HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anthony Peluso to Boston

Old
07-16-2013, 07:29 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

vCash: 500
The NE pretty much got sick of Thornton eagle-clawing the fight matchups, allowing everyone else on the Bruins to play over the edge, and doubled-down on enforcers.

Since 2009, Thornton's fight card against the Sabres was like:
Montador (decisive win)
Rivet (decisive win)
McCormick (edge Thornton)
Weber (decisive win)
Regehr (decisive win)
Scott (concussion)

Now, Boston can ignore these developments, and continue their practice of being the best team in the conference, or they can trade for someone like Peluso and keep their edge from years past while being slightly worse.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
The NE pretty much got sick of Thornton eagle-clawing the fight matchups, allowing everyone else on the Bruins to play over the edge, and doubled-down on enforcers.

Since 2009, Thornton's fight card against the Sabres was like:
Montador (decisive win)
Rivet (decisive win)
McCormick (edge Thornton)
Weber (decisive win)
Regehr (decisive win)
Scott (concussion)

Now, Boston can ignore these developments, and continue their practice of being the best team in the conference, or they can trade for someone like Peluso and keep their edge from years past while being slightly worse.
Delusional if you think it makes them any worse.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Didn't we draft Camara on a reach pick In the 3rd to be Thorntons heir apparent?

If the argument is that he's not ready...I guess I'd say I wish we didn't trade away Lane Macdermaid

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:51 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

A fifth rd pick seems good value for him but why would you trade away a fighter that can skate, hit and play some hockey for a pick which will more than likely never pan out?

I liked him a lot when he was part of the Blues organization and the only reason we got rid of him was because we have a superior version of him in Reaves but otherwise there is no real reason to trade away guys like him for pretty much nothing.

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:06 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

I'd like to see this, a lot. I think Boston needs a guy like this in the system.

If Winnipeg would take something around Caron - Peluso, I think the B's should make the move. We have nearly a half dozen guys fighting for the one open spot on the roster, losing Caron isn't going to be a back-breaker; and I think he's a a perfect change of scenario guy that is young enough to still blossom in the right environment. But I'm willing to roll the dice on him.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:36 AM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Something around Caron isn't bad value wise, but I think I'd rather just stick with Peluso. He is what he is, but he's good at it.

To me, Caron just seems to similar to what the Jets already have in Tangradi and to a lesser extent, Cormier. Players that just haven't been able to breakout and and will be stuck as fringe 3rd line forwards until someone better comes along and bumps them down to the fourth line.

I always liked Caron, but is he really that slow as someone suggested? Just not a fan of heavy footed players. I like speedy players who are quick on the forecheck and in transition.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Kiss My Rask
Loui Loui, ohhh no

Well we traded away Macdermid who was supposed to replace him. Had a few good fights for us. Camara has much more skill than Thornton and should be a very good third liner. I wish we got matt Kassian last year

Kiss My Rask is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:40 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
Delusional if you think it makes them any worse.
Going Thornton-Soupy-Peluso makes them ever-so incrementally worse. They're still the best team in the division* but losing the utility of the Merlot Line (I remember that line being matched against Vanek when Bergeron wasn't to physically wear him down) will affect the team. However, a TCP 4th line allows them to better intimidate opponents like they had in the recent past.

*sorry for right now, Wings fans.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Pretty much everyone in Winnipeg wants to see him kept over Thorburn as he is actually a pretty feared fighter. He looked like a better player too in his short pre injury stint in our lineup.

Considering we're going to have Scheifele taking way more abuse than he's used to even in junior...I think a guy like Peluso is needed so that Kane, Ladd, Buff or Stuart don't have to. It certainly figures Boston is the team **** hawking him. They know the value of having a feared enforcer who can play a regular shift. If our team was able to take liberties (not dirty) here and there because Peluso is there to back it up it will make us a harder team to play against.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:24 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Going Thornton-Soupy-Peluso makes them ever-so incrementally worse. They're still the best team in the division* but losing the utility of the Merlot Line (I remember that line being matched against Vanek when Bergeron wasn't to physically wear him down) will affect the team. However, a TCP 4th line allows them to better intimidate opponents like they had in the recent past.

*sorry for right now, Wings fans.
nothing says he has to play 82 games....

and as effective as that 4th line has been, and as good as it is, a bit more should be put on the top two lines to win games......

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:34 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I know. That's why I said slightly. Would you have preferred I threw an "ever-so" before it?

Old
07-17-2013, 12:41 PM
weaponomega

I would definintely support a trade for Peluso. He could be the guy to replace Thornton who I don't expect the Bruins to extend once his contract is up .

If Peluso can play a regular 4th line shift while being an intimidating factor with his fists then he is exactly the type of player the B's need going forward. I think guys like these are so undervalued.

weaponomega is online now   Reply With Quote