HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-la...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-16-2013, 09:29 AM
  #51
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter
 
PuqTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
Now we all know that theres a 99.9% chance that nothing happens
Oh. My. God. Be a man and own it. You are interested in the rumor and wanted to see what it could be.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 09:44 AM
  #52
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,098
vCash: 500
Obviously Clifford, Nolan and King are all of interest to habs. you don't want players back because you're already at surplus? A 3rd line LW? I don't think you want Bourque or Gionta. We can definitely trade you a 2nd or 3rd...maybe a prospect like Louis Leblanc (1st rd, 2009) or something better - We're loaded with D. Beau Bennett may be available, Morgan Ellis maybe even 2rder, 2012 Dalton Thrower

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 09:53 AM
  #53
damicius
Registered User
 
damicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Prague
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Budaj +2014 5th for Scrivens to clean space for Jagr at 3,0M

damicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:08 AM
  #54
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
We have a hole at 2LW which Clifford is not. Frattin MAY fulfill that 2LW spot, but my guess is he'll be our 3LW with Clifford, King and Andreoff battling for the last LW spot.
No we have not.
Toffoli is a perfect fit.

If we start trading Clifford we are looking for a replacement like him.
And that of course makes no sense.

Right now we are not good trading partners to any team.
We don't have picks or players to give away

Brown - Kopitar - williams
Toffoli - Richards - Carter
Frattin - Stoll - King
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

that is how it looks to me
If at all we have a hole at 3rd line winger position since
i don't see King being something valuable

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:09 AM
  #55
typicaljs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
what would it take to pry max pac out of MTL? I imagine him or Borque would be the only targets from the Kings end

Could something like Stoll + Ellerby + a pick/prospect get it done?

How much more valuable to MTL would Stoll be than Nolan or King?

Enlighten me, HF.

typicaljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:12 AM
  #56
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Odd man out? When Nolan, Clifford, and Lewis sign, we'll only be at 13 forwards. That includes Toffoli. We have 9 d on the roster too and it's very possible we'll only carry 13 forwards and go with 8 D. So no. He's not the odd man out.
Sorry, thought he was expendable because he was scratched in the playoffs.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:13 AM
  #57
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Obviously Clifford, Nolan and King are all of interest to habs. you don't want players back because you're already at surplus? A 3rd line LW? I don't think you want Bourque or Gionta. We can definitely trade you a 2nd or 3rd...maybe a prospect like Louis Leblanc (1st rd, 2009) or something better - We're loaded with D. Beau Bennett may be available, Morgan Ellis maybe even 2rder, 2012 Dalton Thrower
Isn't Beau but Mac Bennett that MTL has.

Marc-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:15 AM
  #58
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicaljs View Post
what would it take to pry max pac out of MTL? I imagine him or Borque would be the only targets from the Kings end

Could something like Stoll + Ellerby + a pick/prospect get it done?

How much more valuable to MTL would Stoll be than Nolan or King?

Enlighten me, HF.
We would be more than honoured to give you our leading scorer for a 3rd line centre and 6th defenceman.

The Kings are not getting Pacioretty because the Habs would want offence in return, which makes the trade redundant.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:22 AM
  #59
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,251
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
I'd agree that LA would rather keep the non-Keaton named d-men, but it's not as if they're untouchable. We're not talking Kopitar and Doughty here.
No. You don't understand how vitally important both our to our team. Neither Greene or Mitchell will be moved. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Sorry, thought he was expendable because he was scratched in the playoffs.
No worries. A lot of people subbed in and out of our lineup during the playoffs. Nolan didn't have a great year but many people struggled. We don't need to move him though because of it. He isn't being forced out just yet.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:54 AM
  #60
Winger23
Registered User
 
Winger23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
-Clifford at 2nd line LW is a patch over the hole, not filling the hole... unless the Kings find a way of clearing cap space, the only solution will be a patch. So you are looking at Clifford/Frattin/Pearson to "PATCH" the hole till next year... (not ideal when trying to contend for the cup, may be only option)

-Fixes for the LW hole, UFA: Penner/Morrow need to clear cap space and that's if there is interest in signing either. The Kings could trade for a legitimate LW, but then what do the kings give up to get a top 6 player?

-Most Kings fans freak out at the thought of going Kopitar/Carter/Richards down the center and don't consider it a viable option. So I don't see Carter/Richards moving down to the 3rd line. If they do the kings need to pick up more skilled players so as not to waste Carter's talent with say King/Nolan....

-Lewis can fill in for Stoll for short periods, but is in no way a replacement. Thought the Sharks series made that clear.

-Trading for a center that may be able to play left wing could work. Kinda like how Carter plays on the right wing, but is actually a center. Don't know if Montreal has a player that's a fit or what the cost would be if they do.

-Brandon Prust is also interesting, but a little on the expensive side for the kings limited cap space.

Again Clifford playing on the first line during the playoffs because Brown's knee was **** doesn't make him a top 6 player.

Forgot... it's DL you are telling that he doesn't need more centers not me... lol He likes his centers
Just a few things. I never said Clifford was 2nd line material, just if frattin is on the third line, who plays on the 2nd line with the current roster?

The issue I had was trading Clifford for draft picks with the current roster. Until the kings acquire another LW I don't see how trading Clifford is even an option.

Regarding stoll, I never said he wasn't valuable. I simply said the kings have players that can cover until he is able to return, but they do not need to trade for a center or RW until he is out. Right now there is on indication that he is even going to miss a practice and if he does go out for a few weeks they have it covered easily.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:02 PM
  #61
junyab
Registered User
 
junyab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
No. You don't understand how vitally important both our to our team. Neither Greene or Mitchell will be moved. Period.
I DO understand the importance of both players to you team. But to say that neither could be discussed in a trade proposal is a tad foolish.

junyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:16 PM
  #62
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,875
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
I DO understand the importance of both players to you team. But to say that neither could be discussed in a trade proposal is a tad foolish.
Then you don't understand importance of both players to the Kings. The Kings didn't have either of these players for almost all of the regular season last year and sorely missed them. Not only on the ice but also from a leadership standpoint.

The Kings lost Scuderi, leaving Greene and Mitchell as their stay at home D. The Kings can't trade one in the fear that the other might get hurt. The Kings are in win now mode, much more so than Montreal. The Kings don't have a prospect ready to replace them and don't have any cap room.

So any trade involving Greene or Mitchell would have to be for the exact type of player in return for the exact same cap hit.
Get it now?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:20 PM
  #63
The Beyonder
Registered User
 
The Beyonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,592
vCash: 500
I don't get it... everyone here complains about this guy, knocks him as an unreliable source, yet people here post his rumours, discuss them, and link his site to give him hits.

The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:29 PM
  #64
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beyonder View Post
I don't get it... everyone here complains about this guy, knocks him as an unreliable source, yet people here post his rumours, discuss them, and link his site to give him hits.
Not eveyone hates Eklund there are some that do some that don't. In this case he states that the two teams are talking and nothing else. That just seems to spark conversation as to what they are talking about i don't see the problem with that.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:29 PM
  #65
CptMtl06
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Don't forget they made a ytrade for Drewiske last year

CptMtl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:36 PM
  #66
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,251
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
I DO understand the importance of both players to you team. But to say that neither could be discussed in a trade proposal is a tad foolish.
Then you completely do not understand. You don't understand their importance or anything about the Kings if you remotely think Greene or Mitchell are even THOUGHT about being moved. Period. Our team relies on putting out one puck moving D with one defensive defenseman. We need 3 strong defensive defenseman. We have 3. Now none of them are moving. End of the story. That's how we won our cup and that's how we'll win one again if we're lucky enough. Plus we have zero to replace them and are right up against the cap.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:39 PM
  #67
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
I DO understand the importance of both players to you team. But to say that neither could be discussed in a trade proposal is a tad foolish.
Why is it foolish? Both are untouchables because of the lack of replacements that could step in and do their job.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:40 PM
  #68
GRECOHAB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Greece
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicaljs View Post
what would it take to pry max pac out of MTL? I imagine him or Borque would be the only targets from the Kings end

Could something like Stoll + Ellerby + a pick/prospect get it done?

How much more valuable to MTL would Stoll be than Nolan or King?

Enlighten me, HF.
From a Habs fan...

I will do Pacioretty for Stoll+Ellerby+pick/prospect...

only if you do...

Kopitar for Desharnais+Diaz+pick/prospect...

Thats exactly how close value is. After all we dont need another center. We have enough. Actually we have centermen playing at wing like Galtchenuyk and newcomer Briere. No need for Stoll...Nolan and King are sizable, gritty players but we have no spots left to fill at the bottom lines, unless Moen comes the other way...

From Montreal the only players we should consider, realistically speaking, like many have predicted above, are Clifford and Greene. From LA's POV i can see some interest in Bourque (upgrade to your LW2 spot) and perhaps to a young, cheaper defensemen than the ones you have, shedding some salary down the road. In conclussion, the only trade senario i can figure out, involving players by both sides, is:

Greene+Clifford (LAK) for Bourque+Diaz (MTL)

LOS ANGELES KINGS

Quick-Scrivens

Bourque-Kopitar-Brown
Carter-Richards-Williams
Frattin-Stoll-Toffoli
Nolan-Lewis-King
ex.Fraser/Pearson/Andreoff

Doughty-Regehr
Voynov-Mitchell
Martinez-Diaz
ex.Muzzin/Schultz/Ellerby


MONTREAL CANADIENS

Price-Budaj

Briere-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Clifford-Eller-Galtchenuyk
Prust-White-Moen
ex.Parros/Dumont/Leblanc

Markov-Subban
Greene-Gorges
Bouillon-Tinordi
ex.Emelin(ingury)/Drewiske/Beaulieu

GRECOHAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:41 PM
  #69
Ewan McGregor
Registered User
 
Ewan McGregor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,919
vCash: 622
Nothing will happen. Just like the last time he predicted a "big trade" a few days ago

When will you people learn...

Ewan McGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:44 PM
  #70
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,710
vCash: 500
When a team makes the Conference finals two years in a row, you don't make sweeping changes just for the sake of it. You tweak the peripheral pieces to see if you can coax a little extra something out of them. That means your bottom six, depth defensemen, a backup goalie perhaps, but not guys like Mitchell and Greene. They are anything but peripheral pieces.

And it is their contribution to this currently humming machine we have elevates them to the status of unmovable.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:47 PM
  #71
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRECOHAB View Post
From a Habs fan...

I will do Pacioretty for Stoll+Ellerby+pick/prospect...

only if you do...

Kopitar for Desharnais+Diaz+pick/prospect...

Thats exactly how close value is. After all we dont need another center. We have enough. Actually we have centermen playing at wing like Galtchenuyk and newcomer Briere. No need for Stoll...Nolan and King are sizable, gritty players but we have no spots left to fill at the bottom lines, unless Moen comes the other way...

From Montreal the only players we should consider, realistically speaking, like many have predicted above, are Clifford and Greene. From LA's POV i can see some interest in Bourque (upgrade to your LW2 spot) and perhaps to a young, cheaper defensemen than the ones you have, shedding some salary down the road. In conclussion, the only trade senario i can figure out, involving players by both sides, is:

Greene+Clifford (LAK) for Bourque+Diaz (MTL)

LOS ANGELES KINGS

Quick-Scrivens

Bourque-Kopitar-Brown
Carter-Richards-Williams
Frattin-Stoll-Toffoli
Nolan-Lewis-King
ex.Fraser/Pearson/Andreoff

Doughty-Regehr
Voynov-Mitchell
Martinez-Diaz
ex.Muzzin/Schultz/Ellerby


MONTREAL CANADIENS

Price-Budaj

Briere-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Clifford-Eller-Galtchenuyk
Prust-White-Moen
ex.Parros/Dumont/Leblanc

Markov-Subban
Greene-Gorges
Bouillon-Tinordi
ex.Emelin(ingury)/Drewiske/Beaulieu
I would rather have Clifford over Bourque (injuries), although I really do like the way he plays.
Obviously would rather have Greene over Diaz.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 12:50 PM
  #72
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor View Post
Nothing will happen. Just like the last time he predicted a "big trade" a few days ago

When will you people learn...
Nolan's rights for a 4th or 5th would not surprise me.
Doubt it is anything major.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 01:43 PM
  #73
junyab
Registered User
 
junyab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Then you completely do not understand. You don't understand their importance or anything about the Kings if you remotely think Greene or Mitchell are even THOUGHT about being moved. Period. Our team relies on putting out one puck moving D with one defensive defenseman. We need 3 strong defensive defenseman. We have 3. Now none of them are moving. End of the story. That's how we won our cup and that's how we'll win one again if we're lucky enough. Plus we have zero to replace them and are right up against the cap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Then you don't understand importance of both players to the Kings. The Kings didn't have either of these players for almost all of the regular season last year and sorely missed them. Not only on the ice but also from a leadership standpoint.

The Kings lost Scuderi, leaving Greene and Mitchell as their stay at home D. The Kings can't trade one in the fear that the other might get hurt. The Kings are in win now mode, much more so than Montreal. The Kings don't have a prospect ready to replace them and don't have any cap room.

So any trade involving Greene or Mitchell would have to be for the exact type of player in return for the exact same cap hit.
Get it now?
I'm not saying the Kings are shopping them.

The likelyhood one of them gets moved, not good.

I'm saying their not untouchable. I highly doubt Lombardi hangs up the phone on any call that begins with "I've got a deal for Greene...". If you think so, it's foolish. If he would, he's in idiot.

Capiche?

junyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:02 PM
  #74
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicaljs View Post
what would it take to pry max pac out of MTL? I imagine him or Borque would be the only targets from the Kings end

Could something like Stoll + Ellerby + a pick/prospect get it done?

How much more valuable to MTL would Stoll be than Nolan or King?

Enlighten me, HF.
Enlighten you? Montreal says 'never' to that trade
lol

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 02:08 PM
  #75
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,875
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
I'm not saying the Kings are shopping them.

The likelyhood one of them gets moved, not good.

I'm saying their not untouchable. I highly doubt Lombardi hangs up the phone on any call that begins with "I've got a deal for Greene...". If you think so, it's foolish. If he would, he's in idiot.

Capiche?
So what you are pretty much saying is that you just want to argue

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.