HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2013-2014 Roster Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
Watch it be King.

Old
07-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
I always thought they had targeted Clifford/Nolan. Wouldn't be shocked there.

Old
07-15-2013, 09:47 PM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
Need someone to protect Papa Smurf, Momma Smurf, Mini Smurf, Cousin Smurf, Norris Smurf, Patches Smurf, Coach Smurf...

Old
07-15-2013, 09:57 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

vCash: 500
Lombardi wants the D again?

Because 9 isn't safe enough lol.

Old
07-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Lombardi wants the D again?

Because 9 isn't safe enough lol.
I don't think taking 9 is safe at all.

Old
07-15-2013, 10:34 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post
I don't think taking 9 is safe at all.
You're right, we need another set of 6 defensemen on stand by. The Kings should enter the season with 12 defensemen,

Old
07-15-2013, 10:38 PM
KingCanadain1976

wow i thought trade proposal were bad in hf I went to hb and read thru the comments to see if there were any ideas and they were talking mitchell for bourque all i can say wow im glad none of them are gms.

Old
07-16-2013, 06:41 AM
Trolfoli

If the Kings do trade with the Habs, CNS is right.. Drewiske better be coming back!!!!

Galchenyuk
Prust
2nd (or Drewiske)

Voynov
combination of
CliffordKingNolan

Win Win

HAHAHA

Kings probably just going into next season with the current roster... Won't be any moves unless cap space is opened up... Prust by himself is like 2-2.5M and probably out of the kings range at this point.

-Unless they trick Voynov into playing forward by going to the 2 fwd/ 3d set up.

Old
07-16-2013, 09:11 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
The only LW FA available that MAY fulfill our 2LW vacancy is Morrow. I say sign him to a one year deal or a two years max. Morrow and Frattin can alternate playing 2nd and 3rd LW slot and eventually settle on one. Much better options on our LW than what we had last year:

Penner & King
Morrow & Frattin

Old
07-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
If the Kings do trade with the Habs, CNS is right.. Drewiske better be coming back!!!!

Galchenyuk
Prust
2nd (or Drewiske)

Voynov
combination of
CliffordKingNolan

Win Win

HAHAHA

Kings probably just going into next season with the current roster... Won't be any moves unless cap space is opened up... Prust by himself is like 2-2.5M and probably out of the kings range at this point.

-Unless they trick Voynov into playing forward by going to the 2 fwd/ 3d set up.
But then how will the Kings land Yakupov?

Old
07-16-2013, 11:59 AM
deeshamrock

Shouldn't the Kings have posted their preseason schedule by now? Most other teams have theirs up.

And when is the NHL putting out the official 13-14 one? I know the delay had something to do with the Olympic break but I thought that was resolved.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:02 PM
KingCanadain1976

I am wondering why no one seem to think Tanner Pearson will get 2nd or 3rd lw. He has played lw with some success 19 goals 28 assists in the ahl. He has some chemistry with tyler toffolli having played with him in mancheaster. He played one playoff game so i think mangement thinks hes ready for the nhl. the only down point i can think of is he costs 900 k if that is a downside? I think we need to start promoting from within.What the point of drafting well if they never get to play ?

Old
07-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Shouldn't the Kings have posted their preseason schedule by now? Most other teams have theirs up.

And when is the NHL putting out the official 13-14 one? I know the delay had something to do with the Olympic break but I thought that was resolved.
I think it goes up tomorrow.. I read that somewhere on twitter.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I am wondering why no one seem to think Tanner Pearson will get 2nd or 3rd lw. He has played lw with some success 19 goals 28 assists in the ahl. He has some chemistry with tyler toffolli having played with him in mancheaster. He played one playoff game so i think mangement thinks hes ready for the nhl. the only down point i can think of is he costs 900 k if that is a downside? I think we need to start promoting from within.What the point of drafting well if they never get to play ?
It's not like he was drafted eons ago. The guy needs to play more pro hockey. having depth on the LW isn't a bad thing. If the guy can watch, learn, and practice with the pros and not be counted on to "Save" our 2nd line LW we'd be better off. Give the guy another year of seasoning.

I like Pearson, but if you can add Morrow or someone else on the cheap for a year, I think you have to do it. I mean this with all due respect to his talents, but I don't think Pearson improves the team for this year.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:57 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
He played 5 minutes in that 1 playoff game.

Nobody thinks Pearson will be the 2nd or 3rd LW, and for good reason. I think everyone thinks it's possible he could be the 2nd or 3rd LW, but he will have to win that job in camp. He will have to take that job away from whoever is there. Yes, King is there, and I know that everyone that plays hockey at any level, including 5 year olds, are better than King. It should then be an easy job to win for Pearson. He'll still have to do it though.

Old
07-16-2013, 12:59 PM
damacles1156

Pearson would benefit greatly from another year in Manchester. Kid needs to get stronger.

Old
07-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Johnny Utah

Pearson only had the luxury of playing in the playoffs because he is a LW, the weakest position in the organization. He struggled the first half of the year in Manchester. He will need at least one more season in the AHL.

Plus, he does not that the size, experience, and occasional bad temperament Penner, King or Clifford have. Penner is huge and showed a nasty streak in the playoffs, Clifford is big and mean and can skate, King is frustrating but still is one of the biggest Kings and few guys who can fight a guy like Reaves and not get killed. Pearson does not have this size or grit. He is 6'-0" 196 lbs.

Frattin is only bigger by about 5 lbs but he is cut and players bounce off of him.

Old
07-16-2013, 01:09 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
It's not like he was drafted eons ago. The guy needs to play more pro hockey. having depth on the LW isn't a bad thing. If the guy can watch, learn, and practice with the pros and not be counted on to "Save" our 2nd line LW we'd be better off. Give the guy another year of seasoning.

I like Pearson, but if you can add Morrow or someone else on the cheap for a year, I think you have to do it. I mean this with all due respect to his talents, but I don't think Pearson improves the team for this year.
I agree he wasn't drafted a long time ago and he doesn't have alot of pro playing time but he has showed a scoring ability at the ahl already. He wouldnt have to save anything he just need to contribute more then king and penner which shouldnt be that hard to do. Next i wouldnt start him there i would put him with Toffolli and Stoll on the 3rd line. He already has chemistry with toffolli. With Sutter as our coach the lines never stay the same so im sure he would get routed from 1st to 3rd line. Next you talk about signing someone cheap like Morrow how much cheap can you get then pearsons 900k ? theres no way morrow is going to sign that cheap. We cant afford him period. Pearson will be on this team imo unless theres some sorta trade that reshapes the lw postion

Old
07-16-2013, 01:12 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
He played 5 minutes in that 1 playoff game.

Nobody thinks Pearson will be the 2nd or 3rd LW, and for good reason. I think everyone thinks it's possible he could be the 2nd or 3rd LW, but he will have to win that job in camp. He will have to take that job away from whoever is there. Yes, King is there, and I know that everyone that plays hockey at any level, including 5 year olds, are better than King. It should then be an easy job to win for Pearson. He'll still have to do it though.
yeah he didnt play much of the game but it showed that management think hes ready to play nhl fulltime. I think he will be there on the 3rd lw spot with his chemisty of him and toffolli i think its highly likely. He s a better scoring option then king or penner imo.

Old
07-16-2013, 01:47 PM
deeshamrock

Not that it's a big surprise...figured if Pens was moving it would be Anaheim or Edmonton

Hockey Buzz Eklund ‏@Eklund 57m Hearing Penner to the Ducks is possible, but not the only team talking to him as of about an hour ago

Old
07-16-2013, 02:30 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
yeah he didnt play much of the game but it showed that management think hes ready to play nhl fulltime.
He replaced Nolan, who had a rough playoff, in the game he played in. Stoll was already out with the concussion. Clifford was out with an injury. Pearson was basically just the only guy left to put in the game. I think you're taking way too much from the less than 6 minutes Pearson played in a single game.

Old
07-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Trolfoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
But then how will the Kings land Yakupov?
Gal was second on the list of guys that would fix the Kings cap problem behind Yak... Yak has more offensive upside I think.. Gal plays center that could be usefull to the Kings..

Thought that EDM was more likely to trade Yak... they went after Clarkson (RW) which would have left them with 3 top 2 RW's... and MacT loves smaller fast puck moving D.... seems like a good match up

MTL seems less likely, but PK seems to be their only right handed D man.. just picked up Briere, Also PK is an RFA soon and there are fears that he may want Letang money. Still seems unlikely MTL bails on their future #1 center (that they have playing on LW currently)

Why the kings do this? Toffoli/Carter/Richards isn't physical enough and is a non starter... Which relegates TT to the 3rd line. So by clearing cap space and picking up an additional skilled forward the Kings would have the ability to ice 3 very good lines and not end up with something like King/Stoll/Toffoli where it isn't a shut down line and doesn't have the offense.

What looks like is going to happen is the kings are just going to run with a 3rd liner or rookie at 2nd LW.... Might could work.. lol, and if the kings weren't looking to compete in the playoffs wouldn't be a problem... So mock away... The thought of Clifford getting the 2nd LW spot I don't think is funny if you're looking for a cup...

Hell maybe Clifford or Frattin will have a break out year... I'll keep a case of Beer on hand for the games though...

Old
07-16-2013, 03:43 PM
takk

Carcillo?

Old
07-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Shellz

Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen 4s
Rob Blake is prime candidate to replace Hextall as Kings Assistant GM

Old
07-16-2013, 07:41 PM
palffytofrovlov

Don't know what to think about Blake being the Assistant GM... its probably good to have a former King but him?

Closed Thread