HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In The System Part IV (Preds Prospect, Minor League Talk)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2013, 11:55 AM
  #51
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,884
vCash: 500
Smith is going to get stronger and turn it around :-)

Forsberg-Wilson-Aberg
Leipsic-Smith-Bourque (speedsters)
Budish-Watson-Beck (700lbs line)
Stalberg-Fisher-Hornqvist
Nystrom

Weber-Josi
Jones-Ekholm
Klein-Bartley
Ellis

Rinne
Hellberg

triggrman is online now  
Old
07-16-2013, 11:58 AM
  #52
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,884
vCash: 500
We complain about forwards but really our we have some interesting offensive prospects in Watson, Forsberg, Beck, Budish, Aberg and Salomaki.

triggrman is online now  
Old
07-16-2013, 11:59 AM
  #53
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Smith is going to get stronger and turn it around :-)

Forsberg-Wilson-Aberg
Leipsic-Smith-Bourque (speedsters)
Budish-Watson-Beck (700lbs line)
Stalberg-Fisher-Hornqvist
Nystrom

Weber-Josi
Jones-Ekholm
Klein-Bartley
Ellis

Rinne
Hellberg
If Smith can turn it around I like this team in a few years. I mean really like.

glenngineer is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 12:02 PM
  #54
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,884
vCash: 500
I really hope the Budish-Watson-Beck line pans out.

triggrman is online now  
Old
07-16-2013, 11:12 PM
  #55
Flgatorguy87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Nasty
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I really hope the Budish-Watson-Beck line pans out.
I think more likely is Salomaki-Watson-Beck, and I'm ok with this. Salomaki was the hardest working guy on the ice in DC, throwing his body around everywhere. It was fun to watch honestly.

Also in regards to Leipsic...not only is he undersized for a center, but he plays like a wing. There will be nothing wrong with having another Paul Kariya in our system *knock on wood.

Flgatorguy87 is offline  
Old
07-17-2013, 10:26 PM
  #56
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Scott Ford has re-signed with Milwaukee for next season. Great leader for our younger players. A true pro. Ford will likely remain with the Ads upon retiring.

Seth Lake is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 09:05 AM
  #57
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,469
vCash: 500
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...predators.html

A review of Nashville's OHL prospects (aka only Mikko Vainonen).

__________________
OHL Prospects Blog - http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/
OHL Prospects on Twitter - @BrockOtten
Brock is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 05:31 PM
  #58
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Didn't see this noted anywhere else, but Zach Stepan has decommitted from Ohio State University for the fall as a result of their head coach being fired. He's now going to play for Minnesota State University- Mankato

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 05:32 PM
  #59
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...predators.html

A review of Nashville's OHL prospects (aka only Mikko Vainonen).
Vainonen is a guy I don't know a whole lot...but your description makes him sound like a Kevin Klein type? Accurate?

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 08:42 PM
  #60
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Vainonen is a guy I don't know a whole lot...but your description makes him sound like a Kevin Klein type? Accurate?
Yup. That would be an accurate comparison I think.

Brock is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 08:09 AM
  #61
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,884
vCash: 500
Except Klein is an above average skater. By far our best skating defenseman.

triggrman is online now  
Old
07-25-2013, 10:10 AM
  #62
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,098
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Didn't see this noted anywhere else, but Zach Stepan has decommitted from Ohio State University for the fall as a result of their head coach being fired. He's now going to play for Minnesota State University- Mankato
Even more reason for me to be annoyed with that firing. I still have no explanation for why it made any sense whatsoever.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 06:50 PM
  #63
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
The Predators today signed defenseman Bryan Rodney to a two-way deal. He'll replace Mike Moore in Milwaukee. Veteran AHL offensive defenseman. Played in the Carolina system last season IIRC...

Seth Lake is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 09:32 PM
  #64
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
WJC Gold medal game between USA and Sweden on the NHL network tonight. Good to see Jones and Forsberg in game situations.

WartracePred is offline  
Old
07-26-2013, 09:07 AM
  #65
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
The Predators today signed defenseman Bryan Rodney to a two-way deal. He'll replace Mike Moore in Milwaukee. Veteran AHL offensive defenseman. Played in the Carolina system last season IIRC...
He hasn't been in the Carolina system in a couple of years, it looks like. Most recently played for Manchester, on what was, I believe, an AHL contract.

Does have a handful of games in the NHL with Carolina and Edmonton.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
07-26-2013, 09:43 AM
  #66
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
He hasn't been in the Carolina system in a couple of years, it looks like. Most recently played for Manchester, on what was, I believe, an AHL contract.

Does have a handful of games in the NHL with Carolina and Edmonton.
Interesting. It looks like he has been on an AHL only deal the past year or two. Guess we'll have to wait for the official announcement to see what type of deal he gets this year.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/539

Not a coincidence I believe that with the addition of Housley, the Predators are filling up on two-way offensive defensemen.

Seth Lake is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
  #67
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Milwaukee head coach Dean Evason and assistant Stan Druila have had their contracts extended through the 2014-15 season.

Seth Lake is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 12:30 AM
  #68
The PH Factor
Registered User
 
The PH Factor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Milwaukee head coach Dean Evason and assistant Stan Druila have had their contracts extended through the 2014-15 season.
Looks like Cinci Cyclones announced a new coach in Ben Simon this past week. Any recon on him?

The PH Factor is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 07:30 AM
  #69
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by The PH Factor View Post
Looks like Cinci Cyclones announced a new coach in Ben Simon this past week. Any recon on him?
Veteran two-way center. Original draft pick of Chicago, but never played for them. Notre Dame graduate. Made his NHL debut with Atlanta and played parts of three seasons there before moving onto the Blue Jackets. Finished his career playing in AHL, Germany, and England where he played his final season as a player-coach with the Sheffield Steelers and won the league championship. Has been an assistant coach in the Blackhawks system a Rockford (AHL) the past wo seasons. This is his first head coaching position.

Seth Lake is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 03:33 PM
  #70
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 21,098
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Veteran two-way center. Original draft pick of Chicago, but never played for them. Notre Dame graduate. Made his NHL debut with Atlanta and played parts of three seasons there before moving onto the Blue Jackets. Finished his career playing in AHL, Germany, and England where he played his final season as a player-coach with the Sheffield Steelers and won the league championship. Has been an assistant coach in the Blackhawks system a Rockford (AHL) the past wo seasons. This is his first head coaching position.
Hmf. I thought at first that'd make for two ex-Jackets on Cincy's coaching staff, but I can't find Cassels on the Cycs site anymore.

Viqsi is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 03:48 PM
  #71
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Hmf. I thought at first that'd make for two ex-Jackets on Cincy's coaching staff, but I can't find Cassels on the Cycs site anymore.
He only coached one season. I believe he's now coaching at one of the Chiller rinks in the Columbus area now...

Seth Lake is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 04:39 PM
  #72
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Ben Simon... that name sounds familiar. Wonder if he came through Milwaukee at some point.

EDIT: OHHHHHH. He was on the '04 Calder Cup winning team. Wasn't there at season's end, though.

jwhouk is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 05:07 PM
  #73
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
Ben Simon... that name sounds familiar. Wonder if he came through Milwaukee at some point.

EDIT: OHHHHHH. He was on the '04 Calder Cup winning team. Wasn't there at season's end, though.
Meant to put that in his bio...

Seth Lake is offline  
Old
07-27-2013, 06:13 PM
  #74
Jonesey
Moderator
Sons of Anarchy
 
Jonesey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Smyrna, Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 8,180
vCash: 500
I didn't know Stan Drulia was in Milwaukee. I remember when he played for the Atlanta Knights.

__________________
Posted by: Live in the Now
I've grown soft.
Jonesey is online now  
Old
07-27-2013, 06:16 PM
  #75
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I didn't know Stan Drulia was in Milwaukee. I remember when he played for the Atlanta Knights.
Druila joined Milwaukee as an assistant to Ian Herbers when Kirk Muller left midseason. Druila was a head coach in the ECHL with the Wheeling Nailers when he left to join the Admirals. This will be Druila's third season with Milwaukee.

Seth Lake is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.