HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers - Leafs - Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2013, 01:01 AM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

vCash: 50
All the people saying this is an excellent proposal have me suspicious... Am I missing something?

This is bad for the Oilers and Rangers and great for the Leafs. I find it especially funny that the Oilers have to throw in their first rounder for the privilege of trading away a young #1 centre who was drafted 1st overall.

Old
07-17-2013, 01:01 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

vCash: 500
Leafs win. Rangers and Oilers get bent over hard.

Old
07-17-2013, 01:05 AM
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

As an Oilers fan...mayb...no......yes...........idk....possibl. .......not now.........................yes.

EDIT: NO

Old
07-17-2013, 01:09 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
New York and Edmonton will scream till the cows come home about the lack of logic included in this proposal.

Oil fans: RNH is worth WAY more than that! He's one of the best playmakers to be drafted in years! Possibly since the likes of Adam Oates or Ron Francis!

NYR fans: McDonagh is a proven 1st pairing d-man. No way in hell are we giving that up for a first line winger, let alone a first line winger who's got 1 year left on his contract!

Leafs fans: Where the hell do I sign?

Old
07-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Duffman955

Rangers make out like Bandits.

Mcdonalds = Kessel ?

WTF

Old
07-17-2013, 01:21 AM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter99 View Post
Hall is better defensively, equal to Kessel offensively, a stronger player, a better team leader and doesn't float like Kessel has in the past and his +/- is better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
It took Kessel 6 seasons to become a ppg player Hall 3 and Hall ppg career high is already higher than Kessel Season and Career. Make a Hall and Kessel poll who would you rather have.
Maybe this will be the season the rest of the Kessel naysayers will come around. The only time Hall wasn't 1 dimensional was in Jr, since then he is below avg defensively and worse than Kessel offensively and Kessel has shown to be a better playmaker. I get why Oiler fans have so much love for their big 3 cuz u need to have something for all those years of bad hockey. Also Kessel's rep is still tainting your perspective. Watch at least 6 full Leaf games this year and then rate Kessel. I have seen Hall play in EDm and all through Jr and sure he has drive and skill but he is still riding what got him success in jr and he needs more weight to do that or he will be a 40-50 game player. Same with RNH kid has hockey IQ and playmaking ability that amazes me but his body isn't NHL ready. Out of Hall, Eberle, Yak and RNH only Eberle is truly NHL ready. I'm not saying they don't have the skill set to play in the NHL but that they will continue to be constantly injured,

Old
07-17-2013, 01:22 AM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
Rangers make out like Bandits.

Mcdonalds = Kessel ?

WTF
6 years of their #1D for 1 year of Kessel.

They're making out like a gang of very unsuccessful bandits.

Old
07-17-2013, 01:26 AM
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
It took Kessel 6 seasons to become a ppg player Hall 3 and Hall ppg career high is already higher than Kessel Season and Career. Make a Hall and Kessel poll who would you rather have.
In an 82 game season. Let's see how many seasons it takes for Hall to do that.

Old
07-17-2013, 01:27 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
Maybe this will be the season the rest of the Kessel naysayers will come around. The only time Hall wasn't 1 dimensional was in Jr, since then he is below avg defensively and worse than Kessel offensively and Kessel has shown to be a better playmaker. I get why Oiler fans have so much love for their big 3 cuz u need to have something for all those years of bad hockey. Also Kessel's rep is still tainting your perspective. Watch at least 6 full Leaf games this year and then rate Kessel. I have seen Hall play in EDm and all through Jr and sure he has drive and skill but he is still riding what got him success in jr and he needs more weight to do that or he will be a 40-50 game player. Same with RNH kid has hockey IQ and playmaking ability that amazes me but his body isn't NHL ready. Out of Hall, Eberle, Yak and RNH only Eberle is truly NHL ready. I'm not saying they don't have the skill set to play in the NHL but that they will continue to be constantly injured,
Hall ppg career is higher Hall ppg last season higher halls aspg average last season higher than Kessel ever has hit You talk words facts are there

Old
07-17-2013, 01:29 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Fine so Kessel has one ppg season in his career took him 6 years so Hall next year being his 4th will do it than , lmao Leaf fans.

Old
07-17-2013, 01:30 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
That doesn't phase me.

Last year Edmonton had more depth and we've got more depth going into next year. It'll be even easier for him that way. Would it be crazy to think that he'll put on 8 pounds and play at 203 pounds next year? I figure he'll make out at no more than 210 pounds.

More power to use less strength to win more battles = more offense.

Old
07-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
And we're done.