comes to #CBJ from the St. Louis staff, will scout WHL.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:19 PM
RDriesenUD

https://twitter.com/Aportzline

Quote:
#CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen on Geoffrion: "I've spoken at length with him a few times, and he really has a great read on today's players."
Quote:
More Kekalainen: "It's a real advantage when you can deal w people who have actually play against these guys, not just watched them."

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 06:50 AM
Finnpin

Boumedienne in Finnish tabloid:
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/nhl/art-1288593783410.html

His contract is 2 years and mainly will follow Swedish and Finnish leagues and even during his hockey career he was known as a "hockey freak".

"I love hockey. I watched about 150 games during season" (Not including his own games).

"I know lots of hockey people and I have plenty of connections which will help me to get more knowledge about players backgrounds"

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote