Tara and DOC (Luke Gallows) released!

Old
07-16-2013, 09:29 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Tara and DOC (Luke Gallows) released!

I feel TNA doesn't get much love on these boards, so when something news worthy is released, I'll make a thread for it.

IMPACT WRESTLING Verified account
‏@IMPACTWRESTLING
Impact Wrestling has released Tara. We thank Tara for all her contributions and wish her the best of success in the future.

Bit of a surprise. Does she manage to make her way back to WWE? It would be tremendous seeing a battle of the crazy chicks, between Victoria and AJ. Plus, her presence alone would really bolster the Divas division.

DOC (Luke Gallows) has also been released.

Old
07-16-2013, 11:34 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

vCash: 500
I heard rumors TNA was late on paychecks. Neither of these cuts make much sense. Tara is a good worker and still looks great for 42 and Gallows (although he looks too much like Knox) is a good big man.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Megahab

I doubt WWE picks up Victoria. She is 42 now. There are only a few women that might be worth hiring at this age because of their name value (Trish, Lita).

Megahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 11:57 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

I read DLo Brown was fired as an agent, and Bruce Prichard is on the way out.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:00 AM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
I doubt WWE picks up Victoria. She is 42 now. There are only a few women that might be worth hiring at this age because of their name value (Trish, Lita).
She would be a very good pick up as a NXT trainer. Kind of like how they picked up Billy Gunn.

I know they have Sarah Del Rey as a Divas trainer, but they need to have someone who has actually been there and done that to teach them how to work the WWE style (no matter how crummy the WWE diva style match may be).

On a different note: For the first time in along time, red flags are popping up and TNA is in trouble.

I have read for years from people like Road Dogg and Jeff Jarrett that TNA will never have any shortage of money as long as the Carter's are involved. However, these past 10 days are not indicative of a company that is in healthy standing. Dixie's pops won't pull the plug on it tomorrow, but to me these past 10 days come across as the last act of a desperate company.

These horrendous ratings, non-existent PPV buy rates, and the failed going on the road experiment have caught up to them.

Last edited by El Dandy*: 07-17-2013 at 12:05 AM.
El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 01:56 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Yet useless talent like Hogan and his daughter, Bish's son and slugs like Ken Anderson keep their bloated paychecks.

Its beginning to look like the money taps are tightening a little bit on TNA.

I would think that some seriously bigger cuts are coming.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:41 AM
Bad News Bears
FEED HIM, BODES

vCash: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
I read DLo Brown was fired as an agent, and Bruce Prichard is on the way out.
WWE, please bring back D-Lo.

Bad News Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad News Bears View Post
WWE, please bring back D-Lo.
This.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

can't believe they released DOC...there was a good storyline brewing with him turning on A&8

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
can't believe they released DOC...there was a good storyline brewing with him turning on A&8
I just could never see him as anything else but festus.

I didn't like his character in TNA and I, just as my own taste not taking a shot at you, could care less about the inner struggle of A&8.

I do think he's a big man that can work, but he just does not bring anything to the table other than being a big jobber. imho

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
I just could never see him as anything else but festus.

I didn't like his character in TNA and I, just as my own taste not taking a shot at you, could care less about the inner struggle of A&8.

I do think he's a big man that can work, but he just does not bring anything to the table other than being a big jobber. imho
no worries...and its a very valid point...guess i was just hoping for more from him and a good feud like that may have been it

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

I've heard rumors that some cuts were/are being made to help open up money for Rampage, but not sure if those are anything but rumors. They've needed to pare back on their roster and payroll for awhile now anyway so this might be a way of righting the ship or it might be just plugging a hole while the rest of the ship sinks. I think we'll find out sooner rather than later.

Tara has her own restaurant in Chicago, so I can see her retiring from the business.

DOC is still good buddies with Punk, although I'm not sure he'd be anything more than a jobber in WWE. Can't see the SES coming back but he's at least as serviceable as someone like Tensai.

Engebretson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:37 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Pritchard will probably be canned, he's being blamed for the Doc release. He was also asked to restructure his own contract and he told TNA to pound sand.

More restructuring on the way as they're asking their road agents to go to night by night deals. D-lo supposedly accepted that and was fired anyways.

Look for a lot more talent to be let go in the coming days and weeks as this is a big restructure.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:57 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
I've heard rumors that some cuts were/are being made to help open up money for Rampage, but not sure if those are anything but rumors. They've needed to pare back on their roster and payroll for awhile now anyway so this might be a way of righting the ship or it might be just plugging a hole while the rest of the ship sinks. I think we'll find out sooner rather than later.

Tara has her own restaurant in Chicago, so I can see her retiring from the business.

DOC is still good buddies with Punk, although I'm not sure he'd be anything more than a jobber in WWE. Can't see the SES coming back but he's at least as serviceable as someone like Tensai.
I don't know if you'll see him in WWE any time soon, its almost time for the annual future endeavors run.

I would like to see Tara back in WWE in some capacity, a trainer in NXT would be a good idea because she's a girl that could really work, and play characters.

Same with D-Lo. He's a pretty smart guy. I always felt really bad for him over the whole Droz incident.

Pritchard's finished, there's probably no home for him in WWE who probably won't hire former TNA executives after the last bad experience

Old
07-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
no worries...and its a very valid point...guess i was just hoping for more from him and a good feud like that may have been it
and that's fair too, they were certainly building him for something. as usually TNA starts something and gives up on it.

and as someone else mentioned, while he is good friends with Punk, the WWE does not just give jobs to the best friends of their wrestlers.

as a big man who can work, i have no idea why he can't be used as a solid mid card guy that puts over talent. i hope he does get a job back in WWE.

Tara on NXT is a great idea. She'd bring a lot to that training role.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:55 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Gallows was out there for a long time before he went to TNA. I would have thought the best time to bring him in was after Punk's mention of him almost two years ago now.

Old
07-17-2013, 01:09 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

<3 Victoria

She still has one of the best finishers I've ever seen from a "Diva".

She would be awesome for someone like Paige on NXT who embodies a very similar character to what Victoria often portrays.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
and as someone else mentioned, while he is good friends with Punk, the WWE does not just give jobs to the best friends of their wrestlers.
Too true. If they did, Colt Cabana would be treating us to a decent commentary team.

Engebretson is online now   Reply With Quote