HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-14-2013, 04:44 PM
  #476
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 500
I just saw this, its a documentary on the Falcons during the lockout.


CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 12:28 PM
  #477
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,944
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/Aportzline

Quote:
Defenseman Joe Lavin signed to a one-year deal w AHL Springfield. #CBJ

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 04:06 PM
  #478
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,268
vCash: 500
As I see it Springfield will have to send a couple d-men to the ECHL. I believe they signed one other d-man to an AHL contract (not the CBJ signing someone to a 2-way deal to play in Springfield....). Since I can't find that anywhere I'll just go with what we know....

CBJ has 6 spots expected to be filled with JJ, Wiz, Tyutin, Nikitin, Prout & Erixon. They'll need to carry one more (possibly 2 but unlikely) which will come from the following:

Murray
Goloubef
Savard
Melart
Larkin
Weber
St. Denis
McNeil
Parlett
Madaisky
Lavin (AHL deal only, not elligible for CBJ call up)
That's 11 defensemen with Goloubef and Savard needing to clear waivers if sent down during camp. Murray is unlikely to be a #7 and sit on the bench in Columbus so either he makes it and pushes a top 6 guy out the door (or, god forbid, Prout or Erixon take a step back). That's a lot of depth on the blueline with limited options in Columbus.

I can see Goloubef staying up as #7 with Melart the first call up. Or possibly Melart staying in Columbus as the #7 although I don't think they risk both Savard and Goloubef to waivers (one is likely to be traded if nothing settled in camp or they are pushed further down the list by Melart and Murray).

I actually hope both Murray and Melart play in Springfield to get their games in line (Murray from injury, Melart from rink size adjustment). Sounds like a pretty good D heading to Springfield regardless....

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 05:27 PM
  #479
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 500
How are Goloubef and Savard waiver eligible? Isn't it 30 games or something before you are waiver eligible?

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:31 PM
  #480
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
How are Goloubef and Savard waiver eligible? Isn't it 30 games or something before you are waiver eligible?
I think it is a combination of age when you sign and how many game you played.

From what I can tell Savard signed as a 19 yr old in 2010. According to the CBA he is exempt for 4 yrs or until he plays more than 160 NHL games. In Savard's case that was the 2011-12 season. So so far so good. But then there is this:

72
ARTICLE 13 13.4-13.4
For purposes of Regular Waivers, the five (5) year exemption for an 18 year old
skater and the four (4) year exemption for a 19 year old skater shall both be reduced to three (3)
years commencing the first season that the 18 or 19 year old skater plays in eleven (11) NHL
Games or more. The next two (2) seasons, regardless of whether the skater plays any NHL
Games in either season, shall count as the second and third years toward satisfying the
exemption.

So since Savard played in 31 games during the 2011-12 season,his exemption period was cut to three year, which would extend through the 2013 -14 season.

I would say he is safe from waivers this year.

But if someone else wants to take a crack at interpreting the CBA here's a link:

http://http://www.mcsorleys-stick.co...-Agreement.pdf

Waiver section is 13 starts on page 70 or so.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:41 PM
  #481
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 13,585
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I think it is a combination of age when you sign and how many game you played.

From what I can tell Savard signed as a 19 yr old in 2010. According to the CBA he is exempt for 4 yrs or until he plays more than 160 NHL games. In Savard's case that was the 2011-12 season. So so far so good. But then there is this:

72
ARTICLE 13 13.4-13.4
For purposes of Regular Waivers, the five (5) year exemption for an 18 year old
skater and the four (4) year exemption for a 19 year old skater shall both be reduced to three (3)
years commencing the first season that the 18 or 19 year old skater plays in eleven (11) NHL
Games or more. The next two (2) seasons, regardless of whether the skater plays any NHL
Games in either season, shall count as the second and third years toward satisfying the
exemption.

So since Savard played in 31 games during the 2011-12 season,his exemption period was cut to three year, which would extend through the 2013 -14 season.

I would say he is safe from waivers this year.

But if someone else wants to take a crack at interpreting the CBA here's a link:

http://http://www.mcsorleys-stick.co...-Agreement.pdf

Waiver section is 13 starts on page 70 or so.
Savard is consider to have signed at 20 (a 1990 player who signed in 2010 is considered to be 20, 1989 who signed in 2010 to be 21, etc. regardless of what date they actually were born)

It's a bit confusing because it's totally different for 18/19 year olds but it's in section 8.10

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 09:38 PM
  #482
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
As I see it Springfield will have to send a couple d-men to the ECHL. I believe they signed one other d-man to an AHL contract (not the CBJ signing someone to a 2-way deal to play in Springfield....). Since I can't find that anywhere I'll just go with what we know....

CBJ has 6 spots expected to be filled with JJ, Wiz, Tyutin, Nikitin, Prout & Erixon. They'll need to carry one more (possibly 2 but unlikely) which will come from the following:

Murray
Goloubef
Savard
Melart
Larkin
Weber
St. Denis
McNeil
Parlett
Madaisky
Lavin (AHL deal only, not elligible for CBJ call up)
That's 11 defensemen with Goloubef and Savard needing to clear waivers if sent down during camp. Murray is unlikely to be a #7 and sit on the bench in Columbus so either he makes it and pushes a top 6 guy out the door (or, god forbid, Prout or Erixon take a step back). That's a lot of depth on the blueline with limited options in Columbus.

I can see Goloubef staying up as #7 with Melart the first call up. Or possibly Melart staying in Columbus as the #7 although I don't think they risk both Savard and Goloubef to waivers (one is likely to be traded if nothing settled in camp or they are pushed further down the list by Melart and Murray).

I actually hope both Murray and Melart play in Springfield to get their games in line (Murray from injury, Melart from rink size adjustment). Sounds like a pretty good D heading to Springfield regardless....
I've got no problem keeping Golo as a #6/7. (It was definitely a mistake to do that with Savard last year, as many of us noted at the time, but Golo can probably handle it better.) Perhaps keep Golo as 6/7 and if Murray is ready to be called up, trade a defenceman at that point.

This will be all easier to sort out once we get word on the waiver status of Savard and Golo.

What round pick could we get for Savard if we traded him now?

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 10:41 PM
  #483
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,556
vCash: 1138
If capgeek is right, both Savard and Goloubef would have to clear waivers. It would seem to be by virtue of both of them playing professionally in the first year of their contract because their signing "age" is 20 and 21 respectively.

source: capgeek waiver calculator:

http://capgeek.com/waiver-calculator...o=1&Calculate=

http://capgeek.com/waiver-calculator...o=1&Calculate=

I have no idea if this is right or not.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 05:31 AM
  #484
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
I wasn't counting the year they only played in the A. Guess that counts.

So bringing guys to camp automatically puts them on the major league roster?

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:06 AM
  #485
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I wasn't counting the year they only played in the A. Guess that counts.

So bringing guys to camp automatically puts them on the major league roster?
Not exactly sure if that's the official word but essentially, yes. Also, due to age and the fact Savard and Goloubef are no longer on entry level deals (it's confusing) both would be elligible. I'm not sure how Melart falls because he's older but this is considered an entrly level deal I believe.

My point earlier was that we're unlikely to see the movement done. In my book we have 10 defensemen that have a shot in Columbus. This includes Murray, Melart, Savard and Goloubef. We also have the factor of waivers that could cloud the issue in camp if all of them show well enough to be considered NHL worthy. I have a hard time believing that Goloubef wouldn't be claimed if sent down and I think that would be bad for Columbus. I'm on the fence with Savard.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 05:09 AM
  #486
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
possible lineup?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 09:35 AM
  #487
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,537
vCash: 500
Just saw this at Puckrakers:

--AHL Springfield has hired 18-year pro Manny Legace as its goalie consultant. Legace, 40, was a Stanley Cup winner with Detroit in 2002 and an All-Star with St. Louis in 2008. He played 115 games in five seasons with Springfield and is the franchise’s career leader with 64 wins. Legace retired following the 2011-12 season and began his coaching career last season with Muskegon of the USHL.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 10:03 AM
  #488
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 500
I think either Savard or Golo could be traded for picks given what we have in the pipeline. My preference would be to keep Goloubef and trade Savard. Make Golo the 7th defenseman so you don't expose him to waivers. Murray and Malart start in Springfield but are the first call-ups. That's nine NHL-ready defensemen, which is what I believe a team needs to get through an NHL season without dropping off significantly in quality.


Last edited by leesmith: 08-09-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: One but not both
leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 05:43 AM
  #489
ZachACA
Registered User
 
ZachACA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I think either Savard or Golo could be traded for picks given what we have in the pipeline. My preference would be to keep Goloubef and trade Savard. Make Golo the 7th defenseman so you don't expose him to waivers. Murray and Malart start in Springfield but are the first call-ups. That's nine NHL-ready defensemen, which is what I believe a team needs to get through an NHL season without dropping off significantly in quality.
I agree, except switch Goloubef and Melart. Especially if Melart has a good training camp. I'd rather see Golo get top pairing minutes instead of eating popcorn and hot dogs.

ZachACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 11:00 AM
  #490
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,259
vCash: 500
i expect Melart to be our 7th Dman...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 11:51 AM
  #491
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I think either Savard or Golo could be traded for picks given what we have in the pipeline. My preference would be to keep Goloubef and trade Savard. Make Golo the 7th defenseman so you don't expose him to waivers. Murray and Malart start in Springfield but are the first call-ups. That's nine NHL-ready defensemen, which is what I believe a team needs to get through an NHL season without dropping off significantly in quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
I agree, except switch Goloubef and Melart. Especially if Melart has a good training camp. I'd rather see Golo get top pairing minutes instead of eating popcorn and hot dogs.
Basically agree with both.

Since he is no longer on an entry level contract I believe Goloubef would be subject to waivers if he is sent down. There is a fair chance he would get claimed, meaning zero return. Then again he might not, but it would be a gamble. Not real certain on waiver claims but I think if a team claims him he makes their roster and can't be sent down so that would make it more likely he would claear, but who knows what kind of shape rosters will be in after camps.

It would be my guess, and it's only a guess, that there will be some kind of movement during/after training camp from the blue line corps. Prospect for prospect/picks perhaps. Or maybe Nikitin + for some forward help. JJ, Murray, Tyutin are about as sure as it gets, Murray might get sent down but if he is really as good as projected it is unlikely. It would take a pretty good price but an overpayment might get Wiz, Prout, or Erixon. That leaves Savard, Golo and Melart. That makes 10, I think somebody goes.

__________________
__________________

I post, therefore I am.

Last edited by Roadman: 08-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 07:23 PM
  #492
Tom13Falcons
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I've got no problem keeping Golo as a #6/7. (It was definitely a mistake to do that with Savard last year, as many of us noted at the time, but Golo can probably handle it better.) Perhaps keep Golo as 6/7 and if Murray is ready to be called up, trade a defenceman at that point.

This will be all easier to sort out once we get word on the waiver status of Savard and Golo.

What round pick could we get for Savard if we traded him now?
Possibly 5th round maybe a 4th depending on how that organization views him. I see you keep him, increase his stock the trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Tom13Falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 01:11 AM
  #493
major major
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom13Falcons View Post
Possibly 5th round maybe a 4th depending on how that organization views him. I see you keep him, increase his stock the trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Can't showcase him to increase his value if he doesn't beat out several of our guys into the top 6. And he's now, what, 8th down the list?

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 07:16 AM
  #494
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Can't showcase him to increase his value if he doesn't beat out several of our guys into the top 6. And he's now, what, 8th down the list?
9th if you consider him ahead of Melart

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 04:44 PM
  #495
FlaggerX
Registered User
 
FlaggerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
9th if you consider him ahead of Melart
Well, this is a nice problem at least. Murray of course can be sent down at will as he's not subject to waivers. It may very well be we will lose someone to waivers on the blue line, but the loss is more likely if he's sent down later after the season has led to injuries everywhere.

Savard was not good last year, and may want out. But it may also be that he's taken management's words to heart and worked really hard this summer on his mobility and positioning. He may come back ready to seize a job and hang onto it. Prout's injury has opened a spot, though as a second year player, his job was not certain. I think it far nigh certain likely now that Murray will keep his spot coming out of camp.

FlaggerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 08:41 AM
  #496
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
SPR goes to 2-0

http://falconsahl.com/news/news/?article_id=25

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 08:51 AM
  #497
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 13,585
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Erixon had a 3 point night last night.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 10:04 AM
  #498
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Erixon had a 3 point night last night.
I still think he should be with Columbus.

RDriesenUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 10:19 AM
  #499
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,259
vCash: 500
at least he's going about it the right way...showing he is better than players in AHL, rather than sulking...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 10:38 AM
  #500
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat
 
Nanabijou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Erixon had a 3 point night last night.
Good for him. Anyone from Springfield can tell us how he played besides the scoresheet?

I hope he goes down there and forces the Jackets to bring him back.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.