HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Clifford to Edmonton

Old
07-15-2013, 11:33 PM
GrindNMuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
There weren't any trade rumors about Simmonds either. Believe it or not, not all trades are preceded by a rumor. If anything, very few rumors actually come true.
Believe me i know this... I didn't just start watching hockey yesterday. And why are you comparing Simmonds with Clifford right now. This has nothing to do with him. Cliffords contract is a whole lot smaller.

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:34 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
There weren't any trade rumors about Simmonds either. Believe it or not, not all trades are preceded by a rumor. If anything, very few rumors actually come true.
I seem to recall reading in a few different places that simmonds and drew were partying alot together as roomates.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 11:38 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
And how about the rumors of Richards partying and being a cancer in the locker rooms??? Believe me, DL and most GMs aren't going to believe in this sort of nonsense.
Im sure dean talked to people in philly to see what that was all about. Your talking about two sperate situations. It can happen that one isnt true when the other is. Dean does talk about the right fit alot and maybe simmonds wasnt the right fit with his influence on drew. This is not a slight against him some people just shouldnt be with certain people it brings out a negetive side.

Old
07-16-2013, 06:39 PM
ncredible

So Carcillo being added to LA kind of makes a bit more available now doesn't it?

ncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 06:41 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncredible View Post
So Carcillo being added to LA kind of makes a bit more available now doesn't it?
Yes but not more avaiable to a divisional rivial Clifford would be heading east unless over payment imo

Old
07-17-2013, 12:51 AM
King of Sorrow

I know a lot of our posters would love to have Anton Slepyshev. What about a package with a 2nd, Slepyshev and David Musil.......?

King of Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:54 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Sorrow View Post
I know a lot of our posters would love to have Anton Slepyshev. What about a package with a 2nd, Slepyshev and David Musil.......?
To much of overpayment Clifford types could be acquired cheaper than that.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 01:03 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Division rival stuff is a thing of the past. When 1/4 of the league is in your division you just don't have that luxury anymore.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 01:13 AM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Sorrow View Post
overpayment

2 prospects and a second?

That's pricey.

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:50 AM
kinghock

I do not think it will be less than 2015 2nd and Slepyshev.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:06 AM
tony d
ATD 2015

I think it would take a draft pick and a prospect to get Clifford to Edmonton from L.A.

07-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Craig MacAtaracts
Visually...

vCash: 855
Would something like Linus Omark + 2015 2nd rounder work for LA?

Omark is pretty much the only cheap LW we have that has the skill set to play on the 2nd line.

Craig MacAtaracts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:12 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by knwledge View Post
Would something like Linus Omark + 2015 2nd rounder work for LA?

Omark is pretty much the only cheap LW we have that has the skill set to play on the 2nd line.
Actually i would like that as a return but sadly I don't see Dean agreeing to it. O'mark isnt the right fit for the chemistry factor. I do however like his offensive potential sadly he would need to agree to play in manchester or at least be open to it. I think with a few months there he may improve his defense enuff to make it worth giving him a shot again but as i said i dont think dean would agree.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Actually i would like that as a return but sadly I don't see Dean agreeing to it. O'mark isnt the right fit for the chemistry factor. I do however like his offensive potential sadly he would need to agree to play in manchester or at least be open to it. I think with a few months there he may improve his defense enuff to make it worth giving him a shot again but as i said i dont think dean would agree.
Omark is open to returning to NA and playing in the AHL. With LA's size in the top 6 he could thrive there

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:57 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Omark is open to returning to NA and playing in the AHL. With LA's size in the top 6 he could thrive there
I think so as well but I don't see Dean agreeing. Just out of curiousity what kinda contract would he be looking for? We re really short on cap space thats why i ask. Would could edmonton offer some cap relief say half his contract? That sorta deal may interest dean as we re trying to get another lw cheap.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Division rival stuff is a thing of the past. When 1/4 of the league is in your division you just don't have that luxury anymore.
LOL

Which is why Luongo went to NJ vs Edmonton for a reportedly inferior offer? Edmonton also was in on Bernier and remember where he went? To the East?

When 1/4 of the league is in your division, 75% of the league isn't. Also, 53% of teams are in the other conference if you are in the west.

If Clifford is really on the block, the Kings are going to trade him to the East. I would expect Philly to be all over him

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:04 AM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
LOL

Which is why Luongo went to NJ vs Edmonton for a reportedly inferior offer? Edmonton also was in on Bernier and remember where he went? To the East?

When 1/4 of the league is in your division, 75% of the league isn't. Also, 53% of teams are in the other conference if you are in the west.

If Clifford is really on the block, the Kings are going to trade him to the East. I would expect Philly to be all over him
When it comes to trading with in your division that only applies to star players not 3rd and 4th line players. EDM and LA has made plenty of trades. If LA is happy with the deal they will make it. As far as what Clifford will get I can't see it being a 2nd and a good prospect.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:05 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
LOL

You'll believe anything, won't you?

First of all, it wasn't Luongo who was traded, it was Schneider. And there was never any serious discussions around Schneider to EDM, but rather what the asking price would be. MacT would be fired if he went for what Gillis was offered. And Gillis also got hosed quite badly on that trade too.

EDIT: You changed your post from saying Luongo to NJ to Bernier to the East? Edmonton was never in on Bernier (Thank God).

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

Quote:
You'll believe anything, won't you?

First of all, it wasn't Luongo who was traded, it was Schneider. And there was never any serious discussions around Schneider to EDM, but rather what the asking price would be. MacT would be fired if he went for what Gillis was offered. And Gillis also got hosed quite badly on that trade too.

EDIT: You changed your post from saying Luongo to NJ to Bernier to the East? Edmonton was never in on Bernier (Thank God).
It's early here and I made a mistake with Luongo and Schneider. As a Canuck hater, I see them both as the same form of evil.

If there were never any serious discussions, they why during the draft did the TSN guys all say that Edmonton have a better offer on the table?

Watch at 1:50 on . Is Dreger making all this up for television. Dreger even had the reported trade ,a first a second and a top prospect.

I also didn't edit my post . Notice my post doesn't say "last edited by the dingo...." I mention both Bernier and Luongo as examples of players that Edmonton was interested in that were traded to the other conference

Quote:
Edmonton Oilers’ GM Craig MacTavish admitted Tuesday in his presser before going to the NHL draft that, yes indeed, he was trying to get Los Angeles Kings’ goalie Jonathan Bernier in a trade to tag-team with incumbent starter Devan Dubnyk.

It was never going to fly, however, because the Oilers next season will be playing in the same as yet unamed division with the Kings, San Jose and Anaheim, moving out of the northwest. There is no way LA wanted Bernier, Jonathan Quick’s back-up, playing against them half a dozen times a year and perhaps sticking it to them. Much better than Bernier be in Toronto working with James Reimer, over in the Eastern Conference.

The only way MacTavish was going to get Bernier was if he worked a three-way deal whereby the Kings sent Bernier to another club and quietly the Oilers did an end-around and got Bernier. The Oilers have done a few recent deals with the Kings–one that was semi-fine for winger Dustin Penner (Colten Teubert, who has not progressed on the farm in OKCity and they have to decide whether to keep his rights with a qualifying offer and a first-round draft that turned out to be high-end prospect D-men Oscar Klefbom), one that turned messy with the injured Colin Fraser and Ryan Smyth.

Was I in the running for Bernier? I thought I was, but I knew at the end of the day it would be difficult,” said MacTavish, because of the division rivalry angle. He has no complaints about Dubnyk, 27, as the Leafs don’t with Reimer, their playoff goalie, but MacTavish wanted some competition for the goalie job, in a perfect world.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Asheru

Quote:
If it's a thing of the past now, I'll believe it when I see a different trend.

Asheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
When it comes to trading with in your division that only applies to star players not 3rd and 4th line players. EDM and LA has made plenty of trades. If LA is happy with the deal they will make it. As far as what Clifford will get I can't see it being a 2nd and a good prospect.
Clifford is a guy with upside. Clifford also played with Carter and Richards a lot on the second line (Penenr and King also played in that slot)Clifford isn't a guy that the Kings want to play against. With the system the Kings play, their player's offensive numbers are repressed. Look at Simmonds. he was also a third liner in LA

Old
07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
In theory I agree, but I don't know if the Kings want their forwards having to play against Clifford that frequently because of the physical element to his game. If we were talking about a regular defensive 3rd or 4th liner that's not very physical, then yeah, I don't think the division thing would be that big of an issue.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:01 PM
XxSnipEzZ93

3rd round in 2014, Hemsky(retain 1/2 salary), B level prospect for Kyle Clifford, C level prospect, 6th round in 2014

XxSnipEzZ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
It's early here and I made a mistake with Luongo and Schneider. As a Canuck hater, I see them both as the same form of evil.

If there were never any serious discussions, they why during the draft did the TSN guys all say that Edmonton have a better offer on the table?

Watch at 1:50 on . Is Dreger making all this up for television. Dreger even had the reported trade ,a first a second and a top prospect.

I also didn't edit my post . Notice my post doesn't say "last edited by the dingo...." I mention both Bernier and Luongo as examples of players that Edmonton was interested in that were traded to the other conference
The Oilers did not offer a 1st, 2nd and a top prospect. That is what the Canucks were asking.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote