HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Maelpj*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

I found this. There's more on the side.
who the hell is that tall dude (no. 6 I think), at 20:42 going on the breakaway? big and explosive as hell!

Old
07-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
who the hell is that tall dude (no. 6 I think), at 20:42 going on the breakaway? big and explosive as hell!
Looks like Beaulieu

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675703

Old
07-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Maelpj*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
yep, it's him. Wow, the kid is fast a ****. I remember thinking to myself the same thing this year when he played his first game with the Habs.

Old
07-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven View Post
How can you call a player explosive when he is gliding in this clip.

Old
07-16-2013, 11:42 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

How are the Hab prospects CHL teams looking for next season, how good or bad do you expect the teams to do. As it looks I will need to watch less NCAA and more CHL next year.

QMJHL- Baie-Comeau Drakkar, Chicoutimi Sagueneens, Gatineau Olympiques and Halifax Mooseheads

OHL- Erie Otters, Windsor Spitfires, London Knights (Memorial Cup host)

WHL- Kamloops Blazers

Old
07-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
How are the Hab prospects CHL teams looking for next season, how good or bad do you expect the teams to do. As it looks I will need to watch less NCAA and more CHL next year.

QMJHL- Baie-Comeau Drakkar, Chicoutimi Sagueneens, Gatineau Olympiques and Halifax Mooseheads

WHL- Kamloops Blazers
I can only comment on the OHL teams, but all three should be contenders. London is a no-brainer to be the favorite, but Windsor should take a major step forward, especially if their imports show up. And Erie should finally not be a free two points.

Their top line will be as solid as any and they have some great young pieces taking a step. I expect they'll be middle-of-the-pack in the always tough West.

Old
07-16-2013, 01:07 PM
S Bah

Quote:

WHL- Kamloops Blazers
One can only imagine how good the London Knights line of Bo Horvat, Max Domi and Mike McCarron will be. Mark Hunter expressed his opinion on which line Mike will play this morning on 690 FM. Sounds impressive to say the least, Mark chuckled at Tony's reaction to the line.

Two years and he should be ready for the NHL bad boys or at least hold his own against guys like Lucic. He doesn't want another Komisarek incident and ruin a kid's career. Sound advice from a former Hab great.

Dale Hunter has him for 200 games to shape him into the PWF he will be, when the Habs bring him into the fold with Tinordi. Two hulking players out of the London Knights player Factory.

Old
07-16-2013, 02:17 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:

Baie-Comeau: Really good, one of the best in the league. They should fight with Rimouski for the top of the East division. Grégoire will play RW on the 2nd line.

Chicoutimi: Bad team. Except for Hudon and Dauphin on offense, it's really bad. I expect Hudon to be traded to a contender.

Gatineau: Good team. They added some interesting pieces and should win the West division. Reway will play LW on the 1st or 2nd line.

Halifax: Losing a lot of offense but they still have a decent team. They should win the Maritimes division but it won't be very competitive next season. Fucale will see more pucks than last year that's for sure.

Old
07-16-2013, 07:24 PM
S Bah

I seen the Kyle Clifford to Habs thread can't see the LA Kings trading that LW hitting machine, sign Mason Raymond the Canucks 6th leading scorer and top PK. The speedster whose defensive play and 5 on 5 play is sublime. Plekanec and Briere would be rested from less PK time, so they can score 5 on 5. Raymond can also be looked at as another part of the core group for the future Hab Stanley Cup Championship teams. Too bad the Canuckleheads can't make the Salary Cap, like the Habs can. Payback is a ***** for Gillis, taking Horvat and a few of the draftees the Habs wanted this year.

Last edited by S Bah: 07-16-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old
07-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I seen the Kyle Clifford to Habs thread can't see the LA Kings trading that LW hitting machine, sign Mason Raymond the Canucks 6th leading scorer and top PK. The speedster whose defensive play and 5 on 5 play is sublime. Plekanec and Briere would be rested from less PK time, so they can score 5 on 5.
Sure if we're trying to assemble the softest roster of all time.

Old
07-16-2013, 07:52 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I think someone took over S Bah's computer.

Old
07-16-2013, 08:20 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
I think someone took over S Bah's computer.
Like I said no way does LA trade Clifford without the Habs losing a piece of the core and Raymond while being a speedster also is a great PK. PK is a great thing when the Habs start getting tougher and that's an eventuality I anticipate with more pleasure than a rabid Bruin or Leaf fan after all these years. Connor Crisp, Jarred Tinordi and Mike McCarron, say hello to the new Habs.

Old
07-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Baie-Comeau: Really good, one of the best in the league. They should fight with Rimouski for the top of the East division. Grégoire will play RW on the 2nd line.

Chicoutimi: Bad team. Except for Hudon and Dauphin on offense, it's really bad. I expect Hudon to be traded to a contender.

Gatineau: Good team. They added some interesting pieces and should win the West division. Reway will play LW on the 1st or 2nd line.

Halifax: Losing a lot of offense but they still have a decent team. They should win the Maritimes division but it won't be very competitive next season. Fucale will see more pucks than last year that's for sure.
Halifax has lost a lot of talent. Mackinnon, Drouin, Fournier, Boudreau, McCauley, Abeltshauser. There defense will still be pretty good in front of Fucale and their 2 imports seem like legit offensive weapons. That said imo their only chance to compete for the league title is if Drouin gets returned after 9 games. I'd love to see Hudon traded to the Moose at the trade deadline if Drouin was returned.

I can't believe I left out Frk leaving. That is a lot of firepower gone.

Last edited by Scotianhab: 07-16-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old
07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Halifax has lost a lot of talent. Mackinnon, Drouin, Fournier, Boudreau, McCauley, Abeltshauser. There defense will still be pretty good in front of Fucale and their 2 imports seem like legit offensive weapons. That said imo their only chance to compete for the league title is if Drouin gets returned after 9 games. I'd love to see Hudon traded to the Moose at the trade deadline if Drouin was returned.
Please, Hudon to the Moose!1

Moose won't dominate like they did last year, but I believe they can have a similar season to the year before when they lost to Chicoutimi.

Old
07-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Moose won't dominate like they did last year, but I believe they can have a similar season to the year before when they lost to Chicoutimi.
Always been a Mooseheads fan and having Hudon in Halifax would be awesome. I work shift work and live in the Valley but I would try to make it to way more games than I do. Having Fucale there being a Habs pick now is great as well.

Old
07-16-2013, 08:57 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Always been a Mooseheads fan and having Hudon in Halifax would be awesome. I work shift work and live in the Valley but I would try to make it to way more games than I do. Having Fucale there being a Habs pick now is great as well.
No way!

Habs Prospects website
Old
07-16-2013, 09:02 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

I think you've seen the last of Jo and Mac in Moose jerseys so I don't think they should mortgage more future to attempt at competing.

Old
07-16-2013, 09:05 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I think you've seen the last of Jo and Mac in Moose jerseys so I don't think they should mortgage more future to attempt at competing.
I am reluctant to think Drouin will be in the NHL right away.. I think he could stand to add more muscle to his frame, much like Huberdeau had to.

Old
07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
I am reluctant to think Drouin will be in the NHL right away.. I think he could stand to add more muscle to his frame, much like Huberdeau had to.
I agree but I think Tampa likes him too much.

Old
07-16-2013, 09:14 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
I can only imagine if Drouin came back to Junior and the Moose were struggling by the deadline. They could get a massive haul by a team for Drouin.

Old
07-17-2013, 03:54 AM
S Bah

The Habs can use a quality Top Four Defenceman these are some I feel could fill the position and leave them to concentrate on forwards in 2014 - 2016;

Alex Pietrangelo* - St.Louis - 6'3" - 200 lbs. RD
Zach Bogosian * - Winnipeg - 6'3" - 215 lbs. RD
David Rundblad * - Phoenix - 6'2" - 190 lbs. RD
Kevin Bieksa - Vancouver - 6'1" - 200 lbs. RD
E.Gudbranson* - Florida - 6'5" 210 lbs. RD
Tyler Myers - Buffalo -6'8" -230 lbs. RD
Erik Johnson - Colorado - 6'4" -230 lbs. RD
Kevin Klein - Nashville - 6'1" - 200 lbs. RD
A.Volchenkov - New Jersey - 6'1" - 225 lbs. LD
John Moore * - New York R - 6'3" - 202 lbs. LD
Pat Wiercioch* - Ottawa - 6'5" - 205 lbs. LD
B. Coburn - Philadelphia - 6'5" - 220 lbs. LD
Simon Despres* - Pittsburgh - 6'4" - 214 lbs. LD
Victor Hedman* - Tampa Bay - 6'6" - 233 lbs. LD

Some are veterans, the best player would be the younger ones still on ELC's.
*beside the players I deem the Habs best choices, getting one of those Defencemen for draft picks would give the Habs a defence rivaling their defence from the 70's Championship teams maybe better.

Old
07-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Treb

vCash: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Habs can use a quality Top Four Defenceman these are some I feel could fill the position and leave them to concentrate on forwards in 2014 - 2016;

Alex Pietrangelo* - St.Louis - 6'3" - 200 lbs. RD
Zach Bogosian * - Winnipeg - 6'3" - 215 lbs. RD
David Rundblad * - Phoenix - 6'2" - 190 lbs. RD
Kevin Bieksa - Vancouver - 6'1" - 200 lbs. RD
E.Gudbranson* - Florida - 6'5" 210 lbs. RD
Tyler Myers - Buffalo -6'8" -230 lbs. RD
Erik Johnson - Colorado - 6'4" -230 lbs. RD
Kevin Klein - Nashville - 6'1" - 200 lbs. RD
A.Volchenkov - New Jersey - 6'1" - 225 lbs. LD
John Moore * - New York R - 6'3" - 202 lbs. LD
Pat Wiercioch* - Ottawa - 6'5" - 205 lbs. LD
B. Coburn - Philadelphia - 6'5" - 220 lbs. LD
Simon Despres* - Pittsburgh - 6'4" - 214 lbs. LD
Victor Hedman* - Tampa Bay - 6'6" - 233 lbs. LD

Some are veterans, the best player would be the younger ones still on ELC's.
*beside the players I deem the Habs best choices, getting one of those Defencemen for draft picks would give the Habs a defence rivaling their defence from the 70's Championship teams maybe better.
Pietrangelo,Bogosian,Gudbranson, EJ, Hedman can't be had with draft picks, unless we have the 1st overall +.

Old
07-17-2013, 09:29 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Pietrangelo,Bogosian,Gudbranson, EJ, Hedman can't be had with draft picks, unless we have the 1st overall +.
Any player can be had, if Gretzky can be traded any player can be traded. Jimmy Carson and four 1st round picks for Gretzky and McSorley if I remember correctly. None of those guys are anywhere near the player Gretzky was. Any picks the Habs give up aren't going to be in the top twenty and the defenceman they get should make the picks even later in each round. The Habs need only make an offer sheet to the player whose team has Salary Cap issues, other teams like NYR's and Edmonton have done this successfully. Why not the Habs finally using the doors that are left open to them?

Last edited by S Bah: 07-17-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old
07-17-2013, 10:10 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I can only comment on the OHL teams, but all three should be contenders. London is a no-brainer to be the favorite, but Windsor should take a major step forward, especially if their imports show up. And Erie should finally not be a free two points.

Their top line will be as solid as any and they have some great young pieces taking a step. I expect they'll be middle-of-the-pack in the always tough West.
Figured on London but wasn't sure about Windsor as they didn't look very good in the few games I saw last year but glad to hear they should be better. I caught two Erie games and while McDavid looks like a future star I figured they were in for another tough year. I wonder though if Crisp has a good season, would they consider trading him to a playoff bound team since it's his last year anyway and he looks like someone that might be an asset in the playoffs on a good team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post

Interesting, thanks. Should be fun watching as I haven't followed Drakkar since the Loic Lacasse/Alexandre Dulac-Lemelin days. Too bad for the Sags but Hudon is a treat to watch in his own right so I won't mind watching them play. I really want to follow Gatineau as in the little i've seen from Reway he looks like he's going to be a very fun player to watch. I'm actually hoping Halifax isn't that good as I want to see how Fucale does without the big names on the team (I now wish I paid more attention to the Moose last year)

Quote:

I can't believe I left out Frk leaving. That is a lot of firepower gone.
Hudon to the Moose would be interesting for sure. I'm interested to see how Fucale will do as it would appear that he's going to have to carry a lot of the load if they are to be successful.

Quote:

What did you think of Fucale going into last season. I had heard he didn't look very good the previous season, but I have paid little attention to him, thought for sure he was going to be a top 20 pick so when I did see the moose play it was usually to watch the team they were playing.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:21 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
What did you think of Fucale going into last season. I had heard he didn't look very good the previous season, but I have paid little attention to him, thought for sure he was going to be a top 20 pick so when I did see the moose play it was usually to watch the team they were playing.
My only thoughts that were negative about Fucale going into the previous season was that he had some bad moments in the play-offs, especially against Chicoutimi, where he just wasn't ready on a lot of plays that were in quiet areas. He'd get beat from a floater over the blue-line, or a bad angle shot from the sides of the face-off circles, let in a trickler or two. It was my only concern was whether or not he could stay 'entertained' during the whole game, not worrying too much about reading the potential play and making sure the puck was taken care of first.

This season, he changed a lot of that around, he had to sit for long period of times in the play-offs without feeling the puck then face a break-away. He still let in some softies but when the game was on the line, Fucale was ready with a big save to preserve the tie, the lead, or a one goal deficit. Since the Chicoutimi series, I haven't seen Fucale lose a game for his team but I've seen him turn the tide.

The reports about him being able to win are true, he battles, he finds a way to win even on bad nights. However, his demeanor and style of play is very Price-like, I didn't want him in the 1st round because he would be scrutinized the same way Price is. Be prepared for that.

Closed Thread