Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 02:53 PM
TychoFan

vCash: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
Jankowski did not impress me much.

Gaudreau could play this year, you can tell he is scared to play into the boards due to his size, but his skill is immense.

Monahan is good but needs to be stronger on the boards, will come with time.

Sven i didnt notice much, didnt play any of the 3rd.

Seiloff looks NHL ready to me

Tspoon should play in the AHL next year but i think he will be an awesome pairing for Brodie or Seiloff in the future.

Kanzig big and dumb and thats all i really got from him

Knight, gets knocked over lots and i noticed he tends to stay down... i hope he isnt a diver.

Reinhart looked awesome, his hands are really good and his lateral movement makes him a threat.
Is it just me or is that the best nickname ever?

And I felt that Kanzig played pretty well for his age. He managed to stop a few plays of higher level players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Did any see Janko's interview on flames.com where he literally sweat on Kristin Hallett? He was so embarrassed!
Fun way to mess with the guy. He doesn't seem to send off as much confidence as other players in interviews, but that's just me. xD

TychoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Anglesmith
GDTs now 90% off!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoFan View Post
Fun way to mess with the guy. He doesn't seem to send off as much confidence as other players in interviews, but that's just me. xD
I thought he was really composed.

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:15 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
I really liked what Jankowski provided today. He has an absolutely filthily release, and a high end hockey sense (the ability to find the open areas on the ice). I think he needs to assert himself into the play more consistently and become a larger focal point on the offensive end, because he certainly has the skills and frame to do so. With that said, I think he wanted to show that his 200 foot game has grown since last year and was making a conscious effort of not getting caught up ice. Outside of Elson, I thought he was the best player on the ice in the third period.

Monahan and Gaudreau simply dominated the game for the vast majority of the time they were on the ice. Both players posses elite hockey sense and playmaking abilities and are a treat to watch together. I believe both players ended up with three points during this scrimmage. Monahan's two way game is NHL ready, and we all certainly know about Johnny's skill.

Pat Sieloff is a physical, energetic, mobile player with a "never quit" type mentality.
I will be utterly shocked if he does not become a mainstay at the NHL level in some capacity one day very soon. I am heavily interested in seeing how his game progresses on a hopefully much better Windsor team this next year, and of course at the World Juniors as well.

John Ramage and Tyler Wotherspoon continued to impress today, and I can't say enough about just how steady these two players are as they patrol the blueline. I can't wait to see them both in Abbotsford this coming year.

Markus Granlund had yet another great game. I must say that I have always been slightly skeptical about this player, but he has certainly surprised me this week. From what I saw he was actually quite good in the faceoff circle, and of course his offensive game is top notch. His shot is lethal.

Turner Elson was the best player in both scrimmages combined in my opinion. He just continues to impress me. I did not see a single aspect of his game that I did not like. I hope he gets a significant opportunity this year in AHL and I suspect that Troy Ward is going to love this kids game.

I thought Emile Poirier struggled at times in the first scrimmage, but really came on strong today. He displayed his breakaway speed on multiple occasions and was creating opportunities for himself at the drop of a hat. His skillset and physical maturity is still quite raw overall, but you can certainly see that he has speed to burn, and a solid all around game. I fully expect him to spend at the very least another year in Gatineau, and then presumably the following year in Abbotsford (since he is a 94' born) before he is on the radar for an NHL spot.

Morgan Klimchuk certainly did not wow anybody with his offensive abilities during the scrimmages this week, but man oh man does this kid work his tail off. I would say that his puck pursuit and and work ethic were the best out of any player at camp. He will need to bulk up over the course of the next year or two in Regina, but I liked what I saw from Morgan this week. Outside of his hustle, I would say that his shot is his greatest asset.

Jon Gillies showed us first hand why he had so much success in Providence last year.
I am really not the greatest at evaluating goaltending because I have never played the position, but it is extremely hard not to come away impressed with his size and natural ability.

Lastly, I was really impressed with Ferland's finish to the camp. It is so easy to see why he had to much success at the Junior level with his size and physical gifts. His skating has improved from what I have seen and I can only hope that he has and will continue commit himself to becoming a full time pro.

I would keep going, but I thought I would end it here. All in all I thought this week was a gigantic success and it certainly showcased the amount of growth we as an organization have made in terms of selecting and developing talent over the past three years or so. I can honestly say that I have never been this excited about the prospects we have in our system, and hopefully we see the rewards of a having a legitimate prospect pool paying dividends on the big club within the foreseeable future. I for one expect we will!

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 03:49 PM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:

I agree, you can see it in his game that he isnt confident. Its written in his body language as well.

Once he bulks up that will go away. He seems quiet and motivated to me.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:19 PM
ALI

vCash: 50
Turner Elson player of the game.

Kristen is soooooooooooooooooo much hotttttttttttttter in person and that says something

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 05:40 PM
MonahanTheMan
Pray for Flames

vCash: 500
So glad that JG is playing on the right and succeeding!! Imagine the Baertschi - Monahan - Gaudreau line...

MonahanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 05:48 PM
ALI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonahanTheMan View Post
So glad that JG is playing on the right and succeeding!! Imagine the Baertschi - Monahan - Gaudreau line...
Baertschi Mcdavid Granlund
Virtanen Monahan Gaudreau

Ekblad Brodie

Book it

Old
07-15-2013, 05:57 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
Baertschi Mcdavid Granlund
Virtanen Monahan Gaudreau

Ekblad Brodie

Book it
How are we going to get Ekblad and Virtanen

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Volica

Quote:
I'd rather have another big boy on a Monahan JG line. Also Sven on another line from those two, just makes Calgary more deadly.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MonahanTheMan
Pray for Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Remember the Vancouver Canucks draft of 1999? Feaster has some big plans...

Old
ALI

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
gio, cammy something will get done.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:18 PM
MonahanTheMan
Pray for Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volica View Post
I'd rather have another big boy on a Monahan JG line. Also Sven on another line from those two, just makes Calgary more deadly.
True, Sven will probably end up centering Backlund in an infuriating second line that could pass for any other team's first.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:26 PM
TychoFan

vCash: 216
Quote:
True, Sven will probably end up centering Backlund in an infuriating second line that could pass for any other team's first.
Someone had an interesting idea, putting Backlund on the wing (where he has played before with success apparently) and having Jankowski as a possible 2nd line center.

TychoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Volica

Quote:
Someone had an interesting idea, putting Backlund on the wing (where he has played before with success apparently) and having Jankowski as a possible 2nd line center.
Janko's got miles to go until he can center a second a line in the NHL. By then, Backs should be 27/28... that's not worth putting him on the wing for a first year player down the middle.

While
JG - Monahan - X
is only maybe 2 years away from being pretty dominant at the NHL level. Janko's not going to be ready for second line duties then.

Backlund was worth throwing on the wing, if Calgary managed to get one of the FA centers, or traded for one that had NHL experience. In like 3-4 years when Jankowski can finally play in the NHL... It's not worth putting an older Backlund on the wing. You'd be better off throwing Janko there if Calgary was actually able to compete at that time.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 07:08 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
JG has some unreal skill. I think he is easily our most skilled prospect he has some incredible vision and hands. I really hope he can add some more mass to his frame as I think he has nhl ability right now.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:37 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Kristen is soooooooooooooooooo much hotttttttttttttter in person and that says something

She's still no Alex Ruiz, though.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:09 PM
ALI

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
your right she's 1000000000000 times better

Old
07-15-2013, 11:11 PM
CoRD
Rebizzle my Flizzle

Quote:
Co-sign.

CoRD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I like em both, I like em a lot

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 07-16-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:42 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Quote:
your right she's 1000000000000 times better
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Co-sign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I like em both, I like em a lot
What about Jankowski?

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about prospects.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote